Military/deployment support threads?

• Forgive me if I just haven't poked around enough since I just recently joined, but are there any military spouse and/or deployment support threads? My husband is about to deploy (3rd time, but 1st since we've had a child) and I would love to have a "deployment diet" support group.
  • I don't know of any threads like this, but I'd definitely be interested in one!

My husband is on shore duty now, but he deployed in 2011 the week after having our second baby (and like you, it was his third deployment but the first since having kids... Our first was only 21 months)! I was very active on 3FC at that time and the deployment was a good thing for my weightloss because I threw all of my energy into my health... Going to the gym to relieve stress and calorie counting. I went from 165 to 132 in those 6 months.
  • Ok, great! My husband finished up 3 years of shore duty in May and is back on sea duty. LOL I forgot how stressful it is.

I did great on WW during his last deployment, but was eating 900 calories a day and hating life (well, only the food part of it) by the end. I loved how my clothes fit, but in the end it wasn't sustainable and I gained it all back. And then I had a baby. So, here I am again. I'm determined to lose the weight and be able to keep it off after he comes home and we're in the post deployment honeymoon phase again.
  • I think it would be great to start a thread for military spouses! I am an Army wife, we have been married for almost four months!
  • Thank you to whoever moved this! I knew I should have poked around a bit more and seen the support groups sub-forum.