Old 11-24-2012, 07:44 AM   #181  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

The other day Jen and I took a ride down the street.
We noticed most of the big trees on the corners were bare.
But the ones sheltered in the middle of the blocks were gorgeous.
We came home & found a beautiful maple tree behind me still had it's leaves on.
What a gorgeous reddish orange and so bright.
So some things survived the storms and even the snow.

Had a lovely chat with Shad. We always set my world back on it's feet.
Gives me back my perspective & my sense of humor
Before that Jen & I had a visit and ate more turkey.

Today is TV & some decoration sorting.
Jen picked over a box but we just don't use the stuff anymore.
More goodies for the Seniors to pick over now.
Having a great weekend and hoping you all are too.

Happy....I love homemade cranberry sauce.
Jen & I used to do that when she was a youngster.
She got a recipe in school & it always amazed her that we could duplicate it
Your dinner sounded nice and the short sleeves too!!
:snow: Now you have a white weekend????
Send it here where it will be appreciated!!
Hope the appt went well for the DH

Miohelle....I am glad to hear that things go well when at the house.
Packing & watching football?? pies??? What's going on???
Inquiring minds need to know these things
I bet the dog is adorable. They are too cute to watch.
Hope your back is resting up a wee bit too.

Ceejay.... Home! How was the trip?
It must have been nice to find Grandma's grave.
Did you have a nice chat??
I used to do that when I went to the graves.

Patty....Awwww.... we love you too
Hope Maximo treats you kindly this week.
Better rest up when you can.
Seems like a lot of changes going on before the New Year

Last edited by MELODY525; 11-24-2012 at 07:45 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:49 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Mel
The fall colors here were later this year but they have been gorgeous, especially the deep dark yellows and reds.
I would like to go back to that cemetery to look some more. My grandmothers dad is buried there too. But there were so many headstones that had been weathered and back then the names and dates were merely carved into the stone that they have faded.

------
I've had the last of the chicken and dressing for lunch. And now am making a pot of veggie soup. A bit later I'm making a meatloaf.

There is no excuses now not to exercise. I've gotten two new dvd's to try, one is a Biggest Loser and the other one is from Sunshine. I hope I can keep up. And I will meditate today.
I wanted to rake the leaves again but it's to chilly outside. The sun is deceiving. The little bit of wind is from the North. It's around 40 degrees today.

Have a good day.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:59 PM   #183  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hey girls...just been busy with family (brother from Illinois, really try to make an effort with him since we do not see eye to eye) Met him for breakfat the took his adopted daughter shopping on black Friday...blah...refused to stand in lines, so if it didn't go really quick,,too bad. lol Ended up getting a couple of gifts out of the way.

Didn't do much today but watch the Hallmark channel, did make it to the grocery and got the channel 13 cookbood for chariety. Got one for DD and new DIL for Christmas, and of course one for me.

Sassy has been amazing with all the excitement. Took her to TG at my bro's house and she was so sweet to all and did her business outside. Everyone was impressed with her and wanted to keep her...um NOOOO. Too bad people do not realize that IF you work with a puppy, THEY WILL DO WANT YOU WANT THEM TO!...duh....

Today's menu is lasagan (new recipe) that does not include ricotta cheese that tastes so nasty...Instead cream cheese..YUM We shall see. Also made a pan of it for my DD and fam. Serving ghetto garlic bread and salad for dinner...come one come all serving about 6 pm.

Hello everyone..have a beautiful Saturday...SHaddie...a wonderful Sunday...

Loves and hugs.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:12 PM   #184  

Height: 5'5"

Hello ladies, I am just checking in. I am so out of my normal routine, so I forget to check in. I am hanging in there, busy as usuall, this week was super busy with the holiday and such.

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving and if you went Shopping you were safe.

Luv and hugs ladies.
upswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:49 PM   #185  

Hi Ellen, Maybe things will slow down after the first of the year.

Annie
Of course Sassy was good. She's had an excellent trainer.

------
Made my soup for tomorrow but didn't have time to bake the meat loaf. Will do that tomorrow night after work. I did the new Sunshine exercise video and I did meditate. I'm finally getting back into my routine.
Old 11-25-2012, 01:15 AM   #186  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Afternoon all,
I'm hot and tired and filthy and I need to shower before going to the DS2's house for dinner (and see Sunday)
I've been out in the garden early this morning and weeded and watered and harvested some corn and tomatoes to take back with me. Better get something out of my hard work hey?
DS2 came over yesterday and took his desk away. Apparently he and the girlfriend are at loggerheads over the mess on the dining room table where she has had to work until now. So the desk is a peace offering I guess. Tonight I will take over the swivel chair and the bits of the desk missing - like the keyboard tray.
I went to dinner last night with my friend Chris (down the road Chris) and her husband (ex chef) and her mother (Welsh foodie). Mum and I got into a 'discussion' about the Welsh/ All Black game last night. I rung her this morning and told her that the Welsh won the singing competition. They didn't win the rugby.

Mel - good to chat with you yesterday. Between that and last nights dinner, I feel halfway normal again.

Happy - I love cranberry sauce and fresh must be even better. I like it on Chicken as well.

Michelle - glad you and the ex are getting on so well. Hope you have all the divorce papers sorted now. If you need help from the ex threaten to list the lot as yours. That'll sort things out quickly. Don't tell me you don't have a laundry in this new place. I would have thought a washing machine was a necessity.

Annie - good to hear things are going well for you as well. Great to spend time with the entire family. If we can't love our family and rely on them, and they can't love and rely on us, we don't have much.

And that is about it for today. I need to shower but first, I need to finish up outside and close up the shed and lock up the gate. Then bring in the laundry and fold it and put it away. After dinner it will be time to think about going to the airport again tomorrow and what I need to take back. Hopefully not much and I should be bringing things home, not taking them away.

Hellos to Ceejay, Ellen, Patty, Laura and anyone else I may have missed.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:19 AM   #187  
Happy September

HAPPY SUNDAY CHICKS

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IS NEW.
NO ALARMS.
JUST PEACE & QUIET.
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY.

CEEJAY....HOW GREAT IT WOULD BE IF YOU FOUND HIS GRAVE TOO.
BUT I GUESS IT'S PROBABLY WORN OFF LIKE YOU SAID.
OLD CEMETARIES ARE VERY INTERESTING TO ME.
I AM READY FOR YOUR MEATLOAF
VERY GLAD TO HEAR YOU'RE GETTING INTO A ROUTINE.
I FIND IT REALLY HELPS GET THRU THE WINTER MONTHS.
THE BIGGEST LOSER BEGINS SOON!!
YOU CAN DO YOUR EXERCISE & WATCH BOB!!

ANNIE....SASSY IS AN AWARD WINNER FOR SURE!!
HAVEN'T HAD LASAGNA IN A LONG TIME.
KEEP US POSTED ON USING CREAM CHEESE. I LOVE RICOTTA....LOL

SHAD.....HAD A LAUGH AT THE DESK....PEACE OFFERING
THANK GOD I LIVE ALONE!!!
GLAD YOU GOT SOME VEGGIES TO TAKE.
PRAYING YOUR WEEK WILL GO BETTER THAN THEY HAVE BEEN
THIS MONTH WILL FLY BY....I PROMISE.
IT USUALLY DOES AND THEN CHRISTMAS AND THE JOB WILL BOTH BE OVER

ELLEN...HAPPY THANKSGIVING LATE.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:34 AM   #188  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning chicks,

I swear I don't know one day from the other. If it wasn't for an automatic date on the computer I wouldn't have a clue. Worked last night until 7pm - was not worth staying open later in the evening so we'll see how long that lasts. We picked up hot dogs for dinner from the great hot dog place across the street that is about to close for the season so we had a quick and light dinner. I talked with DH, got on the computer for a bit and then we both toasted each other with a spoonful of cold medicine to help us sleep and went off to bed. I got a good solid 8 hours of sleep and feel so much better. I have to work again today but I'm hoping for an early out. It has been lightly snowing for 2 days now - I'd say we have a good 5 inches of snow at least. Winter is here. But it does look kind of pretty.

Mel - what a lovely find to discover a tree still in color. Hope you enjoyed it before the wind blew the leaves away. Nice that things are quiet in the building. Have you gotten all your decorations up? How nice of that man to have his daughter send over a nice Thanksgiving dinner for you. Had to be a bit teary with him gone and all that. But a wonderful gesture. Nice to know not everyone in the world has gone selfish or "troppo"

Shad - so was that DS' desk to take in the first place or is he snatching your furniture when you're not there? So they have taken Sunday to stay with them while you are away? I hope they don't mind cat hair How nice that you got to take some garden vegetables back with you - I'd substitute clothes in the bag for fresh tomatoes any day Hope you had a nice dinner. If you like cranberries you need to come visit in the autumn. Apparently rice and cranberries are big crops out this way. But I'll throw a bag in the freezer for you just in case you decide to visit in the summer.

Patty - happy early birthday for tomorrow. Sounds like work has you really really busy. Take time to enjoy some cake and a nice dinner.

Hi Ellen

Ceejay - I'll take a chunk umm I mean piece of that meatloaf too Sounds like you are getting back in a good routine with yourself. I'm glad you were able to find your grandmother's grave. I think old cemetaries are pretty cool too.

Annie - dinner sounded delicious. How did the new lasagna come out? DH does not like ricotta so I might try that although he only likes cream cheese on a bagel but I think cc is wonderful on anything. You are so right about training dogs. I've never had one BUT I do know people who work with them and consistently say that like anything, you have to have a few basics and it makes the whole experience much more enjoyable. Glad that Sassy is being a good little girl. Good luck with the brother, hope you can have a good visit.

Michelle - it's good that the ex is being accomodating. I think one of the handiest things we take for granted is having laundry facilities in the house. When we rented an apartment when we first moved to TN, one of the big deciding factors on a place was having a washer in the unit or having laundry facilities on the grounds. So I'm glad that Santa can have a visit with his brothers and you can get the tidy whiteys done Won't be long before you'll be heading west to see your family. How exciting after all the stress of this year so far.

Laura - hope you are enjoying a long weekend and relaxing or shopping or doing whatever you want to. That's what a long weekend's all about.

Time for me to get ready for work. Have a good Sunday all...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:36 AM   #189  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Oh Mel your "signature" reminded me of some of my favorite cartoons ever - Calvin and Hobbes - when he made all the snowmen in various poses
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:49 AM   #190  

Morning
It's back to work for me today. So far so good and I hope it stays that way.

Mel
Woo hoo on no alarms. I'll be watching the Biggest Loser this year. I like to see how others accomplish their weight loss, but what these guys go through is beyond rough. I'll have to do the dvd separately from the show.

Shad
Ah, fresh veggies from the garden. Has Sunday forgotten you?

------
I'm counting them down. Work 4 days this week and then I'm on vacation.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:56 AM   #191  

Happy
You snuck in on me. Wow 5 inches of snow already. I need to make myself go to bed. Maybe I should get some Nyquilzzzzzz.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:10 PM   #192  

Morning all.

Ceejay - Hope your workday is quiet. Nice to have more vacation time to look forward to! Good to get into a routine - once it's established, it's so much easier to maintain. Congrats on finding your gm's grave. I saw some really old headstones when we vacationed in Boston in 1995 - many were really difficult to make out.

Happy - Wow, that's a good amount of snow. A bit early for me. We had a dusting a couple weeks back and I didn't like that, short-lived as it was. I prefer no snow until December! Sorry the longer shop hours weren't worth it and you were stuck there. After today, will you be off for several days now? Yum, fresh cranberry sauce! My mother, who doesn't like cooking, actually likes making that, LOL. I have some cranberries stashed in the freezer. Need to decide what I want to do with them. Bf never seems enthused about some of the cranberry recipes that appeal to me, so I guess I'll go with what I want.

Mel - Glad all was quiet yesterday. Sounds like your Thanksgiving was filled with people thanking your for all your hard work and kindness. How nice that it comes back to you. Love the Calvin and Hobbes in your signature! Loved that cartoon. Right now my favorite is Mutts. I'm loving the Hallmark channel these days too. I'm missing some of the new movies, but I'm sure I'll get a chance to catch up in the next month, or there's always next year, LOL.

Shad - I'm glad you'll have a chance to enjoy the fruits of your labor! Smart DS hauling the desk over for the gf to use. Bf currently has his laptop set up on the dining room table and I alternate between wanting to hide it and hold it for ransom or feeling justified in leaving parts of the newspaper sitting on the table for my convenience. Maybe when I finally find a nice bowl to display my fake fruit collection I'll get around to making the DR table a no laptop, no newspaper, no junk zone, heehee.

Ellen - Hello stranger! I too am out of my normal routine - feels like Saturday again. Hmmm. Hope your holiday was happy.

Annie - Awww, I'm sure everyone wanted to keep little Sassy, of course, after you've done all the hard work!!! I feel like at least 75% of the pet owners don't put in the effort with their pets and hence their frustration with undesired behaviors. It takes a lot of work and it never ends, but it's soooo worth it!!! Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend, except for the shopping, lol. Let us know how the cream cheese lasagna recipe goes - I'm a fan of ricotta myself.

Michelle - Your Thanksgiving dinner sounded nice - and no cleanup afterwards! Hope your Friday at work was quiet and you got to leave a bit early. So nice that all the poochies get along. Bummer you don't have laundry in your apartment, but nice that you can save your quarters and do it at the house. My mom has a small shop vac and she loves it too! Bf and I are in a vacuum cleaner quandary - we have a fancy upright we've abandoned because it's heavy, and our older one is okay, but it's sometimes balky to push even though the belt was recently replaced. I'm just glad we really only have some area rugs to deal with and not a house full of wall-to-wall carpet.

Patty - You sound like you're busy as heck and all over the place these days with the Maximo project. Glad you enjoyed the holiday as a mini-break from the craziness. Yes, we have to be thankful for gainful employment in spite of the craziness.

==
My Thanksgiving was nice. Bf's brother's in-laws are nice people and we enjoy seeing them. Big crowd though - about 20, and when there are little ones in the mix, the noise level gets crazy. We both thoroughly enjoyed the peace of our drive home, LOL.

My pumpkin roll turned out well, but there were so darn many desserts at the gathering that I probably could have reserved half of the roll at home for a future event, like my upcoming book club. Oh well, we took home a section and so I'll get to enjoy another slice or two.

Friday was when the cold weather came in, with gusty winds to boot - brrr. Had to hold onto the car door handle firmly or it blew open and into the car parked next to you in the parking lot. No, we didn't shop - just stopped at the hardware store to get one of those christmas light detector/repair thingies. After Turkey Day, I was in the mood for some red meat, so we picked up some steak burritos from the place that doesn't bother with beans, lettuce, sour cream, etc. - just steak, a bit of cheese and cilantro. Yum. Rest of the day was low key, i.e, some laundry loads and Hallmark channel, haha.

Saturday I went to the 9 am circuit class, then showered and went to my hair appointment. Right after that was lunch with my friend D at the Schaumburg Lou Malnati's. We each ordered our own small so we could take home leftovers. Bf probably would have been very disappointed if I'd come home with just a slice, LOL.

I'd planned to hop over to a holiday bazaar being held down the road from the restaurant, but by the time we finished lunch, the bazaar was closing for the day. Instead I stopped on the way home at a Tuesday Morning near the house and found a couple ornaments worthy of the book club ornament exchange (one even has a bit of a tie-in to the book club book we just read)... and a couple more for myself, lol. I just love Christmas ornaments. But Mel - you've got a good idea - I always have stuff in my Christmas decoration boxes that just stays in the boxes year after year that I don't use and that I don't have any particular sentimental feelings for, and so I should sorth through it and donate that stuff. But I'm not just ready yet to go up to the attic and drag down any boxes, so that might be a donation for 2013...

We watched the 2007 movie "Hot Fuzz" last night - a British comedy. Very funny.

Today I've been lazing around with the newspaper and I also unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher and got that going. Nothing much planned for today except some errands - several things to get a Walmart.

Tomorrow is a vacation day for me and we'll get together with bf's mum to have lunch and go to a movie. Perhaps Skyfall or Argo. Also finally decided to join the no-frills gym near the house. I missed a $10 joining fee special about a week ago, but bf talked to the manager so I can get it when I go in tomorrow. Then it's just $10/month. No contract, and it'll supplement whatever classes I take at the park district's rec plex.

Well, that's about it, and what a novel of a post.

Enjoy what's left of your weekend! TTFN!

Last edited by Laura705; 11-25-2012 at 12:15 PM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:28 PM   #193  
Happy September

MONDAY IS PATTY'S BIRTHDAY!!
DON'T WANT TO MISS IT.
I MIGHT BE WORKING.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PATTY!!
WISHING YOU ALL THE BEST FOR YOUR COMING NEW YEAR!

Last edited by MELODY525; 11-25-2012 at 12:28 PM.
Old 11-25-2012, 01:56 PM   #194  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Trying to say happy birthday to Pattie. Site seems to be doing some funny things.
But anyway. back later to try to fancy this up
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:20 PM   #195  

Hello Ladies,

The weekend was to short and I even took a extra day off on wednesday. Family is all gone home now. My niece and her boyfriend stayed at my house. Trying to get the tree up now and some Christmas decorations. I will be out of town this week and next so my days are limited.

Thank you for the Birthday wishes. I can't believe I"m another year older. We celebrated my birthday on Thursday and today I went to my mom and dad's for her famous enchiladas..(my favorite).
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote