View Poll Results: With Warm/Hot Weather Coming, Which Of The Following Will You Be Wearing More?
Long Pants 1 10.00%
Short Shorts 3 30.00%
Capri's 2 20.00%
Shorts Right Above The Knee 3 30.00%
Skirts 0 0%
Skorts 0 0%
Dresses 1 10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2003, 11:35 PM   #16  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Sherry - I second what Debbie said! To resist a whole box of ANY Girl Scout cookie! What a woman!

As for the questions....to be certified for K-4, I would have to go back and get a master's degree in elementary ed. Right now, I am about two weeks from being full certified 7-12 in English and Social Studies. When I first started teaching, I wanted to teach high school. As far as going to another school in my system, even if I could, I wouldn't. The system is mismanaged from the top down.

I had already applied for postions in the district my kids attend, and I know they've sent my application to 14 schools - 9 of which I'd work at. I also know that one of the private school "chains" is hiring subs for $65 a day. I also know a girl who teaches 5th/6th language arts at a school about 25 min. from here and she says they need another lang. teacher because one is retiring next year. I'm trying to stay away from that grade level, though.
Old 04-17-2003, 03:09 AM   #17  

hello all my floozie friends!!!!!!!
glad to see everyone is doing well.
great losses staying op!
sher your doing so good!
im proud of you for giving them cookies away!
good girl!!!!!
ive been helping a friend whose life is in complete disaray!
last year you all remembered my friends mom died bowel obstruction.
well the anniversary of the 1 year mark is fri.
ive known this girl since we were like 6.
after her mom died suddenly last april she found out her dad had been seeing anouther woman and they became engaged in june.
well she didnt take to this well.
her parents had bought alot of rentals including the one shes lived in 13 years,
well her dad put most of em up for sale and came into alot of money but she couldnt believe hed betray her mom.
well her other sister is money hungry stirred up trouble.
so theyve not talked since oct.
well her dad got married in dec.
she was crushed.
in feb.
he told her to move out he was selling the house!!!!
then 2 weeks ago he took her van away.
he cosigned well her mom did he didnt want the responsibility.
so he gave her 24 houirs to buy it off .
this gal is broke so he took it.
now she finds herself staring at the 1 year aniverary and her whole lives changed.
no mom no dad no sis.
and to make matters worse her husband walked out on her sat.
so ive been picking up the pieces .
i dont know what to say anymore.
i mean so much in such a short time.
anyhoo thats where ive been.
ive lost bout 3 pounds since last ive talked.
my other friernd the 39 year old had a massive heart attack.
thank all of you for being there for me.
i love you all!!!!!!
doni
Old 04-17-2003, 05:38 AM   #18  

Jennelle-I hope that you find the job you so well deserve. Maybe a private school would be better for you. It's so hard when your entire district is screwed up!! Whatever you decide to do, just know that we are behind you 150%!!!

Sherry-Good going, girl!! I'm so proud of you! You deserve a huge round of applause!!

As for me, last night was the Passover seder at my parents house, and I ate everything I possibly could!! It was all yummy, and I don't feel guilty about it!!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-17-2003, 08:07 AM   #19  

Shelley - I have been considering private school full-time, but they just don't pay well. Most around here start at $16,000-$17,000 a year. If I'm going to work hard, I'd at least like to have a little something to show for it.
Old 04-17-2003, 08:08 AM   #20  

Mornin'

I'm about to leave for work.I just wanted to say hi and to tell you to have a wonderful OP day!!

I hope my letter last night didn't sound bad.I was so happy and of course no one understands more then ya'll. I sure can't "brag" to my family.They don't have a weight problem and just don't understand how hard it is.

Doni....I'm glad you posted!! I'll post back to you tonight!

Jennelle.....I'm thinking of you ALL day today.I'll post more to you tonight also!!

Love & Hugs...........
Old 04-17-2003, 09:49 AM   #21  
Losing it!

GOOD MORNING FLOOZIE SISTERS!!!!

DEE: How close are you to Toronto? Did you hear about the SARS scare there?

Deb: I bought all the candy for the kids and stuffed it in the closet. Hopefully, out of sight, out of mind. Didn't buy very much, plan on tossing in some moola instead!

Jennelle: Best wishes to you with any decision that you make. We are here for you if you need a sounding board.

Sher: {{{SUPER, DUPER BIG HUGS!!}}} Those TANGALONGS would of became TAGALONGS on your hips!!!! We love you!!!! Great inner strength going on there! Dr. Phil would be so proud of you!!!!

Doni: Sorry to hear about your friend. Family problems and a divorce. I bet she treasures your friendship!!! She will be in my thoughts. GREAT job on the weight loss!!!

Jeanne: Question: When you finally met your friends from the internet, did they match the vision that you had of each one in your mind? I know as far as you guys, I have a visual of each one of you going on. I'm just curious how close you were to personalities etc. finally being able to compare to the real thing.

Well, I need to go!!! Have a great OP day!!! Love ya!!!!
Old 04-17-2003, 10:15 AM   #22  

Sherry....That's why we're here - so we can brag on ourselves and each other! So BRAG AWAY!
Old 04-17-2003, 11:38 AM   #23  

Doni I am so sorry to hear what you and your friend are going through. I know that it has to be one of the lowest times of her life. But you know what that means....the only way is up. Things will get better. Next year on this day it will seem like a bad dream that has moved a little further away. Good on you girl for losing weight at this stressful time.

Sherry you inspired me. Yesterday I made bad food choices. Sweets and more sweets. I ate chocolate and I don't even like it. I ate in my points range for weight watchers but bad food choices. Well I was getting my cup of coffee and coming over to read what has been happenning over hear and a piece of cake was calling me. I thought well I will have my first cup of coffee then if I still want it I will have a piece. After reading your story and you turning down the cookies I can do it to. Thanks Sherry, that was like a pep talk for me. I will choice healthier food today thanks to you.

Gayle Toronto is about 2000 miles away from here. We have one case here in the city though. I am more concerned about the Virology lab here. I think that is what they call it. It is about 4 miles from here. This is where they are doing all the testing on Sars. Larry did some work in that building and it is not really leak proof. My walking girlfriend Deb's parents were here on the weekend. Her mother is a nurse from Toronto. They had one case in the hospital that she works at last week. Makes me a bit nervous because that is about the closest I have been to Sars. With my immune system low I don't want to be exposed to it. By the way stuffing the candy in the closet doesn't help me. I bought chocolates yesterday and put it in my closet.....well I had a small bag of those cadbury eggs. So I got Larry to pack them up and put them in his trunk.

Jennelle you have to do what is best for you. I know that it took a lot of courage to do what you did. You will see things will work out.

Shelley I have planned to eat at the lower range of calories this week and allow myself some extra treats for sunday. I just hope that I don't eat to much. Easter is only one meal it is all the extra treats that are around that is tempting.

Debbie that's great that you are making easter baskets for the grand kids. Little ones makes special occassions really sweet.

Ramona what are your easter plans? Are both boys able to make it home?

Mom's last blood test yesterday was a bit better. It is still dangerously thin but has improved. They said it was the build up of poison from the chemo that is affecting her blood. I am so glad that she is through that. Now it will take some time to leave her body.

It is snowing out again. We had a very hot weekend and now have a clod front that came in. Tomorrow it is suppose to be back up to 65. Go figure. Well we could have used the moisture but I would have prefered it in rain.
Old 04-17-2003, 11:42 AM   #24  

SHERRY......I AM SOOOOOOO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!
You have got this down girl. I just wish you could send some of that willpower to me!

JENNELLE...... I have to say I was shocked also when I read your post. But, I know from reading previously, that you have been very unhappy. Just remember.....when one door closes, another one opens!

SHELLEY......I hope you enjoy your holiday festivities. Do you do something different each night during the week of passover?

DONI.......It's nice that you are such a good friend. I hope things look up soon for the young lady you wrote about.

DEBBIE......I bet you really have fun at Easter with those grandbabies! I'm making little baskets for the babies at church. There are 9 of them, mostly in the year and a half to two year range. They always like to sit with me because I put interesting things in my purse and I let them rummage through it. Hummmm, guess I should be listening to the sermon! hehehe

GAYLE.......I would love to see that picture of Liz in her prom dress. I know she must have looked like a dream!

DEE.......I hope you are getting some rest now that your company is gone. I'm afraid I wouldn't be as gracious a host as you. I'm too stuck in my own routine!

Well, I just got freight in, so I better get to work. I'll post more later......
Love,
Ramona
Old 04-17-2003, 12:01 PM   #25  

Ramona do you think that I got enough rest yesterday? I got up at 8:30 and had 3 naps!!!! Went to bed at 11:00 and woke up at 9:30 today. I am trying to play catch-up. I was so exhausted yesterday.
Old 04-18-2003, 08:06 AM   #26  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Morning Girls

Hope everyone is planning a great OP day. School is out today and I am excited to have a 3 day weekend!

My mother is having knee replacement surgery on April 28th. It really worrys me because she isn't in the best of health and she is 70 years old. She will be in the hospital for 5 days and rehab for 12 days. She is training me today to take over the care of my Grannymom which is 91. My Grannymom still lives by herself but needs someone to run errands and clean her apartment or take her to the doctor, etc. I may purchase a pair of roller skates today too...LOL.

I promised to catch up soon, but guess what. I still don't have time to post to everyone...LOL. I'm meeting my Mom early and need to get ready.
Just know that this thread is such an inspiration to me. I love all of you and wish you many Easter blessings!

Hugs...Debbie

Last edited by DebbieA; 04-18-2003 at 08:09 AM.
Old 04-18-2003, 09:30 AM   #27  

Good Mornin'

This sure is a "Good Friday" because we're off from work!!!!

Debbie****I know that you're going to have a lot of your plate soon with you working,taking care of James, taking care of your Mom & GrannyMom.Please get plenty of rest and don't get yourself run down.Anytime the others want to help out...LET THEM!! BTW: Have I told you lately how proud I am of you for being OP for so long!!? See ya tonight!!!

Gayle*****Is hubby home yet? I know you miss him so much when he's gone.Can Wayne go with him next time? I have to go today to get my Easter basket stuff.YES...I Do still make one for Chris & Drew!! LOL!! I can just see the look on Chris' face if he came home from college and saw NO BASKET!! LMAO! I spoil them!! I'm going to make Chris' g/f Dayna a basket this year too.

Shelley****Are you off today too? I know that some places are going to School today to make up snow days.If youre off, what are your plans today? I hope that you're having a wonderful passover this week.I bet you have been so busy!!

Dee*****Are you rested up now? I know that you were getting so tired with all the company.That is so wild that you're still having snow!!!!! Did you stay OP yesterday? Did I inspire you? BTW: You're Mom is in my prayers nightly.

Ramona*****Did you close up shop today? What are your Easter plans? How are the boys? Sorry so many questions but I had to ask them all! The main question is: ARE YOU STILL STAYING OP???? I hope my sad little story really made you want to stay OP. You know though, Everyday is gets easier!!!! It's not near as hard today as it was that first week!

Doni****Again, I'm so glad that you posted!! I was beginning to miss you so! Please try to post more often and keep us posted how you are!! I'm sorry to hear about your friend. Bless her heart!! She's lucky to have you as her friend.

Jennelle****I forgot to ask you if you are going to finish out the year? What are your plans now? I talked to a teacher about you yesterday at my School and she said that she hates to see the good teachers being pushed out the door.Hopefully if you miss teaching later, you'll get certified and maybe teach at another School or grade. What ever your plans are...good luck!! Love ya!!

Titan...........Vicki................Jeanne....... ....Carol......& Lisa...........Where are you?????? I'm posting my signs on the telephone poles today!!!! Please post soon!!! I SURE miss you!!!!!!

Today I'm going to do a little to the house, wash a couple loads of laundry, go to tannong bed and Wal-Mart to get Easter basket stuff. Have a great OP day!!!

Hugs.............

**Today is day 33 OP!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Sherry; 04-18-2003 at 09:32 AM.
Old 04-18-2003, 10:23 AM   #28  

Sherry - Nope, I'm done with my year. I'm still staying in the profession, though. Teaching is what I AM, not what I do, if that makes any sense at all... I had already put in applications with my local district (the GOOD one where my own children attend school) and know that my app. was forwarded to 14 schools, 9 or so of which I'd work at. I went around yesterday to some of the schools to leave letters of introduction with the principals.

There's also a "chain" of private schools that is hiring subs for $65 a day. I'm going to apply for that in the hopes that maybe I could get my foot in the door for a regular teaching job.
Old 04-18-2003, 06:36 PM   #29  

HA!! I have one up on Sherry and Debbie!!! I'm off not only today, but Monday too!!
Old 04-18-2003, 08:00 PM   #30  

Hi everyone.

Sherry and Debbie, I was only about 130 miles from Nashville, and it was really tempting, but then I thought about Isis (19 year old cat) and figured her patience at being alone would about hit bottom, so I came home.

I was in the Paducah (Ky) and Metropolis (IL) for my aunt's visitation and funeral. She was 96 years old, and had lived alone until she was over 90, but had been in bad health the past few months. I hadn't seen her for over 20 years, but she looked just like she did then ... and looked so peaceful... like she was asleep and about to wake up and tell us something. She wrote poetry and they read one of them during the sermon.

I hope everyone has a happy Easter.
Closed Thread