Old 09-14-2012, 08:32 AM   #151  

Height: 5'5"

Ohh ladies, I don;t know where my week has gone. Been running here and there and have been super tired, My allergies are making it difficult to sleep at night, so I wake up exhausted. Will check in and cathc up this weekend.

Luv and Hugs!!
upswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:03 AM   #152  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

Michelle - I hope you got some sleep last night and I'm sure you woke up with a heavy heart this morning. It's sort of a shame that you have the long weekend to be around the house. Above all, keep your wits about you - as difficult as it may seem. Get in the car if you have to and call any one of your friends or a counselor. Make plans for your future. And do NOT do anything for the POS. No meals, no laundry, no mowing the lawn or doing any of his chores because he's too tired. Bah! Lots of people who have been through this who I'm sure can offer some well intentioned advice. You are not alone - remember that.

Even the Packers are supporting you girl - as they trounced the Bears last night. Sorry to had to miss that because you had to pick up Bobo the Fool.

Glad to hear the rest of the Worldies are doing well.

It's another work day for me. Came home last night and used the foot spa I bought long ago with some Eucalyptus salts since I could not find the big 10 pound bag of epsom salts I know is in this house somewhere. Then I slept with the electric blanket on low just to give a bit of soothing heat. Still achey but feeling better than I would have if I didn't do it. Sure do wish I had a nice big whirlpool tub. Maybe some day

Guess I'd better go and get ready and maybe hit the store a bit early. There's a big road bike race going on this weekend - might mean extra business for us. A lady dropped off my logo "uniform" t-shirts yesterday. In the worst color for my face - dark brown. And I washed them carefully (100% cotton) but I think they still shrunk a bit. Hope I don't look too scary. Anyway, on with the day. Please forgive my lack of personals right now, will catch up later.

Last edited by happy2bme; 09-14-2012 at 09:05 AM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:34 AM   #153  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

HAPPY...take some Aleve if you can, that helps a lot. Have a great day at work!
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:40 AM   #154  

Quick hello, at the train Stn waiting for my friend D to pick me up.

Happy- do you like Boston Blackie's? Right between the two downtown train stations...

Hi Patty- if u want we could meet for dinner in Schaumburg- I'm nearby.

Annie- more Sassy photos please- perhaps w little Jake.

Mel glad u hAd a good shopping trip. Have a nice day.

Shad - good luck w the govt job.

Michelle - be strong, u know u r!!

Hellos to Ceejay, Ellen & Mary.

Driving along cornfields right now. Prob won't be back here til Mon. TTFN!

Last edited by Laura705; 09-14-2012 at 11:45 AM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:15 PM   #155  

Height: 5'5"

finally caught up and just wanted to give Michelle a big hug!! I'm so sorrythat you are going thru this!!
upswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:33 PM   #156  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

GOOD AFTERNOON CHICKS.
ANOTHER GREAT DAY.
SOME DRAMA BUT SOMEHOW I KEP UNATTACJED.
MAYBE I AM MORE AFRAID OF SHAD THAN MY BOSSES
SPENT TIME WITH ARUN (INDIA) AND HE IS UNWELL.
SO FRAIL LOOKING BUT STILL GOING FORWARD.
WE HAD A GOOD TIME TOGETHER WITH ANOTHER MAN.
THANK GOD THE LADIES LEFT US ALONE.
GOT A LOT DONE IN THE OFFICE AND THEY SEEM "KINDER" TO THE IDEA OF ME NOT BEING THERE.
I THINK IT WAS FEAR DRIVING THE OFFHANDED COMMENTS & ATTITUDES.
GUESS WE'RE ALL GROWING UP!
PRAYING FOR A GOOD WEEKEND.
I WANT TO GET OUTSIDE A BIT AND MAYBE READ.
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND.....GOING TO READ POSTS NOW...HOLD ON A SEC....................

MICHELLE.....OMG I AM SO SORRY AND WHAT CAN I POSSIBLY SAY. I HAVE BEEN THERE MORE TIMES THAN I WANT TO CONFESS AND CAN FEEL YOUR PAIN. PLEASE JUST MAKE SURE YOU TAKE CARE OF YOUR HEALTH WHILE ALL THIS IS GOING ON. I HAVE NO FB SO I AM JUST READING THE OTHER POSTS...BETWEEN THE LINES HERE. STAY WELL FRIEND AND HUGS

ANNIE....AS FOR THE RECIPES...I PRINTED THEM OUT AND SHARED THEM WITH THE OFFICE. THEY ARE GOING OUT TO LOOK FOR THE SPICES. I WAS LOOKING FOR THE WRONG KIND OF PACKAGING. SO THE OFFICE GIRL IS GOING. LOL WITH THE STORE LIGHTING I AM BLIND AS A BAT!
POOR LITTLE SASSY GIRL ALL TUCKERED OUT. DID SHE FINALLY WAKE UP!?!?

PATTY....I WAS JUST THINKING OF YOU THE OTHER DAY AND WONDERED IF WE WOULD HEAR FROM YOU BEFORE CHRISTMAS LIFE HAS A HABIT OF GETTING IN THE WAY OF A LOT LATELY. GLAD TO SEE YOU ARE WELL!!

CEEJAY....WHERE ARE YOU WOMAN??????

ELLEN....HOPE YOU HAVE A SLOWER WEEKEND!! YIKES
YOU'RE SO BUSY RUNNING AROUND ALLERGIES ARE THE PITS THIS YEAR ESPECIALLY. TAKE CARE.

HAPPY....I WILL FORGIVE YOUR LACK OF PERSONALS DUE TO THE FACT THAT YOU ARE A WORKING GIRL NOW HOPE YOU LIKE THE T-SHIRT BETTER AND IT DIDN'T SHRINK TOO MUCH!! MAYBE WASHING IT BY HAND!! LOL
HOW IS MOM? DOES SHE KNOW YOU'RE COMING OR IS IT A SURPRISE? I FORGET. (((HUGS))) TO MOM.

LAURA GUESS I MISSED YOU!!
HAPPPY CORNFIELD DRIVING!!!
HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME

Last edited by MELODY525; 09-14-2012 at 03:36 PM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:04 PM   #157  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all

Michelle - so sorry to hear all of what you are going through just now. Stay strong and care for yourself. I endorse what Happy said. No doing anything for him. He is obviously capable of making decisions - he just made a big one after all. You are no longer available to be at his beck and call. Since he is inviting her to come to Wisconsin, he can be accountable for his own muck. Now is not the time to become an emotional mess. Stiffen up and make the necessary moves to get yourself your due.

Happy - dark brown tee shirts. Well they won't show much dirt - other than oil or grease stains. Send pics!!!!

Patty - good to hear from you and nice to know that you may be meeting up with Laura later in the year. Happy too, if she is still in Chicago at that time.

Annie - I'll be saving up some projects for when you come over. I'll leave some digging for you. Might get you to dig up some of that rotten black plastic weed mat I put in some years back and which is a proper curse. Of course in digging it up, you will have to replant trees, dig up paths, shift the water tank and a hundred other things

Laura is off in the cornfields with friends - have a great weekend.

Ellen is flat stack busy as per normal.

Mel - Hope you have a quiet weekend and no alarms for a change. A bit of downtime wouldn't come amiss. If you have some excess rain over there send it over please. I'm going to have a huge water bill this quarter. We haven't had rain in over 2 months. Things is drying up here.

Woke up with a bit of a headache this morning. Figured that it might be to do with the fact that Miss Puss pushed me off the pillow last night and took possession of it. It is not as if we don't have more than one pillow on the bed. Grrrrr. Now I guess I will have to go and change the pillowcase since she would have let hairy bits all over it and I don't like waking up with them all glued to my face.
Got a fair amount done on the beginning of the new dig yesterday. That is until my neighbours descended on me one by one for a 'chat'. They just want to know what I am doing this time. Well here it is neighbours: -
'I'm digging this out to provide drainage from front to back of the property. It will go around the tree, across"the yard, down the side and into a big sump pit which will filter into the storm water drain. Feel free to pick up a shovel or pick and help. If you aren't inclined to shift a lot of soil, you could dig over this part of the garden and install a watering system for me, or you could just pull up the odd weed or two while you talk'.
Do you think I am asking too much?

Anyway, chatting here won't get it done and I need to go out there before it gets too hot. Our temps are climbing again. Spring may have sprung, but it felt more like summer out there yesterday.

Last edited by Shad; 09-14-2012 at 05:06 PM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:01 AM   #158  
Annie - Indiana

Good Morning Chicklets.....Happy Saturday...

I spoke with Michelle last evening. She is doing better and wanted me to let you all know. She has decided he is not worth it. Too sad, and pray for her daily. She needs our support more than ever.

Shaddie...my goodness woman, you are one busy person. Do you dream up these projects while sleeping? haha....I guess when we come over it will be a "working" vacation..lol.

MELLIE...enjoy the weather and yourself outside today. Sounds wonderful.

ELLEN...are you coming or going?

Hello to all the rest of your Worldlies...safe travels.

Going to a bridal shower at 4 today, me and Sissy. Maybe lil man too. It is a friend of mine who's kids grew up with my kids. Yes, it is out in the sticks...bout an hour drive. Should be fun seeing everyone again.

Sassy and gone to barking lightly then this cute little cry/howl, when she wants in from the yard. Cute now, death later. haha

Have a wonderful weekend all.

Loves, hugs, and prayers to all.
Old 09-15-2012, 08:04 AM   #159  
Happy September

MORNING CHICKS OF THE WORLD.
HAPPY SATURDAY TO ALL. GOING TO POST HERE AND TAKE MY COFFEE OUTSIDE.
IT'S SO SILENT OUTSIDE I THINK THE WHOLE TOWN IS ASLEEP.
OR MAYBE TRANSPORTED TO ANOTHER PLANET WHILE I SLEPT!
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND.

MICHELLE....SENDING ANOTHER HUG

SHAD.......YOU'RE THE FIRST PERSON I SEE THIS MORNING....
ACTUALLY THE ONLY ONE
OMG...I WISH I COULD SEND YOU RAIN.
WE JUST HAD MORE LAST NIGHT.
CAN'T SEEM TO GET RID OF THE WET STUFF AROUND HERE.
AS FOR THE HEADACHE, NO ONLY MISS PUSS BUT WHAT ABOUT ALL THE DIRT DUST OUTSIDE.
GOTTA BE TOUGH ON THE SINUSES TOO, LITTLE MISS CONTRACTOR.
I WAS TALKING TO YOU IN MY HEAD LAST NIGHT.
WERE YOU LISTENING?
BTW...ONLY ONE ALARM CALL LAST NIGHT at 3:56 AM.
THE COMPANY CALLED TO SAY THEY COULDN'T GET A TEST CALL THRU
IF I AM LUCKY THAT WILL BE ALL.
MOST OF THE SICKER PEEPS ARE STILL IN HOSPITAL. POOR SODS.
SORRY TO HEAR THE NEIGHBORS JUST WANTED CHAT
AND DIDN'T COME TO PULL WEEDS AND SUCH.
PEOPLE THESE DAYS CAN BE SO RUDE.

Last edited by MELODY525; 09-15-2012 at 08:08 AM.
Old 09-15-2012, 08:12 AM   #160  
Happy September

ANNIE....YOU SNUCK IN ON ME WHEN MY BACK WAS TURNED!!
YOU MADE ME LAUGH WITH SASSY WANTING TO GET IN.
HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT TIME AT THE PARTY AND ENJOY THE VISIT WITH OLD FRIENDS. SAFE TRAVELS

THANKS FOR THE UPDATE ON MICHELLE. I SENT HER A HUG.
Old 09-15-2012, 09:11 AM   #161  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning chicks,

Another working day for me. Was quieter yesterday but we still had our day full of things to do including making small bags of product for a special order. People are picking up large bags of stuff for the ride home. Several came in commenting "we're back again..." and stop making such good stuff No one said I looked ugly in the brown shirt I did have a go at the UPS delivery man (they literally have about 15 seconds to make a delivery). First he could not get in the back door because we had it locked. He had to yell through the back screen. Then I signed for the packages with the proper way to do it "Happy Lollyshoppeworker for Shop Owner X" I guess he thought I was taking too long to sign as he RIPPED the signature machine out of my hand. I explained I was not the owner. He quickly tapped my last name into the machine and ran off down the alley to his truck. He is not anywhere as nice as my UPS delivery guy at the house. I was chatting up a very nice gentleman who ended the conversation with "... you never know who walks among us " I turned to my coworker and said "I just might have sold some popcorn to God" This is what makes the day interesting. Now if we could only get something other than country music on the radio. 2 more days of working and then it's rush rush to get everything ready for the trip. Mind is racing... Mom is doing better, getting stronger. The visiting nurse thinks she might be over medicated so they are dealing with that.

Annie - I would call Michelle when I get home at night but I'm not sure if HE is there and if she can talk. Did you just take a chance and ring her up? Thank you for the gardening tips, will put them to good use. Hope you have fun at the shower - any time spent with Lil Man will be good. I always wondered how you train dogs to be let back in. I guess they decide and you decide if you will tolerate their decision Thanks for the suggestion but the only thing that seems to work for me is Motrin. Aleve, Advil, Tylenol do nothing.

Laura - let's trade phone numbers - I'll send you mine. Boston Blackies sounds good. I thought they used to be off Michigan Avenue north of Wacker. Famous for great hamburgers? Sounds very familiar. Hope you have a great time in the Dells. Weather is a bit cool for water activities but you might see a bit of tree color.

Mel - so you are still getting rain? Might make for a splendid color season. Yes, I am dwelling on tree colors because I was really looking forward to the autumn here and we're getting an early one and I think I will miss a good part of the trees while I am away. Yes, I know - there's a whole lotta sadness in the world, isn't there? Glad you got to visit with Arun. Sorry he is sickly now. Sometimes I find the Indians are big in spirit but rather frail in body as they are so calm and small in stature. So the office people are FINALLY figuring out to let you do your thing and not be at their beck and call? It's about time. Happy to hear that you had a nice day shopping with Jen - seems like it's been a while since you could get together.

Shad - I can only imagine with Annie's help if you two got together you'd be developing something to rival the Hanging Gardens of Babylon. I will send a pic of me in the Popcorn shirt if you will post a pic of you with a full beard courtesy of Sunday's fluff! I can so relate to what you are saying Good on yah for nailing down another contract so soon. It's great to have steady work and best of all, this time you got to spend a little bit of down time at home to recharge the batteries before you are off again. Sounds like you are about as far from DS with the new job as you are now - or did I read that wrong. You know I can't figure out km.

Michelle - sending you good thoughts and strength to have a clear mind and sense of purpose I'm sorry the relationship ended this way, but he made his decision without regard to you so you put yourself first.

Time to eat my yogurt and get on with the day. I'm tired and hope the day goes quickly. Love to all the chicks
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 01:19 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I had a bunch to do yesterday. Can you believe that I mustered up enough stamina to mow the lawn. Today I'm cleaning house.

Sending Michelle hugs. Thanks to those who have called and given moral support to her.

Laura
Sounds like you will have the opportunity to meet some more of us chicks.

Annie
Have fun today.

Mel
Not much is going on here. Starting Sunday I'll work 10 days straight. Sure wish that the bosses would do something different for us so we would have to do this. I'm making plans and I'm sticking to them for these day's ahead.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:01 PM   #163  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Pretty productive day yesterday, got a lot of digging done and cleaned house so today we look all clean and shiny. Today is another day, full of things to do and another room to start on and declutter, dust, clean, sweep and refresh. After that only one more room to go and the house is spring cleaned. That room is the worst room tho.......... It will take a couple of days. Once that chore is done, it'll be a flylady type 1/2 hour per day or 4 hours a week to keep it neat and tidy. Wish the yard was that easy.
Today I will carry on with the drainage in the front yard and the wall. From there I will dig and put drainage behind the wall and fill it with soil and hopefully get some plants in. That won't all be done today I can guarantee.

Annie - When you come over, I hope all this will be finished and I will be onto another project of some sort. Or maybe retired. Well one never knows these things.

Ceejay - Your shifts are not very predictable are they. When we do shifts over here it's set in stone and you know where you will be and what you will be doing up to 2 years ahead - that is if you keep your job long enough.

Happy - Chatting up God now are we? And do you think that no one mentioned the shirt because as a server (read servant) you become invisible. They just want the product - gimme, gimme. If you went up to them later and asked about the serving wench behind the counter, I bet their eyes would go blank as they tried to remember what he/ she looked like. Not that there are many male wenches around the joint anyway.

Annie - if you pm Michelles number to Happy, you might include me in that as well. Never know, I might get a chance to give her a call one night or morning depending on time differences. Always tricky.
Have fun at the shower with Sissie and lil man. I'd like to see little Sophia a bit more often, but with herself down there as well, I will have to pass. Maybe I will get Skype back on my computer and talk to her that way.

Mel - Sorry, wasn't listening last night. I was watching footy on the TV and doing a bit of a rant at referees, stupidity and man's infallible ability to promote stupidity and ego over teamwork. There is no i in team bro. Get it, got it, good.
I don't actually mind the neighbours chatting, but I would rather do it over a cuppa or something stronger rather than over the fence and taking time off from work. Heck I am only out there for a couple of hours people, wait until I am done for the day and start packing up the tools. At least this morning, no one will be up and running at this hour of the day - Sunday 7.00am so I will go out and work for a while when finished here.

Michelle - get yourself together and get back in here. You need your friends at this time. Partly to give you support and partly to pick up the pieces and get you back together again. I realise there will be a lot to do, but you don't have to be alone to do it. Surround yourself with friends and family at this time.

That is about it. Time to get dolled up in my tatty work clothes and start to break some more rocks.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:55 AM   #164  
Annie - Indiana

Hey Chicklets of the Worldlie Girlies Type.....

12:30 am, cannot sleep, Sassy Frass is in my chair asleep. She is the biggest baby. She was in her cage, but woke up and realilzed I was up and started crying for me, so now she is asleep in my chair and I am posting...She is a spoiled lil babe. lol.

For those of you that want Chelle's number. I will PM you her cell number, altho I have not had any luck getting her today...via text or calls. I get worried when I do not hear back from her.

HAPPY....I am glad you are enjoying your lollipop job..lol but wonder if the UPS man is getting you mixed up with his associates whereing the brown shirt??? If he is cute....go for it....lol.

SHADDIE...glad to hear you are onto your yard projects and not waiting on me. I am sure by the time I get there you will be up to something else...just remember I HATE PAINTING and my painting reflects it. That is why C does all the painting around here. Just figured out how to get out of things I hate doing....do it awful...lol...maybe I will just remain on the clean up crew...lol

CEEG...maybe this will be your last lawn cutting of the season. If it rains and the suns shines, you may be in trouble.

The shower was quite fun. Sissy, and lil Sam (child hood friend of my friend, who grew up with my SAM only a few years younger) and I won the making of a wedding dress on a model (my Sam) with two rolls of toilet paper...too funny. We were very creative. Had a vail, dress, train and bouquet made of TP. We rocked.

Got home about 7:30, was going to sit by the fire pit with C, but is had a bit of mud in it and no fire starter stuff. So we watched a lil tube and went to bed. I couldn't sleep so I got up to post. WOW what a party on Sat nite...lol

Tomorrow we are picking my dad up at 9:30 to take him to breakfast. When I called him and asked him if he wanted to go, he was so excited, and I think it is because he likes Curtis so much. C goes over and visits him on his day off by himself without me and I think my dad likes the visit and likes C, and further is impressed that C WANTS to go visit him. Plus he takes him some food I pack up. lol

Got the house cleaned before I left for shower. All but scouring my bathroom and will do that in the morning. Getting ready to fold the towels out of the dryer then all the laundry will be done, and so will the housework. I do need to empty the dishwasher yet. Then all will be done.

New management from Louisville, KY is SUPPOSED to be here next week. I actually have worked with most of them prior to the upheaval and am very glad to be working with them again. I am looking forward to peace, unless they have other things on their agenda it should be a good thing, but one never knows what is in store. Either way, I am ready....have already been searching for new positions. It looks pretty good out there right now. If only I would hit the lottery!!!

Guess I will post, quit babbling, and now maybe try to sleep again.

Love and hugs....
Old 09-16-2012, 06:56 AM   #165  
Happy September

MORNING CHICKS

ANOTHER BEAUTIFUL DAY YESTERDAY.
THEN DINNER & A MOVIE WITH THE KIDS.
I DID NOTHING YESTERDAY BUT GO OUTSIDE & LATER WATCH TV.
OH I DID DO ONE THING..
WENT TO THE COMMUNITY ROOM AND TIDIED UP THE LIBRARY.
VERY DUSTY DOWN THERE.
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A PEACE FILLED SUNDAY

HAPPY....I AM VERY GLAD TO HEAR MOM IS DOING BETTER.
HOPE THEY GET THE MEDS SORTED OUT. SHE WILL BE GLAD TO SEE YOU.
YOU MADE ME LAUGH AT THE UPS MAN...
MAYBE HE IS MAD YOU'RE WEARING BROWN TOO!
we have one man that dawdles and another that likes to fly!
makles me feel like slam, bam, thank you mam!
WHEN DO YOU LEAVE FOR MOM'S HOUSE??? I FORGOT ALREADY!!

CEEJAY....YOU MUSTERED UP MORE STRENGTH THAN I DID YESTERDAY.
AT LEAST YOU HAVE A NICELY CUT LAWN TO LOOK AT!!
I WISH TOO THAT THE JOB DIDN'T HAVE TO WORK YOU 10 DAYS STRAIGHT.
YOU WOULD THINK THEY COULD COME UP WITH A BETTER SCHEDULE!!:nonono:
GOOD LUCK

SHAD......HOW GOES THE ROCK PILE??
DID YOU MOVE THAT MOUND TOO?
THERE IS NO REST FOR THE WEARY IN YOUR NECK OF THE WOODS
WISH WE WERE JUST STARTING OUT WITH SPRING OVER HERE.
MAYBE I BETTER TAKE A NOTE FROM YOUR BOOK AND DO SOME FALL CLEANING.

ANNIE.....WISH WE COULD WIN THE LOTTERY.
HOPE ALL GOES WELL WITH THE MANAGEMENT NEXT WEEK.
GLAD THEY ARE EASY TO WORK WITH.
I LIKE ORGANIZATION! WHERE EVERYONE HAS A JOB & JUST DOES IT.
WOULDN'T THAT BE NICE???
THE TP DRESS AT THE PARTY MADE ME LAUGH.
HAVE A GOOD TIME WITH DAD.
HE MUST LOVE THESE TREATS GETTING OUT WITH IS BABY GIRL

Last edited by MELODY525; 09-16-2012 at 07:13 AM.