Worldly Chicks - August is Agreeing With Us

You're on Page 5 of 19
Go to
  • Ellen
    Feel better soon.

Michelle
    for those pounds lost. It does help to have some one in your corner.

Laura
    I'm glad my work day is almost over too. It means that I have a 4 day week end coming up. It will be a busy one though. Only have Thursday for myself, then to Jonesboro to visit with a friend, the Saturday go eat lunch with my uncles.

Annie
    I may have to try your grilled tomato and cheese sandwich.

-----
    Been doing good this week on the steps. Been wearing my pedometer.
    Monday=10,000 plus
    Tuesday=10,000 plus
    Wednesday=12,000 plus.
    My niece has been texting me this week. She's wanting to come see me. I'm planning a trip to MO in October.
  • I CLICKED POST AND WHERE DID IT GO??????
    OK.....I'LL START AGAIN..........................

YESTERDAY WAS QUIET. ONLY ONE CALL
    NEVER EVEN GOT FULLY DRESSED.
    TOMORROW I MIGHT GO FOOD SHOPPING OR HAVE IT DELIVERED.
    MORE FRASSING RAIN IS EXPECTED.
    NOTHING NEW HERE.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR HE THOUGHTS ABOUT THE TV WHEECHAIRS....
    I CANNOT GET INTO THEM SAFELY.
    THE CONFIGURTION IS WRONG FOR ME & MY PHYSICAL ABILITY.
    I NO LONGER MANEUVER VERY WELL BENT OVER ON SHAKY LEGS.
    WISH I COULD USE ONE...IT WOULD BE A LOT EASIER TO GET ONE.
    BIG DIFFERENCE IN PRICING!
    MY CHAIRS RUN RETAILS OF ABOUT $35,000+.
    SO MEDICAID WOULD BE OVERJOYED IF I GOT A HOVERROUND!

HAVE A GREAT DAY

CEEJAY...YOU ARE BECOMING QUITE THE TRAVELER NOW.
    HOW NICE TO BE PLANNINGA TRIP TO MO.
    I BET THE FAMILY WILL BE HAPPY.
    THAT'S SOME STEPPING YOU'RE DOING. GOOD WORKOUT.
    HERE IS SOME COOLER WEATHER FORYOU

ANNIE...GLAD THE FAMILY DINNER WENT WELL.
    YOUR CHEESY SAMMIES SOUNDED DELSH!!
    I MAKE SOMETHING SIMILAR BUT WITH A COMBO CHEES HAT J'S SELLS.
    YOUR WEEKEND IS JAMMED PACKED. ENJOY THE 2 DAY!

MICHELLE....SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE DH AND HE FALL.
    BETTER THE WALL THAN THAT POOR MAN. HOPE HE'S OK.
    A WEEKEND HOME MIGHT JUST BE THE TICKET FOR BTH OF YU.
    GLAD WORK IS GOING WELL AND NOW YUR PC IS SET UP.
    GOOD LUCK WITH THE PROJECTS.

LAURA...SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE RESTAURANT CLOUSRE.
    GLAD YOU FOUND ANOTHER ONE. STEAS AT HOME ARE THE BEST.
    EPECIALLY GILLING THEM
    JEN AND I CALL THE GOOD STEAKS BUTCHER CUTS.
    GOD BLESS YOU GALS AND YOUR SAVVY COMPUTER WAYS.
    HOPE YO GT THE WORK AND LEAP YEAR SORTED OUT. :ug

ELLEN...HOPE YOU GET WELL SOON.
    I HATE TUMMY ISSUES YOU HAV MYS SYMPATHIES FOR SURE!!!!
    JUST JUMP IN AND NOT WORRY ABOUT CATCHING UP.
    NOT SURE HOW YOU KEEP UP WITH YOUR OWN FAMILY!! LOL
  • MICHELLE.....CONGRATULATIONS ON THE 7 POUNDS!!
    WAY TO GOR GIRL. NICE 2 WEEKS YOU HAD!
    SEE WHAT A NEW JOB CAN DO!!
    YOU WILL BE A CHANGED PERSON.
  • Morning all.

Michelle- congrats on the 7 lbs!

Ceejay - enjoy your 4 days. Another trip to look forward to!

Mel- Glad your day was quiet. Those Jammie days are nice.
    ---
    Did a spin class last night. Wasnt in the mood, but I made myself go & of course it was good. Pushed myself a bit harder, liked it a bit more.

Today's a volunteer day. Wearing the t shirt given to us & a pr of yoga pants. I have no jeans presentable for the public that I want to get painted up, the ones i have are for yardwork, preferably backyard work, lol. Besides the yoga pants are comfier.

Tonight I planned a circuit class, but we'll see how I feel after the volunteer duties.

Cheers!
  • Good morning ladies -

Happy Thursday to most, and Happy Friday to Shad! As my cousin says...If I stand on my tiptoes, I can see the weekend! Today, I have to review some code in preparation for a meeting this afternoon with a vendor downtown. We have to migrate our site, and thousands of pages of content from their environment to our new environment, and I need to write a program to do it. I'm hoping I can base my program on an program that was written before I started for another content migration project. Why re-invent the wheel if I don't have to.

After work, I have to stop at the pet pharmacy and pick up more meds, and then, I'm planning on going to the gym to work out for 1/2 hour or so. My first time back at the gym in months. I won't get there in time for the Zumba class, but I'm going to do the recumbent stepper while reading Jennifer Hudson's new book "I Got This".

I want to start going grocery shopping on Friday evenings when possible. The lines are shorter than the weekend, and it's nice to get that chore out of the way to free up the weekend for other stuff.

=========================

Shad - How much longer do you get to spend with lovely Sophia and DS?

Laura - So sorry to hear you're having such trouble with that report. I'm pretty good with reports (especially in Business Objects and Microstrategy), since I've done reporting for the last 3 or 4 years. So if you want to PM me what the issue is, maybe I can offer a suggestion. I hope today goes better for you.

Ceejay - WTG on all those steps!! Sounds like you have a wonderful weekend ahead!! Good for you! And another trip to look forward to! I'm so happpy for you, sista!

Mel - What a relief that there was only one call yesterday. I hope today is just as quiet and if I were you, with all the rain coming, have the groceries delivered. We're getting lots of lovely rain...and we still need it. It rained Tuesday afternoon, on and off yesterday and last night, with more coming today and tonight. Bring it on...as DH just put grass seed down to fill in the parts that turned dark brown from hot dry weather; and the flowers and veggies are loving all the rain. The dogs aren't enjoying the wet weather too much, as they don't like to play in the rain.

Ellen - Hope you're feeling better today.

Happy - Any fun plans for today? I'm really getting inspiration from you going through your boxes in the garage. I hope to get several hours of decluttering in this weekend.

Annie - How ya' doing sista? Is Lil Man over his cold yet? Sending the lil dude lots of healing hugs.

Time to dive into code review.

Much love and many hugs to all,
  • Laura - you're the sneaker inner! on doing the spin class! You go, girlfriend! That's great that you enjoyed it! Have fun doing the volunteer duties.
  • Good Morning Chicklets....

Wow we had a monsoon here last night. Won't have to water for a couple of days. Believe it or not we are still in a drought even with the h*llish rain storm last night.

I have been fighting a sinus infection all week. My face hurts and my throat is sore from the drainage. Thank God no fever. I just keep poppin sinus tabs and ibuprofen. It is worse in the morning when I wake up. I may go out and get some different meds at lunch.

Harvested more lettuce last night. Two more gallon bags full. I am the lettuce queen at work. I have brought in bags of lettuce for about 5 people. Going to try to make my salsa tonight. I will have to take it over to sissy's as my freezer space is too small.

CHELLE...CONGRATS on the loss of poundage...7 wowser!! It always helps to track our food. Good for you. Glad the job is going well. Hope DH is doing better, tell him I said to stay upright.

LAURA...I would do volunteer day just to wear the more comfy clothes, plus I like working outside. Have fun.

MELLIE...drats on the wheelchair dilimma. Don't cha just wish something would go along smoothly for a change? Glad the alarms were not to bad last night. We finally got some of your rain, but it looks like it is heading your way...sorry..booo.

CEEG...wow good job on the steps. I am very proud of you! Keep up the good work!

ELLEN..hope your tummy woes have ceased. It can make one miserable when the tummy is hurting.

SHADDIE...you must be hugging on that baby...at least when she is alseep and you are not dunking her flinging around...lol

HAPPY...are you out with the animals of nature? Enjoying the scenery? Hope your day is wonderful.

Better get busy...Loves and hugs.
  • Good morning girls,

Found this in the garden day before yesterday. It's a tiny tiny toad hanging under a leaf on my snap pea vine. He's slightly bigger than a grain of rice, that "rope" underneath him is actually thin twine we have to stake the plants. I had a difficult time focusing in on him - my camera instead wanted to focus on the tomato plants in the back of the picture. I need to learn the various settings on the camera and now that I have had some exposure (no pun intended) to subjects like dark skies and extreme close ups and such, the explanations of the settings will make more sense to me.

• What a great picture Happy...good job. You are learning and getting it!
  • Happy - I love the photo! Great job!

Annie - I wish I lived closer so I could share in your harvest. Pretty much the only thing I'm getting is tomatoes...and not many of them. We're getting rain here too, and I'm loving it. Hopefully it will clear up for the weekend, as I'm sure the lawn will need to be mowed by then. Thanks for the books and magazines. DMIL and I just love getting your care packages. I hope the sinus congestion, pain and pressure ease up for you soon, sista.
  • Chelle...I got about 15 banana peppers (sweet and crispy) out of the garden last night. And used 3 of my green onions on the pizza I made. My garden is rockin' this year.
  • Went last night with my cousin's wife to see Hope Springs with Tommy Lee Jones and Merryl Streep. I thought it was a comedy but it's actually a drama with comedic moments. A good flick that one should probably see WITH their partner. Anyone who has been in a long term marriage can relate to this. I don't care for the characters that Steve Carrel plays but in this movie he played a straight-laced, dead serious counselor and did a very good job. We enjoyed the movie and stopped afterwards for ice cream.

The cement men are here working on the garage pad. I was going to go to the grocery store today but I would have to carry the bags the long way around the yard to the back of the deck to avoid walking on the cement. We are about to run out of coffee creamer so maybe I'll go to the store and limit myself to 2 or 3 bags - I need a few staples and the rest is either making some interesting recipes from my library cookbooks or just skipping the fresh stuff and eating out of the freezer. I made some zuchinni soup the other day that turned out good.

Last 2 mornings it's been great sleeping weather but really chilly in the morning. I have been holding back turning on the fireplace just to take the chill out of the air. 65 degrees inside is a bit cooler than I'd like. So to those of you who are warm, enjoy it while you have it I don't mind the cooler weather but I am concerned for all those green tomatoes in my garden.

Michelle- congrats on losing the pounds down. That's wonderful! What a great way to start off a new job. That's got to help build comraderie in a new setting also. That's unfortunate with DH having a stumble there but ... if the wall was in that bad of shape, perhaps it is one of those things where it looks like a mishap but allows you to uncover a problem you might otherwise not have noticed. That's too bad that he and DMIL will be away for your birthday.

Annie - sorry you are feeling so yucky. Apparently there is alot of mold in the air although with the recent rains that may have helped to wash away some of that. I am starting to feel the headaches and stuffiness too - attributing it to the cool down. It's frustrating too because of the hop-heads ruining the good sinus meds. Now what they have on the over the counter market is junk stuff that probably wouldn't work on a baby. Hope you feel better. That grilled cheese and tomato sandwich sounds delicious!

Laura - good luck on your Day of Caring

Mel - I hope you get just what you need in a new chair - and you know exactly what bells and whistles will do you best

Shad - waiting on a picture of YOU holding the new baby *hint, hint*

Ellen - great way to put some unneeded clothes to good use. Hope you are feeling better.

I was going to go to the store and the library but the dark clouds have moved in and so has the rumbling of a pop up storm so I guess I'll tackle something else on the to-do list. See yahs
  • Annie - Your harvest sounds delish!!

Happy - If cement guys are working at your house, you're obviously not getting the all day rain that we're having. It is much cooler today...in the mid-60s, but as long as the 80 degree temps aren't done for the year, I don't mind a cool day every now and then. It's ok that DH and DMIL will be away on my actual b'day. I'm trying to price out having a party at a bowling alley or something a few weeks after my b'day, so they'll be back from CA and DMIL will have all her stuff moved in and be settled.

I was thinking about doing a Zumba class after work...but my back is a bit sore. I'll see how I feel in an hour. I just got back to my desk from the meeting we went to downtown. And since I'm leaving in 1/2 hour, I'm not motivated to start anything.
  • Michelle
    I'm proud of you for losing those pounds.

Happy
    Can't blame you for not wanting to lug those groceries. They can get heavy.

Shad
    I'm waiting for the picture of Nana hold the baby also.

Ellen
    Hope you are feeling better

Annie
    Your garden has really produced this summer. I saw the picture of the lil man on FB. He's really growing.

Mel
    Have you gotten the other chair yet?

________
    Got a statement on the ambulance service today. I was expecting it to be more.
    I'm expecting a mattress to be delivered anytime. I'm putting this on top of the futon.
  • Whew another drive by for me...got to run to cross country practice. but on the bright side DD2, DD3 and I are all feeling better and goig to take a walk. will be slow going with a 3.5 yo, but is better than nothing. Took the kiddies to the Dentist this morning...no cavities!! YAY!

Stopped by my moms and took her to the store for school supplies for my brothers and sister. My mom has been steadily improving, even up to driving herself some places and walked at Walmart today (the last mototized cart was out of order)

Ran to the store with my 4 and went grocery shopping...I think I need to start shopping monday or Tueday. when I go at the nd of the week it seems like I spend too much and then there is no food left. Well, gotta run, they are getting antsy to go even tho practice is 5 mins from the house

Luv and Hugs!