Old 08-21-2012, 08:25 AM   #31  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Burgundy - I like that competitiveness! I need to do a challenge with my friends and see if I can achieve the same. The P90x abs workout is brutal on the tailbone and I have to modify it on almost every exercise but the other ones arent that bad. The worst for me, which is also the best workout is plyometrics, it involves a lot of jumping and wellll....after you have a baby, jumping just isnt in the cards, lol. So I usually replace it with Kenpo, which I LOVE....its like kickboxing. How are you doing on eating?

Unpregnant - welcome to the group! Your concept of just cutting portions is much like Jenny Craig and Weight Watchers, so it sounds like you will be successful. What do you have planned for exercise?

Yesterday was a great success in my eyes, we are without A/C in FLORIDA of all hot and muggy places and I wanted ice cream...BAD (Burgundy - thanks for the encouragement). I passed it up and took a cold bath, then ate some scrambled eggs and went to bed, lol. Not happy about eating before bed but whatever got me over that hump, I was doing it! I'm slacking on exercise, didnt make it to the gym yesterday because me the DBF are both under the weather. I will probably start P90x next week, once I am 100%. In addition to doing Atkins, I am counting my calories and ratios, I am doing quite well. 5% carbs, 60% protein, 40% fat, and about 1400 calories a day.

So, does anyone have any goal outfits? Victoria Secret has all their swimsuits on clearance for $15 so I bought three size mediums yesterday....hopefully that is what I will be wearing on the cruise, lol.
luckylindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:38 PM   #32  

Ok girls...just wanted to share my good news! I am not quite at one month, but I am officially down 12 pounds! Plateau is done, for now. :-)

AND....my pants were too big to put on today! :-D

Burgundy - I really like the new pic of you, you look great!
Old 08-22-2012, 08:47 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Lindy-BIG CONGRATS on 12 lbs, that's great. I don't think I have lost anything. Gotta eat better. I had a burrito tonight then looked at the calories and it was 760 Cal's. Yikes! not sure if p90x would be for me. Need to do more workouts on the wii

100 mile challenge is going great. I've walked 19 miles in 4 days. I want to get to 25 by the weekend. We are going out of town for the weekend so I have to keep myself on track . I need to start eating more fruits and veggies and eat more raw. Gonna get the hubby to stop bringing snacks in the house cos I always find myself eating them,. I did pick up some v8 today, maybe that can curb my cravings at night.
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:20 AM   #34  

I tried and started, tried and started about 30 times before I finally became successful, the hardest thing for me was just cutting back on my portions and eating raw, I just have NO filter so that fact that you can, is awesome. I'm jealous. I think I am ok with going low carb for long term results. I dont miss sweets anymore and the only thing I can really imagine eating again...on occasion...would be pizza. Oh how I miss pizza these days.

Anyway, I'm still a lazy butt and not exercising. I really need to start toneing stat because my uniform for Halloween Horror Nights is not "forgiving". I have decided I will start P90x next week, Monday to be exact. :-D
Old 08-26-2012, 09:50 PM   #35  

Omg, ate too much today. Back on track in the morning. W were out of town all weekend. I only walked 4 miles the whole weekend. We went to Gabriel iglesias. He is hilarious. Ray to get back on track and starting dropping lbs. How is everyone?
Old 08-27-2012, 08:44 AM   #36  

Hey Burgundy! I am so jealous...I love Gabriel Iglesias, sounds like a fun weekend.

I wish I could say I had a good weekend but I didnt. I went TOTALLY off diet for the first time in one month. We took the kids to Legoland, and I was hungry from walking around all day and I didnt want to order 5 cheeseburgers at $7 a pop just to fill me up so I had a balances meal. Then I figured I already threw myself out of ketosis so I did the same thing on Sunday. I DID track my calories though and although they were VERY high, I did not consume more than 2,500, therefore even if the scale does bounce a little, it will not be actual fat because I did not consume enough to gain a pound. Well, this is at least what I am telling myself, lol.

I am back on board today though and ready to stick with it. I am interested to see how much this will stall or impact my weight loss. *shrugs shoulders*

Anyway, it is a rainy day here in Orlando as we are getting some of the bands from Hurricane Isaac, makes me in a blah kinda mood.

So....how is everyone else doing?
Old 08-29-2012, 04:24 PM   #37  

Lindy if you ever get the chance to see Gabriel live you have to do it. His shows are awesome. This is the 2nd time we've seen him. How is the weather down there, still rainy from Isaac?

My eating has been horrible lately. The scale is up a few lbs and its driving me nuts. I do good for a little while but can't seem to fall into a routine. I'm still working on 100 miles in 30 days. Today is day 11 and I've walked/ran 34 miles. I will get to 50 by the 2nd.

Made it to 36 miles today.

Last edited by burgundyrayne; 08-29-2012 at 11:49 PM.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:05 AM   #38  

Burgundy - the important thing is to stick with an exercise routine, because that you can make a habit. You are doing SO well....good for you! The eating thing is hard and I am finding that my cheat weekend was SO not worth it. I gained weight, which is likely water weight but still. And I felt awful on Monday and Tuesday, much like a hangover. I finally am feeling good but as of this morning, I am still not in ketosis, hmpf. I will wait patiently and see what happens.

Has anyone heard of the It works wraps? Im going to a party tomorrow, which ultimately seems like a pyramid scheme but for $25, I have nothing to lose.
Old 09-01-2012, 01:06 PM   #39  

Lindy-i am sticking to my walking routine. I've been 44 miles in 14 days. I would really like to get to 50 by tomorrow. I haven't walked yet today, so its possible. I went 6 miles yesterday. I'm gonna add more workouts even if its just wii fit. And drink more water. We have a birthday party to go to tonight. No cake for me.

I haven't heard of it works wraps. What is it?

Hope everyone is doing OK.
Vicky-how are those babies?
Old 09-01-2012, 03:53 PM   #40  

I took the dogs a mile and plan on 2 more this evening. I should definitely make it to 50 by tomorrow. Half way, yay!!!
Old 09-04-2012, 12:13 PM   #41  

Bugundy - yay! If the weather was not so hot here, I would love to walk more often. Right now it is just hot and muggy...no matter what time of day.

I weighed in this weekend and STILL no loss. On that note, I'm abandoning Atkins. I mean seriously...6 weeks on this program and the only loss I had was 10 pounds...on my first week! It is ridiculous. I dont overeat, I dont undereat, and my grams of carbs do not exceed 30 - AT MOST, there is no reason for it. I am going to start calorie counting again. This is what I did when I lost that 50 pounds. Let's see how this goes. :-(
Old 09-04-2012, 09:10 PM   #42  

Lindy i need to count calories too. That's how I lost my 50 too. I haven't lost any yet cost I haven't gotten my eating under control. Gonna work on that this week.

I didn't walk today. I'm still at 50 miles. That's OK though. I know I can make it to 100 by the 17th. I went to my consultation with the oral surgeon today. Gonna get my wisdom teeth out on the 21st. I'm ready to get rid of the bottom left one. Its just been a pain in my butt for the last 3 months. Maybe I'll lose some weight then, lol.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:36 AM   #43  

Burgundy - you are so funny. Its funny how we "hope" pain will help with weight loss. When I had my gullbladder removed, I didnt eat for 5 days, the pain meds made me tired and nauseated. I lost 15 pounds in one week but it quickly came back. *sigh*

I did a walk yesterday because the weather was nice. It was more leisurely than cardio but enjoyable nonetheless. Today I do P90x. I am interested to see how that goes because I am feeling under the weather today and exercise is the last thing I want to do. I am hoping some soup at lunch time and som meds help.

I hope Maddiesmom is doing well. I cannot imagine how hectic things are in her house with twins AND a toddler.
Old 09-06-2012, 02:25 PM   #44  

Lindy-how did p90x go? Did you go to the it works wraps thing?

I've made it to 58 miles with 11 days to go. I will probably get another walk in tonight if I have time. I'm going to a workshop on sugar addiction at 6. Interested to see if I learn anything new. Its a free class so I'm excited to go.
Old 09-06-2012, 02:48 PM   #45  

Burgundy - Ive learned just how crazy sugar addiction is. I went one month without it and felt great, fell off the horse and opted not to get back on, lol. I am counting it in my calories and allowing one sweet treat a day but it does make it hard. But I have to be realistic, I will NEVER cut sugar completely out of my diet so I need to do things in moderation.

P90x went great. I really hate the way Tony Horton talks, especially after doing these DVD's for so long so I put him on mute and pump up my music. It makes the time go by faster and it is much more enjoyable.

OH...the It Works Wraps! I hate to "rave" about it because it really does sound like a pyramid scheme, especially the more I read up on it but I did the wrap last Friday. As of Monday I lost 8.75 inches (in three different measurements on my belly)! It is crazy. ANd it wasnt water weight because I remeasured this morning after sushi yesterday, which means bloat central, lol....and I am still good with my numbers. The thing is, just looking in the mirror, I dont see it. But in my before and after photos, there is a difference for sure. Plus the measurements. I really didnt like our rep who sold the product; she didnt educate me on the process like I had hoped, so I went and ordered 4 more wraps off ebay. Ill wrap again on Monday and let you know next Friday if I am lucky again. If not....no biggie, they were only $15 a wrap on ebay.

You know what else I am doing; such a cornball. Every time I go to the bathroom, I do 15 squats; with as much water as I drink, I should see results sooner or later, lol.