Fall into October with the Worldly Chicks

You're on Page 11 of 17
Go to
  • Hi Laura - I see your egg light on. Hope you stay on long enough to see me wishing you a safe trip and and a great time visiting Mum!

• MORNING CHICKS
    HAPPY WEEKEND TO ALL OF YOU.
    I JUST MIGHT WATCH MOVIES & EAT WITH THE KIDS.
    I AM REALLY IN A MOOD TO BE LEFT ALONE.
    I'LL SEE HOW THE DAY PROGRESSES.

THE DRAMA LEVEL IN THE OFFICE IS OUT OF CONTROL.
    OTHER PEOPLE HAVE BEEN DRAGGED IN FROM THE OUTSIDE.
    THEY'RE ALL RATTING EACH OTHER OUT. IT'S TERRIBLE.
    I JUST KEEP TO MYSELF, NOD MY HEAD & GET OUT OF THERE.
    A SHAME AND AN EMBARASSMENT.

I CAN JUST IMAGINE WHAT THE 2 MEN THAT WERE CALLED ARE THINKING.
    MEETINGS HAVE BEEN CHANGED TO WEDNESDAY. GOOD.
    THEN I CAN FOOD SHOP ON THURSDAY AND NOT HAVE MEETINGS AT DINNERTIME!
    OFF TO EAT BREAKFAST WITH MY CARTOON FRIENDS!
    AT LEAST THEY CAN'T DIAL A PHONE!!

ANNIE....HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO LITTLE MAN!!
    HOPE HE ENJOYS HIS FIRST BIRTHDAY CAKE!!
    DID SIS SURVIVE THE 4 KIDS & A DOG???
    GOOD LUCK WITH THE WEATHER FOR THE PARTY.
    AS FOR DAD, MY HEART GOES OUT TO YOU.
    HOPE DAD DOES OK AND YOU STAY STRONG.
    WILL SEND AS MANY HUGS AS I CAN
    STRESS WITH DAD IS NOT HELPING THE LOO SITUATION

LAURA....GUESS YOU ARE GETTING READY TO LEAVE. IT'S ALMOST 8AM HERE.
    SAFE TRAVELS MY FRIEND AND ENJOY THE VISIT.
    I WISH THEY WOULD GIVE US A SURVEY AT WORK.
    I WOULD LOVE TO TELL THEM EXACTLY HOW I FEEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MICHELLE......I AM SORRY TO HEAR OF THE ADDED JOB STRESS.
    HOPE YOUR WORK WILL SHOW YOU ARE COMMITTED AND
    THE REVIEW GOES WELL.
    YOU HAVE SO MUCH TO DEAL WITH RIGHT NOW
    JUST REMEMBER THERE IS ALWAYS A LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL!

HAPPY.....I SAW YOU WAVING TO LAURA....WAVING BACK TO YA
  • Morning all.

Michelle - Sorry you've got job stress on top if everything else. when's your review? Hang in there!!

Thanks Happy!

Mel - Hope you have a quiet day today. Sorry about all the office drama - what a PITA. You could write a novel if surveyed on the office!! Well at least the meeting day change is a good thing for you.
    --
    At the Atlanta airport. First leg was fine, not counting being just in front of the toddler section, lol. the 2nd leg goes well too.

TTFN!
  • Morning all,
    Not a lot to report here. Maybe i should go create drama somewhere. It would at least get rid of the I HATE DARWIN syndrome. I need to get out more. Depression sinks in. I will have to get a car the next weekend I am here because I am damned if I am going to rely on buses, taxis etc. But at the same time I need to plan out what to do since it is useless just driving around and trying to find something to do.

Michelle - I wondered how you were coping with the job. Have you actually informed them of your personal situation? It might make a difference. Your whole life has been in turmoil for so long now, what with jobs, marriage, sickness etc.

Laura - happy travels. Enjoy the time with mum.

Annie - hope the lil guy had a great birthday. I called him lil thumper on facebook. It occurs to me that you may not know who little thumper is. He's a bunny! He is a story book character and quite cute.

Happy is obviously busy with home and mum and that is as it should be.

Mel - I feel your depression and pain. I have the same things happening in the office here. People getting p*ssed at others, some who have absolutely no idea what is going on and who should have and a vast waste of funds. And of course those folk who 'don't see the need for change - after all we've done okay for the past 100 years and we don't need outsiders telling us what to do'. I am in the process of sorting the business processes for plant maintenance out. The purpose of this change is to bring everyone onto the same page, but since the Dept of Housing doesn't like what the Department of Infrastruce does and the Roads does something else again, it becames bloody hard. I have to create at least three different sets of models to work from. Joke, joke, joke.
    Anyway, we will be depressed together if not miles apart and for much the same reasons.

So I had better go and find my mojo. It must be out there somewhere. Anyone seen it? Go home weekend next Friday. Can't wait.
  • Hi all,

Sorry I haven't been on here. Winding down the days with Mom. Only a couple left and we'll be taking her back. I have to work tomorrow and Monday so I was trying to spend as much time as possible with her these last few days. Have barely been on the computer. I've been with her for 5 weeks straight now - said we haven't spent this much time together since before I got married I do admit that as much as I've enjoyed her here - save for a few moments when we didn't see eye to eye but quickly got over it - I really am looking forward to some total peace and quiet. And catching up on my recorded tv shows which have been piling up unwatched. I think I've watched one hour of the Amazing Race on Sunday - only because with the programming you can never tell when it's actually going to start due to delays and overruns in the football game. But other than that, we've spent alot of time talking. Will be headed back this week for a quick drop off and turn around. After that I can catch up with y'all.

Michelle - sorry you are having mixed signals at work. I hope the job situation is better on the west coast. I was going to say that you could probably pack a few more boxes if you didn't waste your time on that Packers game What are you going to become a Raiders fan now?

Oh great - ads on this site now for a topless show in Las V. Just what I want to see. NOT. What does that have to do with a diet and fitness site????

Annie - happy birthday to little Jake. How the year rushed through. He had a shaky beginning but looks so cute and healthy now. Thank goodness. I hope Sassy will not be fussy with potty runs.

Shad - what's with hating on Darwin? I thought it was Sydney you didn't like? Must be nothing much interesting to see and too much heat and humidity.

Laura - hope you have a great time visiting Mom. I finished reading the Unfinished Work of Elizabeth D. Wierd book. Almost gave up on it but it had a surprise twist the last 50 pages. Not sure why this is on the best seller list. Glad you got to meet another Worldly. I think you hold the record for the most meet and greets or maybe you are about to overtake Shad.

Hi Mel Sorry the people in the office are acting like spoiled brats. Good of you to duck in, back out quickly and zoom down the hall as fast as you can.

Ellen - hope you don't get screwed on the new compensation packages.

Mrs Turtle - sounds like married life is agreeing with you and Poo Bear

Ceejay -hope you are doing ok. Enjoy your trip away - hope the sinuses give you a break.

Gotta hit the sack now. Will be in spotty contact this week what with working and travelling but will be thinking of you and back as soon as I can. Hold the fort down chicks.

• GOOD MORNING CHICKS
    I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE THESE HALLOWEEN STRAWBERRIES!
    THEY ARE JUST TOO CUTE.
    YESTERDAY WAS A GOOD ONE. QUIET AND SLOW.
    LAST NIGHT AT 10 PM MY BOSS CALLED.
    SHE IS AT HER WITS ENDS WITH MAINTENANCE.
    2 MEN DIDN'T ANSWER HER CALL BUT TOLD HER TO TRY THE 3RD GUY.
    NO ONE CALLED BACK & I FELL ASLEEP
    NO ONE IS FACING FACTS EXCEPT ME.
    THESE PEOPLE HAVE BEEN OFF THE LEASH SO LONG,
    EACH ONE THEY THINKS THEY OWN AND RUN THE PLACE.
    ALL CHIEFS & NO INDIANS.

I HAVE NOTHING PLANNED FOR TODAY.
    STILL COOL & WINDY.
    YESTERDAY WOULD HAVE BEEN GREAT WITHOUT THIS WIND.
    HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY

LAURA....GLAD TO SEE YOU ARRIVED SAFE & SOUND ON THE 1ST LEG.
    THE TODDLER SECTION???
    ENJOY THE TIME WITH MOM

SHAD...OUR FRASSING MOJOS ARE PROBABLY OUT ROMPING AROUND TOGETHER!!
    IF I CATCH THEM I'LL SEND YOURS HOME. YOU DO THE SAME.
    THIS FRIGGING CRAP IS DRAINING. THAT'S WHY THE BOSS CALLED.
    I AM DOING MY BEST TO IGNORE IT.
    A FRIEND VISITED ME LAST WEEK AND SAID IT'S BECAUSE I'M NOT DOWN THERE TO CALM THE WAVES. "THE BUFFER".
    WELL TOO FRASSING BAD. (they need to learn how to get along)
    YOU ARE SO RIGHT WITH WHAT'S GOING ON WITH YOU TOO.
    SAME CRAP HERE. NO ONE WANTS THE CHANGES THAT ARE NEEDED.
    THE GOVT HIRES DINGBATS FOR LOWER WAGES.
    LETS THEM RUN RAMPANT FOR YEARS.
    THEN TRIES TO PUT LEASHES ON.
    OF COURSE THERE IS ANARCHY IN THE KINGDOM
    I AM SITTING HERE MAD BUT LAUGHING AT THE ABSURDITY OF IT ALL
    SENDING YOU MANY HUGS MY LIL' SIS
    GET THE CAR AND FIND A PLACE TO GO. A DESTINATION.
    NO WANDERING AROUND....IT DOES MAKE DEPRESSION WORSE
    HOW DO I KNOW???? I TRIED THAT

HAPPY........I HAD TO READ YOUR LAST SENTENCE TWICE.
    THOUGHT YOU SAID "WILL BE IN POTTY CONTACT"
    WELL AT LEAST IT GAVE ME A GOOD LAUGH!! ROFLMAO

I AM GLAD THE VISIT IS GOING OK AND YOU GALS HAD GOOD CHATS.
    BUT I DOP KNOW HOW IT FEELS TO HAVE YOUR "SPACE" INVADED.
    IT'S LIKE ALIENS LANDED SMACK DAB IN THE MIDDLE OF THE HOUSE.
    WE ARE CREATURES OF HABIT. HANG IN THERE
    ARE YOU & DH DRIVING HER BACK AND JUST TURNING AROUND??
    HOPE THE NEXT FEW DAYS GO WELL
  • Don't even get me started on what is happening today. Sent out to Highway house to work! They don't know I am coming. Find my desk. What happens when the guy wants it back - dunno, we're working on it.
    Fob key doesn't work on this building. Have to find someone to let me in and out - and guess what. The toilet is on the outside of the security door. So I can go to the loo, but can't come back to work unless someone walks in.
    Had to get a cab out to here because the person I was supposed to go with didn't turn up. Cabbie had an opinion on EVERYTHING. Loudly.

I'm not feeling great. That doesn't help, but I need to drink fluid and that could be a problem in itself.

Why don't things just work???/

• WE DO LOVE YOU SHAD....HOPE THAT HELPS
    WHAT A FRASSING HORRIBLE WAY TO BEGIN YOUR WEEK.
    SORRY THE DAY WAS SO SCREWED UP.
    WHAT CAN I SAY??? DID YOU EVER GET THE KEY??
    AND WHY IS THE LOO SO FAR FROM THE WORK AREA & LOCKED OUT??
    GEEZ!! THE WORKINGS OF THE GOVT CONTINUE TO AMAZE ME.
    DISFUNCTION AT IT'S BEST!!
    STAY STRONG SHADDIE.

MORNING CHICKS.
    NOTHING NEW HERE.
    QUIET DAY AND NIGHT.
    ONLY ONE DOORBELL.
    THE DOORS WOULDN'T CLOSE BECAUSE OF FALLEN LEAVES FLYING.
    I USED MY HAND VAC AND DID THE JOB.
    JUST DIDN'T WANT TO DEAL WITH MAINTENANCE!
    HAPPY MONDAY/TUESDAY TO YOU ALL.
  • Hi all,

Fairly quiet out this way too. We are getting a taste of the last days of warmth - in the low 60's with sunshine but I'm stuck in the store and don't get to see any of it. By the time I'm off again, it will be back in the low 40's for a high temperature Better get those holiday lights on before the freeze sets in. Hard to think it's time to think of that already. Can't believe we've been here almost a year now. Time sure has whizzed by...

Sorry you are having such a rough time at this latest account Shad. Sounds like the worst one ever. How long will this torture last? It actually sounds quite awful...

Have no fear, Mel with her trusty Dustbuster saves the day It's amazing how you can solve most problems with just a little common sense. Too bad you have more in your pinky Mel than the whole office put together

Just wanted to stop in and say hi. I will be back at the end of the week when things quiet down. Or maybe not until next week since I have a busy work schedule at the end of the week. Oh my poor feet!

Be good kids!
  • Good Monday Morning....was a great weekend except for the nagging headache that lingered from Friday till well...now. Down to a slight nag so doing better. Popping anything related to pain relief.

Lil Man's birthday party was standing room only. With family from both sides and friends, it was packed. He got so many toys and clothes, I am sure there will be no place for storing them. As soon as Sam "blesses" the pictures I took, I will post them. "Mom, do NOT post any pix on FB or any where till I see the pictures." Whatever! lol Jacob wasn't interested in the cake, gave him a taste of it and he screwed up his face and stuck his tongue out. That was a laugh, too bad I didn't have the camera ready.

Yesterday was peaceful. Got up and made veggie omelets and coffee for breakfast. C went fishing on the pond from noon til 2:30 then we went to Taco Bell and picked up lunch for us and Dad. Spent the remainder of the afternoon at dads. We are having a hard time getting him to go out of the house with us since his ordeal in the hospital. Me thinks he is afraid he might fall or something. My oldest brother and I are going to work on him this week. This is grocery day with my brother, so we are anxious to see if he will go. I think brother might "make" him go.

LAURA....We had rain all night Friday nite till about 7am. It cleared up and was sunny, breazy and about 60 degrees for lil man's party...not too bad for October. I am sure the flight attendants can find somewhere to stuff your carry on bad, maybe not near you, but it will be stuffed somewhere...lol

CHELLE...sorry to hear of your work woes, keep you head down and work hard. Hugs

MELLIE....there a days I like being by myself a lot also. C went fishing for a couple of hours yesterday and I watched the Hallmark channel...lol

SHADDIE...I do remember the Thumper rabbit. Actually I had a friend in high school that went by the name Thumper. She was shaped like a bowling pin...bottom heavy...so everyone called her Thumper.

HAPPY...have some wonderful momma time...sorry work is cramming that up.

CEEG...hope your trip is going well and you are feeling good.

ELLEN...hope your magical powers are working! lol

Have a great Monday/Tuesday all

Loves and hugs.
  • Hi all.
    Got back this afternoon around 2.30 p.m. A good drive both ways. The fall foliage was spectacular on the way up to Branson. Went there first to see sis's condo. Then Saturday went to as they call it the northern home in Ash Grove. Mo. She babysat with her grandson and he's a joy even though he had bronchitis. Bless him. He was really good with the nebulizer. Sunday she had the kid's over for lunch. Got to visit with every one. Woke up both Saturday and Sunday mornings with red eyes and eyes almost swollen shut but that soon went away. Think it was all the tree pollen.

Happy
    We're having Indian Summer here. The last taste of summer.
  • Quick hello. need to catch up on your posts but I'm ripping through my data plan due to a lack of free wifi opportunities, so I'll have to ration it very carefully for the next 24 days, lol.

Probably won't check in til Wed. Nice weather here & lovely autumn color. TTFN!
  • Sounds like Laura is having fun.

Not much to report here. Wish sleep was better, maybe that's why I am so grumpy.

Back tomorrow

• GOOD MORNING
    IT'S A COCOA KIND OF DAY. BREEZY & COOL.
    I CAN SIT AND WATCH THE LEAVES FLY BY.
    LIFE IS QUIET ON THE EASTERN FRONT.
    I AM ENJOYING THE DOWN TIME.
    THE ALARMS WERE REALLY GOING THERE FOR AWHILE.
    HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY

HAPPY....TOO TRUE! COMMON SENSE IS NOT THEIR STRONG SUIT!!
    I CRACKED UP WHEN I READ YOUR REPLY
    IF I TOLD YOU SOME OF THE STUFF THAT GOES ON HERE.....
    YOU GALS WOULD ACCUSE ME OF MAKING IT UP.
    HAVE GOOD TALKS WITH MOM. MAKE SOME MEMORIES OF THE VISIT

ANNIE....HOPE YOU AND BRO CAN GET DAD GOING AGAIN.
    HE'S FACING HIS VLUNERABILITY. SOMETIMES HARDER ON MEN THAN WOMEN.
    THEY LOOK AT THEMSELVES AN THE BREAD WINNER & SUPER HERO.
    SENDING YOU ALL GOOD THOUGHTS
    HAD A LAUGH AT JAKE & THE CAKE. TOO CUTE

CEEJAY... HOME!!!! HOW GREAT TO HAVE SEEN EVERYONE.
    I CAN IMAGINE THE LEAVES ON THE TRIP. MUST HAVE BEEN GORGEOUS.
    YOUR EYES SOUND LIKE JEN'S. & RICHIE'S WERE ATY THE TRAILER.
    HOPE THEY FEEL BETTER NOW YOU ARE BACK TO YOU OWN TREES.

LAURA....JUST HAVE A GOOD TIME. DON'T WORRY ABOUT CATCHING UP.
    IF SOMETHING IMPORTANT HAPPENS....LIKE LITTERY WINS....WE'LL LET YOU KNOW!!

SHAD.....HOPE YOU ARE CATCHING UP WITH YOUR SLEEP
  • Morning
    It's good to be home. I was busy last night on the phone. My neice in California delivered a 4 pound 24 oz baby girl last night. She wasn't due till November. The dr had to do an emergency c-section. Mother and daughter are doing fine.

Laura,
    Enjoy your time with mom.

Mel
    I did have a good time with my sis and her family. Glad the alarms were silent.