Fall into October with the Worldly Chicks

You're on Page 10 of 17
Go to
  • Im here
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. I had a great day off with my new husband. Have a great day and week end, everyone.

• MORNING CHICKS.
    QUICK POST. WOKE LATE AND WORKING TODAY.
    MIGHT BE BACK LATER.
    LOOKS LIKE A SUNNY DAY HERE.
    STORMS TONITE & TOMORROW.
    SO I BETTER MAKE HAY WHILE THE SUN SHINES!!
    HAVE A GREAT DAY.
  • Good morning ladies! Thank you all for the word of encouragement. I am feeling better. DH and I talked about the $$ end. need to try and put together a good budget that we both can stick to.

Went to see mom, we walked and talked, so I got my therapy time in. LOL I have an extra day of work tonight, think I am going to look into daycare for DD3 so I can pick up another day to be closer to 40 hrs. we will see if the benefit of working is worth paying for daycare.

ok I am off, cause I am starving. need to get some breakfast.

Luv and Hugs ladies!
  • Mornin' All...

The covered bridge festival was very nice yesterday. It started raining just as we were heading to the car so it worked out well. I only bought 3 things...a sweatshirt that has the breast cancer ribbon on it and says I am wearing this for my mom. Bought Sam an apron as that is one thing she wanted for her birthday coming up Nov 5th. Bought lil man a bib with a monkey on the front. Too cute.

We got home and just vegged the rest of the night. Had leftovers for dinner. Oh I did get the best tasting ham, beans and cornbread at the festival for 4 bucks, cheap meal and very good. Curtis got beef tips with grilled veggies. I tasted his beef tips and I thought they were too salty. Blah. C also got him some snicker chocolate fudge.

Didn't miss anything at work. The big boss was here yesterday while I was out, however she was traveling with one of our salespeople and was not "in" the office only for maybe an hour.

Don't know if I already posted about my dad. If I did forgive me. He goes Nov. 7th for a cardiac nuclear test to see what is going on with his heart. They could not pinpoint what caused his troubles last weekend other than my prognosis of heading into a heart attack. Anyway we will see. He seems a little tired and out of sorts since. Like he is scared of something.

MELLIE...don't work too hard, don't forget to stop and smell the roses...or coffee whichever is in the area. We had all that rain that is coming your way, yesterday and last night. It is not too bad out at the moment.

ELLEN...goodluck with the budget. I am great at creating a budget but tend to get steered elsewhere and not stick to it. Kudos to those that can.

SHADDIE...glad you enjoyed the choir night.

LAURA...glad you and Patty got in a good visit and great food. Too bad no one comes to Indy for anything. Hint hint.

CEEG...Toot your horn going thru St. Louie at my BFF on your way to Branson. LOL

HAPPY...too cute your mom goes "shopping" in your closet for clothes to wear. Will you get any of them back or are they gone for good?

CHELLE...hugs sister...pack, pack, packing away!

Better get this posted and on with my day...

Loves and hugs.
  • Morning all.

Ellen - Glad you're feeling better - talking helps!

Mel - Enjoy the sun today. This is our 2nd (or is it 3rd?) day of gloom here, but I think the sun returns tomorrow. I like that photo - I'd enjoy taking a walk there!

Java - Glad you had a great birthday. Have a great year!!

Awfully quiet here - Ceejay's probably off to Branson, and Annie & Co. are festing under covered bridges, Shad's about to travel somewhere - home, to Sophia's place, who knows? Happy's gallivanting with her mum. Michelle's up to her eyeballs in cardboard boxes and packing peanuts?? Patty flight was delayed yet again due to weather. Hope this helps you deal with what was probably a late night:
    ==
    Well, I got notified on a cheap flight and got it booked last night. I'll be visiting my mother Sat - Tues, flying home late aft Tues. Told the boss I was taking vacation days on Mon/Tues. Going to try to not check a bag. Should be a challenge - I don't usually pack lightly. Sort of worried about delays because they seem to happen for no reason in the best of conditions...Short as this flight is if I were to go nonstop, I have one connecting flight each on both the departure and return and so that just adds to the possibility of problems. But the weather forecasts in all locations for the days of my flights is good at the moment, so I will try not to fret about it.

I had a lot of congestion in my throat yesterday that worsened as the day went on, but never really got to the point of a sore throat. Still there today. Guess this is a chest cold of sorts. I've been taking the vile-tasting cold-eeze lozenges - ugh.

That's about it. I'll probably skip exercise class tonight to stay home and take it easy, meaning I will be doing a load or two of laundry and maybe get a head start on packing my bag.

TTFN!
  • There's Annie - you snuck in on me! Glad you enjoyed the fest and beat the rain! All your food sounded tasty to me, and fudge - yum! Your dad's upcoming test is surely weighing on his mind. Yes, have to plan a trip to Indy someday - never been there!
  • Laura,
    I haven't left yet. Will be leaving in the morning around 9. My sister has to work till noon on Friday so this will work out good for both myself and her.

Annie
    I don't go all the way up to ST Louis. Springfield, Mo is in the South West corner of the state. I'm dreading the 5 hour drive but will enjoy visit once I get there. Hope the doctors can find out what is wrong with your dad.

Mel
    Don't work to hard today.

----
    We got more rain last night. We even had a tornado warning until 8.30 p.m. but don't know if there was any damage here. The town below us was the one who was in jeopardy of the storm.
    Need to get back to my chores of laundry, ironing and packing.
  • Ceejay - Looks like our time in Springfield may overlap. I arrive Sat. aft. Will you also get down to Branson? Safe travels - I hope the weather cooperates for you.
  • Hi peeps,

Sorry I have not posted. Been running around with Mom. We had a nice girls day out Wednesday. Took her to the doctor today (good report), did some shopping, came home and did marathon cooking. By the time I cleaned up it was kind of late. Talked to my sister a bit and then talked to Mom more. Now it's bedtime.

I will try and get a decent post in the morning. Goodnight all.
  • Afternoon all,
    TGIF is about all I can say about today. Looking forward to a weekend of doing very little and catching up with some zzzzzzzzzzzz
    The job is wearing me out and I ain't doing alot. Will someone remind of why I ever thought working for the government would be easy and fun???? It's a bit like Yes Minister up here - if any of you ever saw that British sitcom over there.
    Not sure what I will do this weekend. Thought I might check out the Parap markets tomorrow morning and spend some time lazing around the pool later on - that is if I can get in there. They have put the pool gate opener up so high that I am not sure I can reach it.

Happy - have fun with Mum. We never get long enough to spend with them and it becomes too late when the unthinkable happens. So just have your time now when you can. We will wait.

Laura and Ceejay - hope you have safe travels and have the time to catch up maybe. Laura - take co-ordinating clothes and remember there are washers and dryers in places other than your home laundry. I rarely travel with more than five days worth of gear and that is even when I am going away for 6 weeks on a world trip or something. Too bad if someone sees you wearing the same thing twice. Tough.

Annie - sounds like you had a great time at the covered bridge fest. Must admit those bridges fascinate me. We don't have anything like that here or in NZ. that I know about. We do have in NZ a bridge that is both road and rail. One hopes the train ain't coming when you get yourself on the bridge.

Ellen - $$$ are always a problem where there are children. They are expensive - what with clothing, schooling and birthdays etc. However they are worthwhile and you will find that it won't be very long and you will not have any left at home. The years just seem to fly. I'm sure you will be able to work it out. If day care is anything like as expensive as it is here, then one extra day won't be worth it. But you will no doubt sort it out

Mel - another nice autumn pick. Here there is only wet and dry, hot and hotter and more humid. I of course picked the wrong season to be here.

Exercise is happening here. I was too tired to go out this morning, but I will make up for it tonight and tomorrow. I prefer the heat outside - even in the early morning to the gym and its overcool air conditioning. Anyway, better go and sort out some more work. Roll on 4.pm
  • Good morning everyone! Work last night went ok, they are changing our "packages" again and the commision that goes along with it. we will see how it goes, but just adds to the stress. I have to work all wekend, and DH has a show on Saturday, so I wll still be a busy bee. Need to tackle Mt Washmore and make some homemade beans & rice. have a great weekend!!

• MORNING CHICKS

LAST NIGHTS RAIN BROUGHT DOWN SOME LEAVES. WONDER WHAT THE REST OF THE TOWN LOOKS LIKE. STILL DARK & DREARY OUTSIDE.
    WORK WAS WORK. COULDN'T DO WHAT I WANTED TO. NOT JU TO IT YET. STILL A BIT ACHY & CHILLY. THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT WEEK.
    I JUST RESTED AND CHATTED WITH JEN. MAYBE BY MONDAY I'LL BE BACK TO MY OLD SELF.
    HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY....YIPPEE....THE WEEKEND IS IN SIGHT!!

ELLEN....IT'S TOUGH MAKING BUDGETS AND STICKING TO THEM. I AM GLAD YOU SHARED YOUR FEELINGS CAUSE I NEED TO DO THE SAME. LEARN HOW TO SAY NO EVEN TO MYSELF!! SENDING YOU A HUG FOR THE BUSY WEEKEND COMING AND ALSO THE CHANGES AT WORK

SHAD....I REMEMBER THAT SHOW BUT FORGET THE EPISODES OF YES MINISTER. WE USED TO LOVE IT. YOU REMINDED ME OF "TAKE A LETTER MR JONES"...THAT WAS CUTE TOO. WISH IT WERE BETTER WORKING FOR THE GOVT. SORRY IT'S BEING A PITA! HOPE YOU ENJOY YOURSELF POOLSIDE!! WHY IS THE LOCK SO HIGH!!!! SAVE A LOUNGER FOR ME!

HAPPY....I AM JUST GLAD MOM IS THERE AND YOU BOTH HAVE TIME TOGETHER. USE IT WISELY CAUSE IT'S GOING SO FAST.
    HUGS FOR MOM TOO

CEEJAY....LOST OF TORNADO WARNINGS THIS YEAR AGAIN.
    GLAD TO HEAR YOU MADE IT THRU THE STORM.
    IT ARRIVED LAST NIGHT AND WAS A BIT FURIOUS BUT I SLEPT THRU IT
    STAY SAFE DOWN THERE!!

LAURA...I TURN MY BACK FOR ONE DAY AND YOU'RE OFF MAKING FLIGHT PLANS!!
    HOPE THE TRANSFERS AREN'T BAD AND NO DELAYS!!
    PACKING AND NOT CHECKING??? I WISH YOU THE BEST OF LUCK!
    I'D TAKE THE KITCHEN SINK WITH ME IF IT WASN'T ATTACHED TO THE WALL
    HOE ALL GOES WELL AND YOU HAVE A GREAT VISIT.

ANNIE.....I AM SO SORRY DAD HAS TO GO THRU ALL THIS STRESS & TEST.
    SENDING PRAYERS AND A HUG HIS WAY AND ANOTHER FOR YOU
    WILL BE THINKING OF YOU BOTH.
    I AM GLAD THE WEATHER WAS GOOD FOR THE FESTIVAL.
    IT'S SUCH A PERFECT TIME OF YEAR FOR THAT STUFF.
    FOOD SOUNDED DELISH. I LOVE ME A GOOD HUNK OF CORNBREAD!!

MARY......HOPE YOU GOT THE BD E-MAIL ON TIME.
    SORRY I MISSED YOUR BD HERE
    IT MUST HAVE BEEN NICE TO SPEND IT WITH THE NEW HUBBY!!!
    HOW IS THE NEW MRS. JAVA TURTLE-BEAR DOING???
  • TGIF-er fer shure!!!!

Today is lil man's first birthday. I took cupcakes over to sis's house when I dropped Sass off. Sis has 4 babysitting kids, lil man and sassy. They can celebrate today then tomorrow is the big party. Supposed to be sunny but only 58 degress, thank you Jesus for no rain in the forecast. It is supposed to get it all rained out by today. Fingers crossed.

Tummy is turning around and around this morning. Been to the loo twice since I got to work. I think I have chronic tummy/loo problems and it is just part of life. Move on..literally..lol

SHADDIE...the locks are up so high on the poolside to keep the little brats out. Take a box to stand on. Or better yet, find Sven to open the gate, lather on some lotion and massage your back. I am envious of this fantasy...lol

MELLIE...thanks for the prayers for me and Dad. I hate to say it but I think the end for him is nearer than I would like to imagine. God love him. I think the rain and cool weather makes for achy bodies. Believe it or not I could feel it in my legs when driving to work this morning. They are just achy. Dark and dreary out this morning. Tough on lil Sass on potty breaks. I have to stand out in the rain with her and make her stay there til she goes. lil stinker

ELLEN...just remember to breath and take a moment for yourself. Even if it is while on the pot, just sit there an extra minute. Hugs

CEEG and LAURA...safe travels, maybe you will bump into each other...have a great time.

HAPPY...enjoy your momma time! Momma's are a sweet spot in my heart. Hugs to you both.

CHELLE...check in here sista...beginning to worry bout you more than normal.

JAVA....glad you had a great day with hubby.

Gotta get at it.

Loves and hugs.
  • Morning all. TGIF!!!

Annie - Hope your tummy settles down. Good luck with the weather for the party tomorrow - hope it's dry and sunny! Wow, one year already!! Happy bday to little J.

Mel - We've had a lot of rain lately and there are a lot of leaves on the ground - I worry about slipping on them on foot and on the bike! Hope you have a nice restful day today and feel like yourself again! Love that pic of the pool!! Yeh, if I could pack everything I would, lol. That's the main thing about travel by car that appeals to me, but a 8+ hour drive is not my idea of fun.

Ellen - Hope the new "package" is advantageous for you. I've never worked on commission, so I don't know - is it common to always be tweaking the pay plan? Wonder if that's a motivational thing... Yum, beans and rice.

Shad - Ah, no travel this weekend. Hope you have a pleasant, restful weekend and put the busy week behind you. When you visit the market you'll need to buy a stepladder or perhaps some platform shoes, lol, or maybe something that will extend your reach to flick the pool's gate-opening switch for you. But I like Annie's suggestion best - get a hunky fella to help you.

Happy - Glad you're getting your "mom time". Soon I'll be getting some of my own, face-to-face.

Hellos to Patty, Mary, Ceejay & Michelle!! Everyone have a great weekend.
    ===

Did a load of laundry last night and that was about it. Dinner was leftover pizza from Monday's dinner w/ Patty. (Bf suggested the restaurant with the rather obvious ulterior motive of getting pizza leftovers brought home from half-price pizza Monday.) They do have great pizza there...

The wind was whipping around and it was raining at the usual dog walk time yesterday so bf didn't take doggy out. But Coal was missing his walk, so around 9-ish I decided to get him out for a jaunt. Thankfully, the wind had died down and it was only a bit sprinkly, so we got in more walking than we would if it was still nasty.

Tonight I'll be packing my bag and then hope to get to the airport on time tomorrow morning for my 7:15 am flight. Hope to board the plane while there's still room left to stow my carry-on bag. Wonder if they charge you the baggage fee if you board the plane only to not find a place in the bins for you bag?? I should think not. But with a connecting flight, I'd rather schlep my bag around with me than worry about it arriving when I do!

Brought some of the veg curry to work for lunch today. Doctoring it up helped, but it's such a huge batch and bf isn't eating it, so it's like one of those giant pasta dishes where it looks like you haven't even made a dent in it. I'm not inclined to freeze the remainder...

Okay, back to the day. Our company is having us employees complete an online survey...bleh. "I get a sense of accomplishment from my work." Strongly agree, Agree, Slightly Agree, Slightly disagree, yada, yada, yada.

• Hi everyone -

Sorry I've been away. Life has been even more stressful than usual. My boss is giving me mixed signals as to whether or not I'll pass my 90-day probation. I wish he'd just schedule my review so I'll know if I have a job or not. If I lose my job, I'll probably just move cross-country next month. So I don't know where I'll be working from one day to the next...nor where I'll be living from one week to the next. I've been working hard at work (now that I'm finally able to be mentally and emotionally focused on my job), and then I get home and pack.

This weekend will be more packing and taking stuff to storage. I'm hoping to get together with a friend on Saturday night and go to a haunted house. She and I were going to do that last Saturday...but we went out to a nice dinner and by the time we got done eating...we were too full and tired to wait in line for 90 minutes to do a haunted house. This week, we'll get to the haunted house when they open. Sunday, I'll be taking a break from packing for a few hours to watch the Packer game on TV....or I might just DVR it and listen to it on the radio while I pack.

I hope you all are doing well.

Annie - happy b'day to the lil man.

Happy - So glad you're enjoying Mom time.

Ceejay - I hope you're enjoying your vacation in Missouri.

Sorry I'm so far behind on personals...gotta get back to work now, so I can convince them to keep me on.

Prayers and healing wishes to all who need them.

Much love and many hugs,