Weight Loss Buddies X

You're on Page 7 of 38
Go to
  • Quick update. Today is an AWFUL food day! I am hungry and cannot fill up if my life depended on it. I am trying to ignore it but these are hunger pangs...ridic! I am currently at 1864 calories for the day, to include dinner, but the portion for dinner is small and I feel I could eat an all you can get buffet right now....grrrr. I may have to have a splurge day to subside this, Ill let you girls know tomorrow how I held up...or didnt hold up, lol.
  • So the grand total for yesterday's calories was 2764! OMG....I make even myself sick. But hey....I can honestly say, I needed it. Today is much better, if I stick to my dinner plans, I am currently at 1382; which is 218 under my BMR. Right now I am not hungry, so thats good because I am normally starving between 1 and 2 every day. Dinner is a salad and pork chop, yum.
  • New Here
    Hi everyone. I'm new here and after reading stories I really feel motivated. I'm a 24 year old culinary student. Food is what I enjoy the most. I love eating and cooking. I'm 295 pounds and 5'8 tall. I have a 11 month old daughter and she's the very reason why I want to lose weight. I want to be able to play with here as she grows which I can't do now because I easily get tired. Also I want to be healthy, been having difficulty in breathing and chest pains which I guess is because of being morbidly obese.

I hope to make new friends and lose weight like most of you guys.

• Welcome, chefchesca!

Lindy - I know what you mean - some days I'm just ravenous for no apparent reason. Glad that's over for you. I really appreciate your relationship thoughts. It seems like it's actually getting easier with time. I think I am going to do the week off staycation thing still though - keep the focus on self-improvement, right?

Burgundy - how are you doing with the recovery? Are you back to eating normal food?

I'm down another pound so I'm finally moving my ticker - can't wait to get into some smaller sizes.

I'm off to my grandparents in washington state from saturday to tuesday so not sure how often I'll be able to check in.

Hope you all have a great weekend!
  • Hey ladies. I have had a busy week. The craft show was today. Didn't do very well but very few of the vendors did. Every was looking not buying. That's OK though, gonna try another one next month. I was happy to make my booth fee back.

My face is finally back to normal but I still can't open my mouth all the way. I've been around 190 for a few days. Gotta get back to exercising so I can lose now.

I have my 2 year old cousin tonight and tomorrow. Makes me really want one of my own. My dogs aren't too sure about her.

I should have more free time to check in this coming week. Hope y'all are enjoying the weekend.
  • Hey girls!
    Quick driveby post from my grandparents. Weather here is gorgeous and I'm getting in a good walk everyday and sticking to plan.

Burgundy - glad you are on the mend and that the swelling is coming down. Have fun with your cousin - sounds like she'll keep you busy.

Lindy - hope the weekend shot girl shifts went well - are you exhausted?
  • Hey girls! Yay - we are back in motion, I missed you guys. :-)

Chef - welcome! We are an awesome support group and have been through weight loss journeys for like - what 4 or 5 years now. How are you doing on your journey so far. What are your plans/goals?

Burgundy - glad to see things are doing better. Sorry to hear the craft fair was not a complete success. Do you guys have farmers markets there? We have a TON of craft booths at our farmers markets and they do really well.

Dance - lucky you! I wish our weather was a little cooler. I hate it being 90 in October, I just want a slight change of seasons, ya know. How are you doing eating wise while you are there? Yep, worked Halloween Horror Nights and I am exhausted. It is definately taking a toll on my body, when I am off Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, I go to bed at 8-830 - absolutely ridiculous. And by the time I am recharged on Thursday, its time to do it all over again. Fortunately I am off this Friday night and I get to take the kids to the local carnival, so Im excited about that. Money wise I am doing phenominal...I made $450 in just tips on Friday, Saturday and Sunday night, so that is my saving grace for me...mentally.

I know I am doing really crappy on food today but I dont care, I tired and hungry, and just dont want to count. Ill resume a normal schedule tomorrow and try to cut down my calories to 1200 on Tuesday and Wednesday, then resume eating my BMR the rest of the week.

Got to go, lots of work to do today. Ill catch up later!
  • Weight loss buddies
    Hi so Im not exactly overweight to the BMI charts but my build is a bit too large for my small frame. My BMI is about 24 which is on the high end and that makes me uneasy and stressed around food. I want to get my BMI to a comfertable lower range as I find that Im never rearly comfertable in clothing and hate shopping for clothes because of this tiny issue. I need help to keep me on track as I give up for the most stupid reason like Ive had a treat but ALWAYS TOO much of the treat. Need Support

Starting Weight 58 want to go to 53-52
  • Dance-I'm ready to get out for a walk. Might try one tomorrow. My mouth is still a little sore so it might have to be a slow walk. It will be better than nothing though.

Lindy-good to hear you get a day off. We do have a farmers market but it may be over, I'll have to check and see. I have a friend that does shows all the time and she said around November they really pick up. I had taco bell for dinner so I'm right there with you on the crappy food, but it was soft so I didn't have to chew a lot, lol. Gotta do better.

Missliljo-if you need encouragement you've come to the right place. You must be using kgs? Where in NZ are you? My twin sister lives in Christchurch.

Still at 190, so I didn't keep all 11 lbs off but 7 is still awesome.

We are planning a fall festival at church for the end of the month so me and the SIL did some shopping for that today. Hopefully we have a lot of kids show up.
  • Hi All! I am a newbie! I started on this site AGES ago and have been up and down since. About 3 months ago I took a birthcontrol shot and I managed to gain about 15 lbs! I feel horrible! Nothing fits.. and now I am eating out of depression and my body aches... I have come here for inspiration! Please help me try to get back to the old me again! Here's to new beginnings!
  • Similar story here, lost control some months ago while following a carb diet (which mostly had me eating chips lol) and finished dueling against other users for weight control. I am looking for a long time dieting buddy to make a couple of duels and control weight on the LONG term
  • Hey chickadees....I am normally a lot better about checking in but I think I am coming down with a bug or something because I have been so lethargic lately. A little bit of a cough and sore throat too.

Miss - welcome to the group. It is a great inspiration and we talk about everything from relationship issues to food issues. I understand your struggles with the whole BMI thing. Everyone else can say "you are an ideal weight" or "you look fine" but it is what we feel is ideal that matters. We are the ones that have to look in the mirror every day. What kind of exercise routine are you doing?

Burgundy - did you get your walk in yesterday? We need to do something about keeping each other accountable. It cant just be like "oh well"...hmmm, maybe we can limit eating out to 3 times a week? I dont know...just thinking out loud, what are your thoughts? If that was the rule, then I would have pushed the limit at my 3 times already. :-?

Doin - OMG...I soooo now how you feel. I did the birth control shots and put on LOADS of weight. As soon as I got off, I lost 10 pounds in like 2 months, it is crazy. I now do Mirena and am very happy with that. I have not gained weight and dont even realize it is there. You just have to eat foods to help balance out your hormones, that is what my doctor advised me. However, that is easier said than done.

Mikaya - so what program are you going to do now? I tried the Atkins diet several months ago and lost 10 pounds in my first week, then I didnt lose anything for 5 weeks, at that point I threw in the towel and went back to calorie counting. It is what is easiest for me....ya know.
  • I am going to move this thread from Introductions into into Diet Support. I think you have made a new group!
    Hang on tightly because here we go!!!!!!!
  • Morning, all!
    just had a mole removed from my forehead yesterday. I'm glad to have it gone but am feeling a little weird with a big bandaid on my face. I'm planning on running three miles after work today probably in the dark - anyone wanna join me for a workout?
    food plan for today:
    b: half omelette leftover from yesterday's breakfast meeting
    l: chicken bowl with double veggies and peanut sauce
    d : green salad with tuna fish

Lindy - hope you're feeling better today!
    Burgundy - were you able to get out for some gentle exercise? How is the recovery going? And yes! Seven pounds is crazy awesome.
  • OK - so I totally wimped out yesterday and vegged in front of the tv instead of running - I suck. I'm running with a friend though tonight which always gets me out the door. Kind of quiet around here - hope you all are doing well...