3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Old 08-17-2012, 03:03 PM   #136
gettin' with the plan

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Annie
So glad that you are feeling better. Don't over do

Happy
The rain about fizzled out before it got here. But it was nice to see a bit of the wet stuff. It made for a happy weatherman last night. Love the pictures.

Michelle
Wow meeting up with Annie and Laura would be fun. Hope your DH feels better soon.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:38 PM   #137

Hello all. Hope everyone's had a nice Friday.

Ceejay - Sorry the rain wasn't all that much. We had a couple rainy days, but we're still way behind. Hope you have a restful weekend.

Michelle - Hope the coding/testing went well today. Enjoy Irishfest tonight! Sorry DH is feeling lousy and has to work this weekend. I sure hope he gets a couple comp days next week to help him recover.

Annie - Happy bday to your ds. Enjoy the cookout tomorrow and don't overdo it - you're still recovering! I had to laugh when you said you didn't want to sleep in one of your guest rooms because you didn't want to have to clean it up!! BTW, the washer actually cleans the sheets, not you, LOL.

Happy - The park looks beautiful. I usually get over having uninvited people in my photos - sometimes it's good for gauging the size of the landscape. I would have been one cranky chick not eating til 4 pm - I hate skipping meals.

Mel - Hope the shopping went well!!

Shad - You are a saint for not saying anything to M! Good for you having that restraint. Sounds like she's pretty self-absorbed, and the division of work is not balanced at all. I hope things settle down and even out. "Bavarian Bum Hummers" - LOL! Safe travels if I'm not back here this weekend.

++++
Went to a circuit class last night.

This morning was a bank appt, then off to Rockford to meet bf's mum, aunt and two nieces for lunch. Yes, Rockford, so it was a long drive. Lunch was fine, and we drove the nieces home. The older one is is rather silly/giggly/spastic and can be hard to take after a while (hope it's just a stage!), but the younger one is rather calm. They're both good girls though
and we had a nice drive back home with them.

Bf had me take doggy to the vet for his adequan shot this afternoon - oy. The girl was not at the desk when I arrived, but one couple was waiting before me, and another person arrived after me. Both of them were there to pick up drugs. It took a while for the doc to get up front for the shot, and in the meantime two lively lab-looking dogs that their person could barely handle came in, and then two feisty, barky beagles came out of a treatment room and one got in Coal's face and he lost his footing and went down as has been happening a lot lately. [email protected]#$% Their person apologized and asked if he was okay, which he was, but Coal had already been panting and shaking like a leaf because he hates being there so much, so by that time we were both totally ready to be out of there. Shortly thereafter the doc gave Coal his shot and we were finally outta there. Sigh.

This evening we have to hit Walmart for some stuff and the pet supply store for some dog food and a new collar for Coal. His old name tag finally gave out and came off his collar, so we also need to get a new one ordered/made up for him (he's also microchipped).

Tomorrow is the get together for bf's bday. The weather is supposed to be nice, so it should be fun. As I said I'm not really up for an all-day, all-night party (we'll be getting there early in the afternoon), but it's at a very popular, old spot on the Chain-o-Lakes that I've never been to before (Blarney Island), so it should be entertaining.

That's about it for me. Everyone have a great weekend.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:44 PM   #138

Height: 5'5"

Good Evening ladies! Been a busy week, but with the kiddies going back to school it should settle down. Today I took both DD1 and DD2 for their shot. They are both just now getting the series, so they are on #2 of 3 shots for Heb B. Then we went school supply shopping. I am all done, just need to make a quick stop Monday morning for Gym uni’s and they are all set for another new school year. Nothing much new…working this weekend thru Monday, I will miss the open house at the kid’s schools, but DH knows to take them.
Laura~it sounds like you had a busy busy day. Glad the luch was fun, but OH what a drive to Rockford. Sorry Coal had such a bad trip to the vet…hope he is settled down now.

Ceejay~How was your trip to Walmart? It seems like a few of us stopped there today!!

Michelle~I am so happy that you were able to find this new job. You sounded so miserable and sad at the old one. Your trip down here sounds fun…wish I could meet up with annie,Laura and you, but I have to work every weekend. Enjoy the “L”

Annie~hope you are feeling better...I know what you mean about not wanting to clean the guest Bed rooms, but I know I sleep so much better on a bed than the couch. Have fun and Happy Birthday to DS

Happy~I love your pics…the veg from our garden look so yummy. You should start to pak some dried fruit/granola for your trips out. You and DH always find some trail to look at, then you miss eating…I know I eat poorly when I go that long with out eating something.

Melody~Hope you stayed dry on your trip out!

Shad~OMG, I do not have words for what you went thru. I want to apologize for my generation…I don’t know how some ppl were raised, but I would never have acted that way…Esp with all the help you have been making dinner and holding Sophie. M just needs a wake up call!. You can always whinge to us here!

Ok, time to get back to work. You ladies have a wonderful weekend!!

10 lbs in 10 weeks!
Goal date: 7/10/2017

upswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 07:57 AM   #139
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

I AM AWAKE BUT NOT BRAIN FUNCTIONING YET
SORRY NO PERSONALS. MAYBE LATER.
YESTERDAY WAS JUST TOO FRASSING BUSY.
SHOPPING, MAINTENANCE, FRIENDS VISITING & GENERAL CRAPOLA.
I'M TIRED INSIDE MORE THAN OUTSIDE THOUGH.
WOKE UP EARLY TODAY WITH AN ALARM & NEED SOME MORE REST.
CAN'T HANDLE ANY MORE THINKING RIGHT NOW.
THANK GOD THE OFFICE IS CLOSED FOR 2 DAYS AND IT'S RAINING!!
HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT WEEKEND.
Old 08-18-2012, 08:54 AM   #140

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Well today was a better day. It is liking living with Jekyll and Hyde.

Back tomorrow with update and personals. Going home tomorrow. Looking forward to that.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 01:13 PM   #141
gettin' with the plan

In to say hello.

Procrastinated yesterday about shopping but today it's a must. Stomach was upset for some reason. Last night I took a phenegran that the e.r. doctor gave me and slept till 10. 30 a.m. Feel lots better this morning. The rest of the morning was talking to my sis who lives in Dallas. They sure have had a busy month.

I'll do personals later.
Old 08-18-2012, 03:36 PM   #142
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Afternoon chicks,

Was raising the shades this morning and noticed something on the outside window sill. Thought it was an odd looking piece of pine tree schmutz but upon closer examination I saw it had legs. If the pine trees start growing legs I'm MOVING I called DH to the window to see and he said "oh, that's a stick bug". I said "that's no stick bug". He said Yes it is. I started laughing being totally famililar with Australian stick bugs and thought what Shad would be saying about this creature, while as large as my hand from fingertip to wrist, is a dwarf baby compared to the arm length Aussie kind If I zoomed in on the shot you'd see how it looks just like a stick. Always something new to see in the northwoods...

It's a bright and beautiful Saturday out there. Next couple of days going to be the same. Lovely autumn weather - the perfect temperature for doing just about anything outside. Next few days supposed to be more of the same.

2 days ago we had swarms of hummingbirds all over. Best I could count was 12 trying a go at the most popular of the 6 feeders we have out. I'd say their numbers are halved today. Guess they are getting ready to make their long trip to South America for the winter. I'm thinking they will pretty much peter out in the next 3 weeks.

Yesterday I made a tomato soup with roasted fresh tomatoes, onions and garlic - that came out pretty good. I also put the fixings for a tomato / pasta sauce in the crock pot last night and let it cook overnight. Woke up this morning to a nice smell in the house I still have about 15 pounds of tomatoes to use. I think I'll roast more and freeze them. It's so nice out I hate to stay in the house. DH is trying to find a place he can go fishing off a dock since we don't have a boat. I should go into town to pick up a couple of gifts but I hate to contend with the weekend summer people. Only a few more weeks and they should be headed back home. I'd like to put off shopping until Monday. Nothing much else going on.

DH is calling me for something - be back later for personals.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 03:37 PM   #143
Choose your hard

Stick bug -

Old 08-18-2012, 08:41 PM   #144

morning all,

Thought I might have time to chat this morning, however time just slips away when you are having fun. Just finishing tidying up the house, packing the last of my belongings and getting ready to go to DS1s place. We will probably have lunch together and then he will take me to the airport. DS2 will pick me up and dump me at home in his usual style. I feel warmer already. Anyway gotta go. Trying to get some more pictures of Sophia today. Will show them if it comes off.
Old 08-19-2012, 09:03 AM   #145
Happy September

HAPPY SUNDAY!

I HAD A BAD NIGHT. WOKE AT 3 AND BACK TO BED AT NEAR 5.
NOT FEELING MYSELF TODAY. IT WAS A SINUS/ASTHMA ATTACK.
NOT SURE HOW IT HAPPENS WITH THE A/C ON! :tantr4um:
HAVEN'T HAD ONE LIKE THIS IN A LONG TIME.

ANYWAY...ON WITH THE MORNING & BREAKFAST.
THEN MAYBE A LITTLE LIE DOWN AFTER I CHECK THE ALARMS.
SOUNDS GOOD TO ME

NOT MUCH TO REOPRT. YESTERDAY WAS A FEW FALSE ALARMS.
THEN I TRIED TO CLEAN. FELT VERY LAZY.
WENT OUTSIDE FOR A BIT. COOKED SOME FOODS.
THEN WATCHED TV.
HOPE YOU GALS HAVE A GREAT WEEK.

HAPPY....I LOVE THE WARNING SIGN UNDERNEATH THE BUG.
SHOULD HAVE SEEN THAT BEFORE YOU OPENED THE SHADE!!
OMG....THAT THING IS HUGE!!
ARE YOU SURE YOU STILL LIVE IN THE USA??
I REALLY LOVED THE CAT PLANTER ON YOUR DECK TABLE.
THE VEGGIES LOOKED BEAUTIFUL & DELICIOUS. YUM!
THE PICTURES OF THE WATERFALL AND PARK ARE GORGEOUS!
LOVED THE COVERED BRIDGE TOO.
REALLY TOOK A GOOD LOOK AT THE ROCH FORMATIONS SURROUNDINGTHE "RIVER".
THE WHOLE PLACE IS JUST LOVELY.

SHAD....THIS TRIP WENT SO FAST...FOR ME ANYWAY.
GUESSING YOU ARE ALREADY HOME SAFE & SOUND.
HAD A LAUGH AT JEKYLL & HYDE BUT NOT FUNNY I KNOW.
PROUD OF YOU THAT YOU MADE IT THRU THE VISIT.
ESPECIALLY THE BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE DINNER FIASCO.
GOD HELP THAT GIRL. SHE IS SOOO LOST. VERY SAD.
LOVED THE HOUSEBOAT SITE AND ACTUALLY READ ABOUT THE DIFFERENT BOATS. LOL
WISHFUL THINKING!!

CEEJAY,,,,,HOPE THE TUMMY FEELS BETTER.
DID YOU GET TO SHOP?
I'VE NEVER HEARD OF THAT PILL BUT GLAD YOU FELT BETTER.

ELLEN....I CAN IMAGINE THE COST OF SCHOOL SUPPLY SHOPPING.
WHILE IN THE STORES I FAINTED
GOOD LUCK WITH THE SHOT SCHEDULE. BUSY GAL!
HOPE YOU HAD A GREAT WEEKEND TOO.

LAURA....POOR COAL...I KNOW JUST HOW HE FEELS.
I HATE DOCTORS OFFICES AND JEN HATES SHOTS!
WONDER IF YOU CAN ASK FOR A SPECIAL "BACK DOOR" TREATMENT?
SOME VETS WILL ACCOMMODATE A NERVOUS ANIMAL.
NICE LUNCH OUT WITH THE BF'S FAMILY.
DID THE BANK TEACH YOU HOW TO MAKE MEGA MILLIONS?
IF SO PASS IT ON
HOPE YOU STILL LIKE THE LAYERED HAIR.

ANNIE....GLAD YOU FELT A TEENSY BIT BETTER.
SENDING GET WELL THOUGHTS YOUR WAY
HOPE YOU GET BETTER VERY SOON.
THIS IS NO WAY TO END A SUMMER!!
HAVE A GOOD TIME AT THE BD PARTY

MICHELLE....YOU'VE BEEN BUSY TOO I SEE.
HOPE DH FEELS MUCH BETTER.
HOPE TOO THAT THE TRIP TO PACK THE STUFF & BRING IT BACK GOES WELL.
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU CAN MEET UP WITH THE GIRLS
Old 08-19-2012, 09:53 AM   #146
gettin' with the plan

Morning chicks.

Happy
That's the biggest stick bug I've ever seen.

Mel
Sorry you had a rough night. I've seen rag weed this morning and I know that the golden rod will be in bloom if it isn't already. I'm prepared.
Fall is coming early this year in my area.

------
It's back to work for me this morning. Didn't want to come in. I couldn't go to sleep last night but I think it was due to the fact I slept so long yesterday morning. Still have a bit of a queasy stomach. Don't want to go to the doctor but my sis the APN told me to not put off going.
Did some yard work yesterday afternoon. Raked up the pine needles which are worse than raking leaves. We're supposed to rake them to the curb but I think they miss me on purpose.
We had a bit of rain during the night.
I'm going to look up the phenergran. It puts me into a deep sleep.
Old 08-19-2012, 01:19 PM   #147
gettin' with the plan

Looked up phenergran--It's main purpose is to treat allergies but can be used to treat upset stomach. I believe this was a bit much for me.
Old 08-19-2012, 03:21 PM   #148
Choose your hard

Good morning all,

We were supposed to go for a picnic back to the park with the waterfalls today but last night when I went to bed I was feeling poorly and woke up several times with an upset tummy. Yesterday we had spaghetti and meatballs with the homemade tomato sauce and I think it was a bit too acid like for me. Either that or we had too much garlic as there was garlic in the sauce, DH made meatballs with garlic and we had garlic bread. We probably STINK today I have an awful metalic taste in my mouth I can't get rid of. Yesterday I made Oatmeal Scotchies cookies for our picnic today. DH loves them and was hovering back and forth in the kitchen. I told him they were for the picnic and then said - oh go have some - not knowing he pulled a stealth move and snuck some off the dish anyway Last night I packed a bag of paper goods and stuff like chips and cookies into a bag so I'd have less to fuss with this morning. I made the cookies from a package so there weren't a whole lot of them. I packed a dozen or so in a bag for the picnic (they are small) and went to bed. This morning when DH woke me up I said I wasn't feeling well and went back to sleep. I woke up a bit later when DH came into the bedroom and he said to me "are you sure it was the spaghetti that made you ill or all the cookies you ate". I looked at him and said - "you think I ate a WHOLE PLATE OF COOKIES????" (This would be something he'd do so not entirely out of the relm of reality for him). He didn't see my picnic bag - only the empty cooler bag on the counter so he thought I ate them. What is funnier is that (and he admitted to thinking this) was that he was thinking here I was telling him he could not have any cookies because they were for the picnic and then he thought I went and ate most of them after he went to sleep We will try another day as we have lots of nice days ahead of us this week.

Glad you liked the stick bug - I thought the warning sign was funny too - it's a warning that the screens are not secure enough to keep a toddler from falling though - only a small pin holds them in. I like my cat planter too - used to have 2 of them but DH built a small shelf on the fence in TN that got clobbered when a tree limb fell in a wind storm. That's my lemon balm growing in there which is quite happy even though it looks to be root bound.

You coffee pic Mel looks good enough to drink Sorry the head is stuffy - it's that time of year and with all the rain you've had, everything must be soggy including the nose Thanks for your comments on the pictures - yes, the park is really lovely. Hope to get some good shots in the fall with autumn colors. I'll bet the bridge will be especially pictureesque.

Poor Shad - Jeckle and Hyde Should not laugh because it's not funny but you do have a way of putting things that makes me You should be home by now and getting things back to normal. Are you still on contract and just took a holiday or are you a free woman for a bit?

Ceejay - at least you got some good rest. Now ready to face the day? Looks like the weather is getting a bit more tolerable out your way. I imagine with the heat you have alot of dust and things to make the head all stuffy too.

Michelle - you sound sooooo much happier at the new place although it sounds like it didn't take long to get wrapped up in the swing of things. Glad to hear you had a nice time at the Irish Fest. Hope you have a good time with DMIL today and that DH is feeling better. Put him in the yard on the patio in a comfy chair and let him soak up some healing sunshine!

Ellen - seems like you are ALWAYS on the run! Great idea about the granola or trail mix. I used to make some for DH - will have to do that again. Thanks! So are the kids ready to go back to school? Always a bit meloncholy as that means summer is about to be over again

Laura - pool Coal getting all shaken up at the vets. I imagine sometimes it gets pretty wild there. Looking forward to hearing about BF's birthday party. Hope it was more fun than frustration and that everyone had a good time.

Annie - hope you are feeling better and enjoying some sun with C and your kids. How great that DS got a new house. Bet it's pretty. Have a great cookout.

I need to get off here and wrap this up. Have a good Sunday all.
Old 08-20-2012, 04:34 AM   #149

Evening all,
Short one as I have frittered away most of the day and need to get going again to get a few things done before it gets too late and I need to go to bed..

I am home. It's been a lovely day. DB2 arrived around earlier and had a cup of tea with me. I've organised for the cat to go to the vet on Wednesday and need to ring my accountant for a meeting tomorrow. I did some shopping for food, but will have to do some more later this week, I went to the plant nursery and got some seedlings for the garden. Hope I will be around for these to grow up big and strong. I've done some laundry and unpacked most of my stuff from Adelaide. I am not on contract to anyone at the moment, but there is some work coming in and I may be off to the Northern Territory later next month.

And that is about it from me for today. I'll get here earlier tomorrow to do personals etc. See ya
Old 08-20-2012, 08:13 AM   #150
Happy September

GOOD MORNING GIRLS.
GEE....WE MAY GET RAIN FOR A CHANGE TODAY.
I'M THINKING WE SHOULD BE GROWING FINS!
A FEW ALARMS AND BROKEN TOILETS THIS WEEKEND.
NOTHING TOO SERIOUS.
JEN SLEPT A LOT. RICHIE & I CHATTED.
HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT WEEK

CEEJAY....I LOOKED IT UP TOO. THINK IT'S TOO STRONG FOR ME.
HOPE THE TUMMY FEELS BETTER. MINE'S BEEN A BIT WONKY TOO.
DR SAID IT WAS FROM ALL THE MUCUS PROBABLY.
YOU'RE RIGHT...I FORGOT ABOUT THE FALL WEEDS GROWING.
I SHOULD HAVE LEFT THE WINDOWS CLOSED DURING THE DAY TOO!! LOL

HAPPY....I THINK MY LEMON BALM & BASIL LIKED BEING ROOT BOUND.
WHEN WE LEFT THEM ALONE ONE YEAR IN THE BACK, THEY GREW BETTER.
THIS YEAR I PLANTED NOTHING. I MISSED THE BASIL SMELL.
BUT MY TUMMY DIDN'T. I GET ACIDY WITH FRESH HERBS NOW.
I LOVE LOOKING AT PEOPLES PICTURES.
ALL THERE IS AROUND HERE IS CONCRETE AND DIRTY BUILDINGS.
THE KIDS FREAKED OUT WHEN THEY SAW THE STICK BUG.
TOO FUNNY. SORRY YOU MISSED THE PICNIC.
HOPE YOU'RE FEELING BETTER TODAY
ALTHOUGH THE WEATHER IS WEIRD, I THINK WE MIGHT JUST HAVE ANOTHER MILD FALL/WINTER.
CAN''T WAIT TO SEE YOU AUTUMN FOLIAGE.

SHAD.....GLAD TO HEAR YOU HAVE SOME WORK.
WAS WONDERING HOW THE ECONOMY/JOB SITUATION WAS OVER THERE.
HOPE YOU DO GET TO BE HOME FOR YOUR SEEDLINGS TO GROW!!
WOULD BE A SHAME TO DO ALL THAT WORK AND NOT GET THE FULL BENEFIT!
HOPE THE DB IS DOING WELL TOO.

Last edited by MELODY525; 08-20-2012 at 08:16 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote