The Worldlie Chicks Say "November is for New Beginnings"

You're on Page 5 of 16
Go to
  • Holy crap, thought I lost my post, but I didn't..yikes...it was all there...good thing cause I certainly couldn't do it again....don't feel like it.
  • Laura
    I'm envious of your shopping trip to Khols this week end.

Annie
    The detective thinks it's some young boys a couple of doors down. And to think I was ready to do away with mine. After this incident I'm keeping it but need to call ADT about a couple of issues.

Shad
    Did you bake the bread? The cheese and tomato sound good especially with the bread.

----------
    Talked to both my siblings this week end. My oldest sister is in California with her daughter and new grandbaby. She's gained up to 5 pounds. I'm ready for some new pictures.
    The detective came back this morning to make a flash drive of the video. I think I can go back to the recorded stuff now. I should have written that information down as the detective was showing me. I did tell him that I'd rather not anyone find out that I have it. He assured me he would not tell where he got the video.

• HAPPY WEEKEND EVERYONE.
    YESTERDAY WAS ALMOST PERFECT.
    ONE FAST TRIP DOWNSTAIRS. TEMPERS ARE STILL FLARING.
    NO ONE CAN FIND ANYTHING.
    SOME GOVT. CHECKS NOT DELIVERED YET.
    SOME MAIL GOT WET AT DIFFERENT POST OFFICES.
    THEY CANNOT BE DELIVERED UNTIL THEY ARE "DRIED OUT & SANITIZED".
    THE POST OFFICE TOLD THEIR CARRIERS TO SPREAD THE WORD.
    YOU CAN IMAGINE THE OUTCRY.
    PEOPLE REALLY ARE ANIMALS AFTER ALL

FEMA AND THE NATIONAL GUARD ARE DOING A GREAT JOB.
    HOBOKEN IS OUR NEIGHBOR & THEY GOT HIT MUCH WORSE THAN WE DID.
    ONLY A SMALL PART OF OUR TOWN IS ON THE WATERFRONT.
    THE REST IS ON THE HUDSON CLIFFS.

YESTERDAY I WATCHED TV AND PLAYED GAMES.
    BUT MOST OF THE DAY JUST SAT & WAS COMATOSE.
    I FELT BRAIN DEAD AND CAN'T THINK RIGHT.
    I THINK MY MIND SHUT DOWN...(or is temporarily on vacation)

WE GOT TO OPEN THE WINDOWS FOR A FEW MINUTES.
    VERY MILD OUTSIDE AND THE AIR SMELLED SO FRESH.

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND.

CEEJAY....SO GLAD THE COPS WILL KEEP IT A SECRET.
    AND I AM GLAD YOU HAVE THAT SYSTEM AS I SAID BEFORE.
    ALSO VERY HAPPY YOU HEARD FROM THE FAMILY.
    EVEN HAPPIER THE BABY IS GAINING
    I'M VERY HAPPY FOR YOU

LAURA...THE FINALE SOUNDED NICE. I ALWAYS WANTED TO GO TO AN AUCTION.
    BUT SOMEWHERE WE CAN BOTH AFFORD!!
    THE PUMPKIN ROLL ALSO SOUNDED DEVINE!
    SO COUNT ME IN FOR CREAM CHEESE WITH ANYTHING!!
    HAVE A NICE LUNCH & SHOP AT KOHLS!
    GOOD LUCK WITH THE MAMMO

SHAD.....THE PHONE HAS BEEN TIED UP BECAUSE MY CEL PHONE DIED.
    THE COPS & TOWN HALL ARE USING MY HOUSE PHONE # AGAIN.
    I THOUGHT THE CEL WAS FIXED AFTER THEY GAVE IT BACK TO ME
    BUT IT DIED YESTERDAY AFTERNOON FOR THE 3RD TIME.
    THE BREAKFAST SOUNDED GREAT.
    I LOVE TOMATO SANDWICHES.
    THEY MAKE ANY KIND OF BREAD TASTE GREAT

ANNIE....I AM MOVING IN WITH YOU GUYS.
    I WOULD LOVE THE MENU....BUT I MIGHT GET FAT!!!
    HAD A LAUGH AT SASSY AND THE RECLINER. TOO CUTE.
  • Happy Saturday!!

Watching the Hallmark channel at the moment...taking a break from emptying the dishwasher and folding towels. I love the C movies...not Curtis..ba ha hahahaha. Going to hit the shower and do all my errands then come home and pick poo out of the back yard, tear out my garden cruddies, enjoy the outdoors and the nice temps, then believe it or not...going to clean out my walk in closet, so maybe C can move a "very few" things in there. lol.

Ceeg..glad to hear the babe is gaining weight. I would feel a little more secure with ADT myself. I would keep it if I were you.

MELLIE...well lil Miss Sass is once again asleep in my chair AGAIN. Me thinks, she thinks she runs this house. Enjoy your weekend...just in case you make it here for dinner this evening...I am fixing grilled cheese and homemade potato cheese soup.

Hellos to everyone....have a great Saturday/Sunday.

Loves and hugs
  • Hi there ladies,

Not sure what kind of day today will bring. I woke up late, have to work today and there's a big thunderstorm moving in here. We haven't had thunder in months. However I have to drop off some orders at the post office so I'd rather it not be raining. I hope it won't be too busy at the store today.

While going through some boxes yesterday I came across several DVDs that my BIL converted home movies to. I stayed up way too late watching them. I guess I am getting old because there were so many of my relatives who have passed. It was really nice to "see them" again.
    Ok, thunder is shaking the house and it's pouring really hard outside - there are warnings of a severe storm so I'm getting off the computer. Will try and post tonight. Have a good weekend ladies.
  • Morning.
    Getting a late start today. Slept till 7.30, okay I sound like my mom.

Annie
    I agree about being outside today. I need to do some last minute outside jobs before the cold weather decides to stay for good.

Mel
    I can fully understand the stuff going on in the office. People are animals and in our town spoiled animals.

Happy
    Hope you can wait till the worse part of the storm is over before you have to leave for work. Hope your day is quiet.

-----
    I've decided to take a week's vacation the first of December. I sold back two weeks last year but will only have 16 hours to sell back this year unless I get sick. hmmmmmm.

Need to bring in the Christmas decorations. I cull through those every year and discard some more. Mostly what I have are memento's.

I have decided that I need a pcp here in town so I'm going to use the APN at the North East Arkansas clinic here. All the important stuff I'll go to Jonesboro.

I haven't seen any foot traffic come through since the detective has been asking the neighbors. Maybe the kids have gotten afraid of being caught.

Talked to my friend in Utah last night. She seems to be liking that area. It snowed big time night before last in her area.

• GOOD MORNING CHICKLETTES.
    FEELING MORE LIKE MYSELF WITH EVERY DAY.
    ALTHOUGH CLOUDY, IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE 64 DEGREES TODAY.
    I HOPE THE WEATHERMAN IS RIGHT.
    I WOULD LOVE A FEW MINUTES OUTSIDE.
    LIKE ANNIE...I AM WATCHING THE CHRISTMAS MOVIES
    SWITCHING BETWEEN THE HALLMARK & LIFETIME CHANNELS!!
    HAVE A SUPER DAY!

ANNIE...LOVED THE PLANS FOR THE DAY & THE MENU!!
    HAD A LAUGH AT FINDING SPACE FOR C'S THINGS.
    CHECK OUT THE LIFETIME CHANNEL TOO!
    CAN C TANKE ANOTHER DAY OF SAPPY HOLIDAY MOVIES???
    ROMANCE IS IN THE AIR

HAPPY....HOPE YOU MADE IT THRU THE THUNDERSTORMS.
    I SAW THE WEATHER MAP LAST NIGHT WITH LOTS OF STORMS!!
    SNOW, SLEET AND SOME HAIL TOO.
    STORMS SURROUNDED BY MILD WEATHER. VERY WEIRD. STAY SAFE

CEEJAY....A WEEK OFF IN DECEMBER IS GREAT!!
    I WANTED TO GO THRU THE CHRISTMASSY STUFF TOO. GOOD IDEA.
    MAYBE I'LL LOOK TODAY. HOPE THEY CATCH THOSE KIDS.
    THEY SHOULD HAVE THE STUFFING SCARED OUT OF THEM.
    YOU ARE SOOOO RIGHT....TOWN PEOPLE ARE SPOILED HERE TOO.
    THE DEMANDS WERE RIDICULOUS!
  • Morning
    Back to work this morning. Sigh I"m getting tired of this place but three more years and I can retire.

I got outside yesterday and wrapped the only exposed pipe. Raked some more leaves--just to have something to do outside. They were moldy and set off my allergies. When will I learn to wear a mask!!

Saw the most beautiful sunrise this morning.

More later
  • Good morning ladies,

Today is Veterans Day where we pay homage to those who have served our country (and in some cases gave their lives) to protect us and our freedoms. Thank you to everyone who has done so.

Today also marks what I will call "Freedom Day" for DH and I. It was a year ago we sped out of town and fled a (mostly) bad part of our lives for a little bit of heaven up this way. Sure doesn't seem like a year already. It's cool and wet outside - rain is supposed to turn to snow later as the temps drop down. Only a high of 25 degrees or so tomorrow. Time to pull out the Land's End down jacket.

As far as newspapers go, I read the once a week local paper because it's mostly good / neutral news and keeps me informed of what's going on. I don't watch the TV news because the stations are based in Minnesota and we just get a passing reference for things out our way. Most of my info I get is online from the Internet and I tell you, I am about to stop reading those too. Mostly because I am totally sick and tired of the ignorant comments that people are posting. GET OVER IT PEOPLE, the election is over. Some people won, some lost. Shut your trap already. Go do some good for someone in this world instead of posting slurs, rants and complaints. For example I was reading an article about volunteers who are going through some high rise buildings in NY where there are elderly and sick who are still without power and food. Now I really can't speak to what's going on in New York - what little I read does seem like the local governments are refusing federal government assistance for whatever reason but if that's the case - take the mayor and governor to task - that's not the president's fault. But people are bashing Obama and I have a feeling these are the same types who would otherwise be complaining that these "leeches of society (sick and elderly)" are just sponging off the welfare roles. Anything to complain. Just makes me so mad. Ok, I know, I know - just don't read the stuff.

I worked yesterday and as I was cleaning up and getting ready to leave, I heard the water running upstairs. (There's an apartment above the store). Water seemed to be running a long time and I heard what sounded like rain on the ceiling. This was odd because there's another floor above our ceiling. Then I realized that's not rain, that's water leaking on the ceiling tiles from the floor above I suspect the tenant ran water for the bathtub and got distracted. The tick, tick of water hitting the ceiling tiles got more intense and I was about to run upstairs and bang on the door when I heard footsteps running and the water shut off. About 30 seconds later a big splash of water came through the tiles and dumped all over the floor. Good thing I had moved or I would have gotten a shower I didn't need. I mopped the floor quickly and called the owners. Then I had to take my shoes off and finish up in stocking feet because the wet tile is SUPER slippery - like walking on ice. Fortunately it was only about a bucket or two's worth of water that fell through but it did take me about a half hour longer to clean up. I got home, DH had made some meatballs and Italian sausage in the crockpot with a batch of the fresh tomatoes I roasted earlier this summer with onions and garlic and froze. He added some bell peppers - red and green. We had sandwiches - tonight will be spaghetti. I was really tired afterwards and decided to go to sleep at 9pm - odd for me. Didn't really sleep that well even after going to bed early. Today I have laundry to do and some grocery shopping - hoping to convince DH to come with me although he is tired and feeling poorly with the change in weather.

Going to post this so I don't lose it then on to personals.
  • Ceejay - 2 things that are really different in the south - I've never seen it rain as hard as it does down there and the second is the most incredible sunrises / sunsets. Glad you got to enjoy one. I would think with the long work schedules you have that you'd want to take the time off to enjoy your vacations (even if you stay at home) rather than sell back the time. Heck, when I was working I asked if we could buy more time off

Mel - I'm jealous. 64 degrees. I guess we are getting the far end of Burto or whatever that winter storm is west of here. At least it's not a Sandy! Glad you are warm and dry and back to some semblance of normal. Enjoy your movies and a chance to smile and feel sappy before the seniors start banging down your door. OMG those people can be so crotchety I had to smile at the commotion with the mail - my Mom is having a FIT because we opted to forward her mail to my sister's while she was visiting us and of course it's screwed up and they are still not delivering it properly (turns out it was the fault of her ditzy mailman, not my poor sister). I see my Mom's reaction to things and multiply it by 100 and think "that's Mel's life". I can't hug you enough...

Annie - how did your soup come out? I have some extra potatoes - thinking of making a pot of that soup too. Poor C is he living out of a box because you have the closets filled? I have laugh - DH has about 3 feet of closet space - everything else is MINE. Oh wait - I did give him the hanging space in the guitar room but the floor space is about 50/50 his stuff and mine. Of course Sassy runs the house - why would you think differently? That's why they melt your heart so that you don't notice them taking over

Shad - I am so in envy of you with a fresh loaf of bread and a garden tomato. How wonderful is that? Been meaning to ask you - what do you do with rocket? Do you make a salad with it or just add it to sandwiches as a peppery garnish? What sort of dressing do you use? I have a great patch in the garden that is loving this cool weather. Not sure if it will get all wet and gooey once the snow's hit so I want to use it up - just not sure what to do with it - all I've been doing so far is plucking it and eating it right from the garden. As to your question about an open house - no, it's not like zombies wandering the grounds although that would be fun. Basically it's an informal get together. One often has nibbly finger type snacky foods and drinks and you invite people to stop by between the hours of 2 and 6 for example. It's not a set hour, just an opportunity to get together. People often do these over the holidays as a chance to see each other without committing a whole evening to the deal. It does however seem like minimal effort in the host's mind and a pretty big deal of work and preparation for the hostess if you know what I mean.

Michelle - I'm very sorry to hear about Mischief. You have to remind yourself that you did give the pup a very good life. I imagine it's going to be an adjustment for Doppler and Santa to get used to being in a group setting to each being the top dog now. At least they can visit with each other. Hope you are settled into the new place.

Laura - I actually like Lee jeans. Got them at Kohls at first but I have shopped the sales at Lee which are just as good as Kohls. DH likes the men's fit too. I second Mel's opinion that I'd eat anything with cream cheese The cake roll sounds delish - I'd just be scared of trying to roll the thing I hear you on the fund raiser. We had one of those too - it was put together by the wives of the upper management and we figured out after a while that they were the ones who bid on the stuff because it was either too high end (sky box at the local sporting arena for $3500) or it was junk the regular folk just weren't interested in. They definitely could have made more money if they appealed to a wider audience. I could use a bit of your mindset to get rid of stuff I don't need any more. Actually right now my hobby room is staged with stuff that I need to sell or give away. I don't think a Craig's list works as well up this way so I will probably wait until the summer folk return and do a garage sale. I did notice one of the local radio stations has a swap shop where you can advertise some of the bigger things - need to check into that. As for work, I'm not sure what's going to happen. My coworker is leaving for college in January. There's not going to be much business at all between January and April except for one or two events. Business is dependent on snowmobilers so if we don't get snow, I don't see her opening the store much. I think she likes the fact that with us available, it frees her to be able to do some personal things herself - it's just soooo boring sitting there with nothing to do. We'll see. And there certainly won't be anything in the way of other jobs available here until summer season - lots of places close up for the winter. I'd rather sit at home when it's snowy out anyway Have you started reading Dolores Claiborne yet?

I think I'm going to look up a few recipes and make a meal plan and grocery list.

Hellos to Java, Ellen and Patty
  • Hey Annie - heard a news blurb about home explosions in Indy - hope all is okay w/ you & you family!
  • Heard from Annie via text- they're fine. Happened about 10 mi away.

Out in yard for cleanup. Windy day!!
  • Morning y'all,
    Short post since I am once again about to board and aeroplane and go back to Darwin. A little short on sleep since I had the DS2 and G/F over for dinner and by the time I had packed the leftovers up and given them some garden produce, cleaned up and gone to bed it was time to get up again and watch my beloved footy team beat the living daylights out of Scotland after which I went back to bed to grab a few more zzzzzzs. As per normal after the excitement of a match it was hard to get back to sleep so I am running on something like 2 hours sleep all up. Guess I will be sleeping on the plane huh?

Happy - Rocket can be used in salads with other types of leaves, it can be put in sandwiches, it is eaten raw and if you want to dress it, just use a light oil and lemon juice with herbs or maybe even just the lemon juice. Don't over load it with the dressing or it will wilt. I have never cooked it. It goes just fine with feta cheese, grilled mushrooms with garlic and a little chilli and the above dressing and served immediately. I have friends who kill for the stuff.

Okay - time to move again. Back sometime tonight.
  • Glad you are ok Annie - thanks for the update Laura. Just saw a picture of the neighborhood. That is unbelievable. Wonder what could have caused that - the house is blown to smithereens.
  • GOOD MORNING

I CANNOT BELIEVE I MISSED VETERANS AND REMEMBRANCE DAY.
    FOR SOME REASON I THOUGHT THEY WERE BOTH ON THE 12TH.
    MISS HAPPPY...THANKS FOR THE REMINDER.
    I BET THE SENIORS MISSED ME DECORATING THE ELEVATOR.
    NOTHING MUCH NEW HERE. MEDICAL ALARMS AND SMOKE ALARMS.
    WENT OUTSIDE FOR A BIT BUT TOO COLD TO JUST SIT AROUND.
    ALSO...HAD NO PHONE WITH ME FOR EMERGENCIES.
    AND I HAD TO CALL THE COPS AND TELL THEM WHERE I WAS. PITA.
    SIMPLER TO JUST STAY INDOORS TILL I GET MY CELL FIXED.
    HAVE A GREAT DAY.

HAPPY.....THANKS AGAIN FOR THE REMINDER ABOUT THE VETS.
    I WILL THINK OF THEM TODAY.
    YOU CRACKED ME UP WITH MOM'S MAIL AND THE TIMES 100. ROFLMAO
    I AM NOW WONDERING IF I WILL BE BOTH THE SOLUTION & THE PROBLEM AS I AGE.
    NOW THAT WOULD BE A HOOT!! THANKS FOR THE HUGS
    SOME OF THE STORMS LOOKED TO BE FEROCIOUS.
    GLAD IT WASN'T ONE ON TOP OF YOUR AREA.
    WHILE YOU'RE MEAL PLANNING...THINK OF ME.
    THERE IS TOO MUCH NOISE NEAR ANNIE'S HOUSE.
    MIGHT BE SAFER IF ANNIE & I WENT TO YOUR HOUSE AND STAYED

ANNIE....I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE NEAR AN EXPLOSION.
    I AM GLAD THAT LAURA FILLED US IN AND YOU ARE ALL OK
    PLEASE STAY SAFE & SOUND OUT THERE!!
    I WILL HAVE TO WATCH THE NEWS TO SEE WTF IS GOING ON OUT THERE.

CEEJAY....YOU SOUND JUST .IKE MY FRIEND.
    SHE HAS THREE MORE YEARS TO GO ALSO...OR ABOUT 3.
    SHE'S COUNTING THE DAYS TILL RETIREMENT
    HOPE THE ALLERGIES ARE OK.

LAURA....THANKS FOR THE ANNIE REPORT.
    I THOUGHT IT WAS A STORM TILL I READ YOUR POST.
    LOOKS LIKE WE WERE ALL OUTSIDE FOR A BIT.

SHAD....I ALMOST CALLED YOU FROM THE OFFICE YESTERDAY.
    BUT WAS AFRAID OF GETTING INTO TROUBLE
    I COULD HAVE TOLD THEM THAT IT WAS MY SALARY FOR 2 WEEKS!
    BUT I WAS VOLUNTEERING FOR THE TOWN AND NOT HOUSING.
    SAFE TRAVELS LIL' SIS
    CONGRATS ON THE FOOTY WIN!!
    HOW WAS THE PLAN RIDE??? Zzzzzzzzzzzz