Old 09-16-2012, 08:50 AM   #166  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Checking in, I'm back to work with a 10 day straight ahead of me. I'm not going downstairs every hour on the hour.

I have one more room to declutter and then I can do like Shad and do the fly lady thing. My office is a big big mess. I did get one trash bag full of stuff from out of the closet.

Oh I did mention last week about not getting one of the elevated tanks full. My co-worker left me a note this morning and told me they found a huge leak. dah I want to bump their heads together.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:10 PM   #167  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi all,

Yesterday started out slow at the store but then we really went into overdrive in the afternoon. Had an incredible day, sold out of the most popular stuff so the owners made a decision to close the store today which means I have an additional unexpected day off. I like this job but it sure is hard on my feet and back. Plus I often come home with a heavy chest feeling like I'm getting a cold or just smoked 2 packs of cigarettes. I'm sure handling money and people's credit cards and such, you get exposed to alot more germs. My hands are getting really dry from constant washing and sanitizer and soaps. We went out to dinner last night and my feet and knees were so sore that I was almost crippled up walking. Hoping not to have trouble with my feet again like I did 3 years ago. I feel better this morning after a foot soak last night and some ibuprophen. This gives me some extra time to get the house straightened up and think things through to prepare for my trip. I'm also looking up some reduced sodium recipes to plan out meals for my Mom. Glad to have the extra day to myself.

Ceejay - 10 straight days working????? Don't know how you can do that. I certainly hope you are not also pulling the long shifts you usually work. That's crazy in my opinion. Hope things stay quiet for you. Doesn't that make you frustrated that they didn't listen to you about the tank leak in the first place?

Mel - loving your smiley cappachino this morning Nice that you had a good day today but isn't a dusty library better left for someone else to attend to???? Can't have you wheezing and sneezing your way through the day. And I know, no one else will do it The UPS man could not have cared less that I was also wearing his company colors. He was an older, skinny, ill tempered sort - probably just hanging on and counting the days to his own retirement. Hope you have a nice sunny day to enjoy with the kids.

Annie - thanks for the note. I saw you on last night but I was way too tired to even respond. I agree the TP wedding gown sounded like a riot - wish you had a picture Sounds like Sassy is a lap dog - wait till winter rolls around - you may not go anywhere but the chair How nice that C enjoys going by your Dad and that he's loving the attention too. They can talk about guy stuff and eat your food and feel like the kings of their palace How good is it that your world is nice and stable and comfortable - take note Michelle - things will get better for you too. Really they will.

Shad - now that you and Annie have cleaned the house top to bottom, guess I have to do the same. Thanks for setting the bar so high Some of the customers have commented that we shop keepers in town are a particularly friendly lot - of course we are -no one buys from a crabby person. Or comes back again. I am starting to remember a few random people and they seem flattered that I remember they were in the shop earlier and I do thank them for coming back again. I'm sure my co-worker thinks I am nuts. It's nice that you have enough time at home to get a few projects done and get your gardening fever satisfied before you have to head out again. I'm sure Sunday the cat has accepted that just like the toms in town - you come and go with the wind. No mind as long as she is fed and brushed.

Laura - sent you a message. Hope we can get together. Wish I could make it to the suburbs, DH has a friend who lives just north in P, but he is not planning on staying more than overnight before he takes off. If I knew he was coming back a day or so early to get me, we could have made plans to meet up your way. Maybe I'll talk to him about that...

Michelle - sending you love and good thoughts I agree with Shad, please come and post a bit, just so we know you are ok. We love and care about you so much.

Hi Ellen, no doubt you are running your way through the weekend. Apparently you don't have good enough allergy medicine if it's not knocking you out during the night

Later chicks...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:14 PM   #168  
Choose your hard

DH just called me. He is repairing a loose piece of siding on the mancave and when he pulled the panel free, out crawled a fuzzy bat. I do have pictures but don't want to creep you out. We see bats all the time at dusk and I can see them fly past the upper trapezoid windows at night when bugs get attracted to the light and the bats swoop in for a meal. I continue to be astounded at the wonderful things we get to see around here.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:23 PM   #169  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

nnDrat it, just lost the lot. Back later
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:45 PM   #170  
Choose your hard

Went to a bar tonight. Cousin Stash's 40th wedding anniversary. We raised a glass and toasted. He introduced us to the bartender who had just returned from Melbourne, said she was born in Sydney. DH asked her if she was a Kiwi and she said 'elll NO!!!!" apparently the Aussie / Kiwi rivalry is as strong as ever.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:06 PM   #171  

Hello Ladies,

Busy day friday and saturday and today I was very lazy. Went to Texas Ranger game on Friday night, saturday to music venue, my nephew was playing in band and this morning went and took pictures of friend who does stand up paddling boarding.

Who all is on FB? I have some of you on my page, but all. If your on it and not my friend can you send me a friend request.

Mitchellez - send you hugs girl... Love you and be Strong...

Laura - I will know more about the trip to Chicago this week. If i go, yes would love to meet up..

Happy - Bats... yikes, you have bears, bats,

Ceejay - working 10 straight days. I would not be able to do that... My house would be a mess..

Annie - did you get a new puppy dog? That is wonderful.
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:10 PM   #172  

Darn computer...

Shad - when you get finished I could use you here in Texas... I need to get a french drain for my backyard. I can provide food and sleeping accomodiations...

Mel - I know... I'm the worse to come in and check in.. I promise to do better.

we'll i better get to bed.. long day tomorrow.
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:14 PM   #173  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Patty - What is a french drain???? Different from the common or garden Kiwi type?

Happy - I am going to have words with your DH. Born in Sydney!!!!!! Where does he think Sydney is???
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:07 AM   #174  
Choose your hard

Shad, apparently DH thinks Australia is filled with Kiwi's and the only natives are the aborigines.

Last edited by happy2bme; 09-17-2012 at 02:07 AM.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:09 AM   #175  
Choose your hard

And DH knows what a french drain is. Something the next door neighbor had to do down south to fix the torrent into our yard when it rained. I think it requires a great deal of digging - hence Patty's offer of room and board
Old 09-17-2012, 07:27 AM   #176  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

MORNING CHICKS.
A WONDERFUL DAY YESTERDAY. GORGEOUS WEATHER STILL.
GOING OUT BEFORE WE GET THE RAIN AGAIN.
IT'S BEEN NICE CHATTING WITH THE MEN. SO MUCH LESS DRAMA.
THEY DON'T CARE A BOUT THE BUILDINGS POLITICS
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY.

CEEJAY....DON'T YOU JUST LOVE IT WHEN WOMEN ARE RIGHT?
GOOD LUCK AND HOPE THE 10 DAYS GO BY QUICKLY
YOU & SHAD NEED TO BEGIN A CLEANING SERVICE. ME FIRST!!! LOL

HAPPY....HOW NICE TO GET THE EXTRA DAY OFF.
DON'T FORGET THE RECIPE FORUM ON PROVIDA.
YOU CAN FIND LOTS OF NO SALT RECIPES THERE.
LOTS OF NEW ONES TOO. THEY'RE GETTING VERY INVENTIVE. LOL
HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER TODAY
CRACKED UP ABOUT THE BAR & KIWI
SHOW ME THE BAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PATTY....I KNOW YOU'RE A BUSY GAL
WE'LL SEND SHAD AND ANNIE THERE....SHE'S A HANDY GAL TOO.
I AM SURE THEY KNOW WHAT FRENCH DRAINS ARE ALL ABOUT...
WE HAVE GOOGLE
ALSO....I AM NOT A FB PERSON.

SHAD....SORRY YOU LOST YOUR POST.
TRY NOT TO HURT HAPPY'S DH....SHE STILL NEEDS HIM

Last edited by MELODY525; 09-17-2012 at 07:27 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:27 AM   #177  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Happy Monday Morning.....

Sunday was quite nice. Lovely weather, got lots done. First I did here from Michelle. She is doing better and going back to work this morning. That did my heart good!

Picked dad up at 9:15 as C and I took him to Lincoln Square restaurant. It is a mediterranian/greek restaurant that makes everthing from scratch and so delicious. I had a spinach/cream cheese omelet (with a ton of spinach in it), american hash browns done real crispy like I like em, also came with two pancakes that I gave to C. Dad had his sausage gravy and biscuits and fruit. Curtis had a menangerie of food. Chicken fried steak with gravy, hash browns, bacon, biscuit, fruit and my pancakes. I only ate half and brought the remainder home for mid-afternoon lunch. Dropped dad back home and visited for a bit then headed to Walmart to pick up a few things. Came home C took a short nap while I made cheese dip in the crock pot. Velveeta, hamburger browned with onion, my salsa and a tad bit of rice milk to coat the bottom of the crocker. C got up ate, then we worked in the yard the rest of the day. Cutting lower limbs off two trees, pruning sprayed, set out my grandmomma's planter in my rock bed, cleaned out the fire pit, had a fire, C roasted some weenies (not sassy), he then went fishing with neighbor on the pond while I cleaned up the back yard and kitchen. Took a hot bubbly bath with epsom salts, got my jammies on, took a PM and went to bed. Sassy slept in her cage all night, I slept in my bed ALL NIGHT LONG....whew who!! That was my Sunday!

MELLIE...enjoy your weather as you usually get what we had. Today is our last pretty day. Rain comes in tonight, then nice for a few days and highs only 65. I am mailing you a packet of the Sweet Basil & oregano bruschetta chicken seasoning. Happy Birthday! lol.

HAPPY...so nice to get an unexpected day off from work, kind of like a snow day from school when we were kids. I am mailing you some seasoning also. Surprise it is your birthday too!! lol

PATTY...I did get a new puppy and we just love her. She is so sweet. Sassy is her name. You had a very busy weekend also....it just goes too fast.

SHADDIE...don't cha just hate it when you lose your post? and to think you are at home and cannot even blame it on the woes of travel....it is now serious. lol

CEEG...on your way to being the fly lady, good for you! Do the people you work with not even listen to you when you speak. For pity's sake.

LAURA...hope you are enjoying your enjoying your time in the Dells. Visiting with old friends is always so nice.

CHELLE...you are stronger than you think, you can do this! xoxo

ELLEN...come out, come out, where ever you are!

Hello's all the way around....have a great day/evening.

Love and hugs...
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:31 AM   #178  

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Chicks! I had a busy weekend, don’t even feel like I slept. Worked Friday ight, then had a girls night with my friend and her honey. Got up at the crack of dawn Saturday, DS was invited to run in a big race (big honor) and something we said to him must have sunk in…ran his best time ever! 15.41 for 2 miles. Down from almost 19 minutes! I was a proud momma! Right after the race ended I had to run into work. Then I worked a 12 hr day Sunday.
Nothing planned for today, hoping to sneak in a nap with DD3 b4 I have to go to work. Tomorrow I will need to squeeze in food shopping and possibly an oil change. Both our cars are due!

Melody~enjoy your “fall” weather before the winter comes. Hope you get a chance to dry out soon.

Happy~yay for the unexpected day off. I know you are coming down to help take care of your mom, but I hope you get a chance to do some fun things while you are down here!

Shad~ohh I hate when I lose a post. Unless I am only doing a drive by I always type everything up in Word then copy it over. Another digging project already…I would still be recovering from the last one!

Patty~sounds like you had a very fun weekend!

Ceejay~heading into day #2. Hope you make it thru this. 10 days straight is a hard schedule.

Annie~I hope you got some sleep and little miss Sassy did not keep you up.I love the wedding dress with TP. When We had my sister’s shower last year.. I let the “little” girls do that and it was a lot of fun just watching them…altho I had A LOT of TP to clean up when everything was done.

Michelle~I really don’t know what to say, but I wanted to let you know that my heart is breaking for you. Know that we are all here to support you and listen if needed. Wishing I could just run up there and give you a big hug! We love you sweetie!!

Ok, better get this posted b4 DD3 takes over my lap. Luv and hugs to all!
upswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:36 AM   #179  

Height: 5'5"

Annie~you snuck in on me! Sounds like you had a great Sunday and got some much needed rest! Whoo whoo!!

And I Forgot Laura. I guess that happes when you post half asleep with kids bopping around! Laura I hope you had fun in the Dells and the drive was not too long! I love cathing up and spening time with friends!!
upswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:30 AM   #180  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies -

Sorry I was away for a few days. I was in an area where I had no internet and very limited cell phone signal. Anyway, I'm back at work today. I've left a message for an attorney. And I'm making the necessary phone calls and taking the steps to protect my interests. I went to the house yesterday to pick up some clothes so that I could take them to my friend's house where I'll be staying for a few days to a couple weeks, and he was so mean. Just downright mean...and hurtful. I can't believe we got to this point.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to meeting with an attorney to see what I'm legally entitled to.

I've got a meeting. I'll check back later.

Much love and appreciation to all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote