3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   September Sassy Sisters of the Worldlie Type (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/265506-september-sassy-sisters-worldlie-type.html)

happy2bme 09-06-2012 09:08 AM

Mornning chicks,

Work day for me today. Just breezing in to say hello. I want to leave a bit early today so no time for personals. Hope everyone is having a good day.

Special :hug: to you Michelle

Catch you later kids...

ceejay52 09-06-2012 10:26 AM

Michelle
Hugs, Sending you good vibes.

Happy
Sounds like you are "getting the hang" of the new job.

Hello to all the rest

Nothing new.

diyana 09-06-2012 11:35 AM

Hey everyone -

thanks for all the love, support, hugs and good vibes. More talks....he's going to "think about" whether he is willing to make the changes I need him to make: 1. Stop all contact with HER (his ex-gf and long time friend of more than 25 years - who he had planned to have a romantic getaway with this weekend); 2. Honesty....complete, unwaivering honesty. No lies, no secrets, no half-truths.

I would say based on the way he said he'd "think" about it....that his decision will not be affirmative. Only time will tell.

In the meantime, I'm here. I'm not on a 72-hour psych hold (which was practically inevitable last night). And I'm going out to dinner tonight with my Zumba buddies, though I doubt i'll share with them all the gory details of my sham of a marriage.

No plans for tomorrow, but I'm looking forward to spending time with Laura and Annie on Saturday and I promise I'll try and not be too depressing. :) :hug:

Love and hugs to all,

MELODY525 09-06-2012 12:20 PM

We actually got to shop today.
I am tired & achy all over & so is Jen.
Neither one of us have good energy with these
storms coming back to back.
As soon as I went into TJs, I noticed the store needed a delivery on a LOT of things.
So I didn't get as much as I wanted to. Jen either.
I'll have to go to another store and finish the shopping.
Right now I have to finish unpacking the dry goods.
Then I need a rest and some sinus meds.
The never ending story. :rofl:
I'll try to copme back later and read your posts.
In the meantime....stay out of trouble!!! :devil:

Laura705 09-06-2012 12:40 PM

Morning all. Weekend getting closer, but why is this short week dragging for me?? Need to get busier!!

Nothing much to report. I got the earlier train home yesterday. Bf and I went out to eat (again - took advantage of the $5 sandwich special at a restaurant we like, but of course, add on a salad and beverages and it ends up being more than just $5, haha). After that we went to bf's mum's place to drop off a case of bottled water we bought for her the other night and to pick up a vacuum cleaner she wants to sell. She only used it a couple times before getting another one that's lighter weight and easier to push around. Bf will sell it on craigslist.

Speaking of floor cleaning tools...we still have not purchased a steam mop or a carpet shampooing machine. Our area rugs need cleaning! Especially the one doggy likes to use as a post-meal napkin, LOL. :lol: Need to get busy on that, but I'm still trying to give the credit card a rest after the big vet and car repair bills!

===
Mel - Sorry the shopping trip wasn't as productive as you & Jen wanted. Hope you're feeling better after relaxing the rest of the day. How are your eyes doing??

Michelle - Sending more love, support, and hugs your way - what a very difficult, okay majorly sucky time for you. :hug: Glad you'll be out with friends tonight. :yes:

Annie - How's it going??

:wave: to the rest of you. Have a great day!

Shad 09-07-2012 02:31 AM

afternoon all,

Got 2.5sqm of crushed brick delivered today. I think I might have over estimated dimensions - ever hear about measure twice, cut once Shad? Think I might have some left over for the next part of the project. Anyway I have half filled the hole I dug and will finish that off tomorrow then it is a matter of fitting the pavers, tidying the whole thing up and putting the bins in place. One more day or maybe two, depending on how my muscles go tomorrow and it is finished. On with the next project.

Michelle - I'm glad you are taking this weekend off to meet up with Annie and Laura. Just what you need to get your mind off the problems at home.

Laura - my rugs need a bit of a clean as well. I might have to indulge in a cleaner as well.

Happy - still working away. How many days a week is it now?

Hi Ellen - rushing straight through again I see

Mel - seems the stores are not restocking until all the old stuff is mostly gone. Maybe they have been 'blessed' with out of date stuff and have had to chuck stuff out.

Looks like we might get some rain tonight. Wouldn't be before time, so I won't go out and put the hose on just yet. Maybe first think in the morning if it hasn't rained over night. It has that storm feeling about the afternoon.

annie175 09-07-2012 06:29 AM

Sorry for absentism (sp). Have been working the Humana hospitality tent at the PGA BMW Golf tournament at Crooked Stick. Was about 50 feet from Tiger Woods. Boy is he full of himself. It may be Sunday before I get back here.

Note to Chelle....go with your gut feeling on everything...usually it is right. May not want it to be but......Hugs and loves and prayers for strength for you.

Hello to all..

upswife 09-07-2012 07:56 AM

Good Morning Chicks! Busy day yesterday...took DD3 to story time at a local park. Ran to the store very quickly then back home. DS and DD1 had another Cross Country meet. I missed DD's race...bummer, but she did well. DS was not feeling well, but still ran a respectable race. he finally put on a great sprint at the end of the race. Back home and made sloppy joes for dinner.

Today the plan is to get thru as much laundry as possible...we are a little backed up. then work later. Hoping to sneak in a nap too if possible. LOL

Have a great day ladies!!

MELODY525 09-07-2012 08:13 AM

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE.
I NEED TO RUN DOWNSTAIRS FOR A MINUTE
BUT WILL BE BACK TO READ & POST.
JUST NOT FEELING MYSELF WITH ALL THIS HUMIDITY.
JEN & I HAVE BEEN WIPED OUT ALONG WITH THE SENIORS.
NEVER SEEN SO MANY IN & OUT OF THE HOSPITAL.
JUST SO IT'S NOT ME!!!:rofl:
BE BACK IN A BIT..................

MELODY525 09-07-2012 08:45 AM

http://www.graphicsgrotto.com/animat...gcfriday10.gif

:cofdate:FIRST I WANT TO WISH ALL OF YOU A GREAT TIME ON SATURDAY. I KEEP FORGETTING TO SAY THAT.
SAFE TRAVELS MY SISTERS:hug:
I WISH THE CIRCUMSTANCES WERE BETTER BUT YOU GALS CAN GIVE MICHELLE HAPPY BIRTHDAY HUGS FROM THE REST OF US.:hb: :gift:

MICHELLE....I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR THE NEWS.
ANNIE IS RIGHT...GUT FEELINGS USUALLY ARE THE WAY TO GO.
PRAYING FOR A GOOD OUTCOME. I WISH I HAD BETTER ADVICE.
I CAN ONLY SEND YOU HUGS AND GOOD THOUGHTS:hug:

ELLEN.....DOES YOUR CAR EVER HAVE A CHANCE TO COOL OFF??
BETWEEN WORK, SPORTS AND EVERYTHING ELSE IT MUST BE ON FIRE :flame:
YOU MADE ME LAUGH WITH DH & THE BEATLES.
I CAN STILL SEE THEM IN THEIR OUTFITS!!! :lol3: :lol3:
"Nothing to do to save his life call his wife in
Nothing to say but what a day, how's your boy been
Nothing to do it's up to you,
I've got nothing to say but it's OK
Good morning, good morning"

HAPPY....I DIDN'T SEE ANY CALIFORNIA ROLLS.
YOU'RE GETTING HAIL AND WE'LL BE SWEATING AND RAINED ON OVER THE WEEKEND. WEIRD WEATHER ACROSS THE NATION.
SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE TOMATOES. WISH I COULD SEND YOU THE HEAT! GOOD LUCK WITH WORK.
I KNOW YOU'LL DO FINE:hug:
WISH DH WOULD COOK FOR THE REST OF US:hun:

CEEJAY....WAVING A HAND AT YOU :wave:
NOTHING IS REALLY NEW HERE EITHER.
I'M THINKING THAT'S GOOD RIGHT NOW. LOL

LAURA....HAD A GOOD LAUGH AT THE DATE NIGHT WITH BF & WALMARTS.
ALSO WITH THE LOST PAPER VS A CLEANER OFFICE.
I AM USUALLY ORGANIZED BUT WHEN IT COMES TO PAPERS...
ONE ALWAYS SEEMS TO GO MISSING JUST WHEN YOU NEED IT.
I USUALLY BLAME IT ON JEN:rofl: :rofl:
AS FOR CARPETS...I BOUGHT A CHEAP ONE AT WALMARTS ONLINE.
THINK IT WAS $89 AND SO FAR IT WORKS GREAT.

** I liked that good morning pic too...kind of reminded me of something but I can't put my finger on it. :dunno:

SHAD....GLAD TO HEAR THE PROJECT IS MOVING ALONG.
THIS MUST BE GOOD CARDIO!!! LOL
I NEED TO GO LOOK AT THE WEBSITE FOR TIMES....
I FORGET NOW HOW FAR AHEAD OF US YOU ARE. DUH!!!
I THINK YOU ARE RIGHT ABOUT THE DUE BY DATES AT THE STORE.
LAST TIME I WENT, I NOTICED THEY WEREN'T THAT FAR AWAY SO I BOUGHT LESS. Hmmmmm

ANNIE...WOW!! WHAT A GREAT JOB.
I WOULD LOVE TO DO STUFF LIKE THAT.
GET TO MEET ALL THE SNOTTY RICH PEOPLE! LOL
HOPE YOU ARE HAVING A GOOD TIME ANYWAY!!

happy2bme 09-07-2012 09:05 AM

Hi ladies,

It seems my 2 day a week part time job is turning into much more than that. At least for a while. I was supposed to work every other day this week to get used to opening and closing the store myself. Worked Tuesday and yesterday. I was supposed to learn how to make popcorn yesterday but there is alot going on with the owner right now and we didn't get to it yesterday. I said I'd come in today so we could focus on that. We are still getting customers on a regular basis so it's already hard to keep switching between answering the phone, ringing orders, bagging product, stocking shelves and filling extra orders besides learning to make product which is something I assume you can't really pause once you start. Next week it will be me and the new girl only so I need to work Saturday so we can figure out a rhythm together. All this standing is rough on the back and feet. I'm hoping I can hold up ok working successive days. I know she is depending on me so I feel obligated to help out. Things will slow down the end of next month for a little while, then the holiday mail orders will pick up and then maybe I can go to 2 days a week in January :faint:

Right now my Mom is having her heart shock procedure to address her atrial fibulation. They shock the heart which hopefully sets it back into a normal rhythm. My heart is in my throat (both me and my Sis) that all goes well. Our big fear is a stroke for her. She also only has one good eye and that has a cataract which is pretty bad. She will need eye surgery too and she has macular degeneration. We are also in fear that something will happen which will blind her. She lost the sight in her eye a few years back - had a ruptured blood vessel that they could not stop bleeded other than to use a laser to cauterize it - the bright light with the macular blew the sight in that eye. So we worry about stroke and blindness which would shut her down. My Mom's a pretty fiesty lady - you can't help but love her but like her daughter she is fiercely independent ;) and wants to stay that way. So I am praying very hard that she will come through this procedure ok.

Mel - hope you can get some quiet time from the circus in the building and get some rest. Don't let yourself go over the edge. Mel first, ok? Sorry Jen is healing so slowly too. Frustrating that you picked a shopping day when the shelves were bare. I hate that too. :mad:

Annie - I would say have fun at the golf outing BUT for people like us they are often long hours of hard work. No surprise at all that Tiger has an ego as big as his sin list. Maybe he needs to be reminded that his glory days are long over :rofl:

Ellen - sounds like you have some track stars in the making :D It's great that the kids are active - so many of them prefer to sit in front of a computer now a days. Hope you can sneak that nap in.

Shad - sounds like the outside project is almost done. That was fast. Glad you are not procrastinators like us. :lol: Can't wait for pictures...

Laura - I too have noticed those $5 dinners are not really bargains. Same thing with Subway's specials where you have to buy a drink we'd not typically buy. Ruby Tuesday's would have a 10 dollar dinner special - buy one, get one 10 dollar entree free. Except as I pointed out to the waitress there were NO entrees priced at $10 - all were above that. So they took 10 off your bill but paying for a drink and the overage, no real bargain there. :rolleyes: Have a good weekend with the chicks.

Michelle :hug: So H (he does not deserve a D right now :mad: ) is going to "think" about whether he wants to be faithful????? Perhaps you need to think about whether you want to continue to be with him. Please do not sell yourself short or allow yourself to be treated in a way that is any less than the love and respect that you deserve. I have male friends I've made along the years but there is no way there would EVER be any romance involved (especially with the gay ones). :^: I'm sorry you are having so much pain in your life right now. Between your health and the job I can only hope that things will get better for you - finally. Try to take this weekend to enjoy yourself with friends who care about you. I also think this is pretty selfish of H what with the situation with DMIL. Sorry... I am an opinionated person here. Anyway, wishing you love and comfort and peace in your heart and that you will follow the path that is best for you :hug:

Ceejay - sometimes nothing new is a good thing ;) Still hot down by you? Our temps have dropped into 60's during the day - will probably have to cover the garden tonight as it's going to get near freezing. Autumn is rolling through on this side of the border :lol:

Gotta go get me some breakfast and figure out something more than a sandwich for lunch. Take care people, the weekend is almost upon us...

diyana 09-07-2012 09:50 AM

Hi ladies -

Another night of about 3 or 4 hours of sleep. Annie, I don't know how you do it.

I appreciate all your support, advice and opinions. I learned at roughly midnight or so that he mentioned to a friend that he's thinking about divorce. It's truly breaking my heart. I spend all day at work choking back the tears, and then my entire commute sobbing - not exactly safe for driving.

Speaking of driving....Laura, I know that you, Annie and I discussed that we would all rather my other friend not join us tomorrow....we'd rather it just be the three of us...but with my frequent freeway sobbing fits, I think it's a good idea for me to have a backup driver. I'm so sorry. And I mentioned to Annie that I would totally understand if either of you changed your mind because you didn't want to hang out with a crazy lady. Annie suggested that lunch and then talking/laughing, etc. (either at your house Laura or a park or wherever) rather than actually doing the touristy thing. I think this would be best. I'm so sorry for putting a damper on our fun get together and as I said, if you want to back out, I totally understand.

The only good thing to come out of this is I've lost 4 lbs. I feel nauseous most of the time...until I get really strong hunger pains....then I eat a little and I'm full.

I've got a meeting in about 10 minutes and then another meeting that will last all afternoon. After work, I think I'll just go to sleep early.

Happy - Can I get back to you about the website over the weekend or next week, when I am sleeping better and can think clearly?

Much love and many hugs,

ceejay52 09-07-2012 11:06 AM

Morning
Happy
It's supposed to cool down after this big cold front comes through tonight. Tomorrow's high is supposed to be 78, my kind of weather. Sounds like you are already learning lots of knew things.

Michelle, Annie and Laura
Have fun this week end. Michelle have a safe trip.

Mel
I've noticed that our Walmart shelves need to be restocked. But they are supposed to be moving to their new super walmart building in October or November.

Ellen
You deserve a nap after all those activities.

Annie
Wow working the booth that close to come of the golfers. I used to like Tiger Woods until his sins found him out. He's still an excellent golf pro.

------------
Rant ahead proceed with caution!!!!!!!!
I don't know why I let myself get roped into certain situations. My friend in Jonesboro texted me yesterday wanting me come baby sit her after her back pain management treatment. I was tired and didn't want to go plus my back had been bothering me this week also. I finally got up the courage to tell her no. She's trying to get me to move over there to take care of her. She ran off the one friend that was going to do that. NO thank you--there's too many past and hurt feelings for me to do that, due to her divorce. Yes, I've forgiven her but I've not forgotten what she's done. I'm surprised that I've finally allowed myself to be her friend again. I've told myself that after I had the trip to ER that I would not and will not push myself. I have health problems also.
It will depend on the weather tonight and tomorrow as if I get to go to Paragould. I don't really want to. But I need to get my hair cut.

Laura705 09-07-2012 12:05 PM

Morning all. TGIF!!!

Michelle - :hug: I'm so sad & po'd that you're going through all this. What a terrrible thing loss of trust is, and the whole way it's come to light...yeh, there is definitely no "d" before the "h", and I can think of a few choice names I'd like to apply but I will hold back... I definitely don't want to cancel tomorrow - you need to get away and I hope we can hang and laugh and have fun. I do have a possible favor to ask of you and/or Annie - since we will be staying local, is it possible to use either of your cars to get around? Turns out a really big car show is this weekend and bf wants to go and the one person he knows that's going (three others can't make it) wants to get there a few hours before the show even starts to "gladhand" (don't ask, lol) and bf doesn't want to do that. I feel like a heel since you're both driving hours and I'm not, so I hate to ask... so I might just make bf cope without the car. Let him be inconvenienced for a change! No problem re your friend coming along, I feel better that you have someone who can drive if need be.

Happy - Wow, trial by fire, huh? There really must be something going on with the owner to hire someone one week and foist all that responsibility onto them the next...I know you and your co-worker will handle it, but you'll sure be tired. Things will slow down by the end of next month??!! :yikes: So much for retirement -but the extra money sure will be nice. Said a prayer for your mum that the procedure is a success & was without complications. Re the dining deals that really aren't - what I'd really like to do is get into the habit of eating at home a lot more than we do now and make dinner out a special thing where we choose a special restaurant maybe once or twice a month, not just go out to some unspecial place near home by default because we didn't plan our meals.

Mel - I hope you start feeling more like yourself again. I do hate the very humid weather (or as bf says, it's not just the humidity, it's the dewpoint, lol). Yes, no hospital for Mel!!!! Wish I could blame bf on the missing papers, but unfortunately, it's all me on this one. Re the carpet cleaner, yeh, I wonder if we could get by with a less expensive unit because we only have area rugs and runners and even with the dog, they don't get completely trashed or anything...

Ellen - Busy as ever, I see. Nice that you're kids are into the running - that's a good exercise activity they can do for themselves for the rest of their life if they choose. Well, I hope you get that nap in - I got tired just read about your day, haha. The book I'm reading is about a woman who loses 10 years of her memory from a head injury and so she's amazed how busy her days are taking care of her three kids, LOL.

Annie - Enjoy working the golf event - nice change of pace for you. Hope the weather is good. See you tomorrow!!!

Shad - Near the finish line now. The bf and I need to take a page from your book - we've gotten very complacent in regards to home improvement projects the past several years. :rolleyes:

Hi Ceejay - How's the weekend going so far??
===
Spent more time in the office last night looking at my papers and putting together a puzzle. Still not there yet. Cursing the missing info. I'll have to dig some more.

Dinner was apricot glazed pork roast - a very simple slow cooker recipe I pulled from my former boss's wife's cookbook. All the pages I photocopied from that book and not one gives me a clue as to the cookbook title. Anyway, it was delicious. We didn't tie off the pork roast so it came apart and it was more like pulled pork. We ate it over rice - yum. Another slow cooker recipe I want to try is a vegetable curry - bf and I lke curry a lot. Probably would add meat for bf.

Re the steam mops - did some research and I've learned it's not recommended for laminate or hardwood floors, so I'll skip it and stick with what we currently use - one of those cotton mops with the built in thingie that squeezes out the water, or our floormate, or our swiffer with a wet rag attached instead of the dusting cloth. As for carpet cleaning machines - jeez they can be expensive! But you'd eventually recover the cost of what you might spend on professional carpet cleaning companies or rental machines...especially if you can use the machine to clean upholstery.

Okay, enough rambling and interruptions. Back to work. Have a great day everyone. :flow1:

Laura705 09-07-2012 12:08 PM

Ceejay - good for you standing up for yourself!! Your health comes first!!