3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Weight Loss Buddies X

Old 10-21-2012, 10:19 PM   #121

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Dance-we've just been spending too much time together. He knows all the right buttons to push. I think he thinks its funny. Sometimes I want to have a serious conversation and he just wants to joke about everything. Frustrating.

I would love a free membership to a gym, they can get expensive.

Hopefully your ex has made some progress and you two can figure out where to go from there.

I got in a 3 mile walk this evening. I have to fund something to keep me motivated during the winter. Guess I'll pull out all my wii games(just dance 1,2 and 3, zumba, wii fit plus). Can't let myself go just because its cold. Now its time to watch the walking dead, I love that show.

Minigoal:Get to 169 to be "overweight" BMI-wise
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:21 PM   #122

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Hey girlies!

Sorry I always drop off on the weekends.

Burgundy - so today was D day...what did you weight? Do you have any more craft shows to attend?

Dance - OMG....when I read your planned outing with your ex, I must admit, I got a little giddy, lol. I think it says a lot that A. you were able to plan to hand out together, and B. youget to see if you made the right decision...or he made the effort to fix it. I know your goal seems so far away but it really is not and it seems like you are doing quite well in staying consistant. Heck, I have been eating AWFUL lately and have not gained any weight so with you eating that well AND exercising, you should see a consistant drop on the scale.

My household is slowly getting better. We are ALL on antibiotics and I am just hoping I can shake this lump in my throat by Wednesday. My last 4 doubles are Wed, Thur., Fri., and Sat. Im not sure if I am on the schedule for Sunday but I know I have less than a week and that makes me happy. :-D And then we have some stuff to look forward to. We bought tickets to the Gator game before my bf was laid off, so we have that game in 2 weeks and then we made plans to go the Walt Disney World's Food and Wine Festival with our friends on Friday the 9th, lots of fun stuff.

Ok...busy Monday, back to work. So to clarify. How many pounds is everyone's goal by thanksgiving? I am shooting for 175 - 8 pounds!
Old 10-22-2012, 08:08 PM   #123

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

It's on, girls! So, here's our list of Thanksgiving goals. I'll post updates whenever we get any losses (which should be often!)
Lindy - 175 - 8lbs
Burgundy - 186 - (not sure - burgundy, how much does that mean you need to lose?
Dance - 189 - 6lbs

And, I'm extra motivated since I'm seeing my ex in two weeks - I know it doesn't sound like much since I'm losing so slowly, but I'd like to be down 2 more pounds by then. More if possible - we'll see. But real ones - not just water weight, if you know what I mean.

Burgundy - nice job on the miles! It is hard when it gets colder - I totally agree. For me (since I'm at the office during the day), the darkness doesn't help either - very unmotivational.

To deal with exactly that issue, I've been working on lining up walks or runs with a bunch of different girlfriends. I'm hoping that will help me stay on track!

Lindy - so glad you are on the mend and that you are getting close to the end of the extra job. That has got to be exhausting!! That's great on the fun stuff to look forward to - we all need something on the horizon.

No scale progress for me today but I picked up some healthy stuff at costco at lunch so I will be doing a bunch of cooking this week if I can fit it in.

Off to walk with a friend... Hope you guys are having a nice evening....
Old 10-22-2012, 11:39 PM   #124

Lindy-i was in a rush leaving the house this morning and didn't get on the scale. I will tomorrow then I can let y'all know how many lbs I have to lose. Sounds like you have some fun family outings planned. Glad to hear you are all on the mend. My cold lasted a week or so but I had enough antibiotics in me from my teeth it wasn't too bad.

Lindy-i know what you mean about the dark. It gets dark so early and I'm used to walking in the evenings. I have to remember to go about 4 now. Plus its been raining here so much, I have to get out when I can.

I didn't get a walk in today, I was at the church ll evening decorating. It looks so cute in there. I did do just dance 3. That got me sweating. It has a 7 day sweat plan. I'm gonna make that goal this week. 21000 "sweat drops" for the week. I got 3000 today.

I've been reading a lot online, so I'm gonna up my b6 and b12 to hopefully kick start the nerve in my lower jaw so I get some feeling back in my chin and lip.

Hope everyone had a great day.

Old 10-23-2012, 04:38 PM   #125

Random whoosh this morning! Down 2 pounds - I got on and off the scale like four times since it seemed so unlikely. I can't imagine I'll get lucky like that again anytime soon.

Burgundy - glad the church decorations are turning out well. And love the idea of a sweat drop count! Too fun... Curious to hear about your progress on the scale too.

Nicky - hope you're feeling even better today! Just a few more days till that 2nd job is toast - must feel good.

Am planning on a run after work today.

Food plan:
B: 2 eggs
L: trout and green beans
D: steak salad
S: raw pecans, green olives

What's everyone else eating?
Old 10-24-2012, 01:44 PM   #126

Ugh - horrible night last night. I was awake from 11:30-5am, I think. Totally groggy today. Don't you hate it when that happens randomly? You guys have any good secrets for when you're awake in the middle of the night?

I wimped out on my run yesterday so I'm going to try to make myself do it today although I can imagine that will be on the tough side since I'll be wiped out by the end of the day. Oh well.

Hope all is well with you guys...
Old 10-24-2012, 09:13 PM   #127

OK weighed in. I'm at 191 so I want to lose 5or 6 lbs.

I'm in the middle of making 200 cake pops, but luckily I've made so many, I don't even want them anymore.

Gotta get to dancing. I walked almost 4 miles with a friend earlier. Now I just have to keep this motivation going.

Dance-my sleep is always messed up. Usually I don't fall asleep until about 1 or 2 am. Luckily I don't have to get up early so its OK but a lot of times I sleep way later than I would like to. If I watch a movie that usually makes me sleepy or reading for a while helps me fall asleep.

Old 10-24-2012, 10:02 PM   #128

Burgundy - love the new profile pic - you look gorgeous! Are the cake pops for the fall festival at the church? Frosting is a big weakness for me - I'm impressed that you haven't been tempted!!

Now we have our official Thxgiving challenge stats:

Lindy - 175 - 8lbs
Burgundy - 186 - 5lbs
Dance - 189 - 6lbs, 4lbs left to go

Heading to bed super early - talk to you guys tomorrow...
Old 10-24-2012, 11:10 PM   #129

I really want to be able to move the ticker so maybe I'll make mine 185 so 6 lbs for me.

Old 10-25-2012, 12:16 PM   #130

Okay - with revisions from Burgundy and from me!

Thxgiving challenge stats:

Lindy - 175 - 8lbs
Burgundy - 185 - 6lbs
Dance - 188 - 7lbs, 5lbs left to go

Didn't get on the scale this morning for a change Am going to try to just weigh in maybe 3x a week so I don't make myself so nuts. No exercise today - had an early meeting and have a work dinner later - oh well. Hope you all are doing well....
Old 10-25-2012, 04:35 PM   #131

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Hey girls....I like the goals and kudos to you Dance on your whoosh! That is definate motivation. I really have no secrets when I am up at night. I am not a night time grazer, I get very thirsty and those are empty calories but that is about it.

Im just giving you a girls a heads up, I am checking out starting to today and will check back in on Monday. I am in the final stretch of my second job and just tired. My girls also have a tournament on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday....so when I am not working, Ill be going to their games.

Hope you chickadees have a successful weekend, cant wait to read up on your success on Monday. Enjoy the weekend! :-D
Old 10-25-2012, 05:10 PM   #132

Good luck with the marathon weekend, Lindy!
Old 10-27-2012, 11:13 AM   #133

Morning, girls!

I know you're super busy so I won't hear much from you for a bit.
Burgundy - hope the fall festival is going well - post pix when you can!
Lindy - hang in there - just a few more nights as a sexy zombie nurse

Hope we get a check-in from Sandy and Maddysmom sometime soon...

Down another pound today - now at 192. Since I'm making some progress, I'm going to get ambitious and lower my thxgiving goal to match burgundy's. Plus, that goal would get me to the high end of an overweight bmi which would be nice.

So here's the revised goals:
Lindy - 175 - 8lbs
Burgundy - 185 - 6lbs
Dance - 185 - 7lbs left to go

I took my parents to the airport super early today so I've been up for forever already. Am going to do some cooking (soup and veggies) and go for a run later this morning. My niece is spending the night tonight and we're going to work on beading projects - should be fun. 7 days till I meet up with my ex - hoping to get down a few more pounds by then - we'll see.

Hope you guys are doing well!
Old 10-28-2012, 09:37 PM   #134

Hey girls!
Super busy day today - raked leaves in the morning, then walked 4 miles with a buddy then had a massage then went for a 3 mile run with another friend. Didn't have much of an appetite today for reasons that are unclear (but I'll take it).
B: 1.5 flax muffins with sugarfree jam
L: didn't have time - just a handful of almonds
D: honeycrisp apple with 3 slices of sharp cheddar

Lindy - Congrats on finishing your second job!!!

Burgundy - How did the fall festival go?

Hope you guys are doing well....
Old 10-28-2012, 11:59 PM   #135

Lindy-final stretch, yay. You have to be exhausted.

Dance-you are rocking it. You are right on my heels. I have to kick it up a notch. 7 miles today!!!!! I haven't walked in 2 days but I did finish my just dance challenge. I needed 21000 sweat drops, ended with 21126. I'm happy I finished that. I have been thinking about dusting off 30 day shred. Not sure yet. I don't think I will do it ever single day. That or get back into zumba, I really like that. The fall festival was so much fun. We didn't expect a big turn out because we have a small congregation but there were 37 people there and 18 were under the age of 18 so it was good. I have pics on my camera. I'll have to upload them soon.

Hope your weekends are going good. Time to watch the walking dead, yay.

Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.