Old 11-12-2012, 08:12 AM   #76  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning All....sheesh the poor victims of the explosion. Authorities are leaning toward a gas leak. Not determined as yet. Two house completely demolished. 12 others with major damages. Two deaths, one of which was a school teacher who taught 2nd grade, the other her husband. The entire neighborhood is not allowed into the addition. They are all camped out at a local church. So sad....and we think we have issues. God Blesses us in ways we do not even know.

Saw the movie Skyfall (James Bond). Loved it. IMAX theather, so it was really cool. The dude that plays the lawyer in Erin Brockavich is also in the movie. A lot heavier and bearded. I didn't realize it was him till I whispered to Curtis that guy has the same voice as the dude in Erin Brockavich. Curtis chuckled and said that is because it is him. lol He is not in the movie till about 3/4 the way into it.

I am eating the last of my garden tomatos today for brekkie and lunch. My last two. boo hoo hoo. It was a very nice weekend here in Indy, got my garden torn out. Sassy poo picked up and even wore shorts and a tank top....lil chilly but not bad.

MELLIE...are things starting to get slightly back to normal yet?

LAURA...thank you for texting and checking on us. We heard it but didn't know what it was till TV news later on.

HAPPY...the soup turned out fabulous. I had it for breakfast and then dinner last night. None left. lol.

Not much else to report....hello to all you wonderful women.

Loves and hugs,
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:53 AM   #77  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Monday already?

Sheesh! Where did the weekend go? Actually, I know where it went. Friday night and most of Saturday, I was at a co-worker's house helping him and his wife finish packing for their move to Colorado. Saturday night, I had to create and send out an email campaign for a website client. And Sunday, even though I was dead tired, I went over to the old house mostly to do laundry, but also to bring a few loads of odds and ends over to my new place. I brought Santa back with me yesterday...but took him back over this morning to spend the day with Doppler so Doppler wouldn't be lonely by himself (without Mischief). I wanted to just collapse into bed at around 5:30, but the upstairs neighbors had company over. They invited me up to join them, but I was too tired.

Work is going to remain crazy busy for awhile, which is a good thing. I've got a couple projects to finish up, some code testing to do, an code implementation on Friday night. I'm sure there's more...just repressing it right now.

My plan for the evenings this week is walking Santa (a lot), and in between walks, working on the divorce paperwork.

I don't get Black Friday off, because it's not a standard holiday and with my trip at Christmas, I didn't have enough vacation time to take it. But at least I have Thanksgiving off. My friend and I are planning on going out to a restaurant.

==================
Mel - I hope you're doing ok.

Annie - So sad about the explosion. Glad you lived far enough away.

Happy - We had temps in the mid 60s down here over the weekend. Were you warm up there? Then yesterday afternoon, it started raining a lot. It probably snow fluried overnight, but I didn't see it fall and there was none on the ground. Today the high will be in the mid 30s. I've started the Metformin and the most noticeable effect is that that I'm exhausted. Of course, that might not be the medicine but just the fact that I really overdid it this weekend.

Shad - Glad you had a nice time at home...and now it's back to the grind.

A big to Ceejay, Laura, Ellen and Patty!

Sorry for the short post.

Much love and many hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:26 AM   #78  
Annie - Indiana

We had snow for about an hour. Didn't stick but sure looked pretty coming down.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:29 AM   #79  
Creating a Healthier Me

Annie - That's the best kind of snow. The kind that looks pretty and doesn't stick. Since I'm now responsible for at least 50% of the snow shoveling/snow blowing...I'm hoping for a winter where none of the snow stays on the ground. LOL
Old 11-12-2012, 11:38 AM   #80  

Monring all. Lazing around the house on my day off. Oops, 10:01 am, guess I'm not getting to that 10 am exercise class, lol.

Mel - Sounds like no cell phone can be a good thing, if a bit inconvenient. Hope you get it fixed soon.

Shad - Hope you caught up on your sleep on the plane. The fresh bread and garden tomatoes sound delish!!

Annie - So sad about the deaths from the (probably) gas explosion. The last of my garden tomatoes are still on the windowsill, but they were soooo green they aren't doing much now but going right from green to reddish and wrinkly. But they were good while they lasted! Looking forward to seeing Skyfall.

Happy - I like Lee jeans too, and I've gotten mine at Kohl's. Is there a Lee store or outlet store or are you shopping at an online site? Gosh, too much excitement at the shop - water problems. Hope the owner gave the tenant a good talking to! Happy Freedom Day to you! We had a thunderstorm Saturday afternoon, but it stopped in time for my dogwalk. Yesterday, however, was another matter...if you watched the Bears game you know, lol.

Ceejay - Have you got a countdown to retirement calendar set up yet? I thought about the leaf mold yesterday when I was out in the yard yesterday doing cleanup.

Michelle - Just reading your post made me tired - I can only imagine how you feel! Sorry you don't get a 4-day weekend for Thanksgiving, that would have been so nice for you. But I suppose your workplace will be a bit quieter...Hope you get some nice sleep tonight to recover from the weekend!

Hellos to Patty, Ellen and Java.
---
Had my early mammo appt Sat, AM - it went okay. Not as smashing as in the past (yuk,yuk), but the tech seemed satisfied. Then my breakfast with my former co-worker. That was nice but I ate too much of the hash!

After that I went to the resale shop for a browse. No books this time - I already have too many and just need to read those and/or use the library! Oh, Happy, I'm nearly halfway through Delores Claiborne - so far I'm liking it a lot. I found a nice like-new LeSportsac purse for $10 that still sells on their site for $88! And it has all the pockets I love, lol. I also bought some Christmas decorations - four strands of wooden cranberry beads - a change from the gold garland. Also a tomato ornament, LOL!! I'll have to post a picture of it for all you tomato lovers, haha. I also bought a cardboard santa face to hang in the window and two small metal luminaria that I'll light with tealight candles.

Yesterday I got out in the yard to do some more flower bed cleanup. Glad I got that done. Gosh was it windy, but the temps were nice. Coal was loving it out there. The big excitement was that at one point I heard him bark by the front gate (thought nothing of it), and the next thing I know I see him chasing a DEER across the yard!!!! The deer leaped over the back chain link fence into the yard behind ours light as a feather - wow. That's never happened before. He must have jumped over the wood fence at the front of the house right over Coal's head!

BF and I went out for a late lunch after I'd finished outside and had showered. We stopped at Walmart after we ate and it was raining by then - we got soaked just going back to the car, and then running from the car to the houseback at home. We watched the Bears game and that was about it for Sunday.

Just taking it easy today. Want to see a movie perhaps. Never did get to Kohl's. Might do that too.

Everyone have a great day!!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:05 PM   #81  
Creating a Healthier Me

Laura - Lucky you had the day off! I love Lee jeans and slacks. I especially like the comfort-fit waistband which offers a bit of stretch. Glad your mammo appt went well. I've got to get my records transferred from my former doc to my new doc so I know when I'm due for a mammo and an annual exam. You always seem to find the best stuff at the resale shops. I wish I could find resale shops that had such neat stuff...or maybe I should just go looking more often. I'm going to take Santa for a good walk tonight, and hopefully he'll sleep well tonight (and let me sleep too). Last night, he was restless because of the party upstairs and the after-party cleanup which was a bit loud. Yesterday was a great day to work in the yard. Too funny about the deer jumping the fence into and out of your yard!! I can just see Coal chasing it! So cool! I'm glad that Coal had some fun with the chase and that the deer got out ok.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:27 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Afternoon
Laura
I love unexpected sights such as the deer. I've never seen one jump that high though. Must of been an awesome sight. Hadn't thought about a calendar countdown. It just dawned on me that as of the 27th of December it will only be 2.5 years. woot woot

Annie
I'm glad that you and your family is okay from that explosion. If it's going to snow I like the kind that melts when it hit's the ground. Maybe a dusting of snow.

Michelle
Week ends do go by to fast. However your's sounded productive.

Mel
I took advantage of Saturday's beautiful sunshine and got outside. This afternoon is nice but a bit cool. Tonight is supposed to be in the upper 20's.

Happy
I thougt about you earlier as I read that there will be a solar eclipse tomorrow. Shad may get to experience. I will be watching online.

-------
This has been a productive work day. I wanted to send the fluoride sample to the health department today but the plant didn't run as much as it normally does because of the cold front that came through. Maybe tomorrow. They said it stormed but I must of slept through it. I know I'm suffering from some hearing loss though.

Hello's to Shad, Ellen and Patty

Last edited by ceejay52; 11-12-2012 at 04:28 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:45 PM   #83  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Slept like a baby all night, wonder why.
There is supposed to be a solar eclipse today sometime, must look up when. Apparently 'the world' has flocked to Cairns as it tracks across the top end of Australia. Cairns however is cloudy with expected rain. Darwin is fine with only a bit of cloud around so it should be visible more or less. According to the boffins, Cairns will be the only ones to see totality. Here we will have 98% coverage however it will be at sunrise and much of the coverage will be below the horizon. Every man and his ute will be heading for the highest hill - of which there are very few. I live on one but I am on the wrong side of the building. I may or may not get to see much. I'll let you know.
Now the song is playing in my head. Bonnie Tyler, total eclipse of the heart.
Aaaargggh.

Annie - glad it wasn't you all blasted out and blown up. So sad for those poor people.

Ceejay - hearing loss is a real pain. I have so many stupid problems with these hearing aids. Sometimes they are too loud and sometimes they scream in my ear and they are definitely not always comfortable. Bah humbug. They are however expensive.

Happy - Hope you got some inspiration from the rocket (arugula) uses. I just use it as a salad vegetable. If left to go to seed you should never have to buy seeds or seedlings ever again. Just like Coriander (cilantro) I have it growing in the gravel paths, I have it all over the garden, it is even in the rose garden.

Laura - I would love to have seen that deer jumping the fences. Poor Coal, probably thought it was another dog to play with. I will always remember the expression on Shad the dog's face when he saw a camel train for the first time. 'Now these are bloody big playmates'.

Mel - Plane ride was okay as plane rides go. I did manage to sleep for a while until some little tot decided that screaming was the way to get permission to run amok on the plane. My fellow passenger and I were not very amused. Having said that I didn't appreciate the screaming, I must also say that the mother should not have given in either. Talk about making a rod for your back. It is good to know you are up and running again. Seems like the Governor did a good job for you. And he got on with Obama (the opposition) I do like it when politicians for once in their lives forget the party line and actually work for the people.

Michelle - good to hear that you are settling in satisfactorily. Shame that the place is a bit noisy, but thats only to be expected in apartment blocks. I'm a bit lucky in that my apartment is separated by the fire stairs from the next one, but however if I want to go out onto the balcony, I can just about chat with the neighbouring block dwellers. I get a great view of the swimming pool next door and last night there was a guy swimming naked in there. Interesting, not really. He wasn't one of Mel's firies.

Okay - better go sort out my day. It's taken a while to write this but I have been fixing peoples problems in between personals. I need to go get a coffee and something to eat, then I might feel like wandering around asking people questions about whether they are doing okay with SAP. Not that they will tell me otherwise, I need to bully them into letting me see where they are at. It is a real pain.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:38 AM   #84  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

GOOD MORNING CHICKS. THOUGHT WE COULD ALL USE A HUG.

PRAYING THEY FED EX ME A PHONE SOON.
NOT SURE ONE WAS EVEN ORDERED.
NOT SURE THE BOSS IS EVEN COMING IN TODAY
THIS IS QUITE AN INCONVENIENCE WITH THE DOORBELL & HOME PHONE.
WHAT ELSE IS NEW?

JEN CAME FOR A VISIT. I CAN'T EVEN TIE UP MY OWN PHONE!
MY PHONE IS NOT ONLY FOR ALARMS BUT ALSO MY DOORBELL.
THAT WAS THE NEW SYSTEM INSTALLED ABOUT 2 + YEARS AGO.
I HATE IT
BUT IT WAS A QUIET DAY WITH HARDLY ANY ALARMS.
LOTS OF RAIN LAST NIGHT & TODAY.
I AM GOING TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE CLOUDY WEATHER.
THE SENIORS WILL SLEEP & IT WILL BE QUIET.
WROTE & DROPPED OFF THE REPORTS LAST NIGHT.
TIME FOR BREKKIE.....THINKING OF SHADDIE'S TOMATOE SANDWICHES.
BUT NOT TOMATOES MAYBE GRILLED CHEESE!
HAPPY TUESDAY/WEDNESDAY.

HAPPY.....I THINK I MISSED A POST BY YOU.
LET ME POST THIS AND GO LOOK....

SHAD.....YES THE GOVERNOR DID A GREAT JOB.
THERE IS STILL SO MUCH TO DO. WORK WILL TAKE AGES.TOO BAD ABOUT THE SMALL TOT. WE HAD ONE ONCE.
GOD HOW HE SCREAMED & CARRIED ON. NOT NICE AT ALL.
HOPE THE JOB THIS WEEK GOES WELL

CEEJAY....20 DEGREES??? YIKES
DANG I HOPE IT WARMS UP FOR YOU GUYS DOWN THERE.
DOESN'T MOTHER NATURE KNOW YOU'RE IN THE SOUTH????
IT WAS GORGEOUS YESTERDAY AND GALD WE BOTH GOT OUTSIDE.
HOPE THE SAMP[LE IS A GOOD ONE WHEN IT OGES OUT!

LAURA...I WOULD HAVE LOVED TO SEE COAL CHASING THE DEER!!
OMG!!! TOO FUNNY!! BUT IT MUST HAVE BEEN A SHOCK FOR ALL 3 OF YOU!
THOSE WERE SOME NICE FINDS AT THE STORE.
I AM JEALOUS OF YOU XMAS SHOPPING
BUT I DID GO THRU A BOX OF ORNAMENTS YESTERDAY!

ANNIE....SEND THE WHITE STUFF HERE.
ALL WE GOT AGAIN IS RAIN ALL NIGHT & TODAY.
LIKE WE'RE NOT WET ENOUGH
THAT EXPLOSION WAS SUCH A SAD STORY. THOSE POOR FAMILIES.
SYMPATHIES FOR ALL THE LOSES.

MICHELLE....BEEN MEANING TO ASK HOW THE VEB CLIENT WORK WAS GOING.
GLAD TO HEAR YOU HAD A CUSTOMER.
YOU MUST BE TIRED WITH ALL YOU DID THIS WEEKEND.
GOOD LUCK THIS WEEK WITH THE PROJECTS.

Last edited by MELODY525; 11-13-2012 at 07:39 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:01 AM   #85  
Annie - Indiana

Tuesday...hmmmmm....another day....at this wretched place. I know, Annie, it is a job, sort of, be glad I have one. blah blah blah

My friend here, Amy, is escaping. Her last day is the 23rd. She is in finance. Same pay, only she will get yearly bonuses and also a signing on bonus. So actually better pay. AND much better insurance. Go figure.

Having lunch with a former co-worker today at Don Pablo's. I am looking forward to the company and the mexican food. Oink oink.

Last night was pretty calm. Made creamed chicken and cheese sauce, then baked larger potatos. Poured the creamed chicken over the potatos. Sprinkled with chopped green onions (out of the garden that I froze). Was very tasty. Also cut up cucumbers and onions with vinegar water. YUM.

MELLIE...I know when I accidently leave my cell phone at home while at work, it drives me insane. Hope your phone comes very soon. Woke up this morning to 28 degrees. Burrrrr.

SHADDIE....I, too, think of the Bonnie Tyler song, Total Eclipse of the Heart when you go talking all that sky and star talk. lol Work getting any organized at all? If men in charge, probably not.

CEEG...hearing loss can be good at certain times. I know my G-pa used to reach up and turn his down when my G-ma went to b*tching about things. haha

LAURA...I haven't worn Lee jeans since my 20's, but thinking about going back to them. I love Levis, but they are not fitting me like they used to back in the day. All thes low waist, no waist, low cut, b*tt crack showing sizes stink.

MICHELLE...could you please PM me your new address? Thanks sister.

ELLEN....come out, come out, where ever you are.

HAPPY...Had you on my mind this morning for some reason. Hope your work day goes well, if you are working and your feet do not hurt too much. Hugs sister.

Everyone have a tremendous Tuesday....night before trash eve. lol.

Hello to all I missed

Love and hugs
Old 11-13-2012, 09:07 AM   #86  
Annie - Indiana

Good Morning Song to put a step in your day, smile on your face, and happy thoughts...take a listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1ovNZTpVcU
Old 11-13-2012, 09:33 AM   #87  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning kids,

Bopping about to Annie's song this morning - thanks for that! Just what you need to wake up.

Snowy day yesterday - cold too. But there was no wind and light snow falling - I now get what my cousin calls "being inside of a snow globe". I did enjoy my 3 days off. Wish today was number 4 guess I'm over the job thing, eh? Or maybe I just joined my sisters here saying "how many more days till I'm outta here????"

Annie - have a nice lunch with your ex-coworker. Sounds like a nice break in the day. Hope your friend's new job works out well. I can't help but remember what someone told me long ago about getting excited about a new job. "Just remember - someone's new exciting opportunity is someone else's crappy job they just left" :lol3 -it sort of puts it into perspective, eh? And I hear you about the butt crack jeans. I have a pair of Lees that are comfort waist but below the belly button. I hate them because my caboose seems to always be pulling them down. That even happens to the skinny girls. I am liking my high waist Mom jeans - especially for work where I have to bend alot. Have a good day Missy - hope there's more smiles than

Mel - I hope the doorbell rings and it's your new phone BUT if your phone is your doorbell - will the box ring or will you never know I am learning to get along without a cell phone out here - in your case it's a necessity tho. I saw you had much warmer temps than us yesterday and I was jealous. Hope you got a whiff or two of fresh air and not mold from all the water around.

Shad - thank you very much for the arugala ideas. I did not get out and pick some before it snowed yesterday - hope it will be ok. And I can tell it reseeded beyond my wildest dreams and will no doubt take over the garden box if I don't trim it back in the spring. I am going to have some later this week. I also think it will make a nice accent on sandwiches. I read the info on the solar eclipse but saw that you'll only see the partial out your way. Hope it's not cloudy. I laughed at the point about all these scientists marching in to study the effects of the eclipse on the wildlife. Well... duh... when you park 6 big ships in the water and have all these scientists milling about in what would normally be a more quiet area, don't you think this will FREAK OUT THE WILDLIFE A BIT and perhaps make them act most UNNATURAL??? geez louise

Ceejay - sometimes I think we sleep through a storm not because we didn't hear it, but it's a very peaceful sound (unless the thunder is rattling the house). Many relaxation tapes use rain as a background noise. Sounds like you needed a good sleep so I hope you woke up feeling rested.

Laura - how cool is that with the deer in your yard? Wow - that's a long way from the woods. Probably one of those if you didn't see it, you wouldn't believe it kind of things. Wonder what Coal was thinking Glad you are enjoying the book - that's certainly an oldie. Your resale shop sounds most interesting. We have one in town for the Humane Society but it's got really old, dusty junk in it. Not sure where all the rich lake cabin people send their stuff when they are done looking at it - not that I need more stuff in my place anyway. Sometimes it's just fun to look.

Michelle - your job sounds as busy as Shad. Hope you get some time to walk Santa - I'm sure he can't wait for you to walk in the door each night. Bummer that you don't get Thanksgiving off - I am working most of the week too with only Thursday off so wondering how Thanksgiving dinner is going to get cooked Would have been nice to have 4 days off, huh?

Hellos to the rest of the chicks. I should have been in the shower 20 minutes ago so I'd better get a hustle on. Have a good day ladies.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:42 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Just another work day. Woke up to frost on the windshield this morning. d

Mel
Hope your new phone comes soon.

I'm in a bit of a depressed mood. More later.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:10 PM   #89  
Creating a Healthier Me

Hi everyone -

Quick check in for me. My back is still quite sore from helping my co-worker pack/move and then moving more of my stuff. Every day the pain hits me in a new place.

Santa will be spending the daytime hours this week at the ex's house to keep Doppler company now that Mischief is gone. I went to the ex's house to take care of Doppler's meds and pick up Santa. Then took him home and we went for a walk. Will do the same tonight and tomorrow. Then since I have a late doc appt on Thursday and have to work very late on Friday, I'll leave Santa with the ex on those nights and pick him up on Saturday. I miss Santa when he's not with me at the new place...but this arrangement seems to be working out well.

DMIL is coming into town this week. It sounds like she'll be staying permanently...and the ex will go to CA in the spring to get the stuff she can't fit into a suitcase. I'll probably see her this coming weekend when I go over to pick up more stuff. Hopefully that won't be weird. We've talked a few times on the phone, and I offered to take her to see the new Twilight movie when it comes out...as she's a big Twilight fan too. Not sure we'll go see it opening weekend, but I'll get her there.

===================

Annie - I hope you have a nice lunch with your co-worker. Sending you lots of hugs, sweet sista.

Happy - I'll be thinking of you working in retail during Thanksgiving week. I don't even think I'll do any black Friday shopping before I go into work. I'm going to be seeing all the people I'd be buying Christmas presents for, and I don't want to have to ship the packages or get charged an extra luggage fee to transport them on the plane with me. So I'll probably just buy the presents when I get to CA. If there's a great deal on a not too big TV, I might get one for the 4-season room so that I can put the small one in the bedroom. But it's not a necessity and it might be better to save my money for the flights to CA for interviews and for the move.

Ceejay - Glad you had a productive day yesterday. Wow, you had a cold night last night too. It got down to the mid 20s where I live. We didn't have much frost though. Thank goodness.

Shad - I love the song "Total Eclipse of the Heart". I only have one neighbor in my duplex...and they're mostly really great and not loud at all. Just Sunday night when they had people over. Bummer that your skinny dipper wasn't a hottie.

Mel - I hope you get your phone soon, but that you don't get too many phone calls/alarms on it.

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 11-13-2012, 12:38 PM   #90  

Morning all. Back to work today and am feeling buried. Bleh. Going to the movies tonight - "Seven Psychopaths". That's about it for me.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote