3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Fall into October with the Worldly Chicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/267215-fall-into-october-worldly-chicks.html)

MELODY525 10-02-2012 07:58 AM

http://www.hallmarkchannel.com/Dataf...m-Oct1-mod.jpg

YIPPEE!! THERE IS A BRAND NEW GOOD WITCH MOVIE COMING ON THIS MONTH!!! I LOVE THEM!! THANKS ANNIE!!!!
NOW TO FIND THE CHRISTMAS SCHEDULE:hohoho:

**** OMG!! IT'S A GOOD WITCH'S MARATHON THAT DAY!!!
LAURA....GET OUT THE VCR TAPES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol3: :lol3:

diyana 10-02-2012 08:32 AM

Hi everyone -

Happy belated birthday to Curtis!! Happy non-birthdays to everyone else.

My own personal thread title that I came up with yesterday...but too late to suggest it...is "Optimistic that October will be Outstanding (or at least better than September)".

September was h*ll; no other way to describe it. The challenge for October is that I have to be in the house to pack my belongings to prepare to move into my new place first weekend in November....but it gets "tense" when we are both there. I'm staying at a friends for a couple days right now.

Just a quick note to Ceejay....I think it's cool that you found a horny toad! My ex and I have two bearded dragon lizards that look a little like horny toads, but they are longer. Of course they are kept in tanks. I think it would be cool to find a lizard like that in the wild....not sure about in your basement though. :rofl:

Sorry I'm so far behind on personals. I'll try and catch up.

Much love and appreciation,

annie175 10-02-2012 08:38 AM

Good Tuesday Morning Lovely Ladies.....

Last night was peaceful. C wanted grilled hotdogs and leftover potato salad. Easy enough. I ate a weight watchers dinner as I do not like hot dogs, not that they taste all that bad, I just cannot get over the thought of all the parts and pieces that are in them. YUK! I am not a huge meat fan anyway...we watched an episode of Stargate Alantis (C has the entire 10 seasons of Stargate and the entire 5 seasons of Stargate Alantis) Thank God we are on the 5th season of Alantis...now we can move on to something else. He is wanting to start watching the Smallville series. I got him season 1 for his birthday. (Superman themed)...I am not a big fan of it but will try to get through it. I got me some Patty Duke and Doris Day DVDs. Sam wanted Grease for her birthday so I got that and am saving it till her bd in November. C went to bed at 8, I stayed up til 10 watching silly comedies and playing with Miss Sass!

MELLIE....the C movies do not start on the Hallmark channel til Nov. 9...but that will be here before we know it. Time is going way to fast for me. Just pray for the idiots is all we can do. Usually when they criticize others they are trying to hide their shortcomings.

CEEG...Good for you for standing up for yourself...you are the one that is the most important to take care of, especially your health. Hugs

LAURA...I hear you on people that belittle you. Like I told MELLIE...just pray for them and stay far away from them until they see the light. You are too good of a person to put up with crap like that.

Missing our HAPPY! Come home and post to us sister!

HELLO's to SHADDIE, CHELLE, PATTY and all the rest of the lurkers...

Have a marvelous Tuesday/Wednesday..

Loves and hugs...

annie175 10-02-2012 10:28 AM

Oh and I got some Gidget movies also.

Laura705 10-02-2012 10:37 AM

Morning all.

Annie - Too cute that you sit in on C's tv shows even though they aren't your cup of tea. Some of the shows bf and I watch together aren't each other's faves, but they're entertaining enough, and we each have those we don't burden the other with, lol. Good advice re the people who make snide comments - they need our prayers.

Michelle - Yeh, being in the same house w/ the ex has got to be so unpleasant - to put it mildly. Nice to stay w/ a friend and not subject yourself to the tension of that - you've got enough stress in your life right now. Hang in there - you'll be away from that soon enough. Did you get the boxes you need for the packing? Freecycle is another source.

Mel - Thanks for the heads up on the next Good Witch movie!! Definitely have to set the DVR for that one. And I might have to catch some of the marathon that day as well - maybe the weather that day will be ideal for indoor time, LOL. You're so right - people have this need to make themselves feel better by trying to make others feel bad. We just have to strive to not want to hurt back and be the better person. Ten Little Indians was a book club book a couple years ago. Never seen the movie. I have to say, there are other Agatha Christie books I liked better.

Ceejay - Sorry the neighbor/her gs have taken advantage of you. At a certain point, people - you, her, EVERYONE - just have to stand up for what's best for themselves. Ick, I hate coming across a creature where it's not supposed to be!! Hope that toad finds its way back outside and to a tree, pond, whatever.

Hellos to the rest of the gang! :wave:
---
Nothing much to report. The eye doc hasn't sent my contact lens rx yet, so I'll have to phone and harass them for it. Bf said he stopped at costco yesterday and and saw that our brand lenses are much less costly there. So I'm right to want to check out other options before just ordering them from the doc's office! It would be nice to be able to order my lenses from Costco - close to the house, cheaper. My only concern is that my rx is not usually kept in stock for at least one of my eyes...might be an upcharge for that. But it still might be a savings. We'll see.

Have a flu shot this morning, and I actually remembered to wear short sleeves. :D Nothing planned for tonight. The movie is one I don't want to see, and it's at the far away theater, so I'm skipping. I'll watch more of The Good Wife tonight and do another load of laundry.

Okay, back to it!!

:cofdate:

diyana 10-02-2012 12:10 PM

Laura - I was able to get several boxes at our local Menards. I happened to be in there when an employee was pushing around a cart of empty boxes. I asked if I could have them, and now they're in the garage. I also found on Craigslist a family that was giving away all their moving boxes (including those big wardrobe boxes) for FREE!! I loaded up my little car with as many as would fit....so I should be good to go in terms of boxes. Now I just have to get into the house, staying away from him, and pack. I'm also probably going to rent a storage space to have a "staging" area for boxes once they are packed. I hope you get your contact lens rx soon. Good luck on your flu shot. I'm getting mine tomorrow.

Ceejay - Good for you for standing up for yourself. :) I know it's hard...but you deserve better than the way you are being treated. (Gee, where have I heard those wise words before...oh yeah, from pretty much ALL of my friends/family.) :hug:

Annie - thanks for the text. :hug:

Much love and many hugs to all,

ceejay52 10-02-2012 01:49 PM

Annie
I'm like you on the hotdogs. Yuck, just knowing what they are made of is enough. I wish I could go meatless. I watched Gidget the other night. Don't remember what channel she was on.

Michelle
Good find on all those boxes. It's every time I give my neighbor some slack she starts taking advantage. I guess I'll stop that from now on. I like you mini goal. Can I borrow that goal?

Mel
Thought about you Monday night. Found a C movie, but didn't watch it.
So sad to hear about people like the one mentioned. Will she be sent to a nursing home?

diyana 10-02-2012 04:10 PM

Ceejay - You can definitely borrow my mini-goal. Good luck with your neighbor and her grandson. :crossed:

Shad 10-03-2012 12:19 AM

Afternoon all,
Just taking a couple of minutes here to check in and see what you are all about doing. Nothing much happening here. My friend R got her 1.3million apartment yesterday so we celebrated over the phone - her with red wine and me with bubbly. Today, I don't feel so bright.

I've lost my temper with a program they have on the computer here to request access for programs and improvements. Sent a message to the help desk telling them I am obviously incapable of doing a simple task, and they should do it for me. Anyway, the problem appears to be fixed or maybe it is the strange system they seem to employ here from time to time.
So far I have been told I am doing PS Module, then it got changed to PM module. Today, I am assured I am on Contracts and smartforms. Since I haven't done contracts for years and never done smart forms, this could be 'interesting' to say the least.

Okay - better get off here and get on with learning. Will come back tonight to do personals.

MELODY525 10-03-2012 08:00 AM

http://cdn.indulgy.com/Q2/s3/PC/7522...2sudlsRgFc.jpg

GOOD MORNING CHICKS

KIND OF ON THE RUN.
WORK TODAY AND TJ'S TOMORROW.
THE SOONER I BEGIN TODAY THE FASTER I CAN GET OUT.
SO I AM OFF TO AN EARLY START.
HAVE A GREAT DAY AND SEE YOU FRIDAY. :scooter:

MICHELLE....SENDING YOU HUGS.
TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOUSELF. :hug:
TRY TO KEEP YOU HEAD ON A BRIGHTER FUTURE.
I DIDN'T LET MYSELF THINK OF DIVORCE TILL AFTER WE SEPARATED INTO DIFFERENT HOMES.
THOSE BOXES WERE A GOOD FIND.
HOPE THE MOVE GOES SMOOTHLY.

ANNIE...I AM WITH C...HOT DOGS & POTATO SALAD!! YUM!!
ALL THE SHOWS SOUND GOOD. LOTS OF JEN'S FAVORITES.
AND MINE....I HAVE THE GIDGET MOVIES BUT NOT SALLY FIELDS SERIES.
YES, IT'S TOO SOON TO FIND THE HALLMARK C SCHEDULE.
BUT I WROTE DOWN THE DATE YOU GAVE ME!!:hohoho:
YESTERDAY WAS A GOOD DAY!!!! LOL

LAURA...I WAS NOT A FAN OF THE BOOK 10 LITTLE INDIANS.
I LOVE MISS MARPLE & POIROT MUCH BETTER. LOL
OUR FLU SHOTS ARE ON THE 12TH. YUCK.
HOPE YOU DO FIND THE LENSES CHEAPER & IN STOCK.
GOOD LUCK WITH THAT. EVERY PENNY HELPS.

CEEJAY....HOPE THE NEIGHBOR BACKS OFF.
SAD WHEN YOU CAN'T BE NICE TO SOMEONE WITHOUT THEM TAKING ADVANTAGE:hug:

SHAD....WOW I HOPE THE JOB GETS EASIER AS IT GOES ON.
SOUNDS LIKE A LOT OF TECHNO PITA'S TO ME. :faint:
I CAN ONLY SEND A HUG:hug:
CONGRATULATIONS TO R THE PROUD NE HOME OWNER:cheers:
THE THOUGHT OF ALL THAT MONEY COULD MAKE ME CRY!!! LOL

annie175 10-03-2012 09:03 AM

Happiest of Hump Days Ladies!!

Got the trash to the curb last evening as we had about 10 bags full. Probably 6 of them were from party crap and the cleaning efforts on this past Saturday.

Last night we went to Outback Steakhouse for dinner as C got a gift card from my son and FutureDIL. We enjoyed it immensely. We only had to cough up 5 more bucks and the tip. We each had the woodfired ribeye, grilled greenbeans, and salad. SO YUMMY.

Tonight is Sassy's vet appointment for next set of shots. C is going with since this is his day off and decided against fishing today. It is rainy and only 52 degrees right now. He has no business out there in the cold. We cannot afford him getting sick at this time.

MELLIE...I am a morning person myself. I would love to come into work at 5 and get off accordingly. I was up at 3:30 this morning, could not sleep. So I hit the shower at 4:30. Popped on my robe and flip flops and took Sass out. She did not want to go potty or be out in the rain and wet grass. Have fun at TJs. Why is it the good for our body foods are so expensive?

SHADDIE....hope you get all settled in on your newest adventure and figure out what the H you are supposed to be doing. Glad R got her 1.3 million apartment, but really, I could live in a less expensive place and put the money elsewhere. Where is it we are to fly into when we come to visit you? I know you told me once but blondie here didn't write it down..duh.

CHELLE...girl I heard a song on the radio..on KLOVE station. It fits you perfectly. Please Youtube it with the lyrics and listen/read it as it plays...it is "Stronger" by Mandisa. I absolutely love it and it fits in my life now and again also. Head up, chest out, best foot forward...hugs....

CEEG..how ya feeling...did you get past the headache? Samantha has been suffering from headaches also, I think it is from allergies. Since it has been raining for 3 days here knocking down the ragweed and goldenrod, allergies are getting better and better, even C noticed he was feeling better also.

LAURA....well confession time...C sat in on one of my movies last night that I bought. Billie with Patty Duke. It is a real cute movie and he actually like it also. BTW..I thought of you when C was opening his BD cards. My brother got him a gift card for AMC movie theaters. You can bet we will be using it. I want to see that Hotel Transylvannia.

ELLEN...probably busy with all the lil rascals, job, momma, house, hubby, life in general...May the force be with you.

HAPPY...can't wait till you get back, miss your posts.

Hello to all the rest of yuns.

Loves and hugs.

Laura705 10-03-2012 10:48 AM

Morning all. Rainy today, but it was barely a mist when I cycled to the train station. Hope it's not raining when I get off the train tonight.

Annie - Awww, nice that Curtis watched your Gidget movie. Of course he liked it, it was probably a beach movie with girls in their bikinis - what's not to like, lol. Yummm, steak! Wouldn't give up hot dogs (love the kosher ones) - my view is that there are a lot of foods I wouldn't eat if I knew what was really in there or how they were made...

Mel - Hope work goes quick and easy today and that you have a good trip to TJ's tomorrow. I like seeing all the interesting stuff they have. This talk about Agatha Christie books makes me want to read one. I wonder if I still have one of her paperbacks sitting on my bookshelf? See you Friday!!

Shad - Learning is good - hope they realize it's on their time. Congrats to your friend on her new place. So does it have a view to die for or come with a hunky manservant?? :D :p

Ceejay - I'll be watching C movies soon enough (right alongside Mel, tuned to the Hallmark channel, lol), but right now I'm thinking of watching my Peanuts dvd - I received the Holiday Collection DVD from my secret Santa last year. I wouldn't watch the whole thing, just "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown".

Michelle - Glad you have the boxes you need - you don't need any holdups getting yourself packed. And I do think it's a very good idea to get the packed boxes out of the house. Good luck with your flu shot today!! As expected, my arm's a little bit sore where they stuck it.

Hope everyone else is having a good week! Happy - safe travels!!
--
Good thing I forgot to phone the eye doc to harangue them for the rx - it arrived in yesterday's mail. Didn't get a chance to get to Costco last night - we went to Walmart instead to pick up a few things.

Watched some more of The Good Wife and that was about it.

Tonight's the knife skills class! Bf went to the fancy electronics/appliance store on Monday to get our knives sharpened. The person who does it was out, but he was able to use their fancy electric sharpener, which he now wants to own... Anyway, the class is at the shop/catering facility of the person teaching the class, right in our village's downtown. Looking forward to learning the right techniques.

Okay, gotta run, meeting in 10 min. and I have a monthly report to do.

diyana 10-03-2012 12:19 PM

I'm going back to the house later tonight after a few days away. I hope he doesn't antagonize me or try and start something with cruel, mean-spirited comments. I just want to be there to enjoy time with my doggies, and to pack of course. Please send me lots of prayers, angels, and :goodvibes: for tonight and the next few weeks. This may not be easy, but I need to do whatever it takes to move forward with my life and leave him in the PAST.

Laura705 10-03-2012 12:41 PM

Michelle - Enjoy your time w/ your doggies! :hug: :hug: :goodvibes: :goodvibes:

diyana 10-03-2012 01:40 PM

Annie - Thanks for mentioning that song. I haven't heard it, but I just looked up the lyrics online. yep, that's where I am.

Laura - Have fun (and be careful) at the knife class tonight. :)

Lots of love and hugs to all,