It's a Worldy Chicks Winter Wonderland

You're on Page 2 of 18
Go to

• MORNING LADIES OF THE WORLD

THE BOSS CAME ON TO DECORATE THE TREE YESTERDAY.
    IT WAS NOT THE QUIET DAY I EXPECTED TO HAVE.
    I HAVE TO WORK A BIT TODAY.

HAD DINNER WITH JEN & RICHIE.
    THEY WENT OUT FOR MICKEY D'S. YUM!
    IT'S A NICE TREAT ONCE IN AWHILE.

JUST GETTING A LIST AND MY STUFF READY FOR THURSDAY.
    TRADERS IN THE MORNING AND THE MEETINGS THAT NIGHT.
    THAT'S ALL THE HEALINES FOR TODAY.
    HAVE A GREAT MONDAY

HAPPY.....I THINK OF "GRUMPY OLD MEN" WHEN YOU MENTION THE ICE FISHING.
    SOME GUYS REALLY GO FOR THAT SPORT. HOPE HE LIKES IT.
    THAT WAS A LONG DAY YOU PUT IN. HOPE THE FOOTSIES MAKE IT THRU THE WEEK.
    MAYBE WE SHOULD JUST PUT THE SAKTES ON THE WALKER!
    THEN YOU CAN GLIDE ALONG WITHOUT THE TENNIS BALLS!!
    NO HEADLIGHTS FOR THE MAINTENANCE MEN.
    AT THIS POIINT I WOULD RATHER SMACK THEM THAN SACK THEM!!!

LAURA....THE WEEKEND SOUNDED NICE EXCEPT FOR THE BF GOING DEAF!!
    LUCKY NO ONE CALLED THE COPS ABOUT A STRANGE LADY GOING THRU A WINDOW
    THE 4 G CLASS .....5 G CLASS?
    OMG I AM CRACKING UP OVER HERE!!
    I TRIED AN ORNAMENT EXCHANGE IDEA HERE....BUT THERE WERE NO TAKERS.
    NOW WE DON'T EVEN HAVE A GRAB BAG OR SECRET SANTA.
    BUNCH OF SCROOGES!! BAH HUMBUG.

CEEJAY....HOPE THE ONE UNCLE FEELS BETTER
    I AM TRYING TO BE SERIOUS BEFORE I BEGIN GAINING WEIGHT FOR THE HOLIDAYS.
    HOPE YOU ARE HAVING A GOOD TIME ON YOUR DAYS OFF
    WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF CHRISTMAS SPIRIT!!

SHAD....KEEP CALM AND DON'T LOAD THE GUN!!
    YOUR POST CRACKED ME UP BUT I KNOW IT'S NOT NICE WORKING THERE.
    RICHIE TOLD ME LAST NIGHT HE WAS WATCHING SHOWS ABOUT THE WORLD ENDING ON THE 12TH. MAYBE I'LL WAIT TO PAY BILLS TILL THE 13TH!!
    I HAD A DRAMA QUEEN YESTERDAY. WAS IT YOURS??
    IF SO I'LL SEND HER RIGHT BACK TO YA!
    SO....IF I COME THERE AND TALK DRAMA, YOU'LL FEED ME CHEES., BISCUITS & TOMATOES??? OK....IT'S A DEAL!!
    HOLD ON TO THAT UMBRELLA. THEY SOUND LIKE UNREAL STORMS!!
    YOU'LL BE A BLODDY MARY POPPINS!!!
  • Good morning ladies -

I have to keep this very short as I have a ton of work to do. I spent Friday evening and most of Saturday getting caught up on "work stuff", then spent Sunday over at the old house doing laundry, watching the Packer game on the ex's big screen TV, and working on divorce paperwork. The ex was putting out the lawn decorations since it was so unseasonably warm out.

After the Packer game, I went with the ex and ex-DMIL to the Humane Society's Festival of Trees. Local businesses and organizations decorate artificial trees and wreaths in a variety of creative themes. The trees and wreaths/arrangements are always gorgeous, and are put up for raffle. The ex and I are getting along well enough to spend time together. This event was a little difficult though, becasue this is something we used to go to every year as a couple, and it was weird being there and not being a couple anymore. Oh well, at least it's my last Christmas in WI, so I'll be making new traditions next year.

It was far from a relaxing weekend, and this week will no doubt be very busy as well. Sorry I don't have time for personals. I really miss being able to catch up with y'all on a daily basis.

Much love and many hugs,
  • Happy Monday....the first after a beautiful weddling.....it was gorgeous. I have not had a moment to myself to upload pictures...I did share a few on FB from my DILs page. One of the wedding party. It was all too cute. My dad did his best to get up and dance with the bride for a song. She joined him at his table/chair as he doesn't walk to well and had put in many steps he does not normally do already. My BFF from St. Louis and I hugged and bawled our eyes out when they danced. As did my DD and DS, even Curtis had a tear in his eye. C said that was the first wedding he ever got teary eyed at...haha. X and his GF were civil, neither one said two words to me or Samantha. I however went over a spoke to his sister and her hubby, as they all loved me and are Samantha's Godparents. We had a nice visit, they even came over and said hello to my dad. I am sure it burned Xs GF. hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahha, I LOVED IT...I guess that is a little evil. Forgive me father for I did not know what I was doing....NOT...bad Annie. Xs GF only did one thing out of line that wasn't too bad. Me and my nephew looked at each other, shrugged our shoulders and laughed. LIL man did not want anything to do with riding in the wagon being pulled by a stranger so Samantha (who was dressed to kill and looked like a model) carried him. Beautiful! MELLIE would have loved this wedding...Christmas themed....Christmas pines everywhere, decorated. White Christmas lights everywhere, the flower girls dropped fake snow and snow flakes instead of flower petals. Just beautiful! It was 60 and no snow!

We have a huge finance meeting that start at 10 am that is going to take up most of my time today and tomorrow, so I don't know how much I will be able to post after this....

Hello everyone..70 degrees here

Loves and hugs.
  • Morning all. In the 60's today, but sprinkly. The winter weather can wait as far as I'm concerned!

Ceejay – You must be in the Christmas spirit because you got a bonus check, right? So how’s vacation so far?? It’s not your body, it’s the styles available that don’t flatter. Not only are there still skinny jeans, but now they are brightly colored – nothing like highlighting that part of the body! Those are for very few women (or should be), perhaps just pre-teens, LOL. There are alternatives to squats, such as doing leg extensions while wearing ankle weights, or doing the machines at the gym. As long as you don’t overdo on the reps or the weight and your form is correct, you can work your quads safely somehow, just remember Rule #1 – if it hurts, STOP!

Shad – OMG, that’s horrible about the boy being taken by the croc. Stay out of the water!! Love that quote about the chill pill!!!

Mel – Yes, when I think of ice-fishing, I think of the movie “Grumpy Old Men”. I also think of an episode of Frasier. I also think of the NPR radio show "Prairie Home Companion" and the host whatshisname’s monolog “The News from Lake Woebegon”. Re trying to get in the house - bf said that perhaps the reason he didn’t hear the knocking/doorbell was that my brother had phoned and he didn’t pick up the phone, so the answering machine kicked in (right on the nightstand next to him) and my brother’s voice (rather loud, I agree) drowned everything out! I wasn’t quite at the point of having to break into the house, I was just going to rap loudly on the bedroom window closest to him... We had a Secret Santa in the department last year and I’m crossing my fingers they don’t want to do it again. I feel no closer to the other half of our joined department than I did last year this time.

Michelle – Sorry you had to spend a lot of your weekend working. At least you had time for relaxation on Sunday. The Festival of Trees sounds so nice! I love checking out holiday decorations. Bf and I have a couple tickets to the Omnimax theater at the Museum of Science & Industry to use before year’s end, so we should be able to see the MSI’s “Christmas Around the World” exhibit when we go there. We miss you here too, but right now work has got to come first!! Come visit when you can.

Annie – The wedding sounds like it was wonderful! Glad you had such a nice time. Love the snowflakes being dropped – all the more memorable because of the unseasonally warm weather you had. I bet C will also get teary when you two wed…
    --
    Nothing much to report for me. We didn’t get the lights/décor up yesterday and bf and I argued about that. I pointed out that the weather might not be quite as nice today or tomorrow and he’ll have to do it on his own as well…whatever. He probably wants the weather to be crummy and to do it on his own so that he can complain about it. Whatever…

I decided to try making a loaf of wheat bread in the bread machine yesterday, but the yeast must have been an old packet. It didn’t rise and it came out like a brick. I will try again with fresh yeast. And fresher wheat flour for that matter. Our instant read thermometer went out and the display is still intermittently out even after changing the battery. It was a cheapo unit, so we’ve decided to buy a nicer one. We still have $$ on a Williams-Sonoma gift card, so we’ll go there for it.

I walked doggy, did a couple loads of laundry, and ordered my sneakers. We watched some tv and that was about it for yesterday.

Nothing planned tonight. My legs are still sore, but I should do an exercise class, or maybe go to the gym. We’ll see. I’ve decided I’ll probably skip the movie night on Tuesday, especially since I’m going to watch Delores Claiborne with the book club on Friday.
  • Good morning fine ladies of the world,

I have 3 days off feels like vacation. I did go in yesterday and only had 1 little bitty sale and that was right as I was calling the owner after sitting there for 4 hours doing nothing. Closed up and went home - what a waste of time. Across the street from the store is a hot dog place with yummy hot dogs, Chicago style Italian beef and Italian sausage sandwiches. I have gotten to know the owner quite well since it's often been a quick lunch or dinner for me when working. She came over Saturday and hand delivered my dinner and told me that she is closing her business for good this week. I was so sad - I will miss her and her food. I also hate to see any business close down here. Her's is the 4th restaurant to have closed this year and I am starting to notice that many businesses have For Sale signs on the properties. This is a seasonal town and it's really hard making a go of things year round. Ours is the bigger town that everyone comes to, would hate to see this become one of the ghost towns like the smaller communities around us. I guess people are also dependent on the snowmobiliers and hunters business and so far, we're not getting much snow either. Right now it's very very foggy out - so much so that I'm glad I have groceries to tide me over and I'm planning on hanging out here at least today and tomorrow. Was thinking of dinner at a local diner since we've been trying to catch "Burger Monday" for a few weeks, but if it's dense fog, we'll stay home.

Annie - the wedding sounded like it was absolutely gorgeous - so happy for all that it was a good day. Good that the ex stayed in the backdrop where he belonged. So sad that he did not even speak to his own daughter. Guess that's why he's an ex, right. But the important thing is that it was a good and special day for the wedded couple. Nice that Dad had some fun too. Ok, I am having issues with one of the advertisements and my post again. I am typing in advanced mode so I see a subset of smilies on the side of my post. The dancing carrot occasionally freezes, then starts dancing again and I am having issues typing. Going to post this and refresh and try again.
  • ok, carrot man is continually dancing so I guess I'm good to go

Now that I refreshed I can see Laura posted too. Lemme go read up...

Oh and Annie - I love the idea of dropping snowflakes at the wedding. Must have been lovely...

Laura - I guess I must make bread seasonally since it seems like my yeast has always expired when I'm in the mood to make a loaf - been thinking about the wonderful smell of a fresh loaf lately Last week at the Girls Night Out shopping party I picked up a box of the Pampered Chef bread mix - love it made with a can of ginger ale or beer. I'm glad you finally got BF's attention before you tried climbing in the window and he'd have to hit you with a broom I think ladies have keener ears or maybe the guys just tune so much out that they don't hear what they should I call it "forgot to listen and or care...." Sounds like the last bookclub meeting was fun with both the discussion and the ornament exchange. That's a pretty neat idea to discuss the book and then see the movie and compare. I vaguely remember that I saw the movie too and thought Kathy Bates did an outstanding job of bringing Delores to life. Enjoy.

Michelle - Festival of Trees sounded like fun - glad you got to go and see it. I guess if this is going to be your last Christmas in Wisconsin, you'd better soak up the snow - to me it's not Christmas if it's 60 degrees outside - except for you Shad where Christmas is in summer I understand how busy you are, just post when you can - always good to hear from you.

Mel - kinda sad that the oldsters don't want to do an exchange - could be fun but there's always a bunch of Crabby Appleton spoilers Do you do the craft things anymore? Haven't heard you talk about them very much. Do you have a tree up in the lobby or is it too windy in there? LOL on the Grumpy Old Men - I'm sure there's a bunch of them on the lake fishin' - especially if I was to go there and heaven forbid - talk - when I went out with DH. I don't understand the appeal of sitting on a thick bed of ice and being quiet staring at a hole

Shad - is it nice and quiet today with the drama queen gone? Maybe you could actually get something done. So I'm taking it that there are better honeys than the Leatherwood - I'll keep looking. I was a bit put off as they say some people remarket the honey and heat it which ruins the good properties of honey. If nothing else we have a local apiary which my sister absolutely loved. At least then you know what you're getting. Your description of the rainstorm reminded me of Memphis - never saw it rain so hard. Then the sun comes out and the steamy humidity creeps in.

Ceejay - not really possible to sit down at work. There is a chair in the corner but it's high and hard to get into and they have a stool but it seems the minute you sit, someone comes into the store. Once in a while when I work on some computer stuff, I can sit on that chair for a bit and give my feet a rest. Glad you had a good trip to visit the uncles. Are you off for a few days more now? I know what you mean about the clothing styles - they seem to forget there is more than one body type buying clothes. Most seems to be made for tall, skinny young girls with very fitted clothes. Reminds me of the 70's where everything was tiny and stylish and if you were above a size 11/12 - it was polyester frumpy hhe-lll. I've been looking for some winter pullover sweaters as a change of pace and not finding anything out there. I guess you'll run across something when you're not really looking for anything

I think I'm going to do some house cleaning and get some of the decorations up. I have 3 days off and that's the biggest block of time I'll have to myself until Christmas so I need to make the most of it. I'm debating about sending out cards - alot of people have just given up on it. Guess I'll mull it over as I'm setting out the decorations.

Yummm DH just made some toast and the smell is wafting up here into the loft area. Makes me hungry - think I'll snitch a piece when he's not looking Have a good one ladies...
  • Quick one,

Happy, cast an eye over this. http://www.justfoodnow.com/2010/12/2...-in-the-world/. Should I order some of the most expensive stuff??
  • Happy
    My vacation started on Saturday. I'll go back to work on Sunday.

Michelle
    Glad you had a nice outing to go see the Festival of Lights.

Laura
    Yes, I did get both my Christmas bonus at work and the one I had at the bank. I think the reason that I'm in a mild Christmas spirit is that I'm not as depressed as I once was.

Mel
    It's sad to think that the seniors do not want to have a gift exchange. Sometimes a simple Christmas card will do to get them is the spirit of things.

Shad
    I like that saying. Maybe I should put it up at the water plant.

-------
    My vacation started Saturday and I'm beginning to feel less stressed.
    It was beautiful today so I decided to get outside and mulch the leaves. Think I started a chain reaction as I heard other lawn mowers start up.
    My neighbors down the street must have been coming to my neighbors next door but she was gone. They stopped and asked me to take them uptown. Actually thought I'd stop what I was doing and take them as they told me they needed to go then. I told them I was going to finish and then I was going to rest an hour. I told them I would but after that. The went somewhere else and stopped back by--hoping that I jump up and take them. I stood my ground. While they were sitting there I told them this was my vacation for me and me only. If they come back I'm not accepting visitors.
    Watched Santa Clause 3 with Tim Allen late this afternoon.
    My neighbor is supposed to come and clean tomorrow. I'm going to have to say no to her also if she ask again this month to clean. It's only been two weeks since she's cleaned. And I'm saying no to her tomorrow if she want to use the lawn mower to mulch her leaves. The lawn mower needs a new handle.
  • Shad - I've heard of a couple of those honeys. The thing that worried me as I was researching them was that some - like anything - are less than pure, heated or not as carefully produced just to make a quick buck. So outside of dealing with an apiary directly, not sure who to trust. But that did look good enough that I think I'll make a nice cuppa tea and have a dash of the local stuff. I wonder if it tastes like pine needles?

Ceejay for standing your ground, finishing your task at hand and not being a doormat for the pesky people around you. I'm glad you are enjoying your vacation and in more of a holiday mood this year. Now all you need is a little snow, no?
  • www.airborne.co.nz/processing.shtml

Gives the facts about heating honey.

I know this place, it is run by a friend of a friend of a friend. 6 degrees of separation doesn't exist in NZ.
  • `

GOOD MORNING CHICKS.

NOT REALLY MUCH TO REPORT.
    WORKED A BIT AND THEN DID NOTHING.
    THE WARMER THE WEATHER GETS, THE CRAPPIER JEN & I FEEL.
    THIS IS NO FUN!! ALL SINUS REALTED THOUGH.
    HOPE YOU GUYS HAVE A GREAT DAY
    I NEED TO CLARIFY SOMETHING I SAID...IT'S NOT THE SENIORS WITH THE CHRISTMAS SCROOGE FEELINGS, IT'S THE OFFICE & MAINTENANCE STAFFS. SO BECAUSE OF THEIR ATTITUDE, EVERYTHING WAS CANCELLED.

ANNIE....I AM SO GLAD THE WEATHER AND THE WEDDING WERE SO FINE!!
    YAY!! HOPE THE 2 OF THEM WILL BE VERY HAPPY TOGETHER
    I CRACKED UP AT THE EX & GF. VERY FUNNY INDEED.
    THEY MUST HAVE BEEN STEAMING. I KNOW WE'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO GLOAT BUT THEY DESERVED HAVING TO WATCH THE VISITING WITH DAD.
    HOW CUTE WAS THAT WITH DAD DANCING. NOW I AM TEARY EYED.
    ALSO SORRY I MISSED A CHRISTMASSY WEDDING!!!!

LAURA....“The News from Lake Woebegon”. ...I FORGOT ABOUT THAT GUY!!
    I SAW THAT AND CRACKED UP. HE IS VERY FUNNY.
    IF THE BF DOES THE DECORATIONS HIMSELF...HE DOESN'T HAVE TO LISTEN TO WHERE THINGS REALLY SHOULD GO
    HOPE THE LEGS LOOSEN UP A BIT

HAPPY...GLAD TO HEAR YOU HAVE DAYS OFF IN A ROW
    BUT SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE HOTDOG LADY.
    KLITTLE BUSINESSES ARE CLOSING ALL OVER.
    I SEE PEOPLE ARE CUTTING BACK ON EATING AT THE DINER OVER HERE.
    THEY USED TO GO ONCE OR TWICE A WEEK BUT NO MORE.
    EVEN THE GUY DOWN THE STREET HAS LOST "DELIVERY" BUSINESS.
    HIS PRICES ARE TOO HIGH FOR ME TOO.
    ENJOY YOUR TIME OFF
    WE DON'T DO CRAFTS ANYMORE, JEN CAN'T PAINT THE WINDOWS BECAUSE OF THE SLIDING FEATURE AS I SAID, THE TREE IS 1/2 THE SIZE THIS YEAR AND IN A CORNER AND MY BOSS CAN'T GET ANYONE TO HELP OUT. SO I AM GOING DOWN TODAY TO GET THIS TRAIN WRECK BACK ON IT'S TRACKS ONE WAY OR THE OTHER.SAD HUH???
    ALSO.............

CEEJAY....GOOD FOR YOU!!! THE POWERE OF THE WORD "NO"!!!
    THE NERVE OF SOME PEOPLE. MAKES ME ALL THE MORE ADAMANT IN NOT GETTING COZY WITH THE NEW TENANTS HERE FROM NOW ON. GOOD FOR YOU!
    HOPE YOUR VACATION IS GOING ALONG FINE OTHERWISE.
    THE WEATHER IS COOPERATING AT LEAST.
    TODAY WILL BE OUR HOTTEST 64! THEN IT BEGIONS TO DROP AGAIN.

SHAD...NOW I WILL HAVE TO LOOK UP 6 DEGREES OF SEPARATION LATER.
    A NURSE TOLD ME ABOUT MANUKA HONEY FOR MY ROSACEA.
    I THINK YOU & I DISCUSSED THAT ONCE.

MICHELLE....HOPE YOUR NEXT WEEKEND WILL BE BETTER.
    THIS ONE SOUNDED LIKE AN EMOTIONAL ROLLERCOASTER RIDE.
    FOOTBALL, THE FESTIVAL, THE EXes AND DIVORCE PAPERS.
    NOT A GOOD COMBO FOR KEEPING A LIGHT HEART.
  • Morning

Mel
    Bah humbug on the staff. I can't blame you for not wanting to get cozy with the new tenants.
  • Mornin' all!

Ceejay - Good for you standing up to those who try to pressure you because they know it's worked in the past, or just know that if they bug you enough you'll give in. Your time is YOUR time, spend it how you choose!! Nice you got to spend it outdoors. I'm glad you're in the holiday spirit this year!! We had mild weather again yesterday - I think we nearly broke a record by hitting 70 degrees yesterday. Cooler today, but still mild.

Mel - I'm sorry the warm weather is giving your & Jen's sinuses problems. Probably a lot of mold in the air around too. Too bad the building staff are not in the holiday spirit. I guess I sounded like a scrooge when I said I didn't want to do a Secret Santa with our joint department this year... I think the limit last year was $20 or $25 - a little bit more than I want to spend on a virtual stranger (because last year I ended up with someone from the "other side" of the department). I'd much rather have an ornament exchange with a lower limit, or a white elephant exchange - it doesn't have to be expensive to be fun. We'll see how the decorations look if bf is wise and does them today because tomorrow the weather is turning cold again. My legs are finally feeling better. But we'll see what tonight brings, lol.

Oh, and wikipedia says this: "Six degrees of separation is the idea that everyone is approximately six or fewer steps away, by way of introduction, from any other person in the world, so that a chain of "a friend of a friend" statements can be made, on average, to connect any two people in six steps."

Happy - I suppose I might have to partially blame my failed wheat bread on the honey?? It was a half container of crystallized product that I had to set in a cup of hot water to partially de-crystallize. And of course I was impatient to get my bread going, so it wasn't completely liquid when I added it to the other ingredients - I figured the warm water the recipe called for would do the rest. Huh. If I try the machine again with fresher ingredients and if fails, I will probably try a mix and see how that goes. Otherwise I will give it a go by hand and/or with the Kitchenaid with the dough hook. Re sitting at work - I think you should get a normal height stool on wheels and scoot around that way as much as you can! Enjoy your 3 days off!

Hellos the rest of you, hope you're having a good week.
    ===
    It's been quiet here without the boss. We'll find out today when she'll return to the office. It's that time of the year to see how you've done against your performance goals, and to prepare a self-appraisal. Ick, hate that stuff. Necessary evil.

Last night I went to the "Step Essentials" class. I hadn't been to that class in quite a while. I got a good heart-pumping workout. The last part of that class includes a good amount of pushups (on the ballet barre) and crunches, so I'll probably be feeling sore this afternoon/evening.

Nothing planned for tonight. They are seeing the movie "Lincoln" and even though I know it's good and Daniel Day-Lewis will surely get award nominations for his role, I just don't want to see it!!!

My sneakers have shipped! Looking forward to getting them. If they feel good, I just might buy a pair of black ones to wear for my work commute. I still need to shop for some tall snow boots. Sigh.

Okay, I'll get this posted and get back to work.

• Good morning chicks,

Hi Laura I see your little egg light on. Pushups on the barre, eh? Well that would give me the wobblies afterwards - probably give me the zombie look if I was doing the legs too Sounds like things might have not been the right temp for the breadmaking - it's a tempermental thing - a bit off and it's ruined. I'm glad to hear you warm your plastic honey bottle in warm water and not in the MICROWAVE like my Mom. Sis and I are trying to explain how bad BPAs are and why you don't want to heat plastic bottles. Had to laugh at your comment of a chair on wheels. After working in an office for so long and breaking my leg or hurting my back a few times, I was a champion office chair "roller" Only problem with bringing in an office chair with wheels is that the counters are higher and that would put me at chin height - aka Edith Ann / Lily Tomlin and I certainly could not reach the popcorn warmers - sorry folks no butter, cheddar or mix today But a great idea none the less. Did I miss something? What kind of sneakers did you get? Sounds like you get a very good workout from your classes. And boy am I envying your 70 degree temps... It was low 50's here but with the patches of snow still melting it was rather damp and felt a tiny bit mild but nowhere near what 70 would feel like.

Mel - I'm sorry the office staff is just RUINING the holiday. What a bunch of buggers. I think you should send some of the loudest, crankiest seniors to go stage a sit-in and complain Sorry to hear the sinuses are acting up. Go dump some eucalyptus beads in a pot of simmering water and breathe deep. Hopefully that won't bother you. Or just make a cup of nice tea. I would not get close to new tenants either since that mostly means more work for you. Unless of course you meet the odd off one who is a wanna be fun Worldly Chick who doesn't have access to a computer.

Shad - thank you for the very informative article on honey. Always something new to learn. Saw your post of FB this morning. Care to elaborate or should I just speculate???

I did make a cup of tea yesterday. We have a coffeemaker with dual ports. One side for coffee, the other you can put water into and it makes hot water for teas, soups, oatmeal or anything you need water in. I decided to be lazy and use the machine instead of warming water in a kettle. While the water reserviors are completely separate, it seemed to me that the hot water smelled and tasted faintly of coffee - such like you'd get if you put water in a coffee pot and had not rinsed it first. Totally ruined the tea and good honey for me :P DH was delighted that I made him a tea also and when I commented on the odd taste, he said he didn't notice anything and it was good tea for him. Sometimes I get a taste or smell in my head that I swear is real and DH says is not there. cue Arnold Swarzeneggar saying "it's NOT a brain tumoh..."

I don't remember what I did yesterday but I blew most of the day away. Oh yeah, DH and I went to a local diner (actually it's a 45 minute trip each way). Monday is Burger Monday day where they grind their own meat and the only thing they serve is burgers. I'd been wanting to try it. DH got a cheddar bacon burger and I got a cheddar burger topped with cole slaw (southern style). I was shocked when we got the bill - DH's burger alone was $12. Mine was $10. Plus extra for french fries and we split a chocolate malt because if you can believe it I've never had one in my life - on the rare occasions I have one, it's always a chocolate milk shake. We only had 1/3 of the malt because we were stuffed from the burgers and fries. The bill with tip came to $40. And while good, we won't be running back there for that any more. Came home, watched some TV, chatted with Mom for a bit and then I killed 2 hours on the Internet. I think I want to try my hand at drawing and painting with watercolor pencils. I found a couple of online sites that give basic lessons - you can always buy some courses too. Then I was searching to try and find the best prices on a set of pencils, paper and a basic introductory course. Turns out Amazon had the best prices (as usual) over the craft places - even with their discounts. The problem with the craft stores is that they only give one discount. Either you get a percent off or you get free shipping. One pretty much cancels the other so that's disappointing. Anyway I should have my supplies in 2 days. And that will be my Christmas present this year. I can work on that while DH is off ice fishing

We were thinking of taking a ride into Duluth - DH wants to check some things out at the home improvement store but now he's not sure what he wants to do for the day. Doesn't matter to me, I have things to do one day, the other is open for doing something else so I'll just pick one over the other.

With that I am off, hope you all have a good day.
  • Laura
    I had to look up the six degrees of separation too. We've been having this warm weather also. I'm loving it. Even have the air condition on although I don't think it's ran but a couple of times. My sister and her hubby went to see Lincoln and really liked it. I usually wait for the dvd to come out. I hate going to a movie theater. It's to loud for me to enjoy--guess I could take ear plugs. It's that time of the year for our evaluations also. Luckily our bosses do that and we don't have to.

Happy
    Wow, 12 dollars for a bacon cheese burger! That would have to be a treat for me once in a while. Bet they had Wisconsin cheese on it though. Yum.

-----------
    It was a slothful day for me today and it rained. So I took a nap. My neighbor came and cleaned house. It looks so good.
    I rode the bike last night for three miles which was only 14 minutes. Tonight I'm going to ride the bike and do some floor exercises. I've given up on logging my food. I did go on line and found a beginner's Biggest Loser dvd. I'll do that when it gets here. It has Harper and Dolvett.