Old 01-23-2013, 02:14 AM   #406  

S/C/G: 229/172.0/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey yall. I just wnted to check in real fast. Its been a crazy week...... The surgery did nothing for me and the dr has no clue what is wrong with me. So back to thedrawing board. I was suppost to start with the personal trainer this week but my grandpa died so we are with family. Its way tougher than i thought it would be. Good news........i dont even want to look at food...so i prob will stay on track. I was hoping to find time to go get the tat this week...but it may be too busy. I will try to post pic of it. but basically it is a memorial for my grand father. His cowboy hat and boots and spurs and larriet rope.

Well i am going to try to get a few hours of sleep before tomorrow. We will talk to yall later.
Nessa131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:15 AM   #407  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Nessa - I am so sorry to hear about your Grandpa. I will most definately say a prayer for you and your family today. I think the tattoo is a great memorial to him, I look forward to seeing it.

Burgundy - thanks for the recipe. I have tried several recipes that we have shared on here so feel free to keep it up. :-)

Dance - whats new on the ex front? I really think the slow steps the two of you are taking is what will make it work in the long run. It is a good plan.

I "officially" signed up for weight watchers today. I love food too much to restrict myself on no carbs, or only eating clean so I think this will be a perfect solution. Yesterday I was so overwhelmed with work and school I forgot to eat...I have been doing that a lot lately. So I finally ate at 6 p.m. and it was grilled chicken with a slice of cheddar cheese and ham, and a side of green beans. I was eating healthy without even trying, lol. I also had a cup of lemonade but whatev. Ok...time to catch up on school work, I will chat with you girls later.
luckylindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:12 PM   #408  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Nessa - This must be a tough time for your family *hugs* I'm so sorry for your loss. Hang in there!

Lindy - nice job on dinner. I'll be curious to hear how WW works for you - it seems to be the answer for a lot of people. Your pics on FB are gorgeous by the way!

Things with the ex are good right now which worries me as I think he needs some more time to work out his issues but I'm going to try to relax and enjoy it through our trip in Feb. We're both taking a break from online dating basically - I have some big stuff going on at work that I need to focus on and he wants to focus on his job search. He's in touch all the time (which is a new development) and is coming over for dinner tonight. I'm really enjoying his company and I'm the happiest I've been in a while so I think that's good. Not back together though - and I'm in no rush on that front.

Seriously, you girls have kept me sane through this crazy process - can't tell you how much I appreciate it!

I'm planning on a run after work before the ex comes over - what's everyone else up to for exercise today?
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:52 PM   #409  

Hey girls!

Dance - I'm actually "laying low" with exercise. Last time I lost weight I changed my eating first, then I switched to exercise to get past my plateau. Since my plate is full as is, I will work on changing my eating habits and then move on to the next task. It is no longer about getting this weight off fast, its more about...slow and steady wins the race. :-D
Old 01-24-2013, 07:15 PM   #410  

Uhoh, girls! I was bad today!! A handful of potato chips with lunch and a watermelon jolly rancher. I know it doesn't sound that bad in terms of calories but it's totally off plan and I'm afraid it will trigger cravings all over again. Am headed home to exercise it off...

Lindy - totally hear you on slow and steady. I'm 100% convinced that this will be the last time for me. Can't wait to be in and stay in maintenance!!
Old 01-24-2013, 09:51 PM   #411  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

I hear ya girls . Definitely okay with it coming off slowly . It will come eventually . Plus it will be more likely to stay off instead of doing a crash diet .

Nessa- so sorry to hear about your grandpa . Hang in there . #hugs#
Lindy - im doing the same . I've changed my eating and will just incorporate exercise in a few weeks once I get a little lower . I don't want to get frustrated with a plateau .
Dance - I understand your fear but u gotta give yourself a break , can't be perfect all the time

I've been pretty in schedule . Only losing a pound a week . But that is fine with me . I have been trying to stay active and busy at work which helps . Going to gasparilla on Saturday which is basically an all day party / drinking / food . Then later that night a comedy show . I think I'll pack food for while I'm out ... But it's going to be hard to pass up the alcohol ! Saturday is my "free day" but I'm going to try and not splurge too too much and Ruin all my hard work during the week . But hey a girls gotta live

Happy Friday everyone !
Neesy_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:29 AM   #412  

Dance - I would think the opposite of your "uh-oh" maybe the change in diet will make you see a whoosh? Just maybe. :-) What did you do for exercise yesterday?

Neesy - totally jealous of your Gasparilla trip, I have always wanted to go there and last week when we were exiting the boat, they had the floats lining up down the street. It was really cool. Ok, so I have to ask and you dont have to answer me but are you and Will still together? I never see pics of him on FB so I just wasnt sure.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:26 PM   #413  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

No, we've been separated for almost two years and divorce should be final soon .... We are still friends and talk frequently , so I'm glad for that . I think the distance as well as my new outlook on life was ultimately the cause . We have just grown apart and want different things . I am more active now that I've lost weight and he's more of a homebody .... And a negative person over all . Life is too short !

I can't wait for gasparilla ! Let u know how it is , u should come next year !
Neesy_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:51 AM   #414  

Neesy - totally agree on life is too short - sounds like you had to make some tough decisions. Big life changes can shed a lot of light on relationships, can't they? I think you mentioned a boyfriend, right? Tell us about him.

Down a pound to 164 here so I'm happy. Ran and walked to dinner (salmon and veggies) so I think that helped. Not sure if I can do the remaining 4 in two weeks but I'll keep trying. Am planning on a run this morning and a walk with a buddy later today.

How are you guys doing today?
Old 01-28-2013, 10:10 AM   #415  

Good morning chickadees:

I hopped on the scale on Sunday. Which I guess is my new weight in date and I was 187. I was pretty sure I put on a quite a few pounds on the cruise and didnt start WW until Tuesday so that makes sense. Hopefully I see a loss next week and can change my ticker. Yesterday was my birthday meal since I wasnt here last week and I indulged. The end result was that I blew through my flex points. It sucks because the DBF and I are going to a concert on Thursday night and I wont be able to indluge but I am destined to stay on plan. Next Sunday is Super Bowl so I will likely blow through those points as well, lol. If I hadnt paid already, I would just wait until after Super Bowl but if it isnt one thing, its another. I have to stop procrastinating.

Neesy - I know EXACTLY how you feel. That is the same situation with me and my ex. He was a homebody and I wanted to get out more. We are still really good friends but just not meant to be married.

Dance - congrats on getting closer! You should most definately hit your goal if you keep this up. So proud of you! Are you excited about the beach trip or nervous?

Where is everyone else?
Old 01-28-2013, 01:12 PM   #416  

Hey. Yall. I hope.im back for good now!!! Never again will i.make the comment it can.onlybget better from here!! Lol anyway...... All the funeral and arrangements.are.all done.and.over with. thank goodness because my great aunt.decided to.make an @$$ out of herself the whole time!!!

Anyway....i was worried that i would gain a ton Of weight due to.all the food that was delivered to our family but.believe it or jot.....i didnt i.am back down to 181.6. And i started with my trainer today. And let me tell u.......i think he is going to kill me!!!!!!!!!! Lol but that is what i need!!! If he doesnt make me.lose weight.....i dont know what will!!! But i wish i could figure out how to post a pic on here of my tattoo. My hubby is totally cool with it (which really surprises.me) but i have sat a goal. I must lose 10 pds. Before i get it.

So anyway. I hope all of my drama is done now. And im back to keeping up with you guys!! Talk to ya soon!
Old 01-28-2013, 01:43 PM   #417  

lindy - I'm sure you'll see a loss next week - too fun to get that ticker moving!

I'll probably miss my goal by a few pounds but that's okay - I knew things would slow down eventually and every little bit helps. Nervous about the trip but excited too.

Got tons of exercise yesterday - ran in the morning, walked in the early afternoon then rollerbladed in late afternoon. Thought I might see it reflected on the scale this morning but no luck.

ETA - Nessa, didn't see your post - nice to hear from you. Glad all the tough family stuff is over for now and glad to hear your trainer is so effective

Last edited by dancerindenver; 01-28-2013 at 01:44 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:36 PM   #418  

Welcome back Nessa! There is a way to attach photos, I just need to find the instructions and let you know. I did it once before with my before and after photos (the first time I lost weight). How often will you be working out with your trainer? Is he training you at a gym or somewhere else?

Dance - dont sweat those last couple of pounds, you are doing so well. And I am so jealous, yes....even thought I just returned from a tip, lol, that you are going. Is the weather still pretty cold there?

Today I did really good eating out. I went over my points but thanks to flex points, I am still on track. Sadly, I only have 6 flex points left for the week and I am really nervous with the concert. I am going to try and snack on fruits and veggies all day on Thursday and hopefully that will help and then I can indulge a little in the evening on Thursday. I have a TON of stuff to work on today so I will catch up later.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:32 PM   #419  

Miserable with cramps today so am hoping for a TOM or post-TOM whoosh. I'm working from home which is so nice and am planning on a run at lunch. Had fun last night with my ex

Lindy - sounds like your healthy snacks strategy will be perfect. How are you liking WW this time?
Old 01-29-2013, 05:32 PM   #420  

Lindy...im on my phone when i post so that may be the problem with pictures. It might be easier if i was on the computer. And i really like my trainer...he is very good.....but i seriously think hes trying to kill me!!!! Lol today was day 2. I meet with him 3 days a week at my gym. He works there. I just hope that it gets a little easier!!! Lol i thought i was in shape......WRONG-O!!!! LOL do you use your activity points too....that might help with going over on the flex points.

Dance....im jealous too!!!! You are doing so good!!!!!!