Old 08-28-2012, 08:02 AM   #16  

Good morning to you all. I see we are supposed to start getting slammed with rain starting Thursday. We will start getting rain tomorrow, but the heavy stuff will be on Thursday and continue through the weekend. It is commissary weekend and military payday weekend so that should be fun.

I am on the toe of the sock so should finish it today. I keep saying that then knit a bit and my shoulder or hands start to hurt and I have to put it down. The wrap is a really easy finish and if I don't want it super long, it can be cast off where it is at as it is well long enough.

We are going to have pot roast and carrots and potatoes for dinner tonight. I will stick it in between noon and 1 PM and it will be ready around 4 for us to eat. I think I will put two rolls on to raise too. I think it will be chicken and noodles for dinner tomorrow night so I need to get the chicken out to thaw and get it in the crockpot.

Jean: Did Bob make it home ok? Your statement about crossing the border reminded me of something Jack told me. He reads the cruise critic website forum everyday, several times a day and he told me he saw that the Western Caribbean cruise leaving Sept 16 (the week before ours) is some kind of a drag queen party cruise. We have a couple from Canada, who are in their 50's-60's and are going on this cruise and I would bet they have no idea their ship is going to be filled with drag queens. They are doing back to back cruises, doing the 16th then will do the cruise with us. Going to be a real surprise for them I would think.

Maggie: We shall see how I do on the ship. I am taking seasick meds, but I don't expect that to be the problem, just the idea of no land. I am amazed at how many people take 3-4 cruises a year. Some of the people that have joined our meet and mingle have 50 or 60 cruises under their belt. That is not going to happen with us. I told Jack if I liked the cruise, we could take one more on the big ship, but that's it. You would think they would get bored with the same activities and shows and stuff all the time. Even with their discounts, I don't see how they afford it.

Susan: It is either feast or famine weather wise. You guys have gotten a lot and most of the country desperately needs rain. It started too late for farmer's crops. I noticed they plowed under the corn already so no corn maze for Halloween for the kids this year.

Well, gotta fix my meds and get the day started. Have a good one. Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:05 AM   #17  

Good Morning, Flowers! The sun is shining and it's a cool morning so far. We are supposed to be in the 90s for the next few days. Bob got home ok; I was mistaken in that he could bring 4 fish home instead of 2. Everyone had a wonderful time! The electrician just left and will be back tomorrow morning to get the work done. He likes cats and has 3, so likes to compare stories. He is friends with the party people who live behind us and remembers the deer up on our deck from 3 winters ago. I'm glad I hadn't said anything critical about the party people.

Maggie -- When we were in Maui our traveling companion ordered a fancy hamburger and proceeded to take the bun off. The server got a little huffy and told if she wasn't going to eat the bun to order it without. It's not like he was paying for the meal. I hope you had a good weigh in last night.

"Gma" -- Bob was tired when he got home around 7 last night. They leave the resort at 7 and it's a long day. He only stopped long enough to drop off his brother in Fargo, ND, Jason in SD, and Denny about 45 min. from us. They try to eat and get gas at the same time. It will be interesting to hear about the drag queen cruise! I know you will get the sock done in time!

I need to get busy and do some more sorting. I am to say I found a container of clothes I wore when I first started subbing in the late 80s. I should make a rule that if I don't wear or use it in a certain length of time, out the door it goes and NOT down to the basement!

Have a terrific Tuesday and enjoy your day!

Last edited by Jean; 08-28-2012 at 10:06 AM.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:14 AM   #18  

Good morning, ladies. The sun is out! Hot today so maybe we'll dry out a bit.

The newspaper this morning said the rain we had over the weekend was a rare storm that happens about every 100 years and the 10 inches that parts of Newport News got happens about every 500 years that's because it all fell in 3 hours! The storm drainage system can only handle 3 inches in 6 hours. The rain from Isaac is going to the plains states so we are supposed to be dry this weekend.

Here's a link to an interesting article http://www.almondboard.com/Consumer/...campaign=FY121 wthat is from a new research study (Almond Board had no part in it) showing that the fat in nuts is not digested as much as fat from other sources. It is a method that may recalculate calorie counts in a lot of things.

Jean, it seems like contractors and repair people think we have nothing to do but wait for them. My time is valuable too.

Maggie, I got my Gold's Gym stability all from Walmart for about $10 and it had a foot operated pump. The air really stays in good. It's an excellent way to strengthen your core muscles. I hope that pound stays off all day so you have a good weigh in at WW.

Good morning, Faye!

Have an wonderful day.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 12:46 PM   #19  
Thin Within

Talking Titilating Hot Tuesday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It is a bright sunny day here in the ♥-Land in the 90º and said to be that way all week. We takes what we gets (as Pop Eye would say). I went and weighed in last evening at WW and showed a pound down. There won’t be a meeting next Monday due to a holiday called “Labor Day.” They do hold a meeting in a neighboring town on Wednesday but I won’t be going to that for we have mid week Bible study that evening at church. I will just have to deal.

We had the best nectarines last evening ~ just exactly ripe enough and not too ripe. I peeled them and cut them up and they were so yummy for we had them for dessert. I have a basket of ripe strawberries to deal with today. I like to slice them up and sprinkle some balsamic vinegar on them. They are so good that way.

I got in my 30 minutes of walking done yesterday which I have been working up to. I now will do that number of minutes all week, and maybe longer, then work slowly up to 60 minutes. I don’t like it but am doing it anyway for it is good for me. I like to do a lot of things but exercise isn’t one of them. When I was younger and frolicking in the ocean, surfing the waves, I never thought of it as exercise but I was in good shape back then. Swimming to me was not exercise. I got fat after my back injury and now I am trying to lose that fat and that’s the fact. I am almost half way there so I have made some progress. Just call me a snail for that is about what my pace has been. The turtle wins the race with the rabbit. I have a cute picture on my wall that has a little white rabbit sitting on a turtle’s shell. Reminds me to keep plugging on along for this little is going to make it to the goal.

SUSAN Interesting artilce, thanks for posting it. It will take some time for the information to get in the national data base of calories I imagine. It will definitely change the points+ numbers on nuts. They do have those balls in this Wal*Mart now plus the WW ones also that will hold up to 600 pounds weight and comes with CD's of exercise and a pump for $25. Will is there now looking at them and called me. I am not sure if he is bringing one home today or not but we shall see. When I was looking on line for them I got a kick out of the one that will withstand 2000 pounds of weight. AH ~ Will is back from Wal*Mart with my ball in a box. Now he will inflate for me and I don't have to use the hand pump that came with it that would take a long time to get it inflated for sure.

JEAN That is funny that the waiter would be concerned what a person ate of what they had ordered. I asked for them not to give me a bun and they did anyway so go figue.

DONNA FAYE sounds like those cruises have become the playground for the rich folks if they can afford to spend most of their time out on the ocean cruising. Better to have most of those drinkers out there than on the highways though. If the sea isn't rough then on such a big boat you probably won't get sea sick. Watch out on the smaller vessels with their rocking motion. Will was in a hurricane when on a ship in the Navy and I don't think it tossed him about any. But you just never know . . .
Have a great day Magnolias. Type at y'all later.

Last edited by Maggie; 08-28-2012 at 02:06 PM.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:48 AM   #20  

Good morning to you gals. Jack came in from work last night and said the across the street neighbor said the folks with the pitbulls next door moved out! Yeah, but wonder what the next bunch of idiots are going to be like. We just got new neighbors on the left side about a month ago. They are really quiet and I know she cleans because her laundry area backs up to my little bathroom downstairs and you can always smell Pine Sol coming through the wall! I hate the smell of Pine Sol, but at least she isn't a pig. I thought we might have some real trouble because they are two young adult guys living there and they looked like thugs, with the low pants and undershorts sticking out and sitting around in the garage watching people and such, but they have been really quiet. James, the owner of the empty one is probably going to have one heck of a mess on the back yard. They never cleaned up dog crap. It smelled to high heaven. Now I know what we had beer cans and such throw into our yard. It was probably the guys helping them move and they did it overnight so I wonder if they stiffed James and left the place a disaster.

I got the socks finished. I see they fixed the photo attachment. I sent a message to them about it. These are some wild socks aren't they, but Jack actually loves them. The stripes are dark brown and the other is light brown and has some orange in it even though it doesn't look like that from the picture. I am working on finishing the wrap and even though it is a lace pattern it is really easy to do so goes pretty fast.

Maggie: Congrats, it is great you lost a lb! I am not worried at all about seasickness, just about the weirdness of not seeing any land for days. My biggest worry of course if tropical storm or hurricane trouble. I hope we have fair sailing all the way around. I think I am going to try eggplant for my new food on the ship. I have never eaten it and it isn't like eating snails, though they posted a picture of the plate of snails and it actually looked good all covered in this sauce. If Jack orders them and eats one, I may try too, maybe....

Jean: Sounds like Bob was pooped when he got home. They only let them bring home 2 fish? Do people that are from Canada get to keep more? That's what Jack said that it would be something to talk about at the meet and mingle. I think it is in November they are having a swingers cruise, clothing optional, UGH!!! Nasty! Are you supposed to get a lot of rain from the tropical storm. We should get slammed tomorrow sometime I think and it is supposed to keep it up all weekend. I am pretty good about weeding out clothes, but I bought a bunch of new sandals for the cruise 5-6 pairs and two pairs of backless tennies and a pair of suede loafers. I don't even think I am going to take the loafers now. I dread having to wear closed toed shoes soon. I love to wear sandals all the time.

Susan: Glad you are going to dry out. We have a slow drain system so I am sure everything is going to be standing water around here the rest of the week and our garage will probably be ankle deep since they won't seal these garages like they should. You know, considering the economy and jobs, you would think they would be johnny on the spot so they get more work.

Well, I need to get some stuff done in the kitchen first thing this morning so I better get out of here. Have a lovely middle of the week. It is still awful hot here, was 91 at 8 PM last night so our AC is still going full force. Faye
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jacksocks2.jpg (27.8 KB, 8 views)
Old 08-29-2012, 11:42 AM   #21  

Good Morning, Flowers! It's a cool breezy 77 degrees this morning. Two electricians have been and gone this morning, with one coming back to put in new outlets and the outside lights when the doors are in and sheetrock in place. I need to vacuum their sawdust and crumbs; they offered but I said I would do it. Ernie didn't like all the banging around this morning. He should sleep good this afternoon!

Susan -- I hope your area stays dry and Isaac is nowhere near. Thanks for sharing the almond information link. I knew they were supposed to be "good" for us.

Maggie -- on losing another pound! You are doing well on your exercise determination. I just wish it could be more fun! I had planned on WW tomorrow morning but we have a funeral. I was supposed to help with the church newsletter but that won't happen either. Maybe I will go tonight if I remember in time.

"Gma" -- I hope you get some quiet new neighbors. It seems like that place is the revolving door; don't they have to sign a lease? I misspoke when I said the guys could only bring home 2 fish, they can bring home 4 a piece. I forgot to ask if the border guys checked this time. Bob has gone through enough that they recognize him now. Perhaps Prince Harry will sign up for the swingers cruise. That sure wouldn't be my choice! There is no rain in the forecast for us; I think Isaac will water east of us quite a ways.

I cleaned out a kitchen drawer in order to guard the open door while the electricians were here. I found a couple of year old receipts and way too many paperclips, rubber bands, and pens. At least for a day or two I have a neat drawer. I need to think about food for the weekend, and make a list. Jason and Amanda will be here on Saturday (I think) for a wedding shower. Beth and family plan to be at the lake so think we will all end up there to celebrate Jason's birthday. Ian has a game on Labor Day, which is our anniversary and also the day when Jason arrived 39 years ago. How ironic is that!

Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday and enjoy!

Last edited by Jean; 08-29-2012 at 11:44 AM.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:07 PM   #22  
Thin Within

Talking Wonderful Warm Wednesday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

It is going to be a 97º day before it is over and predicted to be the same for the balance of this week. I am sitting here yawning and I don’t know why. I had a great night’s sleep and didn’t wake up once during my slumber. My “sit upon ball” is on the floor next to me for I didn’t feel like sitting on it just yet for I am not quite all the way awake it would seem and I am not yet used to it. It is pretty stable though with that ring around the bottom that it sits in. I am just sipping on my first cup of java and feeling good. I still like my coffee container for it truly keeps my coffee hot all day like I like it to be. I am a really slow drinker ~ a sipper you might say.

Today we are grilling burgers outside for lunch and at the same time the burgers on the grill we will grill a couple of pork chops to have for dinner. I will slice the chops up thin and make a Panini out of them for dinner with sour dough bread. That’s the plan anyway for the meat is in the fridge and not frozen anymore. I had planned to do the chops yesterday but we went out instead. We were given a Hometown Supersaver booklet that has most of the eating places in this town listed with great deals. We went to a place where we bought one meal and got the second meal free. There are such great deals in it that makes it cheaper to eat out at times. It is hard to believe that it is already the middle of the week. Time sure is passing fast for me these days. It seems they don’t pass so fast in the winter. Wonder what this winter will bring to this area.

DONNA FAYE I certainly do hope you get some good neighbors moving that are nice and quitet as those two males that live next door and your yard stays clean from their debree. We are thankful for our neighbors that are quiet for the most part. During the summer is when they get kinda loud with bbq parties outside but they really don't bother us much. They love our dogs and feed them "good boy" treats. Thier two dogs are old and big and not fun like ours are. The sox are lovely ~ thanks for showing the picture of them. I love color.

JEAN Isn't it fun to find what has been lurking in kitchen drawers. It is time for me to clean a couple of them in my kitchen. Seems lots of things end up in the microwave stand drawer and it is getting full. Don't be afraid to get one of the stabalizing balls by WW from Wal*Mart because they do come with a ring you can set the ball on to keep it from scooting out from under us beginners. I figure if anyone could sit on one like me that all could use one. Whether you ever do any of the exercises they show to use it with just sitting on it will be good for your core and balance. It comes with a CD of 3 complete workouts if you choose to do them. 30-minute beginner, 35 intermediate, and 45-minute advance workouts. The secret of the ball is that it works your midsection without you even knowing it.

Magnolias, have a great day. I am awake now and can do something constructive to this house before I get started on my "fun things."
Old 08-29-2012, 02:41 PM   #23  

Good afternoon, ladies! 88 degrees and climbing but the sun is shining.

I spoke too soon yesterday and we got slammed with 3 inches of rain between 4 pm and 7:30 pm...more flooding. We have been promised no more rain - until Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. If we get as much snow this winter as we got rain this summer, we'll be buried!

Nothing happening today since the Y is closed. I went to the grocery store for milk, Greek yogurt and fruit. That was the highlight of my day.

Faye, I love those socks! I hope all your neighbors are quiet and clean for awhile at least.

Jean, if you get a stability ball, I forgot to mention to Maggie that they come in 2 sizes - one for short people under 5'4" and one for taller. I had to get the short. The WW one is one-size fits all.

Maggie, you'll enjoy your ball. My back actually feels better sitting on it than a chair.

I'm going to go read for the rest of the afternoon with a love glass of iced coffee. Enjoy your day.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:07 PM   #24  
Thin Within

Talking Back For A Bit Again

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

SUSAN I certainly do hope that your area does not get as much snow as you have rain. That would be something wouldn’t it. One of the reasons I went ahead and got the WW ball is because it is the correct size for my height and it came with the exercise DVD. Other balls come in 4 different sizes and the Weight Watchers is 65cm tall which is the correct one for my height which is between 5’ 5” and 5’ 11”. I found the other balls I looked at on line come in two sizes taller than mine and one size shorter and some even come egg shaped.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:21 PM   #25  
Thin Within

Talking Titilating Thursday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It is another beautiful day here in the ♥-Land with a temperature said to get to 98º this day. It is much better than all those days we had in the hundreds for sure.

I thought I was hearing a noise in my head but it is a neighbor using a piece of yard equipment ~ vacuum or sounding similar. It is that very tone that messes with my inner ear. I sure hope he finishes soon. It is affecting Will also ~ so I am not alone in this being affected by that noise. AH ~ relief for that noise has finally quit. What a difference. We don’t really mind him doing his yard work for it is his house across the street that we see out of our front rooms picture windows.

To get used to it I am using my balance ball after my walk and I don’t think it will take long before I do get used to it. The ball is a little lower than my desk chair but my computer table is 7 inches lower than my desktop so it will work out great when I am on my computer. My desk is what they call a “writing desk” and is a bit higher than a “normal” desk. The ball probably needs a little more air in it now that it has been at least 24 hours since it was pumped up. It has lost most of its wrinkles anyway.

My ears are itching and I just realized that I didn’t use my ointment in them after my shower yesterday. Mine don’t make wax so the doc prescribed this ointment to hold down the itch of a dry ear canal. It works great when I remember to use it. It is a wonderful prescription cream called Fluocinonide. Say that ten times real fast. I also use it for a rash I get under my brace on my leg in hot weather. In fact that is what the prescription was for years back then the doc said to use it in my ears also. Works for me. I prefer the cream for my ears over the prescription drops I had been using for years before. Itchy dry ears ~ not fun. They have settled down now for I have lubricated them. I can thank my father for that inheritance. However, I am totally thankful for my good hearing for I can still hear conversations going on clear across a large room. I hear things on occasion that maybe I am not supposed to hear. Life is good.

I hope all you Magnolias are having a wonderful day.

Last edited by Maggie; 08-30-2012 at 12:24 PM.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:51 PM   #26  

Good afternoon, ladies. All I can say is the weatherman lies...we had rain again this morning but not much and it is nice and sunny now.

Work today and then I'm clear for a nice long weekend. Actually, its no longer than my regular weekends from work but it seems that way because of the holiday.

Maggie, itchy ears would certainly be no fun! I wonder where Faye and Jean are.
Old 08-30-2012, 02:18 PM   #27  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! It's 91 degrees, sunny, and windy in my corner of the world right now. We went to another funeral this morning but didn't stay for lunch. We took Bob's secretrary with us, and she likes to walk her dogs over the noon hour. We are heading to Sioux City for soccer games later this afternoon.

Maggie -- I will have to take a look and see if our WM has the balls. There is no other store in town that would carry them. I can imagine itchy ears are no fun. It's good you have something that will work to relieve the itch.

Susan -- I sure wish you could share some of your rain. The leaves are seriously beginning to fall and I'm hoping we don't have an early winter. Our trees are always late in dropping leaves so it will be interesting to see what they do this year. Would you suggest the smaller ball for 5'4"? Depending on who does the measuring, sometimes I am 5'3".

I need to change clothes; Bob wants to do some shoe shopping in Sioux City before we go to the games. Enjoy the rest of your day!
Old 08-30-2012, 02:34 PM   #28  

Afternoon girls! Where did the day go? I have been sick today so haven't done much. The pain meds the gyn gave me haven't done anything to help today so I guess I have sat and felt sorry for myself. Not really, but I have only done daily chores nothing extra. I need to do some work upstairs, but when I am cramping and such this badly, climbing stairs just makes it worse.

Jack texted me and said the weather map says it is raining hard here at our house, but it is cloudy and not a drop of rain so far. I guess it is going to wait until Jack has to drive home and then come pouring down. A couple days ago he got in a big traffic jam coming home from work because of an accident. I read about it yesterday online and come to find out the man was thrown from his car and was killed and some dispicable person went up to this dead man and stole his wallet. Sometimes admitting I live here shames me more than I can say.

When I bought all that jewelry a couple months ago, one of the pair of earrings look like big teardrops and are handmade with thread. They are orange and yellow and really cool looking. I wore them last weekend and the threads started to unravel. So, I think I figured out how to fix it. I took nail glue and put it over the back of the threaded area where the thread had come loose. I did other areas that looked like they could unravel so I guess I will find out next time I wear them.

I am almost done with my shawl and have started my son's birthday socks. The blue and gray is the yarn for my son's socks and the fall colored yarn are for Jackson and Thomas's socks for Christmas.

Maggie: I have dry ear wax problem. Mine itch all the time too, but mine make dry wax. I guess I should talk to my dr. They might put me on the same stuff. My ears drive me nuts all the time. It is still hot and sticky here. I thought maybe we would be done for the year and start moving towards fall temps, but it is still pretty miserable again by midday.

Susan: I started to ask if you were drying out then read your post. Let's hope that you now will start drying out. I hope you have a nice holiday weekend. We have lots to do this weekend as we move closer to the trip. I dread the commissary trip this weekend as it is military payday on Friday so the grocery store will be nuts!

Well gals, I hope you have a nice rest of the day. I am going to go and sit and knit on the socks and try and get the cuff done so I can start on the leg. He wears a size 13 so these socks are gonna take a longggggggg time! Faye
Attached Images
File Type: jpg atmosphere.jpg (6.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg hayride.jpg (27.2 KB, 2 views)
Old 08-31-2012, 11:04 AM   #29  

Good Morning, Flowers! It's supposed to be a cooler day today and only get up to 92. It's breezy and cool right now. There is lots of hammering and sawing going on as the French door is being removed in preparation for the new doors. There is plastic hanging from the ceiling but I don't know if that will deter Ernie from investigating the open space or not. I'm trying to think of food to take to the lake on Sunday; there could be a chance of Jason and family being here tomorrow, for a shower, but I haven't heard anything definite. The spare bedroom is full of "stuff" from the construction zone.

"Gma" -- I hope you are feeling better today! I'm so sorry you have these "episodes." I really like Jack's socks! You find the prettiest (most handsome) yarn colors. I had to when you said Jay's socks will take a long time because he wears a size 13. Jason's feet grew first when he was in 6th grade. He finally caught up to them, heightwise, in junior high and has worn the same size ever since . . . 12. Ian's feet are bigger than Beth's now so think he will do the same thing. I'm sure he will be tall like Jason and Amanda. Will is tall so Beth will probably be the shortest one in her family, like me.

I need to make my grocery list and get moving for the day. There's no point in cleaning anything which wasn't on my agenda anyway. Have a fantastic Friday and enjoy!
Old 08-31-2012, 11:25 AM   #30  

Good morning gals. I am waiting for the downstairs floors to dry as I just steam mopped all but the entranceway. I have to move stuff and sweep and mop out there still.

After I get all the socks done, I am going to make something for myself. I have rag rugs in the entranceway, a long runner in front of the washer/dryer a small one in the bathroom, and another rug in front of the fridge. They are all wearing pretty badly and my entranceway rugs are stained from washing them with a pair of new blue jeans! So, I found patterns and am going to make rugs to match the colors I am going to paint the downstairs. I think it will be fun and they are pretty quick to knit up. Part of the fun will be picking color combos and deciding on pattern in the rugs or whatever. I rarely make anything for myself so I think it will be fun.

Jean: I am so nervous about this stuff going on when we are on the cruise. The biggest thing is that the diahrrea gives me no warning. It isn't like I feel like I need to go, have intestinal cramps, wait too long or whatever. The other day, I stood up and had a mess all the way from the living room into the downstairs bathroom and I didn't even feel like I had to go. So, my only solution is immodium everyday and wearing incontinence pads as they are thicker just in case. I can't quit the megastrol as then I would have to deal with bleeding and blood clotting and that is almost as bad. Not really condusive to taking a trip on a ship for sure! Also, going out on excursions in a foreign country and not knowing about restroom availability and such. Funny thing, it happens only in the mornings. I told Jack on the day of the 9 AM excursion, I am going to get up super early and eat and such and hopefully if I am going to have a problem, it will happen before we leave. The other excursion doesn't start until noon. On top of that, my dopey dog got into his own poo and ate some and now is showing signs of loose stools and such. {{{sigh}}} I have 3 weeks until we leave and tons of stuff to get done and I am stressing about myself and the dog now besides getting all the stuff together to pack, making sure I get Jack's dress shirts laundered and picked up, the dog groomed, my haircut, nails and such done, shopping for snacks for the trip, calling the credit union to make sure they know we will be out of the country, and on and on. I have them all on lists so I won't forget anything, but I am really stressed out. On a lighter note, Jay is 6'6" so he would look pretty stupid with size 8 shoes I figure, but he does have gunboats! He had a pair of his running shoes sitting next to the couch and they looked like Bozo the clown shoes even next to my big feet. Thomas is to that point in his shoes. He wears the same size as his mom right now, but he is growing so tall. Have fun at the lake this weekend. A couple things I miss a lot are deviled eggs and good potato salad. Jack hates both so I never make it. I really like what they call hot or german potato salad. My grandmother made the best I have ever had.

Well, I have blabbed enough. I need to work on a menu and grocery list and finish mopping and such. Have a nice weekend! Faye