Weight Loss Buddies X

You're on Page 4 of 38
Go to
  • Hey girls! So nice to see the gang back together ; )

Burgundy - thanks for the note on fb - I had no idea you guys had another thread going.

Maddiesmom and Lindy - so good to see what you guys have been up to.

I've let my weight go back up to my starting weight in the last 4 months or so (partly due to some health issues recently) so I'm starting over. You guys made such a difference to me before - I look forward to having some company on my return journey!

How's the weekend going for everyone? I'm heading out for a run right now and am on day 3 of no wheat. Has anyone read the wheat belly diet book? I read some articles about it and thought it was worth giving a try but I have a hunch counting calories works best.

Thanks again for inviting me back!
  • So, I've had a chance to go back and read the posts on this thread more carefully.

Lindy - I'm probably the only one out of the loop but can you fill me in on the dbf? All I know from your previous posts is that he has two kids and is looking for work. How did you guys meet? What made you fall for him? What kind of work does he do? By the way, your profile pic is totally gorgeous - you have the best smile! I think you're super smart to use the cruise as motivation. I don't know if you remember but when I first joined you guys, I was in a panic over having to wear a tight strapless bridesmaid's dress three months later - it helped me stay focused and I'm sure the cruise will do the same for you.

burgundy - so sorry to hear about your dental troubles! That's so tough. I lost a few pounds when I had my wisdom teeth out so I bet you will too - mainly from skipping a few days of solid food. Healthy popsicles (sugar free or no sugar added) would be handy to have around during your recovery. Is it still planned for next week? Love the new profile pic - you can tell from the photo that you have the prettiest skin ever *sigh* I'm totally jealous! Great to hear that you're enjoying zumba - I've done some classes but haven't tried it on wii. Sounds like you are doing great on your mileage challenge - I'm so impressed!

maddiesmom - Congrats on your twin girls! I hope you're doing okay now that you're back at work - I can only begin to imagine how busy you are. I was very sorry to hear that your back pain is back - I know how much you struggled with that before. Hang in there, sweetie!

Knowing you guys are here makes such a difference to my attitude - I did well sticking to plan this weekend, just knowing I'd have to come and tell you if I hadn't. Things are pretty horrible with my bf - I think I've told you guys before that he struggles with depression - it's been pretty bad lately so I finally told him that I couldn't be with him until he gets help. Sounds reasonable, doesn't it? Unfortunately, when he's in a mood, he thinks I'm the problem, not his depression so we're completely out of touch and I'm all but positive he's not getting any help (as in anti-depressants) at all. Such a bummer....

So I'm trying to channel my energy into a more positive direction and lose the weight again, this time hopefully for the last time! A buddy of mine who is between jobs came to crash at my place for a while and we're going to try to motivate each other to work out and eat healthy.

Hope you all are doing well....
  • Hey Dance! I am SO happy that you joined the group - good job Burgundy! I also sent AJ an email and private message but sadly, she hasnt replied. Me and AJ actually became really close after we stopped coming to the forums, we would video chat and she even did the coolest flat stanley book for my daughter. Gabriella STILL treasures that book and I am so sad that in between her changing locations (she went to Seattle), that we lost contact. I was also overwhelmed with doing the single mom thing and didnt fight harder for the friendship...shame on me. Anyway, in the here and now, I met my boyfriend through a mutual friend, we went to bbq and the rest is history. We are now living together. He was in construction sales but was laid off back in March and has yet to find anything....very stressful for our relationship. Neither of us get child support so we are all living off of my income right now - yea, it sucks. But I had a good run for 2 years where everything was amazing and harmoneous so it was my turn to go through some trials and tribulations. I am SO sorry to hear about your boyfriend. That was a long run that you had and it is a shame that he didnt improve on it. Everything happens for a reason, who knows what will come along down the road when you are ready ...or maybe it will even put some fire under his butt to help correct the concerns you have. Good luck.

Im suppose to be counting calories and I have but I have not stopped eating when I get to my count of 1600 per day, lol. Right now Im at 1700 and havent eaten dinner, so Ill probably do something light. Right now I am averaging 2100 per day. Im a little "off" from a 2 month run on Atkins so my body is not use to consuming less. Hopefully this week I can get lower and lower each time.

How was everyones weekend? Mine was eh, I worked my second job and it was crazy busy. I want to go to sleep sooo bad, so I am just counting the hours. :-)
  • Lindy - That sounds like a tough situation financially right now with a lot of pressure on you. I hope it's very temporary. So glad you've found someone special though - no one has a bigger heart and deserves it more! I'm sorry to hear you're out of touch with AJ. Do you still have her cell number? I couldn't find it anywhere.

So, still trying the no wheat thing and it seems to make all my salty/crunchy and sweet cravings go away which is kind of amazing to me. I starting being careful last week and have lost five pounds since then (without counting calories) with one more to go before I'm back at my maximum ticker. I couldn't bear to increase my max, even though I changed scales - isn't that silly? Can't wait to be back on the ticker and have it slide down.

Got in a good run yesterday and am planning a walk after work and some upper body weights. What does everyone else have in mind for exercise today?

Anyone interesting in setting a mini-goal for Oct 1 and challenging each other to meet it? I don't know if I can do it but I would like to be at 190 by 10/1 so that's 9lbs in 3 weeks - yikes!

Hope you all are having a skinny Tuesday...
  • Hey Dance....good job on the exercise. These day's I am seriously slacking and my body knows it. When I dont exercise, I feel so tired and lazy. I am trying to get in P90x 3 times a week to start. I also am on my feet and running around like a chicken with my head cut off at my second job on the weekends, so I seriously count that as exercise. As far as AJ goes, I do have her cell but I think she may have changed it because I did not get a response when I reached out to her. Maybe one day we will reunite.

I like the mini goal idea. I am going to shoot for 180 by October 1st. And then I made another goal of 170 by October 31st - that one is a bit more agressive but I HAVE to be at 150 by my cruise, thats my ultimate goal.

I have another thoughts....lets post what we are eating, or at least what we can remember we ate, lol. Here is mine:

Breakfast (322 calories): fried egg, 2 pieces of turkey bacon, one toast with blackberry jam, one cup of cranberry juice

Snack (61 calories): opcorn, air-popped

Lunch (580 calories): black forest ham subway sandwich

Snack (258 calories): low fat fruit yogurt parfait and 20 grapes

Dinner(267 calories: 4 oz. of shredded pork, 1 cup of cucumbers with fat free italian dressing
  • Lindy - sounds like a great goal! You are plenty busy - I'm sure your second job counts as serious exercise - this is the shot girl gig, right? And I like the food accountability thing. Here's mine:

B: tea with skim, raspberries and blueberries
    L: Steamed veggies, chicken breast and peanut sauce
    S: babybel cheese, red pepper slices
    D: (at least, this is what I'm planning on) homemade red lentil soup, green salad with almond slices and avocado and vinaigrette

Ok, burgundy - we need a mini-goal from you!
  • Wishing all the best in losing your weigh that you need...
  • OK ladies, my scale hates me and today I was up 4 lbs from my ticker weight, so my mini goal right now is to just get back to 193. My food sucked today so I don't even want to post it. I'm doing good with my mileage challenge. I've walked/ran 74 miles and have 6 days left. That's a little over 4 miles a day. I went 6 yesterday and two today. I'm gonna do this, I'm too competitive not to finish.

Dance, I'm so glad you decided to join us here. Its great motivation for me to have some of the old gang back. Hopefully you got you health issues taken care of. My teeth extraction is still scheduled for the 21st. My twin sister just had a wisdom tooth out on Sunday. My mom said its that freaky twin thing, lol. I haven't done zumba in a while, I should get off my butt and do it. I really enjoy it. So sorry to hear about the bf troubles. I really hope he gets the help he needs.

Lindy-sounds like you are super busy with 2 jobs. That has to be tough but you are one tough cookie so I know you can handle it.
  • Just thought I would give you a look into what I'm into these days. The boys I always talked about are all in school now so I no longer have that job, i still see them often though. So now I am an avid crafter. I love it. Heres some of the jewelry I made over the last few days. I do most of my crafts at night to keep myself busy and away from the kitchen.

• Burgundy - those are gorgeous!! I especially love the one in the middle. There's something crazy therapeutic about beading, don't you think? I had my niece over last month for a sleepover and we both made necklaces - so much fun. You are just rockin' it on your 100 mile challenge - I'm so impressed! If you keep up with the miles, I bet you'll have no trouble getting back to ticker by 10/1. So, what are your days like (besides crafting of course) now that you're not taking care of the boys? Are you looking for a new job or not right now?

My buddy and I went for a walk last night and I stuck to plan for dinner so overall yesterday went well. Today, here's the plan:
    b- 2 egg cups (crustless mini-quiches with spinach and mushroom from the south beach plan)
    s- raspberries and blueberries
    l- chicken panang with broccoli and brown rice
    s- red pepper slices
    d- salmon and green beans (I think)

Planning on a run in the rain after work - anyone with me for miles today?
  • Hi chickadees!

hotpink - thanks for the words of encouragement. If you are interested in joining in conversation, please do so. :-)

Burgundy good job on the beading. Are you selling them on ebay or at craft fairs or anything? It's funny because I can do good when it comes to eating but awful at exercise these days. I think time is not on my side.

Dance - the lentil soup sounds soooo good! Do you have a recipe?

My plan for today is to do P90x. As I stated previously, its 3 days a week but based on my current schedule....those 3 days HAVE to be Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. I might be able to swap out a day on Sunday but its kind of a gamble because we are going out Saturday night and I know I probably wouldnt want to do anything on Sunday, lol.

My food for the day is:

Breakfast (452): fried egg, 2 pieces of turkey bacon, light cranberry juice, 2 slices of toast with blackberry jam
    Snack (110): banana
    Lunch (520): 2 cups of whole wheat pasta with very light sauce
    Snack (130): lavendar tea and red pepper slices, pop tart mini crisps
    Dinner(491): pulled pork with cucumber and italian dressing, half a canteloupe
  • Lindy - Here's a link to a very similar recipe to the one I kind of made up as I went along - I don't use cumin and I add white pepper instead to make it taste like the version in a local restaurant that I love. I buy the red lentils at a health food store as my local regular grocery store doesn't have them.

It really sounds like you are going through such a busy time right now that working out may be a lower priority. If you could squeeze in p90x 1-2 times a week, I think that would be great. Don't they say losing weight is 80% food and 20% exercise? Sounds like you are on it on the food front. Hang in there!
  • Oops - forgot that they strip out links now - try googling middle eastern lentil soup recipe and pick the one on epicurious.com.
  • Hello Ladies! Sandy here. Burgund sent me the link. Unfortunately I couldn't remember my old password etc.. since I have another computer and my data was gone. Oh well, starting over in more ways than one. I tried to load a Profil Pic and it kept failing. I can't remember, do you have to wait a while before they allow that? Anyway, good to see you Dancer! I see everyone faily regular on Facebook, but it is so nice to have a private conversation on here ;-)

I'm good, extremely busy with work, but will do my best to check in daily. Yes, I too am where I was. The weight came back with stress at work and in life. I'm in Management and it called on 'overdrive' 11 hours a day. I come home, eat and go to bed. Love my job and the people I work with, just a really busy atmosphere.

Life at home is great.......well, some stress there too, as my daughter and grand-daughter moved back in. Love them, but it does make for more housework ;-( My grand-daughter to just adorable, but busy, busy, busy. LOL Oh, and my son who is now in the Army is due to have my other grandbaby, a boy the end of October! Bubba is good, change jobs since we shut down our business. There have been tough months......like you Nikki, however hopefully we are on the upswing.

Weightloss, I'm so sick of having to lose weight, and have done it all. The only time I was really successful I counted calories and wasns't working, so I could totally focus on me. Anyway, I'm doing the Body by Vi, so we will see. I have had several friends lose 30+ pounds on it in a few months.

Maggiesmom, so happy for you!!! What beautfiful babies! I know your thrilled ;-)

Sorry about AJ. I hope she is doing well. Such a delight. Hey what about Tiff? I know they moved, but on occassion I see her on FB.

Need to do some work. Wish my pic would load ;-( Have a great day all. I will log my foods also.
  • Sandy - how fun!! Can't believe we've got the group back. I can't really remember on when they allow a profile pic but what I think I do remember is that the picture has to be fairly low in pixels so if you have a high res photo you may need to save it down to another format, like for sending over email if that makes sense.

So, girls - here's what I'm thinking - let's get to our goals and have this time be the last time. Then we can all move over to maintenance and keep each other on track in a thread there. I thought last time was going to be the last time for me - that I was done and would never gain it back. I was of course totally wrong!! For me, counting calories was too hard to maintain over time. And when life got complicated, that just went out the window. We'll see what happens this time but I'm thinking the south beach plan may be a good long term one for me.

Did fine on food yesterday but am a bit stalled on weightloss. Planning on a 3 mile walk after work and will do some weights. What's on for you ladies?