3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

It's a Worldy Chicks Winter Wonderland

Old 12-12-2012, 12:07 AM   #91

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

oh poop on the password. Think it was a7b4c by memory. Case sensitive as well

I'll check it tonight

Last edited by Shad : 12-12-2012 at 12:07 AM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:37 AM   #92

a7b4c1 Sorry forgot the 1 at the end. Put it down to stress.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:34 AM   #93
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

GOOD MORNING CHICKS.

I THOUGHT I'D POST A PIC JUST FOR SHAD. SHE'S GETTING A SUNBURN FOR CHRISTMAS!!!

I WOKE LATE AND I SEE THE ALARM MEN'S TRUCKS OUTSIDE ALREADY.
NOT SURE WHO THEY THINK IS AWAKE IN THIS BUILDING.
BUT THERE IS NO WAY THEY CAN GET AN EARLY START.
THERE'S ONLY ABOUT A DOZEN OF US UP....IF THAT!!

I'LL READ & POST LATER WHEN THEY'VE GONE.
NEED TO GET DRESSED AND EAT.
HAVE A SUPER DAY!
Old 12-12-2012, 08:55 AM   #94
Happy September

THE MAINT MAN CALLED ME TO TALK TO THE ALARM MAN I LIKE.
HE CANNOT BEGIN UNTIL 9AM SO THEY LEFT FOR BREAKFAST.

THOUGHT I'D BETTER POST NOW CAUSE THE DAY IS ALREADY A MESS.
SOUNDS LIKE SOME PEOPLE TOOK OFF TODAY.
GUESS I'LL FIND OUT LATER.
HAPPY WEDNESDAY/THURSDAY!!

LAURA....I AM STILL LAUGHING AT THE TWISTED QUILT.
IT WAS EVEN FUNNIER WHEN I GOT OUT MY CHRISTMAS QUILT AND WAS DECORATING MY BEDROOM
I LOVE LOOKING AT DECORATIONS.
YOUR TRIP SOUNDED WONDERFUL.
GLAD YOU'RE TAKING CARE OF YOUR FEET.
NO PAIN FOR CHRISTMAS!!!
I REMEMBER WHEN I WAS A TEEN, BLACK SNEAKERS BECAME THE "IN THING". LOL
THEY WOULD LOOK GREAT WITH THE DRESS SLACKS.
PS: sending you a good thought for the evaluation.
god i hated stuff like that and feel your pain.
good luck and think positive!!!

ANNIE....WE COULD PULL JEN TOGETHER!!
I HAD A LAUGH ABOUT IF BABY BOY HAS KIDDIES AND YOUR PURCHASES NOW.
I MUST ADMIT THAT THE THOUGHT DID CROSS MY MIND TOO!! ROFLMAO
GLAD TO HEAR YOU ARE ALL DECORATED AND READY FOR SANTA'S ARRIVAL

CEEJAY....SORRY ABOUT THAT. WITH THE PICTURES
I WAS ANSWERING SHAD IN A POST INSTEAD OF AN E-MAIL.
I AM GETTING SENILE!!

SHAD....I DID HEAR ABOUT THE EARTHQUAKE THIS MORNING.
THEY SAID ON THE WEATHER CHANNEL THAT THEY WILL HAVE MORE NEWS LATER.
I CANNOT IMAGINE HOW SCARY THAT MUST HAVE BEEN.
JUST READING ABOUT IT GAVE ME THE SHIVERS.
AND THEN TO FIND A PART OF THE BUILDING ON YOUR BALCONY????
I WOULD HAVE FLED THE BUILDING SCREAMING LIKE CHICKEN LITTLE!!
WE'RE ALL SENDING YOU A BIG HUG STAY SAFE PLEASE.
JEN WENT WILD OVER THE PICS.
SHE IS MADLY IN LOVE WITH THE ANGEL OUTFIT AND DS1 HOLDING HER IN HIS HAND. WE SAT THERE FOREVER LOOKING AT THEM.
I HOPE YOU HEAR SOMETHING VERY SOON ABOUT THE RENEWAL.
WHAT A BUNCH OF SLACKERS THERE!!!!
Old 12-12-2012, 09:28 AM   #95
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

OMGoodness SHADDIE...what adorable pictures...I especially love the one with the flappers headband on. That is too cute. Sophia has such beautiful blue eyes. Lil man and Sophia will make a great couple. I heard about the earthquake on the tube. I always worry about you when things like that happen down there. Especially when part of the building is not where it is supposed to be. YIKES.

MELLIE....wow, you are having alarm men for breakfast. You lucky devil....oh, they went to breakfast and will return by 9...darn! How many took the day off and left you alone...put a closed sign on the door and go back to your den!

LAURA...I doubly hate self-evaluations. It doesn't matter what you put on there, bosses always dispute your answers. At least in my experience. I always rate myself high, that way if they bring it down they will wonder if they go too low. Ah, two can play this game. lol

CEEG...how's your work week going? Blah, getting back into the groove even if just after the weekend is a horrible task for me. hugs.

Last night was dinner, cleaning kitchen, then wrapping a couple of more gifts. Watched my show "Hart of Dixie" and went to bed. Sassy is at sissy's house today enjoying lil man. He was awake this morning when I dropped Sass off, so I played with him for a few minutes, therefore was about 15 mins late to work. Oh well, who the H cares around here anyway.

That is about it for me...everyone have a great day/night.

Loves and hugs.

Lap RNY 2/12/07- weightloss: 163 lbs; 306 SW; 143 CW
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:22 PM   #96
Do something hard today

S/C/G: Macys Balloon/Chubbette/OK

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

Sorry I haven't posted. I have wound up going into work on my supposedly "off" days. We have so many big orders, I don't know when or how we will get them done in time. Today I am truly off but I have some shopping to get done and a million other things to do. I am also trying to find something small my Mom can give as gifts to people but nothing I suggest is pleasing her or her budget which is probably why my sister gave up offering. I feel frazzled. And the worst is yet to come - starting tomorrow and for the next 2 weeks until Christmas it's going to be like taking a deep dip down a very high roller coaster. So forgive me if I don't have much time to post here.

Shad - I am truly sorry that things are so crummy right now in your surroundings. How scary with the earthquake - glad you were not rocked too badly and nothing that fell off belonged to you. Sophia is gorgeous. What incredible blue eyes - she is such a cutie, thanks for sharing the pictures. I agree she and Lil Man will be quite the hot couple. The way things are going around you, best not eat the seafood - oops, probably too late on that one, am I? I'm sure they will make the stupidist (?) decision they can on the project going forward.

Annie - what a GREAT wagon that is. Blows away the Radio Flyer and probably is built to take a pounding too. I'm sure he'll love it. Hope it's got a long enough handle so grandma won't get a backache pulling him along. I saw the little trikes (bikes) with a push handle in the back too for starter bikes for toddlers - thought that was a good idea too. I know what you mean about the comparision of baby gifts. One of my nieces watches with a hawkeye at Christmas to make sure her kids get the same amount and value of gifts as the other niece's kids - those two have an intense dislike of one another. It's both funny and pathethically sad and makes me not want to spend Christmas with them. Glad you got your house all decorated - they made a new device that cleans the floors by itself - you just attach a swiffer pad. I'm sure that would scare the bejezzus out of Sassy tho. Those things only work on all tile or all wood floors tho.

Laura - good luck on the self evaluation. I hated that we'd work so long on them, and the boss would either nit pick and tweak them down (to drop the raise percent) or would sing our praises and tell us how wonderful we were and oh by the way, no raises this year because there was only enough money for manager parties and bonuses. Such a worthless waste of time. Glad you found a pair of sneakers that are comfortable for the exercise - sometimes it's hard to get ones that fit well. I was telling DH how they redesigned Randhurst and we both commented on how things have really changed up there in the last 10 years - just like downtown. I don't think we'd recognize it any more. My coworker came in yesterday with a sweatshirt that said Palatine. Six degrees of separation lives on You never mentioned if you liked the Twisted Quilt's food They featured them on Undercover Boss - made me laugh that the CEO's wife was wearing a Christian Cross on her neck, talked about how their girls had "class" all while she was demonstrating new push up bras that would make the server's boobs pop out even more than before

Mel - remember the famous flashing blue light they used to have at Kmart stores where they'd move it around the store to highlight unadvertised -ie. Kmart Blue Light Specials? I think we need to mount one on your chair since you seem to have to race around and take care of everyone's crisises. outta my way How cool that you were in art school. Know you 10 years and still finding out things about you

Ceejay - I want you to know that ever since you said we should keep the snow up here it's been snowing for 4 days straight! A very fine, light snow which does make it seem quite festive. I'll keep it over your strong storms though.

Michelle - heads down - get your work done and before you know it you'll be whisking off to California for a much needed vacation.

Hellos to Patty, Ellen and Java

I need to get dressed. We have bird food to pick up because my birdies have told all their friends about us and we have an entire village in the pine trees - they clear out a 2 foot tall feeder in about 3 or 4 days. We've also had alot of deer at night eating corn. A couple of beautiful bucks too. They are sooo skittish - in order to look at them I have to go in the pitch dark laundry room and move the curtain really slow to look out the door. No sign of the bear or the raccoons. I did see a bunny scamper across the driveway last night. It was 1 degree outside when I went to bed. The snow was sparkling like it does when it's really cold. It got down to 22 percent humidity in the house which is REALLY dry. Now DH is getting shocked with static just like me. Anyway I need to get to Walmart to pick up some Christmas cards - thought I bought some earlier but they might be where ever I hid our winter caps and gloves and scarfs Have a good one ladies. I have a brutal 3 days straight of work ahead of me starting tomorrow. Might not have the strength to crawl up the stairs to the computer afterwards so my posting might be minimal until Sunday.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:58 PM   #97

Morning all.

Shad - Sophia is just adorable. Those big blue eyes! Thanks for the link so we could see them (they photos & the eyes, lol). Sorry work is being so stressful at the moment.

Mel - Sorry the day has started out as a mess. Hope it gets cleaned up as it goes! Thanks for your thoughts re the evaluation. Part 1, submitting my self-eval today. Next anxiety will occur when it's time to discuss it with the boss. Bleh.

Annie - Awww, nice you took time out to play with the li'l guy this morning. I'm sure you've given an extra 15 minutes of work already or will do so in the near future.

Happy - Bet you never thought you'd be putting in the hours you are with this part time job! Sorry you don't have the perfect gift recommendations to help your mother - it's hard enough coming up with our own, isn't it?? We didn't eat at the Twisted Quilt, we ate at Houlihan's. Just "okay". They have this lengthy wine list (surprise!), but no descriptions, yet the staff can't answer questions about their offerings. Lame. But what did I expect? My burger was alright though. Well, re learning new things about our fellow Worldlies, we might just have to have a weekly or monthly question in which we all report something about ourselves that has not been previously disclosed - trivial or otherwise. Or just some other "getting to know you" type questions. I bet all your wildlife looks even better in the snow - more tranquil because snow seems to muffle the sounds. Hang in there for the next 3 days of work!!

Hellos to the rest of the Worldlies. Miss you all!
===
Last night I made pizza dough. I used an old hand-me-down food processor and quickly learned it could not handle the heavy dough. Out came the Kitchenaid with the dough hook. I'll reserve that old food processor for making the pizza sauce since the recipe uses it - why not? We have a newer/better blender/processor, but the processor doesn't have a large enough capacity for larger quantities. We use it mostly for chopping onions, nuts, etc. Anyway, the dough sat in the fridge overnight and it rose a little bit. We'll see how it looks when it hits the 24-hour mark tonight. We'll probably make the pizza itself tomorrow night.

Thought I might walk to the Art Institute at lunchtime today, but I need to get that self-eval done and a bunch of other stuff too. This darn job gets in the way of my fun!

Nothing planned tonight, but I guess I should get to an exercise class. Feeling slothful, but I will try to remember to change into workout gear right when I get home.

Enough babbling, on with the day. Almost half over, hallelujah.

Last edited by Laura705 : 12-12-2012 at 02:03 PM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:01 PM   #98
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

HAPPY...sending you energy and the force of Kahn to get you through the next 3 bear of work days. I bought cards the other day and just sent to my family and Cs fam then a couple of others...all 18 cards sent. Have to make it back to the store to get another box. Haven't even started on my friends. Blah. Still need to get Dad's PJs. So far the couple of places I have looked do not carry "his" kind. Old long sleeve flannel two piece with a pocket on the shirt so he can stuff junk in it as he travels throughout the house. haha. Probably a good thing not seeing the bear. Maybe he is picking on someone else. My kids never have bickered over who got the most stuff or money spent on them, it is mainly my mom worry gene working overtime. Then again, I don't want to even entertain the thought of that one starting. Sending you fluffly cushionie foot pad thoughts!!

C is putting his house on the market. Probably won't lose his butt on it, however will maybe break even. We just do not want to mess with the upkeep or renters. PIAs. Not enough time in the day to do the things we want to do in the first place.

Better post and get back at. Later ladies.

Lap RNY 2/12/07- weightloss: 163 lbs; 306 SW; 143 CW
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:39 PM   #99
gettin' with the plan

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Shad
Your grand daughter is adorable and beautiful. I also heard about the earthquake. That had to be frightening.

Happy
Your work load is almost full time. Sorry about the snow. I'm sure that was just a coincidence.

Mel
I've not thought about decorations in my bedroom. I might try putting some in the office.

Laura
Ugh on the evaluations. We didn't get raises last year due to the financial state of the city. Not sure about this year. We usually have evaluations in December.

Patty and Ellen

------
Been looking on line about the possible 12-21-12 ending of the world. I don't believe that but curiosity got me to looking into some astrology. There is a new age coming about at that time. Remember the song Age of Aquarius. We will be entering that era on 12-21-12. Now I've been humming that song.

Last edited by ceejay52 : 12-12-2012 at 03:40 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:59 PM   #100

Having problems with the site today. Won't go to the next page. Let's see if we can force it with this.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:13 PM   #101

It did work, but now I am out of time. I'll try to get back later. Glad you enjoyed the pics and it seems that most of you agree with me as to the best of the pics. I also likes the Santa Hat. But the Hands was the one that got me most. I don't know if they are DS1's hands, they look too big to be M's . But I'm not sure if he was there for that shoot.

Anyway, I'll be back with other news later.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:36 AM   #102
Happy September

GOOD MORNING CHICKS.

YESTERDAY FLEW BY AND WE EVEN HAD A PARTY FOR OUR BOSS.
SOMEONE BROUGHT IN A CAKE AND WE CELEBRATED
IT WAS GOOD TO SEE THE LAST OF THE ALARM MAN TOO.

THERE IS ONLY ONE PROBLEM....I WENT TO BED WITH A TUMMY ACHE.
THEN WOKE UP 2 X's RUNNING FOR THE BATHROOM.
THEN AGAIN THIS MORNING.
PRAYING IT IS SOMETHING I ATE AND NOT A VIRUS.
SO I AM KEEPING TO MYSELF AND WATCHING TV TODAY.
NOT DOING ANYTHING!! AND THE SIGN IS ON THE DOOR ALREADY.
FEELS A LITTLE LIKE CLOSING THE BARN DOOR AFTER THE HORSE GOT OUT
IF I FEEL OK TOMORROW, JEN & I ARE GOING FOOD SHOPPING FOR THE CHRISTMAS DINNER ODDS & ENDS. NO PUN INTENDED

HOPE YOU GALS HAVE A GREAT DAY.

ANNIE....WISH I HAD THE ALARM MAN FOR BREAKFAST!
HE LOVES TO FLIRT AND LAUGHS AT EVERYTHING I SAY.
HE'S GOOD FUN. SASSY, LIL MAN AND SISSY....NICE MORNING!!

HAPPY....LET ME NOT MISLEAD YOU....
IN HIGH SCHOOL YEARS AGO YOU WERE ALLOWED TO MAJOR IN ART.
WHEN I GOT OUT OF SCHOOL MY FATHER WAS DYING OF CANCER.
I HAD TO GO STRAIGHT TO WORK AND ADD TO THE FAMILY FUNDS.
IT WAS A VERY DIFFERENT ERA STILL GOING ON IN MY HOUSE.
BUT THEN LOTS OF FAMILIES WERE DOING THE SAME...IT WAS 1965.
I HAD NO TIME TO BE A HIPPIE.....I WAS TOO FRASSING BUSY!!! ROFL
WE WILL MISS YOU BUT WORK & FAMILY COME FIRST.
THE DAYS ARE FLYING BY. ALREADY THE 13th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yes....i could use a flashing light to get people to move t.f. out of my way!!
;rofl: good idea!!!

LAURA...I AM SURE YOU WILL PASS WITH FLYING COLORS.
SENDING GOOD VIBES YOUR WAY.
HOMEMADE PIZZA??? YOU HAVE TO KNOW I AM DROOOLING
HOPE THE DOUGH TURNED OUT OK AND HAPPY EATING TONITE!!!

CEEJAY....NOW YOU HAVE ME CURIOUS TOO.
WE'LL ALL BE SINGING THE AGE OF AQUARIUS TODAY
MY DAUGHTER IS AN AQUARIAN....SHE'LL LOVE IT!!
PUT SOME DECORATIONS IN THE OFFICE....YOU'LL LOVE THE TOUCH!

SHAD....THAT HANDS PIC IS MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE.
SOPHIA HAS THE MOST AMAZING EYES. JEN AND I WERE TALKING ABOUT HER AGAIN LAST NIGHT.
HOPE HER LITTLE EARS WEREN'T RINGING!!
SORRY THE SITE IS GIVING YOU FITS.
ONCE AND AWHILE I CANT TURN THE PAGES HERE EITHER.
HOPE YOUR BED ISN'T "VIBRATING" ANYMORE.
WERE THERE AFTERSHOCKS?? & IS THIS PART OF THAT JAPANESE QUAKE/TSUNAMI?
I GOT CONFUSED WATCHING THE TV!!!
Old 12-13-2012, 10:38 AM   #103
Do something hard today

S/C/G: Macys Balloon/Chubbette/OK

Height: Fun Size

Morning chicks,

Quick check in for me. I've got a long stretch of of work the next 3 days I am not looking forward to.

Would appreciate some prayers for DH's health. He is having a time of the heart palpitations and his heart racing. It's very bothersome - I told him he needs to be more aggressive in getting this treated - get another doctor/opinion. I don't want him keeling over on me.

Shad - I think I like the hands picture too - she has the most perfect face.

Mel - hope the tummy ups subside and you are feeling better. Ginger tea. I love it and live on it. And I too put off college after high school - no money and I had to help in the support my Mom and little sister - when it came time to get married, my Mom asked if I could still send home room and board So I understand your situation. Wonder what could have been...

Laura - I could use a good pizza dough recipe *hint, hint* - my breadmaker will do one but good thinking on the mixer and dough hook instead. Last time we ate at Houlihan's we were disappointed.

Ceejay - would be good if the New Age ushered in a simpler time. We need to stop the ugly path mankind is on right now. Let the sunshine in...

Annie - thanks for the energy - I'll take all I can get. Good luck with C's house. Price it right and walk away. Real estate is a tough thing today.

Ok... off to the salt mine. Have a good one everybody.

Last edited by happy2bme : 12-13-2012 at 10:38 AM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:16 PM   #104

Morning all. Once again, I'm with Shad - it's my Friday!

Happy - I/m sorry your hubby is having the racing heart/palpitation problem. will certainly keep him in my prayers. I definitely agree that he needs to keep after his doctor or find another one to find a solution to this!! Re the pizza dough - I'm a fan of America's Test Kitchen (on PBS) and I'm using their recipe. You can see their current season's recipes and watch current season's shows on their site for free, but I believe you have to register there (of course). Here's the link for the pizza/dough: http://www.americastestkitchen.com/r...hp?docid=26804
I have to say DOH! (pun intended) I forgot about the breadmaker - yep, it has a dough setting, of course. So now I have two ways to get out of hand-kneading. Hope the workdays go quick and easy for you with a minimum of foot/back pain.

Mel - Loving the holiday graphics you are treating us to each day! I hope you're feeling better after a day of quiet and TV (i.e., Hallmark channel) and are able to do your Christmas dinner shopping. What's gonna be for dinner - I need ideas for ours! I do like the idea of your flashing light (and siren/beeper) to get people out of the way. It seems I'm always walking behind someone diddling with their smart phone and they have of course slowed down to a snail's pace and are veering off at an angle just at the same time that I've tried to get around them at that same angle!

Ceejay - This morning I just started reading an article in the Sunday paper (still working on it) on doomsday - interesting. I also have that song in my head now, lol.

Annie - The peace of mind you and C will get with not having that property to worry about is probably worth more than making a profit on the house. Just hope C can break even after the commission and other expenses.
===
Went to the 4G exercise class last night. It was mostly upper body work last night, so I won't add the 5th G to it (gams) this time. Quite a workout, so I'm sure to get sore very soon.

My pizza dough didn't seem to rise much more than when I'd checked it yesterday morning, so I got paranoid and played the ATK episode on the computer to see how much their dough rose - not very much - and so I felt better. And for some reason I thought I needed to put the dough in a giant bowl, so that made the dough look tiny, haha. Tonight we'll make the sauce, shape the pizza crust, top it off & bake it up. Hope it turns out tasty!

Back to the grind. Everyone have a great day!

Last edited by Laura705 : 12-13-2012 at 12:21 PM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:24 PM   #105
gettin' with the plan

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Every one have a good day. I have two days off and then I'm working Saturday and Sunday then my regular three days. I'm cleaning house today and tomorrow but there's not that much to do, mainly pick up. I do want to plan food for the next five days so I will not be stopping for fast food.

Mel
Feel better soon. If the neighbors start to bother me I'm putting up a sign on the door.

Happy
I agree that DH should seek a second opinion. Try not to over load yourself while working this week. I should have added that the new age is supposed to be peaceful. Not sure about that though.

Annie, Laura, Ellen and Patty

-----
Woke up with a sinus headache this morning. UGH,
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.