Old 12-08-2012, 09:01 AM   #61  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

See Mel's wreath today? That's a perfect example of an ink drawing which has been colorized using water color pencils. You can tell by the subtle shading and tones. Boy this typing issue with the ads is a pain in the patootie.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:33 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Afternoon

this week has flown by. Today is my last day of vacation. I do not want to go back to work but I must to pay the bills.

Mel
You and Happy keep the snow up that way please. I don't want any. It's 66 degree's today. A bit on the foggy side this morning. I know about the weather with the aches and pains. This is when my lower back bothers me. I've taken the Mobic so it should relieve it soon. And by the way, my exercise dvd came in the mail today.

Happy
Did you have to work today? How's your back and foot?

--
Not much going on here. I go back to work tomorrow. Sigh. I have a few more things to do towards decorating.

Last edited by ceejay52; 12-08-2012 at 02:34 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:11 PM   #63  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Well one has to hope that today will be better than yesterday.
Got home on Friday night to find that the gate won't open, so much to the amusement of my cabbie, I had to hoist my bags and me over the fence. Got into the house and the air con won't work and its like 100 degrees in there. Going out to the power panel, I manage to turn off all the electricity in the house and we are now really working in the dark. Got the torch out of my car and kicked over some goo that DS2 had left by the boat, belted my shins on the towbar and finally got the lights turned back on again. But not the air con. Figured I might have some more fun with the gate but can't reprogam the dongle thingy and eventually ring DS2. He's having dinner with some friends and will be around when he is finished. Might be 9.30 or so OK? Well he rings me a little after 10 and says he will be home in 20 minutes. Forty minutes later he has to jump the fence because he has left his dongle thingy at his place. Seems the aircon is on a different circuit from EVERYTHING ELSE in the house and I failed to notice that one circuit breaker tucked away in a corner is turned off. GRrrrrrr. Then we turn our attention to the gate. I have to get the car out in the morning for a hairdressing appointment so need to get it open. Where are the keys to turn it to manual??? I should know this???? Can only be in one of two places. We find it in the first. Stick the key in the slot and it breaks off. Lucky we have two keys. Get some WD40 or CRC or what ever you call it to loose things that don't move and should. And finally we get the gate open. It appears that the motor has blown in the gate opener thingy so more expense to get it fixed, meantime the gate is no longer locked. DS2 has to go to work at 5.00am so as it is now after midnight, I retire defeated to bed and he departs for his place.
Saturday comes and I am awake bright and early. Going shopping before my hair appointment at 11.00. Wrong again. Hair appointment is for 9am and I am in the supermarket with a trolley full and a list. Better get over there tout de suite. Get to the hairdressers, that takes a lot longer than anticipated, mainly because I am late. Kara doesn't get too excited, only me. She just gets others to help her out with both appointments that she now has on her hands.
Finally get home, sort out the groceries. Decide that I haven't got the applesauce and the cranberries. Off to the shops once more. Then a detour to Chris's place to inform her that her Christmas present is sitting on the counter top in Darwin. And that she needs to be at my place by 9.00am tomorrow morning so we can go on our wine cruise at 10 and that DS2 will drive us in and out so that we can become drunk and disorderly as we wish.
By this time I am not feeling very well at all and have no idea what might be causing it except................ last food was yesterday around 3.00pm Darwin time. Maybe something to eat might help. It didn't. Eventually a cup of Lady Grey tea (wife of Earl I think) and a nap on the couch did the trick. Consequently everything that should have been done yesterday now must be done this morning. So shortly I am off to create a cheese and fruit platter to go with us on the cruise and then we will have some turkey legs, a roast of beef and some pork chops with salads (home grown tomatoes and lettuce) and baked spuds with fruit and stuff to follow. Then they can all go home while I get to clean the house and pull out the remaining stuff in the garden. It is done (the garden that is) for summer apart from some bean plants, rocket, lettuce and garlic chives. Too many bugs now for it to survive.

Think I might have to leave personals for the time being. I'll be back to regale you with tales of today later tonight when I am again having to get ready to return to Darwin.

Last edited by Shad; 12-08-2012 at 04:15 PM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:32 PM   #64  

Shad
It's time for you to get out of your whirlwind and relax.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:45 AM   #65  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Good morning Chicks.
Hope everyone's weekend is going well.
Mine has been quiet so far.
I guess I shouldn't brag.
Having a coffee treat & watching Rudolph's Shiny New Year cartoon
Does it get better than this??
Nothing new to report really.
Have a great day.

PS: think the balsam wreath is killing my nose

Shad....my little sister.....I wish there was something we could all do to make your day of mishaps go away!
I couldn't believe it as I was reading the post and not sure how many times I said OMG!
I can only hope the next day was a better one Safe travels.

Happy.....I always wanted to be a watercolor artist.
My brother is good at it but I stunkj! ROFLMAO
Keep us posted on your progress.
I never tried the color & ink idea.
I was a big fan of India ink drawings MANY years ago.
But at the time I was doing fashions in school!

Ceejay....hope the day at work is uneventful!
Have a great day. Glad the DVD arrived.
I will look into the Mobic. Everything I have here is killing my stomach.
Happy decorating!

Laura.....
so how was the band??
Have a good time???

Last edited by MELODY525; 12-09-2012 at 07:46 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:35 PM   #66  

A good morning filled with much needed rain. A couple of huge electrical storms early this morning. The electric crew worked 5 hours restoring power, but not all over town. We had 3 bad transformers, blown fuses and some burnt stingers. Don't ask me what a stinger is. This was due to the potent lightning strikes.
The aunt and uncle that I visit on a regular basis called me last night to tell me that another aunt is in the hospital with double pnuemonia. She's around 85 and very fraille.

------
Mel
Hope your day continues to be quiet. The mobic works better for me than Tylenol.

Laura
Hope you enjoyed the band concert. I would really like to have been in Springfield, MO last Friday night. My nephew's band played at Cartoon's. I've never heard him play the bass guitar.

Happy
Are you snowed in? The weather map is all blue up your way.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:32 PM   #67  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Back at the airport waiting for my flight. We had a good day yesterday and had lots to drink and eat and then I made them take it all home because I couldn't eat all the left overs. DS2 was the designated driver on the way home which was probably a very good idea since the rest of us were displaying various degrees of alcoholism. Lucky I had taken the nibbles or we might have been sillier.

Mel - hope you have now put the wreath on the outside of the apartment and no longer suffering. Told you Christmas was a dangerous time.

Happy - Hope the feet are recovered and that you have learnt your lesson about needy employees. I am trying to imagine the need for pop corn in the middle of winter but my tired brain will not compute. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I am not a sweets type person apart from the occasional bout with dark chocolate. And of course the Jaffa. Choc and Orange are a magical match.

Ceejay - happy back to work day. Someone has to do it! That's why you are I are in the work mode.

To every one else. Enjoy your Sunday. Monday will arrive soon enough.
I'd better get enthusiastic and get down to the boarding gate before my flight leaves without me.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:35 PM   #68  

Hello ladies. The band/bar must have been fun, since I managed to post the same message 3 times, LOL. I just intended to delete the two extras, but it was all the same message, so they are all deleted now. No biggie.

Happy- hope your back and foot are feeling better now, but with another two days of work...hope it's no worse. So - snow?? How much did u get? We've got rain here. Cold and dreary. Bah.

Ceejay- hope your workday is going okay- did the storms affect the plant?? Good for u with the exercise!! Sometimes the soreness takes a day to hit you!! Sorry to hear about your aunt.

Shad - wow, I hope the river cruise made up for the weekend's mishaps up til now!! The wine probably helped, right?? Safe travels back to Darwin.

Mel - Glad the meetings went so well & you enjoyed the socializing. Sorry your decorated wreaths are causing sinus problems - BOO!!

Annie - So glad u could help dd & Chris in their time of need. You're their heroine for sure!!

Hellos to the rest of you all. Gonna post now, only once I hope. On the train & getting close to home. TTFN.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:42 AM   #69  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi my peeps,

All told I think we got about 5 inches of snow. It snowed lightly from last night all through the day and we're down to about flurries now. And it's going to be very cold tonight and tomorrow. Only a high of about 14 - that's farenheit during the day tomorrow. I hope the store is not too chilly. Had a nice day today. Got a little decorating done - you are right, festive is nice. Didn't leave the house except for once. DH went out to refill the bird feeder and could hear the turkeys clucking in the back of the yard. He thinks they were roosting in the tall pines back there. I came out with some fresh water for the birds and we both walked to the back of the property but from their perch they weren't letting us get anywhere near them. Came back in, made some lunch and tinkered with a few things. It was nice to have a day off. Back to work tomorrow.

Shad I cannot believe what an unbelievable series of bad things you had happen to you in a single day! That's enough to make one's head hide in the sand. I'm glad you were able to recoup enough to had a good evening with friends and family. You could use some nice relaxation. Sounds like you had a lovely spread on the cruise. Was this one in which it was not catered and everyone brought something? That's a great idea - sure beats the standard boxed lunch. And so it is back to the salt mine for you. When will you hear if they choose to extend your contract?

I think my Motrin PM is kicking in - I have my portable heater on next to the computer and I am actually nodding off. So I will put this on hold and catch up with the rest of you lot with my morning coffee. Night all...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:02 AM   #70  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

GOOD MORNING CHICKS.

A QUIET SUNDAY WAS HAD BY ALL.
I DIDN'T DO REALLY MUCH OF ANYTHING.
THIS RAIN IS NEVER ENDING.
IN BETWEEN WE GET TO SEE SOME SUN OR CLOUDS.
READY TO GO BACK TO BED. MAKING EVERYONE SLEEPY.
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A HAPPY DAY

CEEJAY...VERY SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE AUNT.
HOPE SHE WILL BE FEELING BETTER VERY SOON
THOSE STORMS MUST HAVE BEEN WHOPPERS.
HOPE ALL THE DAMAGES GOT FIXED AND IT'S CALMER WEATHER.
I GOOGLED THE MOBIC. IT'S A DRUG I CAN'T USE. TUMMY PROBLEMS.
TOO BAD CAUSE I WAS HUNTING AROUND FOR SOMETHING NEW.

SHAD.....YES THE WREATH IS OUTSIDE IN THE HALL.
IT MIGHT EVEN HAVE TO GO FARTHER AWAY
HOPE YOU MADE IT ON THE PLANE....HOW'S THE HANGOVER??
THANK GOD YOU DID BRING FOOD!
IMAGINE THE OUTCOME HAD YOU NOT
HAVE A GOOD WEEK

LAURA....CRACKING ME UP WITH THE POSTING.
I MISSED IT!! ROFLMAO
WHY ARE YOU ON THE TRAIN ON A SUNDAY???
I AM TOTALLY LOST NOW.
NOSY PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW WTF IS GOING ON

HAPPY....BE CAREFUL WITH THE TURKEYS.
ON THAT SHOW I WATCHED,
ONE TURNED AGAINST THIS GUY THAT RAISED THEM AND CUT HIM UP!!!
YES...FESTIVE & INDOORS GO SO WELL TOGETHER. LOL
I COULD STY INSIDE ALL WINTER. WANNA JOIN ME??
HOPE THE STORE ISN'T TOO COLD...14!!!!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 12-10-2012 at 07:03 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:33 AM   #71  

Height: 5'5"

Good morning Worldlies!!

I am trying to re-establish my morning routine, because as you can tell from my absence I don't make it here otherwise. Things are going well here, just trying to finalize christmas presents.

So after a summer and fall of not tracking my food, I at least did not gain anything back. I have started something new, mostly low carb, but incorperating lots of fresh fruits and veggies. I lost 4 Lbs last week and that was going into TOM and bloating. Missed you all!! I have a resolution to post everyday M-F so will be back tomorrow!!
upswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:40 AM   #72  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning Ladies...not going to post from home anymore, every time I have a decent long post, it gets zapped. Anyway.....

Saturday was filled with errand running. First to Jared's to drop off my engagement ring. A stone had fallen out. Thank God we bought the extra warranty as the replacement will be free. Much more than the warranty cost. Then went off to Buy Buy Baby to get lil man a wagon for Christmas. Got a good deal at the wagon was 119.00 and I had a 20% off coupon..making it around 97.00. Good deal. It is a very nice elaborate wagon by little Tykes. Then off to Lowes to get a tool C wants, Sassy is giving that to him for Christmas..lol. Next was grocery, then Sissy's house to give them $$ for car repair, home again home again jiggity jig. Didn't get any house cleaned only the 3 loads of laundry done. Was going to make Christmas candy and mop my floor, neither was accomplished.

Sunday, off to Meijer and Big Lots, got the majority of shopping done. Still have to get my dad's PJs and one more item for Kristin and Jake. A couple of nephew's something and that should about cover it.

Fixed baked parmesan fish (that we froze from our catch last summer), broccoli/cauliflower with cheese sauce and a new corn bake recipe that is VERY good. Salad on the side. Wrapped some gifts, cleaned the kitchen, watched some tube, C went to be at 7:30, I followed at 9.

SHADDIE...sorry to laugh at your arrival home, but it sounded like a comedy movie. Glad everthing turned out well and you even got to have a little fest of a time on Sunday...and yes, back to work on this very cold Monday. Burr.

MELLIE...glad your weekend was peaceful. You need that sister. Hope your week is just as peaceful....we can only hope!

LAURA...too funny about the band/bar. Yes, you must of had a terrific time if you posted the same message 3 times. lol. Made me laugh.

HAPPY...glad you had a good day at home and visits with the wild life. Pretty sure you should have some kind of show on TV. lol Don't work too awful hard and try to take a few "feet" breaks.

CEEG...we had a lot of rain over the weekend as well. C called me out into the garage and said, "hear that". I listened for what I thought was going to be mice or a car noise, low and behold it thundered like crazy. Sounded great. Too bad I was too busy to lay down and listen to it.

CHELLE...you must be working your arse off. Stay focused on the good things in life. You deserve every happiness. and TAKE CARE OF YOU!..hugs sister.

Hello to all the Worldlies..

GO COLTS!!!

Love and hugs...
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:43 AM   #73  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

ELLEN...hello girl...good for you on losing 4 lbs. Keep up the great work....try to incorporate a little grapefruit or 100% grapefruit juice (white or ruby red) just as long as it is 100% juice and not concentrate with added sugar of any kind....why you ask...it is proven to burn fat at a quicker rate. I started it yesterday. We shall see. I bet the kiddos are getting so excited about Christmas and Santa...it is so much fun to have wee ones in the house at this time of year. Hang in there. xoxo
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:51 AM   #74  

Height: 5'5"

Annie~How funny that you mentioned the grapefruit. My co-worker that got me started again said that she has a half grapefruit and a hard boiled egg for breakfast, so I tried that. I find it decently filling and I think that is what has helped drop the weight. The only hard part is I make the eggs a dozen at a time, I get one or two and my kidlets eat the rest on me...good thing no one else likes the grapefruit!! I can buy it and it is safe!!!
upswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:13 AM   #75  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies - I worked all weekend...and when I wasn't working on "day job" work stuff, I was working on the divorce paperwork. My ex and I are nearly done. I have one more spreadsheet to build, and a couple pieces of info to call about, but that's it. He and I worked on it together for about 2 hours yesterday, and then he was kind enough to let me leave Santa at his house so I could focus on what I needed to get done for work with the new website launch this week. I worked on that until 9:30 pm (which is way past my bedtime), then I couldn't fall asleep until after 11. I'm a tired chick today.

I'm so looking forward to my CA vacation. I leave a week from Thursday! I wish I could be fitter and look better by then...but I'll settle for just being able to tolerate my higher doses of diabetes medicine. I am doing okay so far on the higher doses (morning and night). And it's helping bring blood sugar down a little, but after talking to the doc on the phone, the numbers aren't coming down as much as she'd like, so she may add more meds. I have to see the doc this week to discuss the results of the bloodwork I had on Saturday.

I haven't had a chance to see what y'all are up to...but hopefully I'll be able to catch up soon.

Know that I love you all so much and am so blessed to have you in my life.

Much love and many hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote