3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

September Sassy Sisters of the Worldlie Type

Old 09-19-2012, 05:12 PM   #211

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Another day coming up and I had better get out there and do something. All this digging is getting a little old now, but it needs to be done and I am determined to have it looking reasonably neat and tidy before I go away.

Karen3 - thank you for the link on Chooka Parker. A talented young man for sure. I don't watch Aust. Got Talent. These days I watch very few musical type shows and have little to do with music. Years ago I was in big with the music industry, but various things happened and two that changed my life completely. I've watched families almost bankrupt themselves for the sake of their 'talented' youngsters and I have watched the music industry break lives into tiny pieces. It is not for me.

Laura - hope you manage to find an exercise class or classes that you can enjoy. Instructors make all the difference.

Ceejay - just passing through is good sometimes. Have fun.

Annie - wow - looked at that website, they sure are having a big wedding party. Hope you all have a wonderful day. Try to remember that it is not the wedding, wedding settings, dress or cake that is important, it is the life we have together after the BIG day.

Michelle - hope things are looking up a bit for you. One step at a time will be the way to go. One step, then the next. It's all about you now.

Happy - probably now on the way to Mum's place. Hope that all settles down nicely for you. However, knowing how stubborn some old ladies can get and how resistant to change, you might have an interesting week or two. Glad to hear that DH's trip to the Dr went well.

Ellen - still keeping busy I see. Hope the walk with mum went well.

Mel - Thunderrstorms and rain AND wind. Well we have been promised the same for a while now, and all we got were 2 small showers. Welcome ones but just two showers. Glad to hear that the cops gave the lady a bit of hurry up. Hope she takes the hint. (but not nudge, nudge, wink, wink)

Got another huge list to see to today. Maybe I will be glad to get back to the office and have a rest. However I see my luck with weather is holding. I am going to Darwin in the summer! How stupid am I? Darwin is just a hop, skip and jump from the Equator and the summer consists of heat, deluges, storms and the odd rainbow. Well we will see what I am made of now won't we.

Hey Turtle, I took up your invitation on facebook. I look forward to having some time to go through your page. Thanks.

Okay, better go get on with it. Catch you later.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:21 AM   #212
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Morning girls...thought I would post this morning from home before my day gets any busier. Louisville later in my posts known as LV, will be in our office today. Hope to find out a little about our future. I am looking forward to it. Will be a crazy busy day. Meetings, meetings, meetings....blah.

Sassy had her first "real" accident in the house. I fell asleep on the couch, C was already in bed, and I didn't get her out for her last potty before going to bed. I woke up at 1 am to Sassy asleep in some folded towels on the floor that I didn't get put away and a lil pile of poo on the throw rug. It was dry and like a couple of mini carrots in a pile. I took her out to P and we went to bed. Yes she slept with me last night. She was very good and didn't want to get up with C and I at 4 am. haha....She is sitting in my lap and wanting to play...sooooooo..

Gonna fold clothes out of the dryer, head to the shower, get ready for work, take the lil doggie babe to sissy, and head to work. Management will be there 8 am sharp. I hope to arrive at 7 instead of my usual 7:30 to be prepared.

Have a great day all...maybe will get back if management leaves early enough.

Loves hugs and prayers.

Lap RNY 2/12/07- weightloss: 163 lbs; 306 SW; 143 CW
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:55 AM   #213
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

MORNING CHICKS

JEN & I HAD A GOOD DAY YESTERDAY.
RICHIE CAME HOME EARLY AND WE GOT STUFF DONE WITH MY PC DESK.
THEN WE STUFFED THINGS BACK INTO MY CLOSET.
I HAD A QUILT IN THERE THAT'S NEW BUT TOO HEAVY FOR ME.
NOW THEY HAVE A NEW ONE
LIFE ON THE EAST COAST IS GOOD.
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY

SHAD....DARWIN IN THE SUMMER???
IS THAT FOR A JOB?? OR IS MICK TORTURING YOU??
DON'T FORGET THE CAMERA!!!
ARE YOU NEARING THE END OF YOUR SPRING CLEANING & THE TO DO LIST?

ANNIE....IF I WAS SASSY, I WOULDN'T BE PUTTING MY PRIVATE PARTS ON COLD WET GRASS EITHER!!
POOR LITTLE THING. WAIT TILL WINTER.
YOU'LL HAVE TO CARRY HER OUT THERE!!!
I WILL CHECK OUT THE WEDDING SITE LATER.
PART 2: HOPE LV WORKS OUT IN YOUR FAVOR.
WILL KEEP FINGERS CROSSED
HAD A LAUGH AT THE CARROT PILE!! ROFLMAZZOFF

ELLEN.....GLAD MOM CAN GO THAT FAR.
SHE REALLY IS DOING A GREAT JOB.
GETTING TOO COLD HERE FOR MY RIDES TOO.
HOPE YOU WILL FEEL BETTER TODAY
YES...THE GOVT TAKES AWAY 1/2 OF WHAT I EARN OUT OF MY CHECK.
IT'S LIKE WORKING 2 WEEKS FOR FREE

CEEJAY....GLAD THINGS ARE GOING WELL IN YOUR NECK OF THE WOODS.
HANG IN THERE!!

LAURA...I LIKED THAT PIC TOO OF THE RAIN.
YOU DID MORE THAN I DID YESTERDAY.
ALL I DID WAS WATCH RICHIE DO EVERYTHING

KAREN....THINK I REMEMBER YOU FROM DAYS WHEN I USED TO BROWSE THE FORUMS.
I'LL CHECK OUT THE LINK LATER.

Last edited by MELODY525 : 09-20-2012 at 07:57 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:57 AM   #214

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone! Yesterday was good, Mom decided that she didn't want to drive over but she did call to let me know that she walked by her house. DD3 and I went food shopping and stopped at Goodwill and got 2 nice sweatshirts for DS.

I was lazy and made the same quick pasta dish for dinner yesterday...LOL it's a good thing my family is not picky. I am really sore today? Must have slept wrong or the weather had a change.

DD3 and I are going out to story time at a local park again and mom shoud be stopping by for another walk...she will be back to her old self soon, esp if we keep pushing. DS and DD have cross country practice today after school, good thing they bus them over, then all I have to do is pick them up!

Ok have to grab some breakfast and coffee. Luv and Hugs ladies!!

Take each day as it comes!

First Mini Goal

upswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:32 AM   #215
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Safe travels, Happy! I hope your mom's condition improves and that you have a nice visit with her.

I'm still WAY behind on personals...sorry about that.

Things are going....better....my husband and I are staying in the house (separate bedrooms)...and while things get...intense...at times which is mostly because my emotions are still occasionally volatile. Understandable since I've only had a few weeks to process this and less than a week since he dropped the official bomb. Anyway, we are discussing a settlement that will be fair and allow for me to have a fresh start. And he's being reasonable about "custody" of the dogs. I am looking for a nice place to live that will allow 1 dog (I will take Santa). So overall things are improving. Now that I'm getting my head on straight...it's time for me to look toward my future and get my stuff sorted and boxed up for moving.

Much love, hugs and appreciation to all,

Say it... shout it... believe it... "I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!"...then DO IT!

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." ~ Edwin Louis Cole

My Mini Goals:
1) Exercise 5 days per week 45 minutes per day
2) Stick to a 1,200 calorie a day diet
3) Goal weight for bariatric surgery: 224
4) Make the most of each moment
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:16 PM   #216

Morning all. End of the workweek in sight!!

Michelle - Sounds like you're headed in the right direction. Glad to hear it!

Ellen - Glad your mom's recovery is going well. Yeh, nice your family isn't picky - my bf doesn't like to eat the same thing twice in a row. If I like the meal, it doesn't matter to me!!

Mel - Glad Richie helped you around the apt. Yeh, bf and I have a very nice down comforter that is very warm, but too warm for us! We'd rather have a lighter one and add another blanket if need be. We've used it very little - might put it up for sale on craigslist. Besides, our heated mattress pad, 10+ years old, has gone kaput, so we could use the $$ from the sale of the comforter to put towards the purchase of a new pad. Hope you have another quiet day today and that it gets warm enough for you to get out and enjoy it.

Annie - Awww...accidents happen! Hope the LV meetings go well today.

Shad - Had to look at a map to see where you'll be headed and its relation to the equator - wow, you'll be way up there, that's for sure!! Will you be in the city or out in rural areas?

Hellos to the rest of the Worldlies!
==
Sorted laundry after work and did one load and did one BE workout. That was about it. Boss and sr mgr are out again today, so it's quiet - not that I don't get interruptions!

Plenty to do, so I better finally get this posted.

Last edited by Laura705 : 09-20-2012 at 12:17 PM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:06 PM   #217
gettin' with the plan

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Michelle
Hugs. Things are hard right now, but hang in there. Soon you'll have some peace and quite in you own space.

Day 5 out of 11. I'm not over doing things. My house looked really good.
Tonight I'm doing a load of laundry and some ironing. Then to bed at 9 p.m.
I think sleep is most important right now for me.

Also heard from my friend in Jonesboro. Thinks she's been taking to many of those hard drugs and sleeps 3/4ths of the time.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:26 PM   #218
Some days not so much

S/C/G: Macys Balloon/Chubbette/OK

Height: Fun Size

Hi all,

Got here safe and sound. DH is also back home now safe also. Traffic wasn't as bad for him as it appeared when we were driving down so I am grateful for that. Mom is no worse for all the wear. Should be a very interesting 2 weeks. It is hard to move her when she digs her feet in. Today was nice, we spent the day at my sister's house, had a fast food lunch (which my stomach complained about), went to the library and got a couple of books to read, went for a pedicure which I desperately needed and then sat around and had a good chat with all the family members.

We're about to hit the hay since we have to get up early to all get ready on time and out the door when we need to.

Glad to hear the chicks are doing well.

Michelle - I am glad that the words fair and equitable have entered into the conversation. I was wondering what was going to happen to the fur babies. Still pulling for you and sending good thoughts your way

Annie - DH told me there was an envelope in the mail for me - I'm thinking it's my special package of spices. Thank you so much I don't know where my brain was but I thought you said ORANGE instead of OREGANO I've been looking for orange and basil and looking at a different kind of package - finally googled it on the internet and now I know what to look for. I will check out the wedding link as soon as I get internet access again.

Laura - I know what you mean about the down comforter. I have a really lightweight down "blanket" I got from JC Penney that I love. It weighs about a quarter of a pound - so light you don't think it will keep you warm but all it needs is a bit of body heat and there's just the right amount of warmth. Not sure I'd like the heated pad as it would warm up my pillows

Ellen - sounds like your Mom is making some great progress on the walking. Good to hear. Sometimes those no recipe / throw them together dishes, especially with pasta are the best kind of meal.

Hi Karen

Mel - I'm glad to hear that life on the east coast is a good one for you right now. How nice that Jen has a new comforter

Ceejay - sounds like you are still managing to get something done each night besides the long work week. You deserve a for that.

Shad - Darwin in the Summer? Is that as bad as Darwin in the winter? Probably not half as bad as Coober Peddy (sp ???) Still, good thing you are better with the heat than the cold.

Ok, sister is going to bed, guess it's high time the rest of us went too. I'll sign off for now. Not sure when I'll have internet access again but when I do I'll sign in. Till then I will send good thoughts and Good night all...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:03 AM   #219

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Evening all,
Had a very busy day and am now worn out so this won't be a long post.

Dug some more holes today and will finish that bit tomorrow and fill it up with gravel. That's the last of the digging for this time. Also turned everything out of the 2nd bedroom and cleaned that - all DS2's clothes are now on the floor of the living room. I need him to sort through them and chuck out the cr*p. Then I started in on the 3rd bedroom and now have stuff all over the place while I clean that out. I was hoping that I could put DS2's stuff back in the main bedroom but he's not sure if he is going to stay here while I am away. I guess we will work it out eventually.

The modem/ router gave out today as well. DS2 spent something like about $249 on the router only a few months back. Possibly a year. I spent an hour on the phone yelling at the d*ckhead technician who was fairly obviously doing something else at the same time. Naturally English wasn't his first language. So when I go down to by a new one tomorrow, I will be getting a cheap one and one which is far more compatible with my telephone system than that one was. At the moment I am using my travel modem to get me on line and talking. Otherwise you wouldn't hear from me at all this weekend. Until I remembered this, I was wondering who to ring to tell you all I was no longer on the network.

Better go and get on with the night. If I sit here for much longer I will be stiffened into this shape.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:51 AM   #220
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

MORNING WORLDLY CHICKS.
IS EVERYONE READY FOR THE WEEKEND??
I'VE HAD A VERY GOOD WEEK.
NOTHING MUCH GOING ON OVER HERE.
WEEKEND IS SUPPOSED TO WARM UP & BE SUNNY.
MAYBE I CAN GO OUT FOR A BIT.
HOPE EVERYONE HAS A WONDERFUL WEEKEND.

SHAD....YOU CAN ALWAYS CALL HERE.
AT LEAST THERE'S AN ANSWERING MACHINE TO TALK TO!!
SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE PC PROBLEMS.
HOPE YOU GET SET UP SOON AND BUY A GOOD ONE.
THANK GOD THIS SET UP IS DOING FINE
MAYBE DS2 NEEDS A CONFERENCE WITH THE DSGF...IS THAT A WORD???
HAVE A SUPER WEEKEND SORTING & DIGGING.
BUT DON'T PUT THE DS'S CLOTHES IN THE HOLES!!!

HAPPY....GLAD EVERYONE GOT WHERE THEY NEEDED TO GO SAFE & SOUND.
HOPE MOM DOESN'T PUT CEMENT SHOES ON HER FEET!!
I THINK SOME OF THE SENIORS HERE HAVE THEM
WILL WATCH FOR YOU TO POST IF YOU GET A CHANCE.
STAY WELL AND KEEP MOM FROM HURTING HERSELF!!!

CEEJAY...GLAD YOU'RE SLEEPING WELL.
IT IS MOR IMPORTANT THAN CLEANING HOUSE.
HOPE THE NEXT FEW DAYS GO BY QUICKLY.
SPORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE FRIEND.
WE HAVE FRIENDS THAT OVER DO THE MEDS TOO. SAD.
SHE'S LUCKY YOU CHECK UP ON HER

LAURA.....GREAT IDEA ABOUT MAKING MONEY FOR THE NEW HEATING PAD.
JEN WAS THINKING OF GETTING ONE OF THOSE.
JUST TO TAKE THE CHILL OFF THE BED.
SHE THINKS THE QUILT WEIGHS TOO MUCH FOR HER LEGS TOO.
SHE'LL TRY IT OVER THE WEEKEND.
I SHOWED HER THE DUCK TOURS AND SHE LOVED THE CAR/BOAT TOO

MICHELLE....GLAD TO HEAR YOU ARE BACK HOME.
HOPING YOU GUYS CAN WORK ON A SETTLEMENT.
KEEP THE DRAMA AT BAY...
CAUSE IT WILL ONLY HURT YOU PHYSICALLY IN THE END.
YOUR HEALTH AND WELL BEING ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN WHO GETS THE TV!
TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOURSELF

ELLEN....YOUR POST ABOUT QUICK PASTA DISH REMINDED ME OF SOMETHING.
MY STEPMOTHER USED TO MAKE SOMETHING SHE LEARNED FOR THE SCOUTS.
"GIRLSCOUT STEW" WE CALLED IT.
JUST GROUND BEEF IN A TOMATO SAUCE WITH ELBOWS.
FUNNY HOW THE MEMORIES COME BACK.
HAVE A GREAT DAY & GLAD MOM IS WALKING ABOUT.

Last edited by MELODY525 : 09-21-2012 at 07:53 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:17 AM   #221

Morning all. TGIF!!

Mel - One of my mom's favorite comfort foods was just elbow macaroni with stewed tomatoes. I think about making it, but seasoning it up with some sauteed onion and other veggies, oregano, fresh mozz cheese, etc. Making myself hungry!

Shad - How frustrating for the router to crap out like that - maybe because that's what the equipment was. As if you're not already busy enough with all your projects!

Happy - Glad you arrived safely and DH got back home safely as well. Good luck to you during your two week visit with your mom. I believe a light down blanket will be just the thing for us. I can't recall where the wires in our mattress pad are located, but I don't think there were any in the pillow area.

Ceejay - Just about halfway through your 11 days. Definitely good to put sleep first. Any housekeeping chores can wait (as long as there's clean laundry, lol). Ooh, scary re your friend with the meds. Hope she can make an adjustment and get a good balance.

Hellos to the rest of the Worldlies.
==
Not much to report. Yesterday was another fish experiment by bf. He bought corvina and seasoned it with some salt, cayenne and lemon juice and sauteed it. Meh. I didn't care for it. Bf thought it was good enough, but decided it would have been better had it been cooked on the grill. Ready for something unadventurous next time like salmon or tilapia or even a packet of tuna. Tonight's taco night.

Nothing special planned for the weekend. Just have a hair appointment and that's it. May not bother with the document destruction event - haven't spent any time going through the paperwork this week and still only have a half-bag to be shredded.

That's about it, so I'm off to the races. Everyone have a great weekend.

Last edited by Laura705 : 09-21-2012 at 10:20 AM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:21 PM   #222
Annie - Indiana

Good Afternoon Girlies....

Yesterday's meetings were successful. Another gal and I are going to LV in the next couple of weeks to learn the ways of LV and how they want things done around here. I am excited. Structure and Guidance...Amen!

CHELLE...keep on truckin through the mess for brighter days are ahead of you. We learn from everthing and come out better off than before. Still sending fabulous thoughts and sweet prayers sister.

HAPPY....glad everyone arrived where they are supposed to be safe and sound. I expect by the end of two weeks you will be ready to come home. BTW...how did you manage a vacation so soon after starting to work at the lollipop stand? You are simply amazing. Hugs sister and Strength.

LAURA...We had great baked fish last night. Butter, garlic salt, lemon juice, baked covered till almost done then sprinkle a little cheddar on top till melted...YUM....served with rice and salad. Should of come over last night, just a slight ride for you. lol

MELLIE...glad you had a good week. I certainly had an OK week. hha. Not too much going on. Sissy, lil man and I are going over to dads tomorrow for a bit. Sis is going to cut dads hair. Then on Sunday my baby boy is coming over to get his 63 Impala out of my garage. I am so excited about that. I have been storing it for over 8 years for him. It is time. Now Curtis, too, can park in the garage. Whew WHo...

SHADDIE...bummer about the router thing. We just had that last week here at work. They had to replace two routers and run a new line from the phone room somewhere. Sure did make the puters run faster around here.

CEEG...halfway though your work life. That just seems like a long time and very tiring. May the force be with you and take your vitamins.

ELLEN....how was story time and the walk with momma? God love my dad, he walks so slow I about fall asleep along the way when I walk with him.

That about wraps it up for me today. Have a great evening/morning all. I should be back sometime this weekend.

Loves and Hugs

Old 09-21-2012, 03:39 PM   #223
gettin' with the plan

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

6/11 and still going strong physically. Mentally I'm not to sure about. Called the electric crew to do the street and sanitation crew's job. P laughed. They know I'm working to many days.

Found a classical music channel on t.v. This kind of music always calms my nerves. However some stringed instruments get on my nerves.

I'll try to come back and do personals later.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:01 PM   #224
Annie - Indiana

CEEG...mostly just calm yourself and get rest...that many days in a row will make anyone nuts!

Old 09-22-2012, 06:02 AM   #225
Annie - Indiana

Good Saturday morning/evening.....

Not much going on...couldn't get back to sleep after getting up with C at 4 am...Sassy is sound asleep. Guess I will get my Saturday morning going early....got lots to do...grocery shopping....birthday party shopping...going to dad's with sissy so she can cut his hair....laundry which is already going...only one more load and two dryer loads to go. Not cleaning house this weekend as I did it last weekend and going to do it next Saturday before C's surprise get together on Sunday....

SHADDIE...just wanted to comment on charities if it is not too late...I like any animal funded charity but my fav is Breast Cancer Awareness (Susan G.Komen) breast cancer research. My momma had breast cancer and was a survivor for 18 years before her death not cause by cancer. She had a masectomy.

Today will be roast, potatos, carrots, onions in the crock pot with italian dressing. Will make cornbread muffins to go with. Tomorrow my DS comes to get his car out of the garage...thought I would make a pot of chili with onions, sour cream and cheese on the side to go with for lunch. Thought I would make a loaf of bread also....maybe even a lil dessert as my DS loves my food...lol. Especially my desserts.

Last night was homemade chicken pot pie. Had not made that for C ever, and he said D*mn woman what took you so long to bring that to the table...lol My only comment was I forgot about it. Just tell me what you want me to fix and I can make it...it is easier than trying to come up with stuff all the time. He love it and took it in his lunch today. Still have enough for 2 people. See it is hard for me to just cook for 1 or 2, so you all need to come to dinner....or at least let me be the cook at our commune. Chief cook and cleaner, will be assigning people to their chores, have to meet criteria of cleaning or will do it over....lol

Not much else...have a wonderful weekend all.

Love and Hugs

Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.