Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2003, 09:25 PM   #1  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Default ~~ The Thin Group #96 ~~

Hello and welcome to the Thin Group! We are a great group of ladies (but men are welcome if there are any who care to join us) who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another. Everyone has their ups and downs and we’ll be here with you thru both! Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

Let’s all work together towards a healthier us in 2003!

Please feel free to check out our website and learn more about us at: www.geocities.com/hotsprings/sauna/4797

Love, CJ
Old 04-28-2003, 09:27 PM   #2  
CJ

Ok .. now don['t forget to check out the last few posts on #95.

Come on guys! Let's keep this group going ... get in here and POST!!

Until then, Slyvia and I will keep it up - right Slyvia?

Ok, hope to see some of you "lurkers" posting real soon!

Love, CJ
Old 04-30-2003, 12:03 AM   #3  

CJ YOU ARE SNEEKY!!!! I guess that is why we call you the

I hope you are all doing well. Just popping in for a quick hello. You know, my nurse practitioner thinks that I'm not eating enough carbs. First my doctor tells me I need to eat more and now the nurse is telling me that I'm not eating enough carbs. These medical professionals are really blowing me away. I never thought I would hear them say those things to me.

I am trying to keep up with the walking but this weather isn't helping. One minute it's sunny the next it's pouring rain. Hopefully I'll get some walking in tomorrow!

Well ladies, I hope you all come out of lurkdom and pop in just to say hello.

Lots of love-

Sylvia
Old 04-30-2003, 10:15 AM   #4  
CJ

Hee hee hee .. that be me .. SNEAKY!

Glad to hear you are doing so well Slyvia ... I know I need to get out and do some walking but have a bum knee and it has been giving me trouble lately ... Rain ... it is so dry up here at the cabin that we can't even have campfires! So we are waiting for the rain and hopefully we will have some today or tomorrow or by the weekend. Then we can start enjoying our campfires once again.

Hmmmm... COME OUT - COME OUT - COME OUT YOU LURKERS - WHEREVER YOU ARE!!!!!!!!!

Well ... cleaned out closets and cubbards in the cabin yesterday .. today am going to start sorting thru stuff getting ready for my 1st garage sale up here at the cabin .. hopefully Memorial Day weekend.

OK ... maybe will pop in later - definately tomorrow. Hope to see some more posts! (HINT HINT HINT)!!

Love, CJ
Old 04-30-2003, 02:16 PM   #5  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Well well well, I see my old friend CJ is up to her old tricks eh? I guess if you post a lot of interesting little tidbits here sooner or later you will get to 30. HA HA HA HA

You are such a little BRAT CJ! And you know it too. Yes you do, but I gotta love you anyways thinking of it. HA HA You are too funny.

Anyways, H & R Block is a thing of the past for another year. I am enjoying just some time off. We have been busy finishing up some painting in the kitchen. This weekend we should be ready to start on the living room and putting in the hardwood floors. Than after that we will start painting, it will be a bear, there is a 22 foot ceiling that I am NOT anxious to paint. I don't think I like heights that much. Now if Ken and I can just agree on a color that will be a miracle. I would like something more neutral in there, not like the red of the family room. I don't think I want to see a 22 foot high ceiling of red or any other bold color in there. Especially since the color will have to be carried up the stairs and into the hall outside the bedrooms. So we will see what we get. Ken wants to pick the color this time since he reminding me he gave in to me about the red. HA HA

Sylvia-Gosh that baby sure is kicking up a storm isn't he? I would say he wants to come out really bad wouldn't you? LOL Hey what happen to you? You didn't beat CJ to the new thread this time. You must be slipping eh? But I must tell you that she will try every trick in the book to beat you, believe me I know. We have been battling starting the new thread for years. And one more thing, watch out when she says she is going to take a bath, that is when she really tries to put one over on you. LOL Congrats to your sister on the birth of your new niece. It is great that you and your sister's children will be able to grow up together.

Judy-Congratulations on your beautiful new grandaughter coming into your life. I am so happy for you. gosh your 5th one. I don't have any grandchildren yet, but will look forward to it and see how happy you and CJ are with all of them in your lives. I know they will touch my life like no other way I have even known.

CJ-Don't worry I would NEVER close the door on you guys, just been soooo busy painting. I have been a painting fool working well into the night with Ken and son Dan. We have done some serious bonding doing it too. LOL How the heck are you? Looking forward to you email and seeing how you have been doing. How is the cabin coming along now? I'll bet by the time we come up and visit you guys, it will be coming along wonderfully. Can't wait to see you again. Don't know when though, just have to get thru Tracy's wedding first than we'll be there.

Sam-My gosh I too can't believe that Josie is 7 months old already. And can Charlie really be 2? Oh my! They grow so very fast don't they? I know you are really enjoying your great family and I love hearing from you when you post as to how you are doing. You will get that weight off I just know it. Hey I know having 4 kids myself it isn't fair how much Motherhood does to your darn weight. I don't understand these ladies that have a baby and look just as good as before. That certainly isn't me that's for sure. If it was I sure wouldn't need this group. Love you Sam and I am so happy to hear from you.

Kerri- How are you doing? I sure am glad you have come back to post again with us. I missed you, that's for sure. Post often, we go back a long way don't we? So did you stay away from that St. Paddy's day food too? I was a good girl and did and sure hope you had a great one.

Trish-Hi and welcome back to the fold. Glad you will post again with us. We will help you get to where you want to be. Yes I would be the same way too, with 2 kids in the Air Force now and if I had to worry about either my son or my daughter being in Iraq I can understand. But hopefully he will be coming home soon since things are going good there. But you can't take the mother out of us can you? But you still have a good weight loss and you can built on that from now on. Better than gaining it all back isn't it? Miss you and hope to hear from you soon. You are a really great gal and have already contributed so much to this group.

OK CJ will be really happy to have me post so where the heck are the rest of you guys??? Desiree? Where you? Come on back to us and post. Hey where is Sher-Bear anyways? Come on and post again with us. Kerri post again when you can. PLEASE guys! We love you guys and miss you too. Where the heck are both Carolyn's-Chglenn and Regency anyways? Gail come back to us too. I have been trying to get my sister in law, Chrissy to post too, but she is so darn busy that's for sure. We miss you guys so much and would just LOVE to hear from you.

Well guys take care and talk to you soon. Hope we get lots and lots more Thinsters coming back to us soon.

Love you guys, Sassy Sharon
Old 04-30-2003, 11:10 PM   #6  

Hello Ladies!

I hope you are all having a nice day!....even those of you in lurkdom!

Glad to see that Miss Sharon posted with us! I guess we are not alone CJ!

Sharon- Don't get me started on choosing a color to paint! My husband and I can't agree on a name for our baby and what color to paint the nursery. He wants light blue and white, I want light sage and cream. I want a natural wood crib he wants white. I guess we'll figure it out eventually, we don't have that much time left...only 13 weeks tog go.

CJ- bum knee huh? Wouldn't a bum knee hurt when you clean out the closet? Just giving you a hard time! I have a reputation to uphold you know. Just remember, it's better to be a smart*ss than a dumb*ss.

Oooh, my little bambino is just kicking away as I type this! He must not like his Mama sitting at the computer 'cause he's kicking my bladder again.

Well ladies, I have to run now...I won't tell you where I need to go but I'm sure you can figure that one out yourselves!

Sylvia
Old 05-02-2003, 01:47 PM   #7  

Howdy Ladies and lurkers!

I hope you are all doing well. Just popping in for a quick hello.

Just came back from grocery shopping. I met up with the nutritionist yesterday and she told me that I'm not eating enough carbs and that I need to eat more. These people are confusing me now....one minute they tell me not to eat the carbs and now they want me to eat carbs. I have to do what I have to do to have a healthy baby.

I hope you lovely ladies come in to at least post a "hello".

I'm off to do some more shopping, going to a christening on Sunday and need to pick a gift and a little something for my bambino! Baby clothes is just so darn cute!!!

Have a great weekend!

Sylvia
Old 05-03-2003, 04:01 PM   #8  

Hello Ladies!

I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend! I was sent this via e-mail and I thought I would share. I hope it helps inspire us even more to get out and move!

Take Care!

Sylvia

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

As you may have discovered, there are many more reasons to walk (and keep on walking) besides weight loss. Here, Bonne Marano, writer and fitness expert based in NYC gives us 12 reminders why walking is a great workout.

1. Because walking is a weight-bearing exercise, it strengthens and builds bones, helping to prevent osteoporosis.

2. Walking can boost your energy level. When you're feeling sapped, a brisk 10-minute jaunt provides a better, longer-lasting jolt than a cup of coffee.

3. Motion betters emotion. Putting one foot in front of the other
relieves stress and releases feel-good brain chemicals that lift your mood.

4. Not getting a good dose of ZZZ's at night? Walking regularly helps you sleep more soundly

5. It's low-impact and far less joint jarring than running, so walking isn't likely to cause injuries.

6. Stepping lively is a boon to health. It not only burns fat, but
also strengthens your heart and boosts your immunity.

7. Striding is one of the best body toners around. Add hills and
you'll really pump up its sculpting power

8. Walking is cost effective. You'll shed pounds without spending a ton of cash.

9. If you want to build endurance and stamina, trekking consistently does it.

10. It's the ultimate no-excuses workout. No gizmos or gadgets
required; you can do it anytime, anywhere.

11. More healthy benefits: Walking helps lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels.

12. You're a bit of a klutz? So what. Walking comes naturally—no
additional coordination required.
Old 05-08-2003, 09:32 AM   #9  
CJ

Oops .. guess I better get in here and post! Been away from the computer for a few days .. we snuck away from the cabin for a little break. Just got a washer hooked up in the new garage so now I can do laundry here instead of the laundromat! Hate going to the laundromat and spending all that money .. $1.75 a load now! That is not including the dryer. I have lines up to hang them. We're going home on Monday for about 1 week, then back up here for the summer! Of course we will have to make a short trip home for a day to pick up mail (bills must be paid) and of course have my hair done (trim and color). My girlfriend has been doing my hair for the past 20 yrs and I don't want anyone else doing it .. she has her own business at her home.

Slyvia: How are you feeling? It's almost time - I'm sure you are getting so anxcious now, eh? Hope you are feeling great.

Sharon: I know, I know - I still owe you an email. Sorry my friend, just been busy doing a lot of nothing (haha) and I think of you every day, just don't get that email out! I'm bad at that. But, I promise, today I will!!!!!!!!! I PROMISE!!!!! I know you are busy getting ready for that wedding that is coming up soon .. and your are probably painting away (that's if you and Ken have decided on a color yet) LOL ... I PROMISE I will email you today!

Well ...Guess I will go get dressed, make the bed, and get some more loads ready for my washer ... the weather up here is now starting to get really nice .. we had rain beginning of the week so we were able to sit in front of a nice fire last nite .. before the rain there was a fire ban - bummer! I have another cubbard to clean out here in the cabin but think I shall wait for another rainy day .. don't feel like it when it is so nice out. I set up my XLglider outside .. maybe I will actually get on it and use it!

OK .. talk to you later ... I'll check back to see if there is any more posts.

Love, CJ
Old 05-10-2003, 01:39 PM   #10  
CJ

Just a quickie here ... as usual - lol

It's such a beautiful day today! Doing my laundry - hanging it up .. getting lots and lots of exercise cuz I have to go to the new garage to use the machine ... don't have hookup yet in the cabin. Expecting my son and daughter in law sometime this afternoon or evening. Am going out in a few to do some raking .. yea, more exercise!

Slyvia - check in please. Haven't heard from you since the 3rd .. thats seven days already!

And a big hello to all you LURKERS out there that are too chicken to come in and post! Come on ... we miss you all!

Well ... until later

Love, CJ
Old 05-11-2003, 09:00 PM   #11  

Happy Mother's Day to all of you that are Mothers!!!

Here is a little something that was sent to me by a friend. It is very sweet and it brought tears to my eyes!

I'll post more tomorrow, my husband is making me dinner so I better go make sure he hasn't blown up the kitchen!

Big hugs to all!

Sylvia

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The mother's image is the first that stamps itself on the unwritten page of the young child's mind.
It is her caress that first awakens a sense of security,
her kiss, the first realization of affection,
her sympathy and tenderness, the first assurance that there is love in the world.

- David O. Mckay.
Old 05-13-2003, 12:50 AM   #12  

Hello Ladies!

I hope you are all doing well. I'm just popping in for a quick hello as I promised I would!

Nothing new to report...I have the heartburn from h*ll and it's not going away. I'm having a hard time eating anything even water is giving me heartburn. Oh well, it will go away in 12 weeks but who's counting!

I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day.

Well ladies, I hope more of you post soon. It is kind of lonely in here without you guys!

I'm off to bed.

Hugs to all,
Sylvia
Old 05-13-2003, 03:53 PM   #13  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Default HAPPY BELATED MOTHERS DAY!!!

Hi guys,
I just wanted to wish everyone a belated happy Mothers Day. Did everyone have a great one! I had a good one, Ken, son, Dan and my daughters boyfriend finished putting down the living room hardwood flooring. So now both the family room and the living room is all done. Just have to now paint the living room like we did the family room-not red though. Ken gets to pick this color out. But will not be able to do that right away yet. Too much happening with Tracy's wedding coming up next month and her and Alan both coming home on leave, don't want to start something unless we can finish it.

Anyways, went out for dinner at the Golden Corral in Greenwood with the family and man what a lot of food, tried to eat only good things, but did gain a pound this week, but actually I am doing pretty good and have exercised everyday this past week and am still working on doing it again this week if I can. But maybe it is muscle now-HA HA well you know what they say don't you? MUSCLE WEIGHS MORE THAN FAT SO THERE! LOL

Syvia-Hope your heartburn goes away, just think next year you will be a real mother with the birth of your new little bundle of joy boy.

CJ-I know you are very glad to get that washer finally. Much easier I would think, plus you can always do other things while waiting for the clothes to wash, unlike the laundrymat, all you can do is just sit there looking dumb. Well not that you are dumb, but you know. HA HA How was your visit with your son and DIL? I am sure you had a good time. Got your email and sent you back a real long one, so CATCH UP! HA HA HA

So come on all you Thinsters don't let us be lonely anymore.
Take care everyone and group hug now. Love ya, Sassy Sharon

Old 05-17-2003, 12:03 AM   #14  

Hello Ladies!

I hope you are all doing well. Sorry for not posting sooner, we are having problems with our ISP so I can only use my husband's laptop for a few minutes.

I had my 29 week appointment with my doctor yesterday. I lost a pound but gained 2 kilos...how does that work? My doctor says that everything looks good, so I'll take her word. Heartburn is pretty much gone thanks to a nice prescription from my doctor.

My bambino is really doing some funky karate moves at the moment....my stomach is looking funny with the "thumps". It actually makes me smile when he kicks...makes it feel real.

Sharon- I'm sure your living room looks great. You sure are like Martha Stewart aren't ya? Well, without the threat of spending time in jail of course!

CJ- I'm ssure you are having a great time at your cabin. Funny how important a good hair stylist is!

Judy- How is the new grandbaby? I'm sure you are quite the proud Grandma!

Jo- Are you out there? If so, are you married yet? I know you were planning your wedding so I hope everything is working out for you! Please come in to post!

Well ladies, I'm off to bed. I scrubbed the floors on hands and knees and I'm bushed. Yes, I know that I'm crazy for cleaning the floors like that. I have no idea what got into me! Believe me, I won't be doing that any time soon!

Have a great weekend!

Sylvia

Last edited by aivlys; 05-17-2003 at 01:48 PM.
Old 05-17-2003, 11:46 PM   #15  
CJ

Just popping in for a quick HI ... I am so tired right now can hardly keep my eyes open .. but didn't want Slyvia to feel all alone ... I promise I will write a longer post tomorrow!

Love, CJ
Closed Thread