3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

It's a Worldy Chicks Winter Wonderland

Old 12-13-2012, 03:23 PM   #106
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Afternoon Everyone.....

Not much to report...dinner was pizza. Kitchen clean up, laundry and Sassy and I sat in the chair and cuddled all evening. SHe is such a great cuddler.

My brother (the one in the band) called me this morning. He and his wife are coming late to Christmas eve then are going to stay over night. I am so excited. Over night company is the best. I am going to make my breakfast casserole for Christmas morning. Then they have to leave to go to my SILs sister's house for Christmas Day. C and I will enjoy ourselves, just the two of us.

CEEG...ugh on the sinus headache. I have been good in the morning but then about mid-day I have a whooper of a headache come on and make me insane. Hope you are feeling better by now. Funny, I googled the 12/21/2012 thing yesterday. I don't believe it, but it is fun reading, kind of like horoscopes, in that category.

LAURA...I always make my dough in the breadmaker. Easy Peasy....throw the stuff in, turn it on, 1hr15mns, pizza dough! Yeah! You are doing great on the exercising and hitting the gym. Maybe that is what I need a brand new pair of tennis shoes to motivate me. NOT. Won't budge me. lol

HAPPY....prayers to the DH. God love him....maybe too much coffee?? or caffeine?? Yes, we hope to break even on Cs house...but will be well worth getting out from under it.

MELLIE MELLIE MELLIE...too much party food equals trips to the potty. I feel your pain...lol. I just ate a piece of baklava shipped to us from Harry & Davids. Blah, my tummy is turning wondering what in the h*ll I did to it. Almost feel like puking. Too sweet, probably get a headache over it also.

SHADDIE...what did you force the page to turn a billy club? haha. Sophie's eyes just make me melt. What a cutie. Good luck on the job stuff.

Hello to the rest of you lovely ladies.

Loves and Hugs

Lap RNY 2/12/07- weightloss: 163 lbs; 306 SW; 143 CW
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:20 PM   #107

Annie - Awww, I like large dogs, but have to admit that little ones like Sassy would be great for cuddling. Your Christmas Eve/Day plans sound nice. The way things are shaping up, bf and I will have the 25th to ourselves. His family and my family gatherings are the week after and the week before the actual holidays, and we're hosting a small gathering on Christmas Eve. If sneakers don't do it, would new workout clothing motivate you to exercise? A lot of my exercise clothes are getting old and ratty, so I've decided to use my still unused gift cards to buy some new stuff. Thanks for adding your recommendation of the breadmaker for pizza dough. I probably don't need to be making pizzas very often...but when I think about it...we order pizza about once every two weeks anyway. And it's got to be less expensive than ordering in! PS I've got a taste for that easy beef stroganoff recipe you shared here - it was sooo tasty when we tried it last time.

Ceejay - Good idea to plan your meals. What's on the menu?? With all these vacation days I'm taking this month, it's hard for me to stick to my usual workday eating routine. Boo. I need to be vigilant so I can maintain my weight this month!! Hope your headache goes away - sinus headaches are the worst!
==
Popped over to the art institute at lunch time and visited the Thorne miniature rooms, which I've loved to see since I was a kid. Link:

http://www.artic.edu/aic/collections/thorne

I didn't have time to see all of them, but it was fun to see some. Looking forward to going back - I'm really liking these mini-visits.

Here's a couple photos, one of the famous lions guarding the outside of the museum, and the other is of one of the mini rooms (scale: 1 inch=1foot). They actually decorated some of the rooms for the holidays, but the decorations are much more subtle than what we do now, at least in the US!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AIC lion wreath resz.JPG (91.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Thorne Rm 12-13-12 resz.JPG (84.3 KB, 7 views)

Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:31 PM   #108

Height: 5'5"

So much for posting in the morning! LOL I've had these sinus issues for a while now and it is wecking my sleep. Saw the Doc today, she put me on z-pac and refered me to an ENT. Also had my foot x-rayed---think i pulled something, or have a small srtess fracture. have to go see a podiatrist...more trips. I am hoping the anitbiotic clears up my sinuses for christmas, then I can put off seeing the ENT unitl Jan.

I am officially down to 269. Have to keep trudging away and remeber that I am doing this to be healthier and to set a good example for my kids.

I will try to post tomorrrow have a great night!!

Take each day as it comes!

First Mini Goal

upswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:45 PM   #109
Some days not so much

S/C/G: Macys Balloon/Chubbette/OK

Height: Fun Size

Hi guys,

Going to try and post now - I have to get to bed soon and have an early start in the morning - hopefully it won't be a long work day. Me and the boss worked today - at least it felt like we got something done. She also made arrangements to get some help on the weekend and hopefully we are getting one of the young, former workers to come in while she's on Christmas break from school so that will help alot - she did that so I could cut my hours back some so I appreciate her hearing me out.

DH said he had a good day today when he picked me up. And he shoveled snow and a was a busy boy. So your prayers are working - thanks We'll see how he's doing as bed time approaches as he usually gets the pangs then.

Ellen - good going on the weight loss but sorry you are feeling bad from top to bottom. Hope it's nothing too serious and the meds work on the sinuses. With the podiatrist - just remember. If they give you a shot in the foot it hurts like the blue blazes but it does make you feel alot better afterwards - like the next day.

Laura - those mini rooms look like a very interesting display. Glad you are enjoying your art education. Love the lions outside. I guess it makes sense that the pizza dough would not rise as much - it's more cracker like in texture than fluffy bread dough. Oh well, another medium to conquer Actually I heard that pizza is supposed to be rather healthy - like pasta or baked potatoes - it's the toppings that make it so sinful. I've gotten used to veggie pizzas -but GOTTA have my cheese - for protein of course Skipping the sausage and pepperoni and most meats really saves on the fat and calories. And congrats on really hitting the gym hard.

Annie - I am excited for you that you are having overnight guests. I know how much you like company. They are in for a treat whether they realize it or not (and I think they do). I'm sure Sassy is excited about someone new to pet her and shower her with attention I can so relate to what you are saying about the baklava upsetting the tummy - tongue liked it - tummy not so much

Ceejay - hope you do well with the food plan - that is a good strategy whether you are meal planning or going to the grocery store. Map it out ahead of time and you're less likely to make mistakes. I'm glad we don't have many fast food options here - McDs or Subway mostly - so I'm not so tempted.

Mel - I agree, loving your holiday pictures. I hope your grocery shopping for odds and ends doesn't meal cow heads and pig tails You can tell I've been watching far too much of the Cooking Channel shows Sorry you got the crummy tummy today. I am praying it's just some funky food vs a virus for you too. Ginger tea, ginger ale. Ginger is our friend

I just saw on the Interent that there's a double meteor shower tonight. Oh well, it's not only cloudy but it's also foggy so I won't feel bad about going to bed early and missing that. They are talking about a freezing rain on Saturday - I hope not, I'm working the late shift and we have a big hill going up to our road - 4 wheel drive does nothing on ice.

Good night all. I probably won't have time to post tomorrow so I'll catch up with you on Saturday. Thanks for the good wishes and prayers for DH.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:46 AM   #110

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Either nothing or flat out here.

But I found something for Mel. Might make her feel better.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mels firies.jpg (36.2 KB, 9 views)
Old 12-14-2012, 08:26 AM   #111
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Good morning Chicks.
I love these Chrismassy pics too....but you already know that

The weekend is near. One more day.
Yesterday was a confusing day.
I don't think anyone can read the sign on the door.
Finally I just stopped answering it and turned the house phone off.
I finally felt better last night. Must have been something I ate.
Maybe the birthday cake. It was such a small piece too.
But the icing tasted "phony" to me. ..can't explain it.

Looking forward to the weekend.
I am not going down today. Will set the weekend up via phone.

I think we're going Spanish for Christmas dinner.
No need to pick up any extras until next Tuesday.
That's the story for the day.
Hope you all have a great day

Happy~ Sometimes I wonder myself what could have been.
I am very sorry to hear about DH and the palps.
Does he have them all the time & all day??
I have lived with them for years.
They come and go and no one knows why.
But they are few and far between and never got caught on the little recorder.
After many ultrasounds & the glow in the dark tests,
they decided there was nothing wrong but nerves.
Definitely sending prayers & good thoughts his way.
Another opinion would be a good idea.
PART 2: I am relieved to hear DH felt better.
Will still pray anyway.
There must be anxiety for him with the Holidays I am sure.
Hope you get all your chores done...no pig tails or heads here...
unless you mean the men I have to deal with in Maintenance

Laura....you made me laugh with the "bread setting" on the machine
OMG I will crack up all day thinking of that. Something Jen & I would do.
As for dinner....I think it will be roast pork, yucca, rice & beans & yams. We usually make our own veggies cause theirs are overcooked. Richie also buys different meat-filled pastries.
The pork is marinaded in citrus juices. OMG too tasty by far!!
It's a very heavy carb meal and I can only eat it once and awhile.
Even Richie cannot eat this way anymore...we have Americanized his diet!!
So this is not a big help to you for ideas. HA!
Good luck with the pizza!!!
PART 2: I love the pic. Love the lion!! OMG how cute!!
I will look at all this later on! Thanks so much for posting this.

Ceejay.....Hope your day off today an yesterday are good ones.
Thanks so much for the card. I have not done any yet.
My online stamps have not arrived
A sign is a great idea if people read before they knock
Also hope your weekend at work is a quiet one. Bring a book or music!!

Annie....the piece of cake was so tiny like the baklava.
Hard to believe something so small can cause so many problems!!
I didn't even eat lunch with the girls & I stayed upstairs
I am very happy for you that the Bro is coming to stay.
Enjoy the visit & the breakfast casserole
Hope both our tummys like Christmas!!!

Shad....OMG I CRACKED UP.
LOOKING FOR A BOOK OF MATCHES EVEN AS I TYPE THIS

Ellen...hope you feel better and congrats on the weightloss

Last edited by MELODY525 : 12-14-2012 at 08:27 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:50 AM   #112
Happy September

LAURA....THE SLIDE SHOW FOR THE HOLIDAY ROOMS AND HOW THEY DECORATE THEM IS ADORABLE.
MINI MENORAHS, KISSING BALLS AND DOGGIES......JUST TO NAME A FEW.
WHAT WONDERFUL DISPLAYS.
I AM GOING BACK THERE LATER TO LOOK MORE!!
THANK YOU.

Last edited by MELODY525 : 12-14-2012 at 10:49 AM.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:35 PM   #113
gettin' with the plan

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

My two days off have flown by. Yesterday I spent most of the afternoon in the optometrists office, but I had a very thorough eye exam with state of the art equipment. Whew, my glass are costing me a fortune. After I got home the office called and wanted me to go to the main office in Blytheville for more exact fitting by the use of machine and computers. I was impressed.
I also stopped by Sears to order a part for my lawn mower but they have discontinued that model. I have an electric mower powered by a long extension cord. I'm going to look on line. Also scheduled my washer and dryer for maintenance for the 20th.

Mel
Good for you in keeping your door closed. I'm going to have to start doing that when I need to rest.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:04 PM   #114

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Message to President Obama.
You may have been reduced to tears. You may feel saddened. You may SAY that 'something will happen'. But for Gods sake do not just TALK. The collective gun lobby should be feeling shame and remorse that they and their weird ideas allowed this to happen.
I like the good folk (mostly) of the US. Mostly their hearts are in the right place, but there is absolutely no place for automatic weapons being let loose on a civilised society. I can (almost) understand the need for hunting rifles as long as they are single shot and indeed used for the purpose that they were intended. In a civilised society there is no excuse for each and all having a method of mass destruction at their disposal. There is no excuse for mass destruction of tiny children. Look into the eyes of your own daughters and ask yourself how you would feel.
You are supposed to be a civilised nation with a huge amount of power. Behave like one. Ensure this is never going to happen again.
Gun control works in other places, it is never perfect, but it works. It doesn't have to take hunting, shooting and sporting pleasure away from those who enjoy it. How many massacres like this do you have to have before you do something about it?

Well that is my two cents worth for the day - and I am seeing little Sophia's blue eyes looking at me while I write it. Take a moment to think about it and picture the face of some little person you love. Lil man, Sophia, Ceejays nieces and nephews, our great nieces and nephews, Ellens little ones. Tell me, how would you feel if it was one of the above mentioned. You still say it is okay to have a complete arsenal in the house, fully loaded and ready to kill. HOW WOULD YOU FEEL?

Mel - glad you liked the photo of the firies. I thought of you as soon as I saw it on Facebook. As soon as the DB1 sends me some copies of the photos you shall have whatever you like. It'll be my gift to you. It's not the family photos I am getting Brendan to organise for his Christmas present. We have to wait for those. If I don't hear something from them soon, then I will go online and sort out a photographer for them.

Happy - So sorry to hear that DH is still having palpitation problems. Hope something can be done for him quickly. It must be quite frightening for you both.

Ceejay. No rest for the wicked. Back to work I see.

Laura - loved the link to the miniature rooms. Always nice to see how the other half lived, and the absolute talent that some people have to create such fun and beauty for the enjoyment of others.

Annie - Pizza sounds good. I have some pizza bases in the fridge. May get around to cooking them up soon with whatever I have in the house. To force the page to turn, I go to the bottom of the page I am in. Put in a note like I did and submit it. Because it can only put the new post at the bottom of the last created post, it has to go to the current page. Ha ha. Nothing scientific or bludgeoning about it. Posts are numbered and the numbers are set in sequence.

Ellen - well done on the weight loss. Hope you begin to feel better soon. If you find a complete cure for Sinus's and their problems let me know. I'll meet up with you in Arizona (remember the ad???) and we can exchange secrets.

The powers that be at work have decided to sign us all up for another 3 months. I will accept most likely. However if there is no improvement in the planning and implementation and training after that, it can be stuck up their collective noses. I will have some time off and reconsider life.

Right better go and sort out the washing. Nice slow day today. I am going to do some personal housekeeping, have a drink or two and read a book. Nothing like a down day.

Last edited by Shad : 12-14-2012 at 09:21 PM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:28 AM   #115
Annie - Indiana

Posting from home...hopefully it will magically be there without escaping before posting...

SHADDIE...I belive in your post about Obama....I am so disgusted with the US leadership. I don't care if democrat or republican, we are in a HUGE mess. The normal average poor person...me...are the ones suffering...yes, he has done a few good things for the poor, women, middle class, but overall we are in a mess. ok off my rant.

3 am cannot sleep. Up and thinking of what to do next. C will be up in about 30 mins. Guess I will be available to give the kiss off...have a good day at work my man.

Sis and I are going to finish up shopping today. I have a few stops to make and fortunately she has some of the same. Lil man is going with then we are stopping for lunch.

Posting and finishing in next post since I seem to lose posts from home.

Old 12-15-2012, 03:35 AM   #116
Annie - Indiana

CEEG...two days off seem to fly by rather quickly...two days at work are a lifetime...blah...

MELLIE...I swear...I am sending you some excellent signs for your door...What would you like them to say? Seriously...tell me...I can make you the best signs.

HAPPY...how is DH? Prayers tell me the best. Christmas is just around the corner, hope your poor feeties can stand it. Hugs sister...customer service is really more than we can sometimes handle. xoxo

LAURA....was going to see the Hobbit on Sunday, as it turns out I am babysitting lil man instead. What a great exchange.... Of course, at this hour, lil Sass is asleep in my lazyboy. I will join her shortly. I love her so much it is re dic.

Hey to all the rest of you Worldies.

Love and hugs

Old 12-15-2012, 03:36 AM   #117
Annie - Indiana

ELLEN...congrats on the lbs lost. You are my inspiration at this time...keep up the great work!

Old 12-15-2012, 07:51 AM   #118
Happy September

GOOD MORNING CHICKS.

SORRY TO SAY NONE OF OUR PRESIDENTS OR THE SENATE OR THE HOUSE OF REPS HAS DONE THEIR DUTY AS AFAR AS GUN CONTROL.
IT'S ALL ABOUT LOSING A FRASSING VOTE.
MY HEART IS BROKEN FOR THOSE CHILDREN & THEIR PARENTS. DEVASTATING NEWS ALL DAY.
AND TO TOP IT OFF....400 TROOPS WERE SENT TO TURKEY ALONG WITH MISSLES AS PART OF THE UN DECIDION. .
THE WORLD IS IN TERRIBLE DISREPAIR.
IT WOULD TAKE A MAGICIAN TO FIX ALL THIS.
TIME FOR GOD TO INTERVENE CAUSE OBVIOUSLY WE CANNOT TAKE CARE OF OURSELVES.

YESTERDAY I KEPT TRYING TO FIND LITTLE THINGS TO DO.
FINALLY TURNED OFF THE TV AND JEN WENT TO VISIT A FRIEND.
RICHIE IS WORKING THRU THE HOLIDAYS AND IS ANGRY.
THE BOSS OVER-BOUGHT FURS AND THEY HAVE TO GET DONE.
HE DID THIS ON PURPOSE TO SAVE HIS SORRY BUTT FINANCIALLY.
RICHIE WILL HAVE TO GO IN AS HE CANNOT AFFORD TO DO OTHERWISE.
HE HAS HIS KIDS TO THINK OF AND NO UNION AT WORK.
I TOLD HIOM TO SUCK IT UP AND GRAB THE CHECK!
I AM PRAYING FOR A QUIETER WEEKEND.
YESTERDAY I FELT LIKE I WAS FIGHTING FOR MY SANITY ALL DAY.

HOPE YOU GALS HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND

SHAD....I HOPE THE 3 MONTH CONTRACT WILL BE OK.
SAME THING I SAID TO RICHIE...TAKE THE MONEY AND RUN!!
AT THIS POINT MAYBE A JOB IS A JOB.
JUST WISH YOU HAD ONE WITH A "HAPPY ENDING".
LOVE THE IDEA OF THE PICS!
YOU ARE TOO RIGHT ABOUT THIS COUNTRY.
CAN YOU BELIEVE THE GUNS ALL BELONGED TO THE MOTHER???
WHAT THE F__K WAS SHE GONNA USE THEM FOR???
I JUST HEARD THIS ON THE TV WHEN I TURNED IT ON

CEEJAY......SORRY YOUR DAYS FLEW BY.
FUNNY HOW THEY DON'T FLY BY AS FAST AT WORK!!
HOPE YOU GET TO FIX EVERYTHING.
HATE WHEN SOMETHING IS DISCONTINUED.
MAYBE YOU'LL FIND SOMETHING YOU LIKE.
KEEPING THE DOOR SHUT IS THE BEST THING I EVER DID. lbeach:
HAVE A GREAT DAY AT WORK

ANNIE.....WHAT THE HAY WERE YOU DOING UP??
STILL HAVING PROBLEMS WITH SLEEPING??
SENDING YOU SOME SWEET DREAM DUST
HAD A LAUGH AT THE SIGNS OFFER.
CAN'T WRITE HERE WHAT I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO PUT THERE. ROFLMAO
THE OFFICE LETS ME KNOW WHAT I CAN SAY.
IT'S BECAUSE I AM ON THE PAYROLL AS TENANT SERVICES.
BUT THANKS ANYWAY. I EVEN USE GRAPHICS!! HA!!!!!

Last edited by MELODY525 : 12-15-2012 at 07:54 AM.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:57 AM   #119
gettin' with the plan

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Mel
Tell Richie I have to work also. Will he get over time? I'm praying for a quiet week end also.

Shad
Hope things get more organized for you to do the work. And yes I agree about the gun control, especially these automatic weapons.

Annie
I can relate to waking up around three and not being able to go back to sleep. I told myself that tonight I'm going to take Melatonin to see if that will help. It takes me a while to relax enough to be able to sleep straight through the night. It probably didn't help that I took a 2 hour nap yesterday afternoon.

---------------
Back to work this morning. I'll have five day's to work this week and yes 12 hours per day. I did get a bit done this week end. Cleaned both the living room and my bedroom and started on the bathroom. I'll mop the floor tonight. And then start on the kitchen.
I'm all decorated for Christmas. I did have to buy a few more ornaments for my small white pre lit tree but I really like it. This is the first year since mom passed that I've had any Christmas spirit.
My aunt has improved a tiny bit but she still has a long way to go.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:44 AM   #120
Some days not so much

S/C/G: Macys Balloon/Chubbette/OK

Height: Fun Size

Hi ladies,

My heart broke when I got home from work and heard about the school shooting. I cannot imagine how ANYONE could shoot and kill tiny little kids. But then again, look at the profiles of these shooters - cold blooded killers - he probably didn't look upon them as innocent kids any more than he would if they were a room full of squirrels. When you come right down to it, we have always had demented individuals who committed mass murder - Jack the Ripper in the 1800's, I grew up with the Manson Clan, and 2 high profile killers in Chicago - John Wayne Gacy and Richard Speck. For a while there were bombings. Anyone remember where the term "going postal" originated from? Now the weapon of choice is a gun.

While everyone immediately rallies around gun control, I see this particular incident as much deeper than that. First of all, the murderer took the guns from his mother. Let's assume she got them through legitimate means - part of owing a gun is being responsible for securing it safely. Did the mother have an inkling her kid was unstable? What would stricter gun control laws have done in this case? I do agree that they should reinstate the ban on assault weapons - can't think of any reason why anyone outside of a police swat team or military would need one of those.

What I find personally disturbing is the incredibly violent video games that kids grow up on. No more Mario Brothers running, jumping obstacles and racking up points - now it's all about fighting, shooting, stabbling and bludgeoning. I can't bear to look at the "games" I see the younger people in my life playing on a routine basis. Same thing with slasher films. Tell me these people are not being desenitized to and detached from violence. I also know from first hand experience that there are so many people with mental instabilities today. And the system does not address and cure them - they get held for a while, medicated and let loose on society. There's alot of people who need to be on medication all the time, who hate how it makes them feel so they go off of it and consequently go off the deep end. You could be passing by one of these people on the street, sitting next to them on the bus or working across from one - and you'd never know it.

I fully support gun control in the context of a waiting period before purchasing a weapon, passing a background check, having mandatory gun safely courses before receiving a gun license, and being responsible for securing your weapons. What we can't control is the black market - criminals will always be able to get guns. And someone who wants one will generally be able to find it - whether he takes it from his family or finds one at a friend's house.

Anyway, I will get off the soapbox - I realize this is a sensitive issue. I don't particularly like guns myself but I have come to realize there are legitimate reasons to have one and know how to use it.

Got home from work yesterday and DH said he was about to go to the hospital as he was having palpitations. We went to the emergency room and as soon as we got in the parking lot, of course they stopped. Spent 3 hours there and everything was normal. The E/R doctor was very nice - DH expressed his frustration that something is wrong but can't ever get anyone to believe it. The doctor suggested something called an event monitor which you keep with you and engage when the palpitations start. So at least we left with a sense that there's something he can do. That evening he was in the basement watching TV and I was talking to Mom on the phone. He came upstairs, put my hand to his chest and I could not believe how strong his heart was beating. I put my ear to his chest and it was like bongo drums going on in there. Definitely NOT normal. No wonder the poor guy is worked up. And he was just sitting on the couch watching TV, drinking a non caffinated soft drink and being calm. He did have a bit of a start as I pulled my head from his chest and my glasses grabbed a few of his chest hairs and ripped them out but his heart was already beating wildly before that. I did feel badly for him. The doctor reassured him that while this is bothersome, all his vitals and his medical history (which they had access to at the hospital) was good so the likelihood of a stroke or heart attack was very minute. He will call the office on Monday and hopefully get this monitor quickly.

I'm glad we didn't get the ice storm they were predicting. It's raining now which is going to change to snow by the time I go to work - doing the late shift today I am glad she got some people to help at the store so I can reduce my hours - particularly Christmas week which will be a zoo as people will be coming in at the last possible moment to get the freshest stuff - geez people once you open the bag it will be gone in 2 days so it won't have a chance to even get stale. People don't understand - air is the problem as it is with most things. Our stuff is in sealed bags and as long as you don't leave it out in an open bowl for days on end, it will stay fresh. I've even eaten stuff we tossed past it's expiration date and it didn't taste stale.

Ceejay - naps will definitely make sleeping at night more tricky. Hard because you get tired during the day. It's an ugly cycle to break out of. I'm glad you found some Christmas spirit again, maybe Mom is smiling down on you and would appreciate your tree also Ugh on the 12 hour work days - don't know how you handle those.

Mel - sorry Ritchie has to work but as they say at the store, at least it's a few more dollars in the pocket at this time. Christmas dinner sounds yummy - all those carbs will make for a nice after dinner nap

Annie - do Sassy and Lil Man have matching red Santa hats? Glad your heart is so full of love now - you deserve happy times

Shad - glad your contract got extended - make the most of it, ignore the idiots but I'm sure you are magical at just plowing through what you need to get done. Your point is well taken about looking at Sofia and trying to protect her from the crazies of the world. I would be sooooo scared if I was a parent trying to raise a kid in this world today. Seems so much more hazardous than when we were young.

And I totally agree with you ladies about what a mess society is in - don't know how to turn it around so I took the coward's way out and went to a small quiet place where I could escape from it The birds, deer, bunnies and turkeys are no where near the hassle that people are.

Hi Laura and Ellen

I need to get something in my tummy before I head off to work. Have a good weekend chicks.

Last edited by happy2bme : 12-15-2012 at 11:48 AM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.