Old 09-22-2012, 06:32 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies. I'm feeling pretty rough after my extractions. I still can't feel my bottom lip. I'm living on very little mashed potatoes, ice cream and Vicodin. The hygienist told me tomorrow will probably be the worst day. Not looking forward to feeling worse than I do today.

Hopefully I feel better in a few days.
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:04 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Poor you! Hang in there, burgundy - at least it will be over soon. Popsicles were what made me happy when I was recovering from mine years ago - maybe you can send your hubby on a grocery store run.

Went for a walk today but didn't quite have the energy for a run. Will shoot for that tomorrow. It's TOM and I'm ravenous all the time - can't wait for this to have past.

How's everyone else doing?
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:37 AM   #78  

Morning, girls! I'm off to Phoenix for a few days. Am going to try to get in a run before I head to the airport. Not a great weekend for me, mood and eating-wise. Hope you all are doing well!
Old 09-24-2012, 12:42 PM   #79  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Hey Dance - enjoy Phoenix, that place is on my bucket list in places to visit. What are you going there for? Oh, on the ex-bf note. Definately keep your distance and when he does contact you, make yourself scarce. If he proposes meeting up on a certain day or time, dont blow him off, just select a different day and tell him you have plans. I absolutely LOVE break-ups, lol, weird I know. But it is almost always my drive in losing weight and sticking to a program. I like your thinking of "what he's missing" - I giggled. It is SO hard but so worth it in the end to sometimes take a break. Or - who knows....long term, maybe being with someone else. Its a bit premature for that but I'm just sayin'. You guys have quite a history so hopefully you can work it out.

Burgundy - I am so sorry to hear you are in so much discomfort. Maybe the scale will be gracious to you and see some pounds lost for agony you are going through. How long is your recovery time? I had my wisdom teeth pulled when I was 12 so I dont remember the pain like most people.

So, I started the shot girl position this past weekend. I did ok. Not what I was hoping for but it is still early and not many people are in "halloween" mode yet. I am standing on my feet for 7 hours though and when I looked up calories burned for my position, it stated I burned 700 calories on Friday night and 850 calories on Saturday night - woot woot. The bad thing is I ate WAY under my calorie range (without even trying) on Friday - 900 calories, ridic. But I made up for it on Sunday with 2800 calories, lol. The scale was good to me though and I get to move my ticker down to 185. Ill take it! The bf and I are strained these days. I am tired and exhausted from busting my butt and he made a comment how I "slept all day" yesterday bc I took a 2 hour nap. Anyway, I woke up super cranky and told him that maybe if I wasnt busting my butt working 2 jobs to take care of him I wouldnt be so tired. Ugh - remove foot now. Such a bad mistake because it kicked him while he was down and has now caused strain on our relationship. He is putting ona good game face but I can tell he is none to happy with me or my comment. I cant rewind, only move forward and hope he gets over it.

My food for today is bad...but oh so good.

Breakfast (252): 1 fried egg, 2 pieces of turkey bacon, 1 banana
Lunch (780): 1 big mac, 1 small french fry
Snack (50): chocolate truffle
Dinner (400): two stuff scallop
luckylindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:10 AM   #80  

Well I'm down to 192 today. That's 5 lbs down in 4 days. I'm heading back to the oral surgeon today. My swelling isn't going down so they want to make sure I don't have an infection. I'll check in later. Maybe I will feel better then
Old 09-26-2012, 12:44 PM   #81  

Hey Burgundy - great on the loss, so sad to hear about the discomfort. I see your posts on FB and I feel awful.

I hope Dance is having fun in Arizona and getting her mind off the ex bf.

Here is an update on my food log:

Breakfast (140): Pillsbury cinnamon bun
Lunch (830) 3 empanadas, twix candy bar - yea, completely unbalanced lunch but oh so delicious
Dinner (514): steak filet, red potatoes, peas

That leaves me with a little over 100 calories for a snack, probably popcorn.

Im in training all day today and tomorrow, then I work doubles the next 4 days. :-/ Not sure how active I will be but I will try to check in.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:02 PM   #82  

Hey gals!
Just got back from phoenix and am trying to psych up for a run

Burgundy - hope things are gradually getting better for you - sorry about the tough recovery!

Lindy - good luck with the training and the double shifts - that sounds really tough.

Will check in soon...
Old 09-27-2012, 06:01 PM   #83  

Food so far today:
B: 2 spinach and mushroom egg cups
S: lf yogurt with raspberries
l: chicken panang with broccoli and brown rice
D:not sure yet - probably green salad, tuna fish salad and avocado slices

I'm meeting a buddy who just had a baby for a walk in the park after work and may get ambitious and shoot for a run in the morning.

Hope you all are doing well....
Old 09-28-2012, 08:47 AM   #84  

Hey Dance! How was Phoenix? What sent you that way? And how is the weather up in Colorado? Visiting Colorado is on my bucketlist. Any suggestions on when the best time to go is and what area?

Yesterday was an incredibly rough night at work and left a bad taste in my mouth. A bunch of a hole guys hitting on you, saying incredibly disrespectful things and all I could think about was being home in bed with my honey and checking on the kids. I made it home by 1 am and am back at work at 8 am today, I then go back to work at 6 pm tonight and work until 3 am - yikes. I am also livid because my cash drawer didnt come out to the right amount with sales, so I had to give back $20 of my tips to cover the difference, oh you bet I am going to be more careful again, I was so livid.

On a positive note....I am down 183. Working like crazy is paying off because although I count my calories, man oh man do I eat like crap, lol.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:27 AM   #85  

Dance-did you get that run in? I'm jealous, I am not liking having to be a couch potato.

Lindy-sorry you are having a rough time. Are you ever home? I would be mad about having to give up tips too. Better luck tonight. Good job on the loss, you are running your butt off.

I went back to the oral surgeon on Tuesday and Thursday. Tues he knocked me back out and drained the infection and gave me iv antibiotics. Yesterday he said its slowly getting better. I'm ready for my face to look normal again. I'm on antibiotics and anti inflammatories for 2 more weeks and a soft food diet. Haven't eaten much of anything this last week. I'm down 11 lbs in a week. I did change my ticker. Hopefully after all this is over, I can keep it going in the right direction. This sitting around not doing much is for the birds. I did manage to make a few bracelets and necklaces last night before bed. Only a week til the craft show. I hope I make it.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:07 PM   #86  

Burgundy - I am so glad you are feeling slightly well enough to do crafts, at least that helps pass the time. Sorry to hear about the infection. Ill have to say a prayer for you in hopes you are well enought for next week's craft show. On a positive note---errr, kinda, lol...congrats on 11 pounds down! Is it weird to say I am a little jealous, lol, juuuusttt kidding.

Well ladies, this is probably the last time I will be checking in until Monday. Crazy busy weekend and I am already started to feel tired...and I have another 13 hours till I get to come home. SOrry to belly ache so much, just tired of working, working, working. At least the scale is "working" in my favor. :-p
Old 09-28-2012, 04:01 PM   #87  

Lindy I'm really hoping and praying that these 11 lbs will stay off once I can eat better. I'm trying to eat more now that I'm not in as much pain. The surgeon suggested I get a liquid multivitamin for babies and just up the dosage so I started that today. I can't wait to be able to go out for walks again. Thanks for the prayers. I need them. Try to have a good weekend. Maybe the scale will be nice to you and show a loss on Monday.

I have a lot of work ahead of me this week for the show. I only have 25 necklaces made and me and Chris have to make some displays. I don't want everything just laying flat on a table. I'll try to check in tomorrow. Have a great weekend ladies.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:55 PM   #88  

burgundy - poor you! I can't believe what you're going through. 11 pounds is amazing though - I think you'll be able to keep it off too. It must be hard to be stuck on the couch - when the infection goes down, can you start walking short distances again? Hope the crafting is going well. Take some pictures of your displays if you get a chance - I'd love to see them!

lindy - sorry about the yucky guys in the bar - that can't be fun. You seem like one of the most well equipped people to deal with someone like that though - I can just see you wise-cracking back and putting them in their place! As far as visiting Colorado, it depends some on what you want to do - hike (late summer/early fall is best) or ski (march is usually the best snow conditions). Phoenix was just a quick work trip to meet with my team there - nothing exciting. I like the landscape there though and it's a quick flight so I never mind going.

Mixed bag overall this week - scale isn't budging so I'm going to try South Beach phase I - that means no fruit and no starches. We'll see how it goes. I got in a great run this morning and a weights workout so that's on the positive side. I'm meeting a buddy for a walk tomorrow morning and may even try to run beforehand - we'll see if my knee is up for that.

Still struggling with the ex-bf stuff - we've never spent this long apart - it's 7 weeks so far with no real contact. Ugh. I'm really trying just to work on me as that's the only thing I control - easier said than done though. I'm thinking of taking a week off and not going anywhere - just exercising like crazy and doing lots of home spa stuff. I have some vacation to burn up but I can't face going on a fun trip without him yet. What do you think of my home-weight-loss-camp idea?

What happened to Sandy? I hope she comes back. You girls are the best - so glad we've reconnected here.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:33 PM   #89  

So - went for a walk with a friend this morning and am planning on running this afternoon. I'm going to be busy with meetings this week so not sure how much exercise I'll get mon-fri.

B: 2 egg cups
L: Half avocado with tuna salad
D: green salad and salmon (I think)

Hope you're doing well...
Old 10-01-2012, 09:42 AM   #90  

Dance - what a great idea on the home spa/gym week! If I had vacation time to burn, I would do that in a heartbeat; Im actually quite envious at the sound of that. Making an ex and ex - there is always a reason for it and it is never easy; I'm sorry that it has resulted in absolutely no contact but sometimes that is what is best. I'm a firm believer in "everything happens for a reason"; I also love that saying "if you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours, if it doesnt, then it never was". This has been quite applicable to me. I did it with my ex-husband and my current bf, they both came back. Then I did it with this jerk who I dated for 2 years and he is now happily engaged to someone else (and has cheated on her already) - so, the moral of the story is....maybe you'll find ou soul mate somewhere else or maybe he is your soulmate but needs to finish out his soul searching. :-)

I had a good weekend. I pretty much eat whatever I want now I just count the calories. I am severely sleep deprived which absolutely stinks. My friend offered me free tickets to see Fiona Apple tonight but I am so run down and dog tired, I passed. Crazy.

Ok, I have to get moving today, Ill catch up with you girls later.

Burgundy - hope you are starting to feel better.