3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   It's a Worldy Chicks Winter Wonderland (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/270840-its-worldy-chicks-winter-wonderland.html)

annie175 12-10-2012 09:14 AM

Ellen...google the grapefruit diet...you are supposed to have bacon at breakfast also.

happy2bme 12-10-2012 09:36 AM

Good morning all,

Will try this again.

Annie I had to laugh that you finally figured out what the "egg light" means :rofl: even funnier was that you thought we were talking in a secret code :lol: I think Mel started it actually **pokes Mel** Sounds like you were busy Lizzie over the weekend. How did the fish come out? That's my favorite way to cook it. Good eatin' at Annie's place. I just have to ask - was your $97 wagon all plastic? Just don't make those sturdy red flyers any more - held kids, dogs, a load of groceries (from when we walked down the road to the store) or anything else you could stuff in them. Did you get all of the corporate suits out of the office so you can go back to just doing excessive amounts of work??

Just a comment about grapefruit - that and pomegranate interfer with several medications so if you are taking stuff - make sure that's not conflicting.

Michelle - holy geez 1 - seems like all you ever do is work on your day job 187 hours a week :dizzy: holy geez 2 - sure is a heckofalotta work getting divorced - must be a government thing with so much paperwork :dizzy::dizzy: good thing you have a vacation to look forward to.

Ellen - congrats on the weight loss!

Mel - you could've given me the wreath - I would have loved the smell and I think that's far enough away from you where it would have not bothered you any more. :lol: Yes, we will be careful around the turkeys - not that they'd ever let us get in touching distance. Big suckers too. They are about 2/3 of my height and they have some mean looking feet - probably not as dangerous as Shad's 'roos but I do respect gas, electricity and wild animals :yikes: :rofl: So what is this little tidbit you drop about fashion drawings??? Please do tell more - inquiring minds want to know.

Laura - too funny on the reposts of messages. Did you want us to get the point ;) :lol: Glad you had a good time. Are you taking any time off at Christmas?

Shad - back at work again. Before I met you I had never heard of the word savory. It was either sweet or salty. Now I understand savory and use it often in the popcorn shop as we have both sweet flavors (which I'm not that fond of except for an occasional nibble of the kettle corn drizzled with white and dark chocolate) and the savory stuff which I find much more tempting. When I tell folks that the savory is better - I'm not sure they understand either :dizzy::?: Hope the next few weeks are not so crazy for you and you can accomplish something worthwhile.

Next 2 and a half weeks are going to be crazy busy for me at work. I am NOT looking forward to it. My foot is sore - I lean against the counter at work and lift one foot in the air like a flamingo. I just hope it doesn't get too much more inflamed. We got about 6 inches of snow altogether. It's really pretty. Looking out the window I see the pine trees all covered. Looks like someone dabbed globs of Liquid Paper all over them - or white sugar frosting. It's pretty and now DH is about to go out and plow and I need to hop in the shower. Have a good Monday chicks.

Laura705 12-10-2012 11:40 AM

Morning ladies.

Happy - Nice you made your place all festive. I'm going to do some decorating today. Yes, taking SIX vacation days this month - have to use my vacay days, can't carry many over. Take care of that foot today at work! And stay warm - 14 degrees!!! :yikes: The snow sounds pretty though. :) I say I'm a traditionalist with my popcorn - good old fashioned popcorn popped in oil with butter, but I also like the cheddar popcorn, and I also like the Chicago mix - caramelcorn & cheddar together. I have a sneaky feeling if I tried other savory flavors I'd enjoy them. As for the sweet flavors...chocolate makes just about everything better, so I wouldn't turn up my nose to some popcorn drizzled with it. :D

Michelle - Sorry you've had to work non-stop lately - I can't wait for you to go on your vacation and get some rest time with family and friends. :) Good medicine for you! I guess til then you just have to keep your head down and get the job done, and make sure you're keeping yourself healthy. Is there going to be a break in all the hours you're putting in or is this going on indefiintely?? At least the divorce stuff is progressing and will presumably be done sometime in the near future.

Ellen - Congrats on the weight loss! See you around soon. :)

Annie - You sound like you kept busy this weekend. A wagon is a great gift for the li'l guy - it will surely get a lot of use! Wow, good thing for the insurance on the ring! Don't like grapefruit - too bitter for me. I remember when I was little I'd watch my brother prepare a half-grapegruit for himself, spooning oodles of sugar on top of it!

Mel - Glad you have the wreath out of the apartment, hope that helped the sinuses. We had rain/drizzle all day yesterday, bleh. But it'll be good for all the landscaping. Our area is breaking a record for longest consecutive time without snow - 281 days if it doesn't snow today. And if it doesn't snow by 12/16, I think we'll tie a record for latest first snowfall, set in 1965.
---

Can't recall if I recapped my day off on Friday or not, and I don't recall what I did that day. Hmmm. Lazed around in the AM, then off to the laundromat to do a load of small rugs. While they were in the washer, I ran over to Hobby Lobby to buy a replacement cord for a pendant I have. Back to the laundromat, then off to the resale shop. Bought a scarf, a fleece hood type thingie, a pickle ornament for the bf (I know there's some sort of story with that, but I haven't read the insert in the package it's in, I just know bf loves pickles so this is just a fun stocking stuffer for him). What else? Oh, a tiny little christmas tree to sit on the mantle - gosh, what else? I'll remember later. Rest of the day was a dog walk and a late lunch/early dinner.

Fri. night was book/movie night - we watched Delores Claiborne. Good movie, I knew Kathy Bates would be good. Jennifer Jason Leigh played her daughter in the movie, and I didn't care for her character at first, but she grew on me by the end. After that we ended up watching some youtube videos for a bit - seems our hostess's hubby is into that and has many favorites saved. So it was a late night even though I thought it wouldn't be. I passed a totally lit up house on the way home that I have to drive by again because it was so great.

Saturday I went to the circuit class & changed into my new shoes in the locker room to test them out. I didn't think of the shoes at all while working out, so they must be comfortable! I still want to give them the treadmill test - maybe today?? Also cleaned up the 3-season room w/ bf, and returned the neighbor puppy twice - our neighbor also retrieved him one additional time on his own. He must like our yard, lol. So cute!! Coal likes him too. Dog walk, and then I packed up and caught the train out to my friend D's place.

D and her sis and another friend & I went out to eat and then to a bar - Ellen, it was Tilted Kilt, the one in Elgin - you said you went to one of thos once, right?? I also call it Twisted Quilt because I have trouble getting the name right, haha. Anyway, we watched most of the first set of an 80's band. they were pretty good, but none of us were up for a late night, so we left around 11:30. Why my post from there got posted three times, I have no idea, lol.

Slept over by D's, then we chatted in the AM and went out for lunch before I caught my train home later in the afternoon. Bf picked me up from the train and since he didn't gallantly offer to walk the dog, I got dressed in more appropriate clothes for a dog walk in the drizzily, chilly ick that was Sunday.

Today is another vacay day. Was supposed to go to the museum today, but no. Not to be. Instead I will do some decorating, visit the library, and maybe shopping - I have gifts that need to be shipped, for Pete's sake, so procrastination is not possible!! Maybe an exercise class or the gym treadmill tonight.

Okay, better get up and at it. We all know vacation days go by at least twice as fast as work days, LOL. :yes:

ceejay52 12-10-2012 07:11 PM

Ellen
Congrats on the 4 pounds lost. We've missed you.

Michelle
At least the ex dh is being agreeable these days. Will he keep Santa while you go to CA? Hope the dr can get the dosage right for the diabetes. Will stress have any effect on that? Just curious.

Laura
6 vacation day's left to use. Sounds like you had a fun but busy week end.

Happy
I wondered about the amount of snow. Take care of the foot. Do you have any day's off due to the snow.

Annie
You are another busy beaver.

-------
I'm going to give up. The phone rings every time I step away from it. Not sure if I can post from home as my internet was off last night. Probably due to the strong storms. I have been busy most of the day trying to catch up on paper work.

MELODY525 12-11-2012 07:46 AM

http://media-cache-ec5.pinterest.com...4wAvOMLM_b.jpg

MORNING CHICKLETTES.
IT JUST STOPPED RAINING AGAIN.
I HOPE WE GET TO SEE SOME CLOUDLESS SKY FOR A CHANGE.
THE FOG HAS BEEN UNREAL. NEVER SAW SO MUCH & SO OFTEN.
I WAS GOING TO GO TO THE SUPERMARKET BUT NOT FEELING UP TO IT.
I WAS JUST GOING TO BRTOWSE. DIDN'T REALLY NEED ANYTHING.
I AM READY FOR THE ALARM TESTERS TOMORROW.
HOPE THEY INSTALL NEW BATTERIES WHILE THEY ARE HERE.
NOTHING MUCH IS NEW. JUST CLEANING AND LOUNGING IN BETWEEN.
HAVE A GREAT DAY:encore:

ANNIE....I LOVES ME SOME GOOD SHOPPING TIME!!!
NICE BUY ON JAKE'S WAGON.
ANY TIME YOU NEED SOMEONE TO HELP YOU SPEND MONEY, I'M YOUR GAL!
I HAD FORGOTTEN ABOUT THE GRAPEFRUIT AGAIN. THANKS.

HAPPY....I REMEMBER THE OLD RED RADIO FLYERS.
THEY WEIGHED A TON AND LASTED FOREVER!! GREAT TIRES TOO!
GOOD REMINDER ABOUT GRAPEFRUIT & MEDS!!
I HAD ONE THIS PAST JANUARY THAT YOU COULDN'T HAVE ANY!!!
WHEN I WAS IN SCHOOL I WAS AN ART MAJOR.
I HAD TOYED WITH THE IDEA OF FASHION DESIGNING.
BUT I HAD MORE DRAWING TALENT THAN ACTUAL DESIGN TALENT.
LATER AS THE DAYS WENT ON, I FOUND IT WAS ALL A FLASH IN A PAN.
LIKE THAT PAINTER GUY ON PBS USED TO SAY...I HAD A LOT OF "HAPPY ACCIDENTS". ROFLMAO
YES...YOU ARE FAR ENOUGH AWAY TO SEND THE WREATH TO:rofl: :rofl:

LAURA... I THINK WE MUST BE HAVING SOME KIND OF RECORD FOR RAIN THIS YEAR.
AND WE HAD SO LITTLE SNOW LAST YEAR EXCEPT FOR THE BLIZZARD THINGY.
WE HAVE A PICKLE FOR THE TREE TOO.
SOMEONE GAVE ME THE ORNAMENT WITHOUT THE STORY.
IT'S WILL BE A CUTE SURPRISE WHEN YOU READ IT. I FOUND IT ONLINE. :hohoho:
WHEN YOU CALL THE TILTED KILT THE TWISTED QUILT...JUST HOW MANY DRINKS HAVE YOU HAD???? :xcheer:
Ohhhhhh.....VACAY DAYS. I GET IT NOW.
I'M JUST A LITTLE SLOW THIS WEEK. LOL

CEEJAY....SORRY TO HEAR THE DAY WAS FILLED WITH PHONES RINGING.
GUESS A LOT OF PEOPLE GOT HIT WITH THOSE BIG STORMS.
SOUNDS LIKE IT WAS A VERY BUSY DAY FOR YOU.
HOPE TODAY IS A BETTER ONE:hug:

ELLEN...HOPE YOUR MORNINGS GET MORE ORGANIZED. GOOD LUCK. PS: I USED THE GRAPEFRUIT TOO.

MICHELLE....GOOD LUCK WITH THE WEBSITE LAUNCH AND SORRY TO HEAR THE SUGAR IS NOT COMING DOWN AS EXPECTED. .

MELODY525 12-11-2012 07:50 AM

SHAD.....I JUST OPENED THE MAIL AND FOUND THE PICS.
OMG!!! THEY ARE SO ADORABLE. WISH I COULD DRAG THEM HERE.
LOVED THE ONE WHERE DAD IS HOLDING HER.
SOPHIA HAS REALLY GROWN. :bb:
PRINTED THE SHEET OUT SO JEN COULD SEE. :hug:
OOPS.........nevermind...the page comes out blank!! that company is too shrewd for me!! roflmao

annie175 12-11-2012 08:01 AM

The wagon...it is all plastic...but durable...can be used to haul up to 300 lbs of yard stuff..dirt etc. The sides come off as does the umbrella. It also has built in cup holders in the bottom of the wagon. Too cool!http://bbb6.richfx.com.edgesuite.net...69551P_600.jpg

MELODY525 12-11-2012 08:07 AM

I NEED ONE OF THESE FOR GROCERY SHOPPING!!!
OMG!! I LOVE THIS!!!
I COULD PRETEND I WAS A TRACTOR TRAILER! ROFLMAO
VERY CUTE ANNIE. HE'S GONNA LOVE IT.
I COULD EVEN TOW JEN AROUND:rofl: :rofl:

Laura705 12-11-2012 01:42 PM

Hello all. Back to work today. At least it's a short week for me. :)

Mel - Hope you get some sun today. :sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny: Probably good you didn't go browsing - I always think that leads to a purchase of some sort even if not planned, unless it's window shopping and the store it closed!!! ;):D Re the bar name - I always forget the name, so I start to say "Twisted" instead of "tilted", dunno how I get quilt for the 2nd word. No drinks needed - just a weird tongue twisty thing for my brain. Though I did have a glass of red wine with dinner and one beer at the bar that night... Hope the alarm guy replaces the batteries so the alarms stop going off!!! PS - I can just see you pulling that wagon along behind your chair, with Jen as the passenger. :yes:

Annie - Love that wagon. I love the old-fashioned red ones, but they never had cup holders and an umbrella! Cool!

Ceejay - I hope the phone has stopped ringing by now. Don't they know you have real work to do??:?:

Hellos to the rest of the Worldlies. Hope your week is going well! :)
---
Yesterday I did accomplish some gift shopping, yay. One thing ended up being purchased online, so I expect that to arrive soon, and hopefully by the end of the week I can have the wrapping & packing done & ready for the post office.

I took a few things down from the attic and did a teeny-tiny bit of decorating.

Bf and I were at the mall near the house last night to view their holiday light show - we weren't sure what to expect, but it was like a film that was cleverly projected on the side of a hotel building that's right off the center court of our newly created "lifestyle center". (They dismantled the old "indoor" mall a couple years ago and built a bunch of strips of stores and "streets" that weave through them and I think they now call the new "mall" Randhurst Village.) Anyway, the windows of the hotel were incorporated into this little film and it was very cute. All of 5 minutes in length, but nice. We were also there to buy bf's new sneakers, and on the way there we also drove by the nicely lighted/decorated house I'd seen last Friday.

After we returned home, bf and I went to the gym. I wore my new sneakers on the treadmill, did a mile walk, and then got on a elliptical for another mile, or 1.0 of whatever they measure as distance on that machine. Also did a little bit of ab work. Next test for my new sneakers is to make sure my orthotics fit inside them!! I've been very lucky I haven't had any foot pain from the plantar fasciatis for a couple years now, and I want to keep it that way! Even though the shoes are comfortable enough without the orthotics, I don't want to press my luck.

I'm pretty certain I'm keeping these shoes, but I'm being cautious before I order a second pair. If they're comfy enough, I would order a pair in black for my work commute. I'm not into black sneakers at all, but they'd look better than white ones with my dress slacks. I only have one pair of shoes that I like to wear to work in the colder weather - my old sneakers have too much mesh in them and my feet get cold.

Not going to the movie tonight. Not really interested in the ones selected.

Signing off before another interruptions. TTFN!

annie175 12-11-2012 03:29 PM

Hidee Hoooo all ya'll....

The wagon is real cute. The Radio FLyer wagons were way too expensive in what I wanted to pay for a wagon. I have to be careful cause if/when my son starts having kids, I am sure to be reminded of my purchases for lil man. haha.

Sis and lil man came up for lunch. We went to Don Pablo's Mexican. I had the skinny mama enchiladas that were pretty good. Had about 5 chips too many with salsa. Dang it.

I got my Christmas decor up last night and nearly all the purchased gifts wrapped. The house looks very festive. I still need to mop my kitchen floor, just finding things I like doing better than mopping lately. Haha, I have until Christmas eve to mop, but really need to do it now and then again before CE. Slacker.

HAPPY...I have been doing the grapefruit diet. It does interfere with one of my meds for anti-anxiety..Buspar...so I have stopped taking it to see how I do without it. Continuing the juice regimen, however. I just feel like a bloated cow. Moooooooo. Hope your feet are holding up over all this working throught he holidays. Run out and dip them in the snow...at least maybe they would get numb. haha

MELLIE...I would love to pull you aroung the mall a bit in the wagon. You and Jen....Face it, I have been gawked at and laughed at before, nothing new. I once rode and Target basket cart clear through their parking lot into the Applebee's parking lot to have dinner.

LAURA....cannot believe you have all that energy to do all that exercising in the evening. You deserve the second pair of tennis shoes. There are several very nicely decorated houses in our neighborhood, most of them are young couples with kiddos. I do not decorate the outside anymore since the kids are grown.

Hello to all the worldlies.

Loves and hugs.

ceejay52 12-11-2012 03:42 PM

Laura
I agree with Annie. You deserve a second pair of shoes. Good going with all the exercise.

Annie
The wagon is adorable. I've put up a few decorations. I wanted to hang garland that has lights built in but the place where I wanted to hang them made the sensor of the ADT alarm go off. oo[s.

Need to go back to see what Shad and Mel are up too.

ceejay52 12-11-2012 03:47 PM

Mel and Shad.
I went back to look for the pictures of Sophia but I could not find any.

Shad 12-11-2012 03:55 PM

Feeling somewhat brain dead this morning. Don't know what is causing this but could it please go away before I do something drastic on the roads or on the project.

There was an earthquake here in the early hours of yesterday. Quite a long rolling one too. It woke me up with the movement and I heard some building creaking and shrieking and something fell as they do during an earthquake. No serious damage though. I did find a piece of extruded aluminium on my balcony in the daylight- looked like it belonged to the window frame somewhere but didn't seem to fit too well on any of mine. Duly reported this to the management. It was gone by afternoon so I guess they found a home for it somewhere. However, wherever it went I don't think it was ever screwed or nailed into place since none of the holes looked scratched, dented or bent. Just makes you wonder how safe some places actually are.

Apart from this, I don't have much to report. I'm off out to dinner tonight. Being taken to a seafood place somewhere on the Waterfront. Where else would you put a seafood place?

Still no word on whether or not they will renew. Talk about slack. If they don't renew at least two of the contractors up for renewal, they will never get the rest of this project off the ground. I'm not talking about me here. I am dispensable, some of the others are not at least for this project.

I 'm sorry, no personals this morning. I'll try for a better frame of mind tomorrow or even later today. I'm over this.

Shad 12-11-2012 04:00 PM

Here's a link to the photoshoot site. And no you can't download them. They want money for them
http://itsybitsy.smugmug.com/Proofs/...0360&k=gj3RMsp
Hope that works.

Laura705 12-11-2012 04:49 PM

Shad - First an earthquake, and then a crummy work day. I'm glad there was no serious damage from the quake! Still, sort of concerning when parts of the building fall off...Sounds like the contract renewal is on par with the way the rest of this project has been handled. Guess it's going to be a last minute thing. Need a password to get into your photos...

Annie - Yum, Mexican food. I could eat it several times per week! Smart of you to be cognizant that you will have to match the gifting when more grandkiddies come along. :D On the other hand, I suppose the same thing might happen with grandparenting as happens when the new parent stuff wears off. By the time the last kid arrives (I was the 4th and last), there were few photos...

Ceejay - Too bad the garland caused a problem with the alarm. I put up a few bright red bows outside yesterday, but otherwise the rest of our outdoor holiday decorations are not up yet. It will be warming up later this week, so hopefully it will happen soon.
==

Yes, I do deserve another pair of sneakers, but I just want to make sure they're right for me first. Otherwise it'll be a waste of money!!

Well, my mood took a nosedive this afternoon when I started working on my performance evaluation (self-assessment). I hate doing this! I think I will be dinged as far as the software project goes, but I'm darn sure I'm not gonna ding myself on it. Let the boss do it, and maybe I'll try to talk my way out of it. Anyway, this is due tomorrow, so at least I didn't give myself too much time to agonize over it.

Cheers!
:cheers: