3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

It's a Worldy Chicks Winter Wonderland

Old 12-23-2012, 09:41 AM   #196
gettin' with the plan

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Annie
Morning you snuck in on me. Have a good day.
Old 12-24-2012, 02:39 AM   #197

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Sorry, stuck in the vineyards. I hope you all have a very merry Christmas and a Happy new year, although I should manage to find my way out by then. Best wishes and love to you all.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:31 AM   #198
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

SHAD....SORRY I MISSED THE ARRIVAL OF THE SANTA TRAIN DOWN BY YOU.
I NEVER GOT BACK OUT OF BED AFTER READING.
MUST HAVE FALLEN ASLEEP SOMEWHERE BETWEEN THE PAGES.
HOPE YOUR CHRISTMAS WAS A HAPPY ONE & A VERY HAPPY BOXING DAY TO YOU AND YOURS!!!

Last edited by MELODY525 : 12-24-2012 at 08:45 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:44 AM   #199
Happy September

HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVE.

WE HAVE DECIDED TO HAVE DINNER TONITE TOGETHER.
RICHIE IS DOING THE COOKING INSTEAD OF THE BAKERY.
THEY WENT OUT TO GET ALL THE FIXINGS YESTERDAY.
SAME MENU. HE'S A GOOD COOK SO I AM HAPPY.

NOT MUCH GOING ON OVER HERE.
LOTS OF OVERTIME STILL FOR THE MAINT. MEN.
THEY WILL HAVE FAT CHECKS AT THE END OF THE WEEK.
IT WAS A BIT BUSY YESTERDAY BUT NOT INSANELY.
GLAD THE OFFICE IS OPEN SO I CAN HAVE THE DAY ALONE WITH THE KIDS.
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY

HAPPY....WISH I COULD SEND YOU MORE HOURS OF SLEEP.
YOUR SUNSHINE ARRIVED AND JUST IN TIME.
IT' LOOKS GORGEOUS OUTSIDE THIS MORNING.
NOW WE NEED SOME OF YOU BIG FAT FLAKES OF SNOW!!
LOOKS LIKE WE'RE GOING TO HAVE A SLUSH CHRISTMAS HERE.
HOPE YOPUR SIS CAN HANG IN THERE WITH MOM.
ENJOY YOUR DAYS OFF AND HAVE A GREAT TIME.

ANNIE.....HOMEMADE NOODLES!! YUM!!!'
SET A PLACE FOR ME AT THE TABLE!!
I'LL BRING MY OWN CHAIR
HAVE A GREAT TIME WITH THE FAMILY.

CEEJAY.....YOU AND I WILL HOLD DOWN THE FORT TOGETHER.
IT WILL BE A WORKING DAY FOR ME AS WELL AFTER 4PM & THEN TOMORROW.
HOPEFULLY YOUR SUNSHINE WILL GET ME THRU THE DAYS.
HOW NICE OF SANTA TO LEAVE SOME COOKIES!!
YOUR BFF IS LUCKY SOMEONE WENT TO GET HER.
HOPE THEY GOT BACK SAFE & SOUND.
HAVE A GREAT DAY AT THE PLANT

Old 12-24-2012, 08:59 AM   #200
gettin' with the plan

Mel
You are exactly right aboaut the bff having someone to go get her. That trip was 22 hours one way. They should be getting home around noon today if they don't hit bad weather. Already had one phone call about garbage pick up.Enjoy your meal with the kids this evening. That's what Christmas is about for me.

Annie
Wow, that's some noodles.

Shad
Are you having to work on Christmas Eve/day too?

--------
It was a foggy start today. I immediatly thought of the song Rudolph.
We have a winter storm watch out for tonight and tomorrow. It's too warm right now. We may get a white Christmas.
I haven't talked to my bff this morning but from my calculations they should be around Kansas City Mo.maybe Springfield, Mo. That's going to be one exhausted group of people.

Last edited by ceejay52 : 12-24-2012 at 10:06 AM.
ceejay52 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:24 PM   #201
Some days not so much

S/C/G: Macys Balloon/Chubbette/OK

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

Happy Christmas Eve. I have 2 whole days off. So excited. Also I'm not sure that in 40 years with DH we have ever spent Christmas with just the 2 of us. Last night after work we headed over to the grocery store to pick up things for dinner. They had some beautiful lobster tails - I would rather cook up the frozen lobster tail than boil the whole lobster live. We also got a filet mignon roast. DH fussed at the cost but I said we could use the Visa gift card my boss gave me for Christmas. Will provide an extra fancy meal for tonight, tomorrow with enough left over for New Year's Eve too. I've been busy, tired and neglecting DH so it will be nice to spend some time with just the two of us. We didn't get each other anything for gifts, I suggested that maybe we take a long weekend into Minneapolis (where we've never been) and go check out the twin cities. When it gets warmer as winters are particularly brutal in that part of the country It's cold here - temps in the teens for High temperatures. I think tonight it's going to dip below zero. Santa better bundle up. No wonder all the animals are loving the woodpecker food DH sets out for a treat - gives them a bit more fat on their bones to keep them warm. We have at least 2 bunnies out there too - I think one or both live under the deck here.

Yesterday I got a chance to work with one of the 2 girls they've had at the shop over the summer for the last 4 years. She's in college now and came home for Christmas break. What a lovely girl. Such a hard worker. No wonder G said they lucked out when she and her friend came into the store looking for a summer job long ago. She did the cooking and I did the packing and selling. It was a real pleasure working with her. We got a chance to talk and she said she is studying marine biology with a minor in zoology. Said when she completes her studies it's a requirement to spend a stint of time in Australia studying the marine life and working on the Great Barrier Reef. She said they are trying to weed out the not very serious students so the first couple of semesters of coursework are very very hard. It's nice to see someone that age with a good head on her shoulders. Gives me hope all is not lost on our youth

Glad to see the world did not come to an end on Friday.

Thank you all for the lovely Christmas cards. I will get mine in the mail by new year's. Hoping to have some real time off after Friday of this week. It was chilly in the house yesterday - maybe because it was 6 degrees outside - but I had the Christmas tree on, the fireplace, a lighted centerpiece on the dining room table and I turned on the lighted garland on the staircase leading to the loft area. If I must say so myself, it was very festive and pretty. I'm glad I listened to you girls and did some decorating.

Ceejay - hope BFF makes it home soon. It was a 21 hour drive from our last house to this one and it was EXHAUSTING. We always overnighted just inside the Illinois border - about 2/3 of the way. Last 2 hours was just torture in the car - could not move to get comfortable at all. So I pity them. Looks like it warmed up a bit out your way so maybe you won't get the snow after all. I agree that a few flakes on some warmish pavement that melts quickly would be just enough to make it festive. So are you working tomorrow too? Will have to get your Christmas dinner in a to-go tray

Annie - I agree that your noodles look wonderful. Save me a plate also please. Hope you got all your cleaning done. I'm guessing that Christmas is at your house this year?

Shad - there are worse places to be stuck than in a vineyard. Have a glass or two of the good stuff for us. I might chill up a bottle myself.

Mel - glad the sunshine came. You have to decide - sun or snow - can't have both although it was doing just that the other day. But the big, fat snowflakes come from cloudy days. Dinner from Chef Ritchie sounds delicious. You have me in the mood to make some homemade bread - might do just that. The smell alone is worth it.

I'm assuming that except for poor Ceejay - everyone else is off doing holiday things. May you all have a very happy Christmas in the company of good friends and the ones you love in your life. I thank you for your friendship and support and consider my friendships with you ladies one of my most precious life's gifts.

Merry Christmas to all
happy2bme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:53 PM   #202

Quick hello to everyone. Been busy yesterday & today. Bf is in Home Depot - we needed more sand for our luminarias. I'm in the car. One more stop & we'll head back home. Cheesecake is made, lasagne prep has begun. More tomorrow.

Everyone have a wonderful Christmas Eve & Christmas!!

Last edited by Laura705 : 12-24-2012 at 02:55 PM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:49 PM   #203
Some days not so much

Cool Laura - I always wanted to do luminaries but they never really worked out for me. Where are you putting them? Take pictures.

Have a very Merry Christmas too.
Old 12-24-2012, 03:51 PM   #204
Some days not so much

And a Merry Christmas to you also Shad. It's already Santa time on your side of the pond. Although you should be fast asleep dreaming of sugar plums and Igor at this point.
Old 12-25-2012, 07:36 AM   #205
Happy September

MERRY CHRISTMAS WORLDLY CHICKS!
I WILL GIVE A THOUGHT TO EACH OF YOU THIS BLESSED MORNING.
SAFE TRAVELS TO THOSE GOING OUT.
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY TODAY.

Last edited by MELODY525 : 12-25-2012 at 07:37 AM.
Old 12-25-2012, 08:52 AM   #206
gettin' with the plan

Happy
The bff got to Jonesboro around 10.30. They were extremely exhausted. Her niece drove the whole time so I know she is exhausted. The driver of her Uhaul would have been exhausted as well. They were using a gps and it was taking them all over the country. I texted her at one point and gave her proper directions. They were almost to Springfield MO. I use map quest when I travel and get my directions that way.

Laura
Lasgana sounds good.

Mel
Love the graphics as always.

Merry Christmas to one and all.
We have a mjor winter storm moving in this afternoon. I'm dreading it. It's already 35 degree's.
Yesterday afternoon was horrid. Had a major power outage that last for around 3 hours. People were not happy as they wanted to cook Christmas Eve dinner. My throat was sore after it. This is the part of the job I litterally hate. I'm about ready for the bop the Mayor on the head. He was a patoot yesterday.
Old 12-25-2012, 10:41 AM   #207
Happy September

Good morning again. Had to leave unexpectedly.
Medical alarm but nothing serious.
Then got sidetracked with tenants at the door etc.
Been a very busy morning.
Watching Ozzie & Harriet on COZI TV.
Not sure when we got this channel!! LOVE IT!!
I emptied my mailbox too.
Thank you all for the cards.
The Worldly Sisters have a special closet door to hang on!!

And....it's been a nice day so far even with the busy parts.
People are all happy this morning.
Had a nice chat with some people on my own floor.
Now maybe I can get back to christmas with Ozzie & Harriet!!
HAPPY CHRISTMAS ONCE AGAIN

Ceejay....good morning you early bird.
Your BFF is lucky you know what you're doing.
She would still be riding around!!
Glad they arrived safely andshe had the niece to depend on.
Sorry to hear about the power outages.
I can imagine the phonecalls!!
Hope you feel well this morning and the phones are quieter!
Stay safe in this terrible stromy weather down your way.
The TV showed some really bad storms

Happy....we're thinking of a roast beef for New Years.
Now I read about your Filet Mignon....I am drooling!!
So glad there was someone nice to work with.
Helps the day go by when there is cooperation.
Hope all the birdies love the DH!!!! I wanted to make suet balls for them.
But now we have some nasty creatures from down the waterfront &
were asked not to put food out for any animals.
We've had a rat or two, lots of mice, a skunk, possums. YIKES!!!
I told the tenants they thought bed bugs were bad
Have a good time and enjoy the meal.

Laura....hope the luminaries came out great.
Like Happy....I have always wanted to do that.
Bet it looked great. Very Martha Stewarty!!! roflmao

Last edited by MELODY525 : 12-25-2012 at 10:42 AM.
Old 12-25-2012, 02:00 PM   #208

Merry Christmas to all my Worldly friends!

Mel - Glad the medical alarm was nothing serious and the tenants are in a good mood. How was the dinner prepared by Richie? Or is that today?? Enjoy Ozzie & Harriet.

Ceejay - I'm sorry your Christmas Eve at work was so horrible. I can't imagine being on the other end of the phone calls from those without power trying to cook their holiday meals!!! I think we'd have been okay because we have a gas stove...but some of it runs on electricity because it plugs in - and I'm sure it's not just for the oven light, LOL. It might have electric pilot lighters. I hope today is quieter for you, and I'll have to check the weather to see what's in store for you. Thank goodness you helped out your bff with directions - the long trip would have been even longer no thanks to the GPS!

Happy - Well, you're all set with good vittles for some special meals, and so are your backyard friends too! Brrrr, oh so cold! It hasn't been horribly cold here (yet, knock wood), but yesterday it felt so damp, and that's chilling too of course. Our bedroom is furthest from the furnace, so it gets chilly - oh how we need to get online and order a new heated mattress pad!! I miss it so much. Tomorrow for sure. So sorry, no pics of the luminaria when they were lit up along the block, but it was very pretty. Prettier when there's snow, but we can't have everything. Hope you're enjoying you're quiet time w/ DH. Today's our quiet day too.

Shad - Hope your Christmas was enjoyable and that you enjoyed a couple glasses of vino for me. Is it Boxing Day now?

Annie - Wow, a table full of noodles!! I bet the turkey & noodles was delish! How was Christmas Eve w/ the family? Glad to hear Sassy is feeling better - is she still wearing the cone???

Ellen - Hope you're enjoying you're quiet holiday with just the family. Definitely nice to just have time with the immediate family. Clothing is practical, and they'd have needed it anyway, don't worry about overspending on that type of thing.

Patty - Hope you're having a good Christmas and you're giving your feet a nice rest! I hope the tendonitis eases up you can get out of the boots (and into supportive shoes!). To me the hardest thing about making cheesecake is remembering to get the ingredients to room temp before starting to make it, LOL! Will the travel ease up a bit for you in 2013?

Hellos to Michelle & Java!
==
It's been a whirlwind since Friday, but today is finally a calm, relaxing one.

Friday night was the party, very nice. Saturday was circuit class, hair appointment and grocery shopping. In the PM, bf, his friend & I watched "The Artist". I'd already seen it, but it was good, so I watched it again. I kept dozing off. Not a good thing during a silent movie where you have to read the dialog, haha. But I'd seen it before , so no biggie.

Sunday I made two pies to bring to my sis's place for dinner. The apple pie was made with fresh apples, the cherry with canned filling. Both had the prepared crusts. They turned out pretty good, but the apple, which I mounded very high with apples still cooked down quite a bit and so the crust had a good bit of hollow directly under it. But it was good because it wasn't so darn sweet like the canned filling can be.

The time at my sis & BIL's place was nice, and dinner was good, but very similar to our planned Christmas Eve dinner. They served stuffed shells with cheese along with Italian sausage. Our dinner was lasagne served with Italian sausage. Oh well, I still enjoyed both meals very much.

Yesterday morning I baked the cheesecake. I lined the sides of the springform pan w/ parchment paper and so the surface didn't crack as it cooled - yay. But I failed to take a picture of my pretty cheesecake.

The lasagne turned out good too - it had a lot of spinach mixed in the ricotta, so it was healthy, right??? The no-boil noodles are easy, but they were thin and I missed the heavier traditional lasagna noodles.

We had a nice time yesterday. I had my fireplace dvd going on the telly with the music option turned on for background music. I was glad my friend D and her sis were there. I felt bad that bf's mom wasn't feeling too great - she's still recovering from an upper respiratory infection so she left shortly after dessert and before we opened gifts. She says she's feeling better today, so we may pop over there today to give her her gifts, and some leftover lasagna, sausage, and cheesecake.

Otherwise, we're just relaxing. I will have to do a load of laundry, however, or I will be forced to go commando or dig into the "emergency undie" stash, which contains the hole-y ones that mom tells you not to get caught dead in, teehee.

Enjoy the rest of your holidays ladies!

Last edited by Laura705 : 12-25-2012 at 02:05 PM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 03:55 PM   #209
Some days not so much

Old 12-25-2012, 04:04 PM   #210
Some days not so much

Hi ladies,

Merry Christmas to all - hope you are enjoying the day. We are having a nice quiet Christmas. Yesterday we had 1 pound lobster tails (imagine the size of that creature), baked potato and a salad by candelight dinner with fresh flowers. I turned on just the twinkle lights and with the candle light it was sooo pretty. I was able to focus all my attention on hubby for a change.

Today we are having beef tenderloin with baked potato and I haven't decided on a side dish yet. It was really nice - REALLY to just have 2 quiet days to do what we wanted. Actually yesterday I did my housework and laundry during the day because today was all about relaxing. The roast is seasoning and I'm about to put the potatoes in the oven. Tonight will be watching some of the holiday movies I recorded. It's cold cold COLD outside - minus 5 last night. Snow is twinkling, stars are extra bright in the night sky. We had several deer last night but no Rudolph's

Just wanted to pop in an wish everyone a happy day. Will try and get back later with personals.
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.