3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

It's a Worldy Chicks Winter Wonderland

Old 12-17-2012, 04:14 PM   #136

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

Just short note, I'll get to the rest later, but just had to reply to Happy

I get his points, and I will agree that gun control is not the only answer. There is a whole lot more there that people should be doing to 'persuade' their politicians that their votes are made on different issues and are not to be taken for granted over such lobbyists as the Gun people, the antiabortion lot, the religious fanatics and the downright dangerous. There is a whole lot more that those people can do to make life just that much safer for our precious little ones.
Anyway, philosophising will not solve my packing problems. I'm off to finish that and then take a anti dope pill and go to work. Hope the anti dope works.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:41 PM   #137
gettin' with the plan

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

This morning it was warm enough to not wear a jacket. This afternoon I start outside and that cold North wind was blowing, I came back in and got my jacket.
Haven't done a whole lot of work today. Trying to kill time till 7 p.m. When I work extra I do as little as possible. After today it will be 36 hours oot of 60 hours.
I've been wearing new Reeboks this week and they are uncomfortable.
Talked to my friend in Utah. She will start her journey back to Jonesboro on Sunday. Hope the snow storm above her doesn't interfere in her travel plans.
---------
Ellen
I was sleepy both yesterday and today. Must be the weather changing.

Mel
Love the graphic. It's adorable. Pooh on the post office for not sending you the stamps. I bought mine at Walmart.

Happy
Have fun at the party tonight. Hey it's okay if your not in the spirit of things. Sometimes it's a lot of trouble when you are working to put up decorations.

Shad
Hope the deal goes through and you can get your room changed to a brighter room.

Annie and Laura

Last edited by ceejay52 : 12-17-2012 at 05:43 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:53 PM   #138
Some days not so much

S/C/G: Macys Balloon/Chubbette/OK

Height: Fun Size

Well fudge balls.

The good news is that we had a very lovely Christmas party dinner tonight. Nice, intimate, good food and great conversation (and drinks). We were also given a quite generous holiday gift. The bad news is that I thought I was off tomorrow, boss thought I was off tomorrow. Co-worker thought she was off tomorrow so she stopped at the store on the way home and said it was me who was on tomorrow. So off to work I go.

I had 3 glasses of wine anyway hoping it puts me right to sleep.

Hope you all have a good sleep too. Forgive me if I wake up too sleepy to post tomorrow.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:42 AM   #139
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Morning All..

First, I must say...HAPPY...I cracked up on the fudge balls, first time I have heard that one! May have to use it around this joint. Still laughing...guess I am more tired than I thought..haha. Take her easy at work, do the minimal as possible, tell they you had a hangover from last night. Didn't realize you had to work today...Oh and I would spank Stevie's little @$$.

SHADDIE....hope work is going a bit smoother for you. Just pretend it is fun and you are happy...what is it "they" say...you are what you project. Smiles everyone!

CEEG...I have not worn a coat in a couple of days. Probably needed one, but I just hate fighting with them in the car and they get in the way at the stores and restaurants. So I suffer a few feet of coldness, I am glad in the end. Change your shoes, those evidently are not the shoes for you!

Hello to all the worldlie sista's...

Today is our Christmas pitch-in. I made the ham (that our Dr. bought), and then also made turkey enchiladas. If nothing else, it all smells delish. I got a massage (deep tissue) last night. Now my bod is kind of achy now. Hoping it resolves this muscle pain in my left shoulder and tingly sensation going down my left arm. No it is not heart or stroke, was checked out in ER a few weeks ago. It is all muscle, tension, stress related.

Gonna go grab some java and try to wake up...

Have a wonderful day all. Loves and hugs

Lap RNY 2/12/07- weightloss: 163 lbs; 306 SW; 143 CW
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:43 AM   #140
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies -

I had great difficulty falling asleep last night. I was awake until nearly midnight...making it quite annoying when the alarm went off at 4:45. I've had a lot on my mind...sadness from the finality of my marriage ending (made "real" by the finishing and signing of the paperwork), the uncertainty of my job situation, the fear of the unknown (not knowing where I'll be 6 months or a year from now - where I'll be living, working and if I'll be able to find a nice place for me and Santa). Sigh. I know these are not things I should give any thought to...no sense worrying about stuff until there's a reason to worry, and even then it does no good. I think I've just been putting most of my emotions on hold until I got the move and paperwork done...and now I get to feel them. Dammit.

Time to forget about the stress and look forward to my long-awaiting vacation visiting family and friends!

Gotta get some coffee and hunker down at the computer hopefully figuring out my code connundrums.

Much love,

Say it... shout it... believe it... "I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!"...then DO IT!

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." ~ Edwin Louis Cole

My Mini Goals:
1) Exercise 6 days per week at least 45 minutes per day
2) Every day burn at least 500 more calories than I eat
3) Goal weight for bariatric surgery (need to reach by 11/7): 224
4) Make the most of each moment

Last edited by diyana : 12-18-2012 at 01:40 PM.
diyana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:07 AM   #141
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

GOOD MORNING CHICKS.
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY.
I DID A LOT OF NOTHING YESTERDAY & FEEL BETTER FOR IT.
JEN DID THE SAME AND WE CHATTED ON THE PHONE.
NOTHING TO REPORT ON THE EAST COAST
HAPPY TUESDAY/WEDNESDAY

HAPPY.....I LOVE THE AVATAR!!! I NOTICED IT RIGHT AWAY.
TOO FUNNY. I GOOGLED CHRISTMAS CAT AND GOT THOUSANDS.
MOST OF THEM WERE REAL CATS BUT THIS ONE MADE ME LAUGH.
ALL OF THEM WERE ADORABLE.
SORRY YOU HAVE TO WORK & GLAD THE PARTY WAS SO NICE.
HOPE YOU HAD A GOOD SLEEP.
ONLY 7 MORE SLEEPS TILL CHRISTMAS
STEVIE IS TOO FUNNY. I THINK I MIGHT KNOW HIM!!!

CEEJAY....YOU REINDEER MAKES ME LAUGH EVERY MORNING TOO.
I STILL LOVE THOSE DECORATED ANTLERS.
GLAD YOU DON'T OVER DO IT ON THESE LONG DAYS.
60 HRS IS A LONG TIME.
HOPE YOUR FRIEND HAS A SAFE TRIP.
I AM LOVING THIS MILDER DECEMBER BUT MY NOSE ISN'T

ANNIE....NOW YOU MENTION FUDGE BALLS,
I WILL HAVE TO GO BACK A PAGE AND READ AGAIN!
I MUST HAVE MISSED SOMETHING.
WATCH OUT FOR THAT MUSCLE IN THE SHPOULDER/NECK.
IT CAN BE SUCH A BIOTCH. ICE IT!!! SENDING A HUG
I REMEMBER AN OLD COMMERCIAL....
"TENSION PUTS NERVES ON EDGE". I STILL USE THAT
SMELLING YOUR COOKING FIRST THING IN THE MORNING. YUM!

SHAD....HOPE THE NEW ROOMS SUITS YOU BETTER.
NO FUN WAKING UP IN THE DARK. I FACE WEST & KNOW THAT!!

MICHELLE....TIME HEALS ALL WOUNDS. HANG IN THERE.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:09 AM   #142
Happy September

Old 12-18-2012, 11:43 AM   #143
gettin' with the plan

Mel
Love, love, love the graphic. Prancer must have had one to many!!!!!I may have to steal that one for an email.

Annie
I did change shoes this morning and they are worse than the Reeboks. I'm going shoe shopping this week end.
The water department is having our Christmas dinner on Friday. I'm looking forward to it.

Happy
Glad the party went well. And your co-worker sounds like mine by sneaking in an extra day off with out warning.

Laura
Have I missed your posts?

Ellen and Ellen
I know you are a busy girls.

------
Nothing new for me. Trying to take it easy on this long stretch. At least this one was planned. I'm making an effort to get more sleep at night. But it's hard for me as I have to get the pumps and motors out of my head. And by the time I do s few things it's apst my scheduled bedtime.
Watched the last half of the Christmas Carol last night. I saw the tail end of an ice age cartoon Christmas that I'd like to watch. I may have to buy the dvd.

Last edited by ceejay52 : 12-18-2012 at 11:44 AM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:53 PM   #144
Annie - Indiana

MELLIE...love the flat tire for Santa...too cute. I guess I am just getting old as every day I find more and more aches and pains. I am sure if I were not on Cymbalta it would be worse. Blah

CEEG...Sounds like you need to go shoe shopping with LAURA. She seems to find the right fit at good prices.

CHELLE....ONE DAY AT A TIME! Do not worry about tomorrow, 6 mos from now, a year from now, it may never happen...so stay in today! Besides....isn't 12/21/12 the end of the world? lol.

Have a great afternoon/evening/night/morning...whatever it takes to make it good...Hugs all.

Old 12-18-2012, 02:55 PM   #145
Annie - Indiana

LAURA...are you ok or just busy?

Hi ELLEN! Kiddos at Christmas, I miss that!

Old 12-18-2012, 03:02 PM   #146

Hello Worldlies –

Ellen – Good job on the weight loss. How are you feeling? Is your sinus problem gone now that you’ve had the z-pack? How about your foot?

Happy – I’m glad there will be additional help at the shop. Sorry you didn’t have the 3 days off you thought you did. Bummer. I’m glad the party was nice, and that you were appreciated with a gift. I hope dh doesn’t have to live with the heart palps – it seems to happen frequently enough to be uncomfortable and alarming. Re the pizza, yes, it doesn’t rise as much – the amount of yeast used was smaller than for other items like bread. And it is the toppings that can add up quickly. Good thing I don’t like very much cheese on my pizza, and I like sausage and pepperoni, but again, not too much. The idea of more than one type of meat together on a pizza or double meat just doesn’t appeal to me at all. As the recipe advised, we actually poached the pepperoni slices for a few minutes to draw out some of the fat. Still...it's pepperoni. Not light and healthy.

Shad – Loved that firefighter photo you posted. Re the miniature rooms – yes, it was indeed a very rich woman who created them (married to a descendent of the person who founded the Montgomery Ward department stores). I can only imagine the cost of creating these rooms with so much accuracy – all the furnishings, etc being custom made for those rooms. So you’ve gotten extended for another 3 months. I hope they go better than the past couple…As Mel said – take the money and run! Good you’ll have brighter lodging for the remainder – and a view to boot! Nice. You’re right that there’s still quite a bit to get done before the holidays, but with this stuff I will be able to do it in a last minute rush, my specialty.

Mel – The Christmas menu sounds great – especially the pork. And anything in a pastry, of course. Poor Richie having to work, but the $$ will be appreciated, I’m sure. Gosh, I hope your stamps finally arrived! Glad you enjoyed the link for the miniature rooms. I find them fascinating. No more cake for you – you don’t seem to have my cast-iron stomach, haha. We went to the middle Eastern place for lunch yesterday and of course I had to pick up a piece of baklava to take home. It was actually about twice as large a piece as usual, so I shared it with bf. Glad you feel better after your “nothing day” yesterday.

Ceejay – Have you gotten your new eyeglasses yet? It’s good to know that your docs are using the latest technology. But it sure costs!! Hope you’ve found the part for your mower without too much cost or trouble. Ugh, long days and long week for you. Is it 2 days or 3 days left now? Hope they go by quickly. I can relate to you not getting to bed on time – after the long workdays you need to wind down a bit before being ready to hit the hay. Sorry your shoes are uncomfortable - and the Reeboks are new??? I hate that! Hope you find a pair that feels better – painful feet probably make the workdays feel longer than they already are. A Christmas dinner sounds nice - enjoy. I took vacation yesterday, and so I missed the holiday luncheon at the office. Oh well. I don’t post regularly over the weekends and I’ve been having a lot of long weekends lately, so you haven’t missed my posts, they’re just not there! (But I’m more than making up for it with this long post, LOL.)

Annie – Glad you enjoyed the Hobbit. Not my cup of tea…Tonight we’re seeing Hitchcock. Sounds like you’ve been keeping busy – shopping, babysitting, rock-candy-making! I think I was also originally thinking of the same recipe Happy was, but the process you described reminds of making brittle/English toffee. A massage sounds nice…maybe not quite a deep tissue one – a little too intense for me. But I sure hope yours helped your shoulder/arm. How was the pitch-in??

Michelle – Yay for the divorce paperwork being done! One thing off the list. Between that and an upcoming vacation, I’m glad it put you in a lighter mood. I bet your hair looks great. I don’t do too much with makeup and I feel like I’m in such a rut – I was thinking about going to a makeup counter and seeing what they’d do with me. Aside from trying to sell me $$$’s of products that is... Part 2: Sorry you were kept awake by worries. I’ve heard you should write them down and it supposedly helps you let them go – for a bit at least. I can definitely see how the uncertainty would make for sleepless nights.

Hellos to Patty & Java!

==
Another long weekend done and gone. Did I mention the pizza we made Thursday night turned out tasty? I’d like the crust to be a bit thinner, but it was a good first effort. Friday we cleaned and tidied & bf’s mum came over for dinner. We also took her over to see the mall’s light show. I got my out of town package shipped Saturday morning.

The tree is now up and mostly decorated. Oy, that tree is big. Not more than 7 feet tall, but very girthy. Takes up a lot of space and needs a lot of ornaments. And it’s a major hassle to push and pull through the attic access opening, and it gets a bit manhandled when it goes through that! I finally had a realization that we should be wrapping the tree (in its storage bags) in bungie (sp??) cords before we store it in the attic. The branches are hinged and this year when we set up the tree, the branches were really mangled! Probably needs more fussing and fluffing than I gave it, but it still looks good with its lights lit. I think I’m going to secretly purchase a skinnier tree for next year…

The wreath is up too, and a couple strings of lighted garland in the 3-season room. I did more shopping yesterday but still have a bit more to do…

I went to the gym on Sunday and did cardio on a treadmill, elliptical and an arc machine. Still not sure why an arc machine exists – mostly like an elliptical. Also did a good ab workout. Yesterday I went to the step class. Dog walks all weekend.

Okay, meeting coming up so I better get this behemoth posted!

Last edited by Laura705 : 12-18-2012 at 03:05 PM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:29 PM   #147
gettin' with the plan

Laura
There you are. Looks like your week end was busy.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:43 AM   #148
Happy September

GOOD MORNING CHICKS

THE BIG DAY IS GETTING CLOSER.
PEOPLE ALL AROUND ME GOING NUTS.
I THINK I SHOULD START A MEDITATION CLASS.
WE SHOULD MAKE IT MANDATORY FOR THE ENTIRE BLDG.
OR BETTER YET THE ENTIRE BUILDING STAFF
WE WERE ALL INVITED TO ANOTHER TOWN FOR A HOUSING PARTY.
THE STAFF I MEAN. I AM BOWING OUT.
IT'S AT NIGHT AND WOULD REQUIRE A BUS DRIVER TO BE ON CALL.
BESIDES...THEY ALL DRINK TO EXCESS AND get loud.
I AM JUST NOT COMFORTABLE WITH DRUNKS ON HOLIDAYS ANYMORE.

NOTHING NEW TO REPORT...OH YES....I FINALLY GOT MY STAMPS
ALL CARDS ARE IN THE MAIL.
THEY'RE GOING TO BE LATE I AM SURE.
THAT WAS ALL THE EXCITEMENT FOR YESTERDAY.
EXCEPT FOR PANICKY PEOPLE.
HAVE A GREAT DAY.

CEEJAY....WHEN I FOUND THAT GRAPHIC I CRACKED UP.
HOPE YOU GET TO FIND A NICE COMFY PAIR OF SHOES.
HOW DID THE MOWER SHOPPING GO?
AFTER THIS WORK WEEK IT WILL BE REST TIME I AM THINKING??
WE DON'T WANT YOU SNORING THRU THE HOLIDAY!

ANNIE...GETTING OLD IS NOT FOR SISSIES.
I TELL THE SENIORS THAT THEY ARE BRAVE WARRIORS!!
THEY GET A LAUGH OUT OF IT.
I FORGET OFF HAND WHY I CAN'T HAVE THE CYMBALTA.
BUT I AM GLAD IT WORKS FOR YOU
I CANNOT WAIT TILL THE HOBBIT IS ON DVD OR RENTAL ON CABLE

LAURA....WE JUST GOT RID OF A HINGED TREE FOR THE LOBBY.
THE MEN HAD MANGLED IT SO MUCH THE BRANCHES WERE FALLING DOWNWARDS!
A FEW WERE TIED UP TO THE ONE ABOVE!
A SKINNIER ONE WOULD BE GREAT.
WE SHOULD HAVE THOUGHT OF THAT HERE!
GLAD YOUR DECORATIONS ARE UP
HOW DID MOM LIKE THE LIGHTSHOW??
JEN LOVED YOUR LINK TO THE ROOMS TOO.
THE TINIEST DETAIL WAS JUST SO CUTE.
WE LOVED THE DOGGIE ON THE RUG. HA!
Old 12-19-2012, 09:42 AM   #149
gettin' with the plan

Morning
Nothing new here except after this work day today I'll have three day's off Went home last night and turned on some Christmas music then watched Charlie's Brown's Christmas.

Mel
Don't blame you for not wanting to go to the party. I don't like the loud noise anymore either. Yeah for the stamps getting there. Meditation does work. Are the brave warriors worried about the world coming to and end or just excited about Christmas?
Old 12-19-2012, 09:48 AM   #150
Annie - Indiana

Good Morning Girls..........

Believe it or not I got a full 9 hours sleep last night. Eventually I just collapse. Only woke up two times and went right back to sleep. Of course, I took 1/2 of a PM. I could of slept a little more, but had to come in to this place. Blah.

The pitch in was fabulous. I took home some of the ham, baked beans and goodies and that is what I served Curtis. I ate nothing as I was still stuffed from eating all day long. I feel and look like a cow! It is making me miserable.

MELLIE...let me know where the meditation class is, I do believe I need to attend with you also. I need something, my body is aching, my head hurts much too often, I think I need peace for this decrepit old body.

CEEG...glad to hear you are on the look out for a new pair of tennis shoes. When our feet hurt our whole demeaner is wrecked. I tell you I love my KEDS tennis shoes...they are so comfortable.

LAURA...forgot you took an extra long vacation. Glad the pizza was tasty and the decorating is done. My little 2 1/2 foot tree came out of my attic just fine..lol. Then it folds up into a 4 x 4 inch 2 1/2 foot box. So simple. You rock on the exercising...

Hello to the rest of ya's....have a marvy hump day!

Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.