Old 09-24-2012, 09:04 AM   #241  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Thanks Mel for checking that for me.

This morning I have a nagging headache that started yesterday so I'm taking precautions and taking some over the counter excedrin migraine tablets. I'm not sure how my body will handle the prescribed med's. This headache is probably from all the stress my body has endured from working all this overtime. I reset the alarm for this morning to go off at 5.40 a.m. and this helped a bunch. My brain was telling my body not to get up.
So looking forward to being off this week end. I'm tempted to cancel my dr's appt. in Jonesboro so I can sleep in. The appt is at 9 a.m and is for a follow up so I really don't have to go. The doctor I use here will be back in his office on October 3. Think I'll wait till then to get my flu shot.

Every one have a great day.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:26 AM   #242  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

CEEJAY...SORRY YOU HAVE THE HEADACHE.
THANK GOD YOU'LL HAVE THE WEEKEND TO REGROUP
SLEEPING IN THIS WEEKEND SOUNDS GOOD TO ME.
GET THE FLU SHOT AS LATE AS YOU CAN.
IT ONLY LASTS FOR SO LONG.

ANNIE....I GOT MY MAIL FROM ALL LAST WEEK.
KEPT FORGETTING TO EMPTY THE MAILBOX
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE BRUSCHETTA STUFF!!
WE'RE GOING TO TRADER JOE'S NEXT WEEK AND I'M BUYING THE TOMATOES & CHICKEN THERE.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:56 AM   #243  

Morning all. Happy Monday. Or is it "Happy Monday?"

Shad - What a cutie Sophia is! Thanks for posting the pics. Yeh, I don't think this is an unusual thing, but the self-clean feature on my oven heats to a high temp for a minimum of 2.5 hours (that's the shortest cycle), so anything in there gets burned off. The oven wasn't all that dirty, so I don't know why there was a smell...wasn't happy that after all that, the oven window didn't come clean! Don't recall that problem before. Bf took care of it, so all is clean and shiny now.All in all, I do agree that it still beats the nasty oven cleaning foam, etc. Mmmm, lavender.

Ceejay - 3 days is good, especially if you cancel the dr appt and sleep in! Hope the headache goes away quick. I also got the same message as Mel when going to your blog.

Mel - Like the laundry graphic. The dripping clothes was like my swimsuit dripping on the dryer rack Saturday - with a dishpan underneath to catch the drops. I'd rinsed my suit a couple times at the hotel after wearing it last weekend, then back at home I put it in water to soak some more and forgot about it the whole week!! Surely the chlorine is out of it now!! That's me wanting to preserve this swimsuit so I don't have to shop for another one any time soon, LOL!! Enjoy laundry day!!

Hellos to the rest of the bunch!
==
Where did I leave off? Oh, the self-cleaning oven. During that, got out in the yard w/ doggy for some fresh air and sun and talked to my mum on the phone. Then to Trader Joe's and Aldi, then home. Lunch, then a dog walk. Our e-mail wasn't working since Saturday morning, and then I did an update on my iPhone. I'm awful with iTunes, but I did get the operating system updated. My e-mail didn't make it through the update. Now wondering just what I've lost, but I still have it on the e-mail in our desktop, so it's probably just anything from Sat. & Sun.

Watched part of The Big Sleep with Bogie & Bacall and that was it for the weekend.

Have to get back to exercise so I might head over after work to buy a fitness passport tonight. There are 15 weeks left. I will buy the 18 class passport and supplement with something else.

TTFN!!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:24 PM   #244  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

The wicked witch of the west just flying by on her broom today. Past Happy's lollipop stand. In a weird mood and blah today.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:49 PM   #245  

Annie
It's okay to have these weird moods.

Laura,
Sounds like you had a nice week end regardless of cleaning the oven. My boss brought over a sign up sheet for flu shots. So I'm canceling my appt.
for Thursday and staying home.
Old 09-25-2012, 04:14 AM   #246  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Phew - what a day. Planted plants in the garden, repotted some other plants, cleaned up the cr*p around the joint, mowed the lawn, and finally cleared up some more junk in the 3rd bedroom. Now got a beef casserole in the oven and have had a wine to tide me over. Tomorrow is more of the same only in the front yard, a trip to the dump or maybe two trips, clean up the yard and pack some more of DS2's stuff. Then finish off the 3rd bedroom and the house is finished spring cleaning. Some stuff to go up in the roof and some stuff to go out in the shed and probably a trip to the hardware store for some security latches for the windows and doors. DS2 is staying at his rental home while renovating. Can't blame him for that. He's got a lot of expensive tools and materials in the place. The cat will go round there for a 'holiday' until I get back. I think I am going there for a rest.

Laura - I love my pyrolitic oven. Shortest cycle is 1.30hours. It gets awfully hot in there and every bit of gunk is reduced to a pile of ash. Good to hear that you are going to be back in the gym soon

Annie - I thought I was the witch of the west. Have broomstick, will fly. Turbo charged as well. Feel better soon

Mel - no more jewellery, at least that is what I am saying now. If something pops up that is irresistable, then I may indulge. It's not likely. I shall be going down to Adelaide on one of my 'weekends off'. I will give her the smooch then. Which reminds me, I have to take Happys parcel with me.

Okay - must be off. Dinner is almost ready and I need another glass of wine. Lordy, even my fingers are stiff. I need a rest. However a friend from Melbourne is coming up on Thursday night and staying until lunchtime Sunday. She is looking for an apartment on river to buy for when she retires. Only wants to spend 1.2million. but then again, I guess she has earned it. Spent a lot of her younger years setting herself up for her future and is now about to reap the benefits. Have a fun day
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:14 AM   #247  
Happy September

MORNING CHICKLETTES

DANG I'S COLD OUTSIDE!
I HAD TO TURN ON THE HEATER LAST NIGHT ON LOW.
GOING TO MISS THE SUMMERY OUTDOORS.
NOTHING NEW REALLY....BOSS IS AWAY ON NCONFERENCE.
BLDG HAS BEEN QUIET. ONLY ONE CALL.
WE WERE SORTING THRU LINENS YESTERDAY.
FUNNY HOW SHEETS CAN ROT SITTING ON THE SHELF! LOL
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY

LAURA....MY BIGGEST "HATE" WAS BATHING SUIT SHOPPING!!
EVEN WHEN I WAS SKINNY. YUCK!
WONDER WHY THAT IS??
Yes....I WOULD THINK YOURS OS CHLORINE FREE!!
THE BIG SLEEP THEY SAID HAD A COMPLICATED PLOT.
FOR THE LIFE OF ME I CANNOT REMEMBER IT
BUT I AM SURE I MUST HAVE SEEN IT.
DID YOU GET THE EXERCISE PASS??? JUST CHECKING.

ANNIE....HAPPY FLYING....

CEEJAY.....GLAD YOU'RE STAYING HOME.
BET YOU COULD USE THE TIME HOME FOR RESTING

SHAD......I ALMOST FAINTED AT YOUR WORK LIST YESTERDAY.
THEN I REALLY FAINTED WHEN I READ 1.2 MILLION!!!
GOD BLESS HER!! HOPE SHE FINDS SOMETHING SHE LIKES.
GLAD YOU'RE GETTING LATCHES FOR THE WINDOWS ETC.
MAYBE WE SHOULD ALL GO TO DS2'S FOR A HOLIDAY WITH MISS PUSS!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 09-25-2012 at 07:16 AM.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:41 AM   #248  
Annie - Indiana

Morning Girls...still in a funky mood...but will dredge through it. Hard to believe I was a spelling bee champ for my school in the 8th grade and now I can barely remember how to spell anything. My mind is going.. Don't know what brought that thought on..but oh well. Geez I have such random thoughts going through my mind today....like the song..Delta Dawn...what's that flower you have on? I am warped.

I picked my last 5 cucumbers last night out of the garden, still have a ton of green tomatos. I will give them till the predict frost, then will pick and put them in a brown bag for ripening. Tons of banana peppers and green peppers to pick also. May have to freeze some. Also picked the last of my green onions, chopped them up for drying then will store for future use.

MELLIE....it is amazing the things that rot when we don't use them for a while...lol.

SHADDIE...love your to "done" list. A lot accomplished. Amazing what we can get done when we get on a roll. Tell your friend to spend only half that much on a house and forward the remainder to me...

LAURA...I used to have a self cleaning oven and hated it. Didn't like how hot the house got and it usually had a strange smell. I prefer to use Easy Off and just do it more regularly then it is not quite so bad. Not that I like cleaning the oven at all, but like Shadlet says, it must be done.

CEEG...did you get rid of your headache? Only a couple more days left of this work stretch...sending you good energy vibes.

CHELLE...hang in there, it will all come together soon.

ELLEN...I imagine you are off doing something for someone, don't forget about YOU.

HAPPY...hope all is well with your momma and you are keeping your wits about you. Hope you and Laura get a chance to meet.

Hello to all

Better get at this pile of cr*p on my desk.

Love and Hugs.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:03 AM   #249  

Morning

Still have a nagging headache. But the migraine meds are keeping them at bay. I didn't sleep well last night either.
Got a text from gf in Jonesoboro wanting me to come and talk in person about something that is in the works. I'm not sure what that's all about. Guess I'll wait till next week to find out what's going on.

Shad
You get more done in one day than I would in a month. But doesn't it feel good to have all that done.

Annie
Feel better soon.

Mel
Love the picture. Wish I were there sitting on the porch. Our temps the past couple of days were in the lower 50's but will be climbing back to the mid 80's this week end. I love the fall weather.

Last edited by ceejay52; 09-25-2012 at 09:04 AM.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:47 AM   #250  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies -

Just a quick check in to let you know I'm still alive. I've started sorting and packing. And I found a place for me and my doggie Santa to live. It's a really nice lower half of a duplex. It's plenty big 3BR (so there is a guest room if any of you chicks want to come for a visit). And it's got a lovely 4 season room facing the backyard. The backyard is small but nice, and it backs up to a secluded neighborhood park...so I'll be able to walk Santa there and I'll also set up a dog cable run in the backyard. There's also an off-leash dog park very close by. It's within 10 minutes of where I currently live (which will be convenient for visiting the other two dogs), and it's closer to the gym. I think this will work out great! I'll be moving in either the weekend before or weekend after November 1.

This is exciting, scary and bittersweet all at the same time. My emotions are a real rollercoaster...but I'm getting through it. I've got to focus on what I need to get done to move on.

I love you all and appreciate your support.

Much love and many hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:37 AM   #251  

Morning everyone.

Michelle - Sounds like a nice place, and a good location. Glad you're getting through. Keep the focus!!

Ceejay - Boo on the headache. Hope the meds finally get it gone. Your friend is sounding mysterious...

Annie - I'll still bear with the strange smell of the self-clean cycle over the messy oven cleaner foam. And we don't do nearly as much cooking as you, so I don't do the self clean cycle as often. Speaking of cooking...yesterday bf made the beef stroganoff recipe you posted last week - yum. Since we only had one pound of beef after we used a pound for tacos the other night, we just used the one pound and it was enough for us. We thought we'd use more mushrooms next time (we both love them) and maybe tweak it up with some red wine in place of some of the beef broth. But just as we had it last night, it was soooo delish and easy too. I ate more than I'd planned... It's a keeper!

Mel - So many reasons to hate swimsuit shopping, not enough time to list, LOL. Yeh, the plot of The Big Sleep is a bit twisty, but you just have to go with it and enjoy the dialog, especially between B & B. In the intro to the movie, the host said that the movie wasn't completed or released for nearly two years because they decided they really liked the chemistry between B&B and wanted to shoot more scenes with them. (They eventually married.) Love that porch you posted! The woman sitting on the train next to me had the paper and I glanced over and saw the headline something akin to "Dry summer, dull fall" which I guess means they are predicting less autumn color - boo. Pictures might have to substitute for the real thing. No, I did not get the exercise pass last night. Shame on me. Not sure when I will this week...

Shad - Have to look up pyrolitic...Gee, hope your friend can find something nice for $1.2 mill!!!

Hellos to Happy, Ellen, Patty & Mary - did I forget anyone???
===

Nothing much to report, since I already mentioned to Annie the yummy Beef Stroganoff I had for dinner last night. Movie night was moved to Thursday this week. My contact lens order is ready to pick up, so I'll do that tonight. Also have some library materials to return. Might watch the end of The Big Sleep. That's about it for me.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:57 AM   #252  
Happy September

MORNING CHICKS
I ALREADY PUT REPORTS FROM LAST NIGHT DOWN IN THE OFFICE.
I LOVE THAT SLOT IN THE DOOR....JUST SHOVE IT IN THERE
POOR OLD GENT PULLED HIS CORD BY ACCIDENT. HE WAS SO EMBARASSED.
I THINK HIS DOG REALLY DID IT THOUGH.
YESTERDAY TURNED OUT TO BE A LOVELY DAY.
WENT OUTSIDE FOR A FEW BUT I DID GET A LOT DONE INDOORS.
NOTHING NEW HERE. UNEXCITING LIFE!!
HAVE A GREAT DAY

ANNIE......YES...I AM AMAZED AT ROTTING THINGS TOO....LIKE MY BODY
MAYBE I BETTER START USING IT
HOPE THE FUNKY MOOD LIFTS. MAYBE IT'S THE THOUGHT OF DARKER DAYS.
JEN & I GET THE FALL BLUES SOMETIMES.
SPEAKING OF THOUGHTS...FIRST I WAS SINGING ELLEN'S BEATLE HIT,
NOW I AM SINGING HALL & OATES TUNES.....WARPED HERE TOO.

CEEJAY....THEY SAID SUMMER IS COMING BACK HERE TOO
I LOVED THAT PORCH PICTURE ALSO.
WE COULD SITH & CHAT THERE FOREVER WATCHING THE WORLD GO BY!
HOPE JONESBORO IS A GOOD THING AND I HOPE YOUR HEAD FEE;S BETTER TOO!
YOUR "JAIL SENTENCE" IS ALMOST OVER...THEN YOU CAN REST UP

MICHELLE.....GOOD GIRL!! FOCUS ON ALL THE GOOD STUFF.
ALL THE WONDERFUL NEW THINGS YOU WILL ENJOY.
SENDING GOOD & HAPPY THOUGHTS YOUR WAY!
THE NEW PLACE SOUNDS WONDERFUL! HAPPY DECORATING.
YES YOUR FEELINGS WILL BE ALL OVER THE PLACE.
LET THEM JUST WASH OVER YOU AND LEAVE.
I KNOW YOU CAN DO THIS.

LAURA.....LAUREN & BOGIE MADE A GOOD PAIR.
BUT THEY DID SEEM AN ODD COUPLE.
I THINK THE LEAVES ON THE TREES DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO THIS YEAR.
HOT....COLD...HOT....WHAT A MESS THIS WEATER IS.
YOU CRACKED ME UP WITH THE LONG LIST AGAINST SWIMSUIT SHOPPING
SO MUCH TO SAY....SO LITTLE TIME

Last edited by MELODY525; 09-26-2012 at 07:59 AM.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:40 AM   #253  
Annie - Indiana

Mornin..still feeling a lil funky. THink I need a swift kick in the booty.

Boring evening...dinner...a little tube and bed.

MELLIE...thank God for drop slots. They have come in handy in my past. Kind of like knocking on the door and running away before they answer....haha

LAURA...what is the movie this week? Did I miss the title?

CEEG...hope the head is better today...hugs

CHELLE...you are getting stronger every day...I can feel it in your posts...keep on truckin'.

Hi the the rest of the worldlies.

Love and hugs
Old 09-26-2012, 09:59 AM   #254  

Woke up this morning at 4 a.m. with a full blown headache. I took no chances and took a rx for the migraine. It's still with me but not as bad. It has to be the stress of all the hours worked.
Today is day 12 of 12. So looking forward to my three days off. Called the doctor's office and moved my appointment up to next week. Think this will be the last time I'm going to Jonesboro. I learned my lesson to keep a doctor here in town.

Mel
I wish all places of business had those slots. Poor guy must have been embarrassed about the alarm.

Annie
Hang in there. Thses moods can linger on a bit. Just tell them your the boss and get out.

Not much else is happening.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:08 AM   #255  

Height: 5'5"

Hi ladies, I've been running a little behind. Will catch up nd post soon
upswife is offline   Reply With Quote