3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

September Sassy Sisters of the Worldlie Type

Old 09-12-2012, 10:08 AM   #121
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

CHELLE....we are the last thing you need to worry about. Just know that we are here for you always. Try not to worry about things, it is God's plan and you cannot change it. It will be what he wants it to be so worrying will not help. Just know the HE has your best interest in mind whatever the outcome.

CEEG...do not tell anyone you have the weekend free as someone will try to fill it up for you. I, too, need to go through my closets.

MELLIE...hey ya sweet cheeks...we are having fabulous weather here also, finally. 82 sunny and very little humidity. Yeah! Too bad we have to be in the office. blah! Glad you and Jen are getting quality yak time. Yakity Yak, can't go back...lol

SHADDIE...you are really $h*tting and getting on the yard work. I think I may have harvested the last of my lettuce last night. I have a ton of green tomatos waiting to turn. A few green onions and about 10 cucumbers that need to grow a bit. I may have 2 or 3 zucchini that will get growing before cold weather hits. Next spring we are going to build up the dirt a bit in both veggie gardens before planting, now that I know where the water tends to stand once watered.

HAPPY...hope your momma is doing better each day. I agree that she needs to stay in the hospital until she is a little better and mobile, will make it better for your sis. Sassy has no trouble getting up, but she is definitely not liking the dewy grass on her belly and tries to run back to the porch. I have to scoop her back up and take her out to the grass to potty. Boy, once she potties, she runs like he!! to go back into the house.

LAURA...we are on the same dinner path...I made baked fish for dinner Monday evening, it was great, then brought the leftovers for lunch yesterday. Too bad your fish got a lil to dark and crispy. boo! I believe I would rather smell burnt fish rather than a skunk. But do not want to smell either really.

Hellos to Ellen, Java and all the rest of yas!

Loves and Hugs

Lap RNY 2/12/07- weightloss: 163 lbs; 306 SW; 143 CW
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:27 PM   #122
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

OOOOOOH ANNIE....I AM IN THE MOOD FOR THIS. GLAD I AM GOING SHOPPING TOMORROW. ADDING THE INGREDIENTS TO MYMLIST RIGHT AWAY! THANKS FOR THE IDEA....GREAT FRIDAY & WEEKEND FOOD!
HAD A LAUGH AT THE BABE AND SASSY. TOO CUTE FOR WORDS.
MAYBE YOU CAN COME HERE AND POTTY TRAIN SOME OF THE SENIORS.
MAYBE I BETTER NOT LAUGH SO HARD.,...IT COULD BE ME ONE DAY

CEEJAY.....OH...NEVER THOUGHT OF WALMARTS NEW USAGE AMOUNTS. TOO TRUE. BETTER USAGE THAN A LEAK! HOPE YOU CAN KEEP THE TANK TOPPED UP. YOU & SHAD ARE MOTIVATING ME TO GO THRU SOME CLOTHES THIS WEEKEND. THE LIGHTER STUFF CAN GO AWAY I THINK. ALSO SOME TO TOSS!!

MICHELLE.....WORRY ABOUT YOURSELF RIGHT NOW. WE WILL STILL BE HERE WHEN YOU ARE CALMER. GLAD YOU HAVE A 3 DAY WEEKEND AND HOPE IT GOES WELL. SENDING GOOD THOUGHTS YOUR WAY NO MATTER WHAT THE OUTCOME. ABOVE ALL TRY TO STAY SANE & KEEP THE CHEST PAIN DOWN TO A MINIMUM. TRY TO CHILL OUT

I'M LEAVING EARLY IN THE MORNING
SO I CAME BY TO SAY HAVE A GREAT THURSDAY.
JEN & I HAVE A WHOLE DAY PLANNED AND DINNER WITH RICHIE TOO.
I MIGHT NOT MAKE IT BACK HERE TILL FRIDAY.
HAVE A GOOD NIGHT.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:29 PM   #123

Morning all.

Annie - The fish wasn't burnt, and the remaining smell wasn't fishy, just the olive oil smell from the frying really put me off. So glad we don't fry often at all! As for the skunk smell, it fades pretty quickly once the skunks have moved on, so I'm used to it by now. Just have to make sure Coal stays inside until the smell is gone!!! Mmm, the pasta dinner sounded tasty. In the mood for pasta, just have to really watch portions. The mom & pop place we go to serves a gigantic plate of it and even though it looks like you haven't even made a dent in it, you've probably already eaten a couple portions or more!! Sounds like Sassy is everyone's little darling!!

Michelle -Chest pains are not good!! I'm so glad you're going to see a counselor and hopefully he/she will help you get your thoughts in order and experience some calmness - all this stress and lack of sleep are obviously playing havoc with your health!! Don't worry about keeping up with the personals, if I win the lottery I'll be sure to text you, lol.

Ceejay - What's worse - a leak, or Walmart using all that water??!! Nice you'll have a weekend all to yourself!! Ahhh.

Shad - I have to clean my closet too. Every once in a while I point out to myself that there's a whole section of clothes I never wear and they are just taking up valuable real estate (we have a typical 1950's ranch home with typical tiny closets).

Mel - Hope you get out and enjoy the outside world today! Love the skunk graphic!!

Happy - Nice your mom will get to go home tomorrow. So she won't ever leave the house she's in? Let the trickery begin I say, before something bad happens!! I like the itinerary you prepared for Mel.

Ellen
==
I enjoyed the "Bourne Legacy" last night. I didn't think the first half hour was bad, just not as good as the rest of the movie. I do like Jeremy Renner - might even like him better than Matt Damon because Renner's a better actor (IMO). Saw a preview of "Red Dawn" which I imagine is a remake of the old Patrick Swayze movie. Not quite sure since I was too busy chatting with a friend during the trailer. All I needed to know is Chris Hemsworth (Thor) is in it and so I'm totally on board for seeing that one!

Went to bed too late and suddenly it was morning and I'd hit the snooze button three times! Oh well, some days are like that.

Today's my Thursday because I'm taking a vacation day on Friday and going to the Dells with a friend. Looking forward to a change of scene.

Cheers!

Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:32 PM   #124
Happy September

Take out the papers and the trash
Or you don't get no spendin' cash
If you don't scrub that kitchen floor
You ain't gonna rock and roll no more
Yakety yak
Don't talk back
Old 09-12-2012, 12:35 PM   #125
Happy September

LAURA....YOU SNUCK IN ON ME!! OOOOH THOR!!! LOVE THAT GUY.
GLAD YOU LIKE THE MOVIE & WILL PASS THAT ON TO JEN.
I READ SOME OF THE BOURNE BOOKS AND THEY WERE GOOD.
SO MANY REMAKE MOVIES OUT. GUESS THEY RUN OUT OF IDEAS.
ENJOY YOUR LONG WEEKEND WHEN IT ARRIVES!!
Old 09-12-2012, 01:18 PM   #126
Some days not so much

S/C/G: Macys Balloon/Chubbette/OK

Height: Fun Size

Hi ladies,

Been trying to get in her since 7 this morning.

Mom Report - since they gave her Lasix ? diuretic to get rid of the excess water now her potassium levels are too low. They still have her in the hospital, between the coumadin and the potassium, hopefully they can get her stabilized enough to get out today. They suggested followup with a visiting nurse which thankfully covered by Medicare. She is also going to switch cardiologists to the practice that is convienient for my sister which is good. Mom is in with one of the young doctors she saw yesterday :kiss: I spoke to the shop owner today who called to see how my Mom was doing (they are SO nice). She said if anything happens, not to worry, just do what I have to because family comes first. Looks like I will be heading to Chicago Tuesday or Wednesday of next week and staying 2 weeks until the 4th of October. Which means I get to help my sister celebrate her 5-0 birthday. Can't believe my little sister is 50. I guess now I'm the little sister Mom is very happy I am coming to stay for a while.

Farm Report - tonight we are supposed to get very close to freezing and probably will get a frost here. I harvested 2 bowls of tomatoes and will be either roasting a pan or making another batch of sauce today. Got 8 cucumbers - there's just 4 tiny ones on the vine, don't know if they will make it tho cukes like colder weather. Picked 5 small bell peppers, also have several small ones budding. Got a couple of jalapenos - not sure what I'll do with them. They aren't really hot because the weather didn't get warm enough to heat them up. One plant produces way more than we need. I might chop what I have and freeze them. I think I want to tarp the tomatoes tonight. It's overcast and we should be getting some rain - I hope it does before evening so they can get some water. I don't want them to get too cold tonight. DH will not be in favor of putting the plastic on, particularly if I am going away but if I can at least save a few more, I can take them with me to Mom's. No doubt when I come back, the garden will probably be ripped out for the season because by then farming will for sure be finished

Yesterday didn't get as warm as it was supposed to - got to the mid 70's and stayed there. I did sit outside with DH for a bit and we watched the birds. I told him I thought this was pretty much going to be the last nice day before the coolness sets in for good. It stayed warm last night - so much so that we thought about putting the air conditioning on to sleep. But at some point during the wee hours of the morning, it cooled off and was 54 when I got up and pretty much stayed there. Now I need to hop in the shower, go to the post office and drop off Sophia's gift to send to you Shad, get some groceries and the rest of what I need for some soups and chili.

Mel - I love when you sing. Makes me really big. So nice to hear that you have a day planned with Jen and a nice dinner with the family. Hope you have a wonderful time!

Laura - visting the Dells will be fun. It's cooler now so bring a warm sweatshirt but the crowds will be down and you should be able to move about freely and enjoy the weekend. Thanks for the movie review. I've not seen any of that series, but DH likes them.

Annie - now that we have some garden experience under our belt, we'll do some things differently too - including adding more dirt to the raised beds. All in all I'd say this was a good harvest. Same for you and you had to deal with a drought. I sure wouldn't mind some 82 degree weather here, so enjoy it for me. Yes, I told Mom not to have "ants in the pants" and it's better for her to be released when stable instead of hurrying out and just having to go back in again in messed up again. And she has taken it to heart and seems to be ok with it. But perhaps she is hoping to see the cute doctor again It's going to be very entertaining to hear how Sassy deals with snow if she doesn't like dewy grass Thanks for the chicken recipe - I'm going to see if I can get that seasoning at the store today. Sounds yummy.

Michelle - I'm so glad you are getting time to see a counselor on your own. It sounds like a great idea to be able to sort your feelings, decide what you want and maybe get some tips on approaching talking things over with H. Sorry you are having the chest pains - lack of sleep and stress will do that. Not a fun feeling at all. It's nice that work gave you the extra time off - good plan to have an intensive weekend as I'm sure this will be difficult. The important thing is to be able to talk - and listen to to what the other is trying to say. Falling in love is sooo much easier than staying that way Sending you hugs and good wishes.

Ceejay - I am aware of how new home construction will put a drain (no pun intended ) on water usage but never gave it a thought about how much a store would affect things. Guess your office has to keep tabs on everything going on in town. Good luck cleaning out the closet. I have a hard time with that because I really like most of the stuff in mine.

Shad - I have every intention of getting that box sent to you today. Will come back and let you know when it's on it's long journey. My apologies for not sending it sooner. Hope you are enjoying remodeling the yard

Hi Ellen

Gotta get off this computer now - day's half over and tomorrow is a long stretch of work days. Bye for now
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:57 PM   #127
Annie - Indiana

HAPPY...when you get to Chicago, look up Laura...she is a real sweetheart and I am sure you will have a very nice visit. Just talked to C, he lowered the blade on the mower when he mowed today. I then asked, why so Sassy's belly doesn't rub the dewey grass? He sheepishly replied yes and laughed. What a sucker. Oh yeah, I have about 6 green/red peppers almost ready for pickin also. What a bunch of nice people you are working for/with...sounds fun. I don't work at CVS anymore, spending my time with C and now Sass.

MELLIE...thanks for the song lyrics, was just hummin' it while reading the words. Have fun tomorrow on your day out with Jen.

LAURA...might have to go see Red Dawn, I saw it the first time it was out. Have fun at the Dells this weekend. SHould be fun.

Later gators.

Old 09-12-2012, 02:26 PM   #128
Some days not so much

Annie,

Laura lives probably 1/4 mile away from where I lived when I lived in Chicago. Isn't it funny that we lived across from each other and probaby passed each other in the grocery store but didn't meet until years later??? In order to go see her, I'd have to take the El from my Mom's in the city, downtown to the train station and the train station to her place. (DH is dropping me off so I won't have a car.) That's about 3 hours of travelling. One way.

However, Laura if you want to meet downtown one night for a quick dinner after work, I'm open to that. I wouldn't want to hop the Orange Line back to the ghetto when it was dark, but I'm open to meeting up if you'd like.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:22 PM   #129
Annie - Indiana

HAPPY AND LAURA....do not miss an opportunity to meet...that is an order!!

Old 09-12-2012, 09:58 PM   #130
Some days not so much

Annie - I am bummed they have about 8 different kinds of that McCormack seasoning at the store but not the orange one. As my cousin would say - remember where you are living. Maybe I can get it when I go into Chicago.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:12 AM   #131
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Met with the counselor last night...I didn't feel much better afterward..but really didn't expect to. The first appointment is always to re-hash what has happened. And since we don't know what the hubby wants...other than "we need to talk"...DUH. REALLY? Tonight we won't get home from the airport until around 8 or 8:30, and we'll both be exhausted...I know I will be as I already am. I woke up at midnight.

I have a counseling appt scheduled for tomorrow...and I would like DH to go with me....but who knows if that will happen.

Oh, and I've lost 6 more pounds...making for roughly 15 pounds in less than 2 weeks. I wouldn't recommend this stress-induced nausea resulting in not eating diet...but it is working better than Weight Watchers.

I need to find me some coffee. Hope y'all are doing well.

Much love,

Say it... shout it... believe it... "I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!"...then DO IT!

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." ~ Edwin Louis Cole

My Mini Goals:
1) Exercise 5 days per week 45 minutes per day
2) Stick to a 1,200 calorie a day diet
3) Goal weight for bariatric surgery: 224
4) Make the most of each moment

Last edited by diyana : 09-13-2012 at 08:15 AM.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:18 AM   #132
Annie - Indiana

Good Morning...nuttin' much to report today.

Last night's dinner was beef stroganoff and garden salad. I tried a new recipe with the stroganoff that was so easy.

HAPPY...I will send you some of the McCormack seasoning. Next time I go grocery shopping, I will get you some.

HELLO to all the chickies!!

Will come back later.

Love and Hugs

Old 09-13-2012, 08:19 AM   #133
Annie - Indiana

CHELLE...you are the sneaker inner today...Stay strong sister and may the force be with you. xoxo

Old 09-13-2012, 08:23 AM   #134
Annie - Indiana

Easy Beef Stroganoff - very tasty

1 (12 ounce) package egg noodles, cooked and drained
  • 6 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 2 pounds lean ground beef
  • 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 2 cups beef broth
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • salt and black pepper to taste
  1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook egg noodles in boiling water until done, about 8 minutes. Drain.
  2. Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. In a large skillet, cook mushrooms and onions in 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat until soft; remove from pan.
  3. Using the same pan, melt remaining butter. Cook ground beef in melted butter until browned. Mix in flour. Stir in beef broth, and cook until slightly thickened. Add mushroom and onion mixture; stir in sour cream. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Continue cooking until sauce is hot, but not boiling. Serve sauce over egg noodles.

Old 09-13-2012, 09:05 AM   #135
Some days not so much

Good morning all,

Thought it was Monday for a minute since I actually had 2 whole days off in a row. I went into town to run some errands and stopped in the shop and got the marching orders for the next 4 days of work. Yes, they expect alot but they are such good people. And what they expect is old fashioned responsibility, nothing unreasonable. Got all my errands run, was on my feet more than I'd like to but that's how it goes. Didn't get the tomatoes cooked up like I had wanted to either. So many things swirling in my head to get done before I leave.

Shad - one of my errands was to get the baby gift off to the post office. Done. Should get to your side of the pond in about 2 weeks. They said once it leaves the post office (didn't know if she meant literally the building or leaving this country), they can't say how long it will take. I can only hope that it doesn't take over a month like Scotland.

Far as I know Mom was still in the hospital last night. Called BIL at 7 and Sis had just texted him that they were still reviewing her potassium and INR (blood clotting factor) and they MIGHT let her go. Didn't hear otherwise so I assume they kept her one more night. My poor sister must be exhausted. I also called my best friend growing up last night. Her MIL lived across the street from my Mom and she and hubby are fixing up the house (MIL passed away a year ago), getting ready to sell and she is on vacation next week so we will be able to spend some time together. It's one of those friends where you might not talk for 6 months or even a year but when you do, it's like you were just together last week. Will be nice to see her as last Christmas we did such a short visit with family, we didn't get to see anyone.

Annie - if it's not out of your way I'd love if you sent me some of the spice packs. I will glady pay you for them. Your stroganoff recipe does sound delicious and easy. I LOVE stroganoff! Will have to file that one for when I get back. DH is making (or supposed to) a slow roasted beef stew that cooks at 250 degrees for 5 hours. We'll see how that comes out for supper tonight. Seems to me that running 5 hours of propane is not very economical but he wanted to try it. I'm afraid my old crock pot might just cook it too high. SOOOO funny about C cutting the grass to adjust for Sassy See, she just brings love to everyone she touchs.

It looks like we still have 2 hummingbirds left who did not get the message that they should have started their journey south long ago. Supposed to get below freezing tonight, I hope they can stay warm. Debating about whether I should try to salvage my herbs which are quickly petering out. Might just pop the rosemary into the garage when I get home as I'm sure DH is not going to fuss with things when I'm gone.

Mel - hope you have a wonderful day planned with Jen and you both have a good time today.

Michelle - I am sorry that you didn't get any sort of comfort from the counselor. Doesn't sound as if hubby had second thoughts and decided he made a huge mistake and was wrong, wrong, wrong. *sigh* I guess it remains to be seen how your talks go. I hope he will be in favor of the counselor as an intermediary but if he doesn't like conflict... My guy is not into telling strangers his issues so I can imagine what it's like trying to drag them into a session. My heart goes out to you I know you probably have no appetite and your stomach is a jumble but that's way too much weight to lose so soon and not good for you. Please make sure you take care of yourself - you can't afford to be getting sick either. Sending you love, strength and a virtual tongue depressor (to bite your tongue when needed) as you proceed with your talks this weekend. Be strong my friend.

About time to hop in the shower and then figure out what I want to take for lunch. House is stocked up so it's a matter of whether I want a cold sandwich or a hot lunch. Give me strength to get through the next 4 days on my feet.

Good morning to Laura, Ellen, Ceejay, Patty and Turtle. Catch you later.
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.