Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2001, 06:27 AM   #16  
Juno

Gosh it is approaching 2:30 a.m.! Happily DH is taking the girls in in the a.m.

Good good good. I am right on the money with food - today soups, fruit smoothies, oatmeal and pumpkin were the main fare. I really like to eat this way. I am getting more in the mood to cook too, maybe it is the light?

Can you endure another ballet report? This is so amazing to me. Instead of Buffer and weights, lately the bill of fare is this ballet business and walks in my neighborhood. Tonight I note *respectable* biceps and mucho firmness in the hip quarter! Today I did barre with the younger class (there was another adult/mom too, it didn't feel weird at all). It is much easier! But more reps so the strength is emphasized. I just need to be in fourth grade, that's all. I'm getting a better and better idea how I can work out with this stuff on my own, and I think I can do some things without worrying that no one is there to correct me.

PW wasn't it you who did The Artist's Way? I forgot to throw you a howdy on my last post. How's life? I hope the current market stuff hasn't dampened your enthusiasm for your new job. "Buy low!" I say.

Anyway. I had an almost amazingly good day. (Maybe here is the place to point out my verbose orthopaedist is on vacation this week), and I'm looking forward to tomorrow. I am ready and inspired to get to my "Original 5% club" fighting trim - I'm ready to look in those mirrors in the ballet studio and say, is that ME?

Okay friends...

Juno

Old 03-16-2001, 04:39 PM   #17  

Hello all - TGIF!!! Why is the day before you are officially on vacation the craziest!?

I will be gone next week...but checking in most likely. We have several projects to do around the house and are also taking a quick trip up to Monterey to meet some friends and have fun.

I spoke to a woman who ref'd me to ISSA to get my certification. The info is on the way. Its an at home study course - pretty detailed from the looks of it. My previous classes in human biology and nutrition and business are going to come in verrrry handy!! I'm excited!!

I'm also going to start training with this gal who ref'd me. She's been training for many years and I've gotten to know her husband who trains in the morning. He tells me I'm the second most intense training (woman) there next to his wife and prodded me and her to train together and see how we like eachother. I'm excited as she is more advanced than me and will definately knock me out of my comfort zone! We meet Monday evening for legs of all things (the hardest body part to train) so if I'm alive Tuesday it will be a miracle. She's incredibly strong!! Her DH is totally trying to psyche me out "Can't wait to see you cry" he says. Sheesh!

I did pull ups for the first time on Monday unassisted...I was so thrilled. Then I couldn't do them to save my life today...agggg. Frustrating!

Juno: Such the night owl! I made a great non fat split pea soup from C'mon America over the weekend. Pumpkin sounds good too. But I always think of it with sweet stuff. I bet it would be great with some roasted garlic or something. How fun to dance with the younger class. My mom teaches 3-5yrs olds pre-ballet. She is so sweet with them and they are just cute as can be!!

Steph: Spring is on the way!! Hang in there! I have this image of you holding your breath for the first day of sun and semi warm weather - out in it as soon as possible, digging your hands into the earth with a satisfied ahhhhhhh sigh!!

Catherine: Yes, getting certified is the right thing for me to do. You can do a lot with it beyond "just training" people - you can lecture, write, contract to PT offices and so on. I'm looking forward to it.

I guess thats it for now. Have a great weekend everyone!!
Old 03-20-2001, 02:26 PM   #18  

I'm only hopping on for a minute but I felt bad seeing the last poster was on Friday.....

Raychel - I hope you are enjoying your week of vacation at home. I have a week off in June which will be a stay home vacation and though we have projects I am looking forward to it. I have to go to IL for a 2 day family visit but that is it. Hope you are able to move your legs today

Juno - Hope you are having a good week and the work load is light. I am glad that I have a few longer weekends coming up because I already need them. Normally I don't take any days off til summer but I decided that I deserved a few extra breaks this year. They can all go elsewhere if they want to complain!

Catherine - I hope the snow is melting there like it is here! I've got a river going down my driveway. I shall survive as soon as the grass dries out a bit (mind you I have lots of snow left!!). I am trying to be prepared and make dinner ahead of time because we are going out tonight and I am sick of grabbing food on the run - so we will eat & then run. HM veggie lasagne is better than all those FF places.

JS - Ask me if I have enough discipline to survive the food challenges in a few more weeks. The calorie counting alone is killing me. Carbs are not my enemy but obviously too much of a food source for me! Hope you didn't make any more cookies this week!

I am pretty steady with the AM workouts but I still don't love them. I am just going to keep doing them until they become second nature. I've lost a few pounds this year but I really do need some kind of incentive to eat lighter.....I need to be leaner in the middle and I'll quit whining about my body shape.

One monster is up from nap - bye!
Old 03-24-2001, 12:38 PM   #19  

Well, I guess I've been gone for a while, and here we have a new server! It sounds like you all are doing very well.

My new job is still great, in spite of the lousy stock market. It's actually a great time to buy. It's keeping me very busy and challenged, and I'm eally enjoying it.

I went to the naturopath for a VLA on Thursday, and my numbers are great--reflecting my new-foound enthusiasm for life, I think. I've signed up for their 6-week spring health class, which starts in April. I know a lot of the information will be things my nutritionist went over with me individually, but I thought it would be a fun way to review, meet some other people who are trying to be healthy, and recommit to the process.

Guido is screaming, so I better run.
Old 03-24-2001, 07:41 PM   #20  

Happy weekend everybody! Today has been such a treat - the first Saturday in about a month that I haven't been into the office at all. Definitely a nice change of pace.

So, being a Saturday off, I went to see my hairdresser - and got beautiful copper streaks for the summer. Hair is such a fun toy to play with

Raychel, I hope you had a fantastic week off. Looking foward to hearing about your fun (relaxing?!) time.

Steph, nope no more cookies from this kitchen. But I do have to say that I was very thankful for the abundance of office guys who ate the bulk of them!

PW glad to see you pop in. Yah on the job going well.

Juno, have you picked your carpet yet? What a fun change that will be.

Other than working too much, things are going pretty good here. A bit shaky on the food depending on the day but the fruit is still a strong point which at the very least is making me feel better about the rest!

I have been making a determined effort to work on my arms at least a little bit most everyday. I want to be able to wear my sleeveless tops this summer without being embarrased. I'm getting good at dropping and doing pushups as I go from room to room

I've been fighting a headache all day so I think I'm off to spend the evening with a movie and a cup of tea. Have a good one!
Old 03-26-2001, 03:32 AM   #21  
Juno

Wow, hello friends. Happy Monday. This begins Spring Break in my town, so I will have my girls at home and will get a little bit more sleep than is average for me. PW and JS it was great to hear from you!!!

What a journey this is. I have to remind myself when I log on to focus on health weight and exercise issues - it seems like I just want to charge on the board and talk about everything going on in my life. Oh well it is all related isn't it! But I will start there - had a pretty decadent weekend just now, but overall I am doing so well, eating healthfully and keeping up with movement. I went to the aerobics class that I enjoy on Friday night and noted a real difference in my thighs, for which I thank ballet. Raychel I have to blush and say that I got the video but haven't tried it yet. Time time time. It will ultimately happen. I am already worried about summer - the studio does not offer summer classes, so I will have to be creative to keep my miniscule strides from disappearing.

On the homefront, no I have not picked out the carpet that that will happen. I'm not sure you-all can fathom how busy I truly am in my little life-sphere, but I just have to say that the simple act of going to carpet stores, checking samples and pricing it out and making a choice involves several serious planetary alignments to happen in terms of time availability and energy to go do it. Isn't that pitiful? It's still conceptual, but we will get there. I have been getting some fun funky "my style" which is more or less antique/junk store chic, things from ebay in the past few months, so the domestic front has been boosted by some fun collecting and the second visit of Suzanne the wonder cleaner. With Spring break this week I intend to make the most of my (hopefully) vigorous energy and do more painting and organizing. It just isn't ever "done" is it.

Ballet will not meet this week either due to spring break (the studio is pretty much geared to kid schedules). I will go to aerobics all 3 times - and that is a great workout. I am doing simple plies and releves and whatever I can remember on my own, and trying to do whatever I can remember over and over so I can get a wee bit better at it. It may not show up as grace, but I think this is what is helping the thighs.

Update - at least Steph and Raychel will recall that a year or two ago my DH had some loose talk about getting me a ring. My wedding ring, which I love, is a very modest ring - I married for love not money, hehe! We misunderstood each other, as at that time I was eyeing what I thought was an attainable ring and he about died of sticker shock. I dropped it at the time but my feelings were hurt, it was an unfortunate miscommunication but it was a hurt that I could find myself nursing (to myself) on those man-woman cross purpose type days. Will this last week he brought the topic up again (we will have been together for 15 years this Mothers day, though married for 13). Did he mean it? Yes, he said to look at rings. I found a ring with a lovely setting antique-style filigree setting (though it is new) with 6 diamonds in a row, gorgeous, which will fuse with my current ring (I am sentimental and will wear my little ring always) - I'm rambling here but my man bought me this ring and I am just amazed and of course thrilled. It caps a couple of weeks of relationship roller coaster stuff and both of us feel pretty renewed. It will be nice to have a reminder on my finger at all times that the relationship cycle continues and faith will get you through.

I also got a cartilage (ear) piercing this last weekend, which also is a story in itself. I had long admired this look but thought it would be painful. A friend in my mom's art group was diagnosed with breast cancer and underwent a mastectomy a week ago. A large group of her friends and supporters went in and got this piercing in the same place in the left ear. Most of us are wearing a sapphire, her birthstone. A group photo was emailed to her in Seattle before the procedure. I missed the photo shoot but love this gesture - it is a sad reason but many women are being drawn together and it seems to be a wonderful symbol of female solidarity. I was still worried about pain but figured it was nothing compared to a mastectomy - in fact it hurt no different than an earlobe piercing. That earring is my forever reminder to make time for friendship NOW because you never know. The early reports from her surgery are good.

Sorry my friends, this post appears to be All About Me. I'll hope for some posts this week - would be nice! I know with Raychel returning there will be some good action. I love seeing the numbers of people reading our little saga here. Here's a bit of our astounding, and most importantly, RENEWABLE energy for all who are reading this!

Fondly
Juno

Old 03-27-2001, 08:22 AM   #22  

Default Has it been 6mos already?????

I've spent my time catching up on all the old threads I could find, so I don't have much time to post now, but will follow up with more later. Last time I checked in, I had bought a house and was about to move.....That was in October! It's amazing how anything can throw you off of your game if you let it... A few pounds have found their way back to my rear end and I have been struggling to get my self to the gym more than once a week. I am headed there now. You are still the same bunch of inspirational women as always!

-More Later
Katy
Old 03-27-2001, 03:29 PM   #23  

Ackkkkkkk!! The day after vacation is always awful! I was sooo swamped yesterday!

Vacation was nice. I trained with a lady who has been lifting for 12 yrs. She got me to 225lbs for squats and pushed me on everything else too! Between her and her huge husband they are going to kill me! (In a good way) It was so much fun!!

Seeing my gf in Monterey was wonderful too! We had a great time. Tom had a pretty good time - unfortunately him and my gf's husband don't have a huge amount in common so it was a little odd. I'm much more social in that type of environment than he is. He gets very stressed out when we are traveling to an unknown place. Weird. Its made me get reflective about our relationship (again). Not in a bad way - just recognizing how different we are and wondering if we are enhancing or hindering eachother?? Growing pains I suppose.

We got the kitchen painted (looks SO good) and the drip tube layed in the fruit tree/garden area. Those were the two major projects we wanted to do.

I got the info/paperwork to start studying for my certification!! Yippee!! I was hoping to start on it yesterday but work has just been too crazy.

KatyDes - Forgive me - were you using another name when you posted before? Katy is only vaguely familiar...but my mind is half gone too. Post soon to refresh my memory!!

Juno - your "new" ring sounds lovely. And what a wonderful gesture with the earrings! There is something to be said for the group energy of women together whatever the cause may be.

JS: Ohhhh - copper streaks! Doesn't that sound lovely. I was just thinking of going to get my blond ones done. My hairdresser does such a nice job with them. She did blond the first time and the second time I wanted red - the blond looked better!!

PW: Sounds like things are going pretty well for you. I'd be interested to hear more about your spring health class.

Okay I guess thats it for now. Glad to be back on board!
Closed Thread