Old 10-12-2012, 12:56 PM   #106  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Hey Dance....it is quiet but as long as everyone keeps checking in every few days, I am a happy girl.

I am feeling better today...sadly, things are a bit crazy in my household. The bf is sick, his son has the flu and my daughter took a dive over her handlebars this morning and I am on the verge of bringing her to the doctor for x-rays. She is bruised up pretty bad but insisted on going to school, well...an hour later I get a call and I pick her up and she is all swollen. Poor baby. Fortunately I am off from my second job tonight - woohoo. We had plans to go to the carnival but I just dont see that happening. Oh well....a little night of R&R is definately not a bad thing.

How is everyone doing food wise? I can pretty much eliminate exercise from my routine. Working 80 hours a week is sucking all life out of me, I find it difficult to even take the stairs at work...how pathetic. No loss on the scale but I have been pretty bad at keeping track of calories this week so that is no surprise. I plan on roping it back in tomorrow though. Its a pattern...I do well for 4 weeks, then fall off, then well for 4 weeks.

On that topic...what is everyones bad habits, short comings, and "kryptonite" when it comes to losing weight?

What is everyones plans for the weekend?
luckylindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 02:21 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Lindy - how did it go at the carnival? Is your family doing better today? So sorry go hear about your daughter getting so banged up.

Ran tonight and will go again in the morning. At least I'm finally down another pound - that took forever.

My worst thing Lindy is getting the munchies after dinner when I should be done eating. Curious to hear other answers ...
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:17 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Doinit-welcome, join right in. Are you following a certain plan?

Mikava-we have a great group of ladies here and we try to keep each other accountable. What plan are you following now?

Lindy- are you feeling better. I've had a head cold all week. I did walk that one day then it cold and has been raining for a few days. I am such a chicken in the cold. I told Chris we are gonna eat out only once a week but it never seems to work out like that. I'm gonna start writing it down and when we reach a limit of (your number is good) 3 times a week, that's it. No more. Is your household getting back to normal? How is your daughter after her tumble? I'm doing OK food wise but no movement on the scale but I blame that on no exercise. Just haven't felt like it the last few weeks. I'm like dance-I get the munchies at night. Sometimes Chris will sit down and have a snack at like 11pm and I find myself joining him. I have been crafting to keep myself out of the kitchen and it seems to be working.

Dance-did you run with a friend. My friend called yesterday to go for a walk but I wasn't home and didn't make it. Congrats on that lb. I'm still at 190 but I don't want to move my ticker.

This cold really kicked me in the butt(or head). I went from all the trouble with my mouth to this. I still have gaping holes where my teeth were extracted and still can't open my mouth all the way. I think that's keeping me from eating a lot. The oral surgeon said i couId come back in for them to check that out or wait it out a little longer. I opted to wait it out a little while longer since the surgeons office is about 3 hours from my house.
I picked up some sugar free Popsicles so if I need a snack they are only 15 calories.
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:23 AM   #109  

burgundy - poor you! first the oral surgery now a cold? That doesn't seem fair at all. I did run with my buddy on Friday - we've been doing that on Fridays for a couple of weeks now - I hope it becomes a habit. Way better for me than wine and cheese at a happy hour somewhere!

Got in my run on Sat as planned and had some visiting relatives over for dinner. Yesterday I didn't get in a real workout but helped a friend unpack after her move which involved a good amount of stairs - they have an old victorian house with 3 floors plus a basement so it was better than vegging on the couch for sure.

Just IM'ed with my ex for the first time in 2.5 months - wanted to let him know about a friend of ours dog who had a leg amputated and needed to use some stair treads that my ex had made for our house when a different dog would come to visit. Anyway, totally weird. He's going to visit his dad over thanksgiving. No mention of anything else - like missing me or wanting to get together. I didn't ask him anything about his moods or anything either. *sigh* Any advice?

We always used to like to talk politics so I was thinking I might touch base with him after the debate this week. I'm thinking IM and phone for now though - I'd prefer not to see him until I've lost another 10lbs or so. (I lost around 8 to get back to ticker and 2 since so that's 10 so far since this reboot - another 10lbs would have me looking much better.)

It's my b-day this coming weekend and it will be the first time in 10 years that I haven't spent it with him. Ok, pity party over - heading back to work...

Last edited by dancerindenver; 10-15-2012 at 12:56 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:09 PM   #110  

Awww, Dance - I totally understand you missing him. Just channel those feelings of missing him into some good workouts. I think you used a good avenue with the dog stairs to catch up and let him know you still think about him, I personally would digress in talking politics and just wait and see what happens with him. Remember...you broke up for a reason, sometimes people need time to miss the other or to change bad habits. It is ultimately your life and it is easier said than done with me being in a relationship but I was single for 4 years and do know that it does feel better at times to be in a relationship.

Burgundy - I wish I had something to distract me more, I really need to consider a hobby. Today I have consumed SO much food...its ridiculous. I just keep eating and eating and eating. I wouldnt be surprised if I gained a pound. This happens every once in 2 weeks or so and I just let it happen and get it out of my system. I have not dropped any more weight either but I havent been counting calories, so obviously that is the culprit.

Gabriella is doing good, she just got banged up really good but no broken bones...thank god. My bf's son Jack ended up having strep throat and the flu so we are all trying to fight from catching that. Work is great....well, the people arent but the money is. I only worked 20 hours this weekend (15 actually out in the filed) and 5 closing and opening...and I made $450 bucks. Its nothing to sneeze at for a PT job. :-)
Old 10-15-2012, 06:51 PM   #111  

Lindy - you are totally right - I'm going to leave things as they are for a while. He knows I'm around and open to being in touch but if he still hasn't taken steps to treat his depression then I still don't want to be part of it. I manage to get a little shaky on that point sometimes but you've talked me out of it for sure. Workouts, here I come! Meeting a friend for an after work walk - will run a bit to meet her and run on the way back so I should be able to get my heart rate up some.

Glad your daughter is healing up. If you happen to have any vitamin D3 around, take some extra of that, I'm convinced it helps me fight colds and flus when I'm around a virus. Sounds like you are doing great with your pt gig - that's pretty impressive. Any luck on the job search front for your bf? I totally know what you mean on the crazy hunger thing - that happens to me every so often and it's like it doesn't matter what I do, I'll be starving all day no matter what. I wish I understood what made those occur - if you figure it out, can you let the rest of us know?

Food today:
b: lf plain yogurt with splenda and raspberries
l: mixed steamed veggies, chicken and curry sauce (from a local healthy fast food chain)
d: chicken, green salad, sauteed mushrooms

What's everyone else eating?

Last edited by dancerindenver; 10-15-2012 at 07:17 PM.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:53 AM   #112  

Hey Dance....

I wish I could run places to meet up or run errands, it might motivate me more. In Orlando, everything is miles away and on a public road (in which NO ONE knows how to drive)...its awful. I see people swerving all the time and when I pass them and look up...they are usually on their phone, smh. So I'd be fearful to be even remotely close to them. I have a friend who lost over 200 pounds in a year by educating himself with nutrition classes and a personal trainer. He now wants to help others, free of charge so we are going to start a grueling schedule in November once I am done with the Halloween pt job. On the boyfriend part...nope, nothing. I told him he will have to work at Walmart starting in December if he does not find something soon. His unemployment runs out in March and I do not want to cut it that close.

My food for today is definately going to be light. I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY overate yesterday, like...I felt so gross when I went to bed. So today I am doing an iced coffee for breakfast, maybe some soup for lunch, and then chicken and a salad for dinner. *sigh* if only I could swing meals like that every day. The bf is sick now and the kids are slowly getting better. Ill have to do the D3 because I am SO fearful of catching this. I am getting my flu shot next week so hopefully that helps.

I am proud of you for sticking to your guns with your ex. It is SO hard to not go back to what is comfortable. I remember when I broke up with my ex how I cried over and over, thinking I ruined my family but in the long run, I ended up being happier. I just needed to get over the guilt and lonely hump...ya know. We are fastly approaching the holidays - yikes! That means MORE challenges along the way. Get ready girls. Ill catch up later...busy day at work today.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:49 PM   #113  

Lindy - I totally know what you mean about Orlando - everytime I've been there for work it seems very spread out. Remember when we got together at Panera a couple of years ago? I'll have to see if I can come up with another excuse to make it down your way

It is really really helpful that I have around 4 close girlfriends that live near enough to me that we can meet in the park for a walk or run - definitely helps me with after work stuff in particular. This time of year with it getting darker earlier, it's so hard to resist the lure of the couch when I get home.

Doing okay foodwise today - no exercise yet - will try to run after work.

B: flaxseed microwave muffin with no sugar added jam
L: trout with green beans and almonds
D: leftover curry chicken with veggies
S: lf plain yogurt with splenda and raspberries

Hope you all are doing well!

Last edited by dancerindenver; 10-16-2012 at 04:56 PM.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:52 AM   #114  

Down a pound this morning! I'm going in late to work today so I have time to fit in a run in the morning instead of waiting till after work when I'm tired. What's going on with you girls today?
Old 10-18-2012, 01:41 PM   #115  

Hey ladies....I am so sleepy today. I went and did BBQ for lunch and that comfort food is not sitting well with me now. I cannot wait to finish up this second job so I can focus on my eating and working out again.

Not too much to report. I had an awful day with w co-worker yesterday. I work with nothing but men and you get used to the "environment" but one of them was so rude and demeaning - he really set me off in the worst way possible. Fortunately it was an awesome night last night at my pt job and it made all the difference.

Dance - congrats on the consistant weight loss. I cant wait to join you, lol. :-)
Old 10-18-2012, 02:45 PM   #116  

Lindy - sorry about the sleepies. I read somewhere that afternoon tiredness in women is often related to dehydration. Any chance you can go get a big glass of ice water? The second job ends at halloween, right? So, 13 more days? Hang in there! And sorry about the co-worker too - that's such a bummer. And I have a long way to go to catch up to you since you never let yourself gain back as much as I did. Hoping to be much closer to your weight soon!

Anyone interested in setting a thanksgiving mini-goal? I'm shooting to be 189 by Thanksgiving Day.

I'm meeting my sister for dinner tonight then we are going to see my niece in the high school play - should be fun.

Hope you all are doing well...
Old 10-19-2012, 10:38 PM   #117  

Hey girls!
Just got back from a run with my Friday night running buddy and am having a healthy dinner - chicken breast with sauteed mushrooms and a green salad. I worked from home today so I'm feeling pretty lucky to have hung out in sweats all day - sometimes it's the little things Tomorrow morning my sister is coming over for a loop in the park and then I'm getting a pedicure with some girlfriends. What's on for everyone else this weekend?
Old 10-20-2012, 05:50 PM   #118  

Hey girls - I know you all are crazy busy - hope you are having a good weekend!

I'm feeling like I have so far to go - it's getting me a little discouraged. I'm so disappointed in myself for letting it get up this high again. I ran again this morning with my sis (that makes three days in a row - woohoo!) and I just kept wishing there were 20-30 pounds less of me to move. *sigh* I know it will take a while rationally but I just want it gone already!

My girlfriends just took me to lunch and to a pedicure - very sweet.

Take care and post when you can!!
Old 10-20-2012, 09:53 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies. I decided its time to check. Been a busy week getting ready for our fall festival at church for the kids. I have kept myself off the scale all week and plan to check it on Monday. There probably won't be a loss but we'll see. I've been getting in a few walks but not as many as I would like. I can tell I was a couch potato those few weeks after my extractions. Gotta get back in the swing of things.

Dance-Happy birthday. sorry things are rough with the bf. I have a husband you can have for a while, lol. He's frustrating me a lot lately. Congrats on the lb. I'll do a thanksgiving goal with you. I would like to be back to ticker or below. You shouldn't feel discouraged, you have been continuously losing. I looks like you are on the right path. We can all sympathize with letting ourselves gain some weight back, but I know we all have it in us to lose it (again and for good)

Lindy- we really need to get back to counting calories but at least we aren't gaining weight. I'm glad to her gabriella is good. Is the rest of your family better?
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:29 PM   #120  

burgundy - now you've got me curious! If you don't mind me asking, what's your hubby doing that's frustrating you? Good idea on waiting a while between scale checks. I make myself nuts weighing every day. Hope you get the number you want tomorrow!

A friend gave me a free month's membership to his gym so I may go over there later for a workout - should make a nice change from my loops in the park.

I had a great birthday overall with friends and family. My ex IM'd me late last night and we ended up making plans to go to a museum exhibit in a few weeks. I think it will be good to touch base and see if he's making any progress. I suspect the answer will be no but it will help me get clarity either way.