Old 12-09-2012, 07:34 PM   #286  

S/C/G: 229/172.0/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey everybody!! To top off ny awful week...... . We got home late last night ffom visiting my family and papo in the nursing home.......only to find brian (my husband who is a computer geek for a living) downloaded a virus to our comouter and it wiped out the hard drive........ Bye bye to all of my.pics after 4-19-12. Thank goodness i backed those up or we would haveblost them too!!!!!! Pictures are my life so i have been devistated!!!!! I lost my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary pics!! They are on facebook but i cant get the good quality ones back.

Yes i have facebook. Its vanessa sampson if you search by nnme.my profile pic is of me and my sis. And all of the 50th bday party stuff is on there too.

Well good news is........ Next week cant get worse right??? Lol

talk to yall tomorrow.
Nessa131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:37 AM   #287  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Wow...I have missed so much in the couple days I was off the forum!

Nessa - sorry to hear about your short comings last week. It is a new week so I am rooting for you girl! Glad you were able to be there for your lil sis. Is she staying with you now?

Dance - I've learned one thing about these blind dates. If they dont go well the first 3 times, just stop there. Unless you are just looking for various friends. I mean...I went on a date with one guy and we are still good friends on FB; he is not married, lol. BUT, the ones that I just kept going on dates here or there, never went anywhere. Waiting on the details of last nights date! The cookie party idea sounds yummy, although I'm happy we dont have those here...yet! :-)

Burgundy - good job girl on getting your workout in. I cannot wait to see the final product of the party you are planning. Sounds like a lot of fun. How long are you going to be back home once you go?

We had a great weekend and the boyfriend started his new job today. I woke up in a great mood. I also did some Pinterest during the car ride and found this awesome 20 minute workout that kickstarts your day. I started it today and LOVED IT. I put on the VH1 while I am doing it and it went by pretty fast so I am going to try to do this every other day. Ill break it down for you guys in case you want to try it when you cant get in your full workouts. I did it in 20 minutes and was sweating more than when I go to the gym in an hour.

You do 3 sets of each:

10 push-ups (I do mine with knees)
20 sit-ups
25 squats
20 lunges on each leg
80 jumping jacks (I do these modified because I cant jump)
60 seconds chair sitting against the wall (sit like you are in a chair, back pressed against the wall)

I cant do the gym today because I have to go down to the college and buy my math books. I might do that exercise routine again in the evening since it went by so fast earlier. I also have to start cooking dinner with the DBF going to work now so I have better control over what is being cooked.
luckylindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:44 PM   #288  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

nessa - sorry to hear about your photos - that's such a bummer! How are you doing with food and exercise?

lindy - love the sound of your new workout. I am going to add situps and pushups at least!

Date last night went fine - I'd be willing to see him again. *sigh* so not loving all of this. Got an email from my ex but just a link to an article I would like - no real info.

No progress on the scale - in fact, I'm floating back up a pound or so which is what always happens and makes me nuts. I'm going to stick to plan as much as I can and wait for results. I'm walking tonight with a buddy in the freezing cold - brrr.

Hope you all are doing well...
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:36 PM   #289  

Ahhhhh - so panic mode has set in! The DBF went to his first day of work and all went well. It actually went better than expected and he is happy with everything. Good sign! Bad thing - they have the company Christmas party on Saturday and he wants to go to make a good showing. OMG...had I known I was gonna have to do this, I SO would have done better with working out and sticking to plan. SO, that being said, I am doing what I did when my last 10 pounds would NOT come off the first time around my diet adventures. The Master Cleanse. Blech! I use this as a last ditch resort whenever I have something coming up. I hate the taste of it and how hungry I am but Ive done it, and I am very successful at it. I also never gain the weight back so maybe this is the push I have been needing. I am going to try to do P90X also, but by day 3, I am too exhausted, but I will do my best. Yes, I am freaking out right now! OMG! Ok, ok...breath. I was so relieved we didnt have to do any formal Christmas parties this year *sigh*.

Dance - do you think you are not making instant connections with these guys because you are trying to remain optimistic about your ex? Maybe there could be more of a spark if you could just get him off your mind? Or is it as simple as - "no, no connection". If only it were that simple to get over ex's, right? I mean....there are guys that I only dated, didnt even have anything serious with, and I would still creep their FB page, so I can only imagine how you are feeling. I truly hope things do work out for you and your ex in the end but if they dont, I hope Mr. Right comes along sooner than later. Dating is such a daunting task.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:47 PM   #290  

Yikes, Lindy - that's a lot of pressure!! Good luck with master cleanse - I'm sure you'll do well as usual.

Maybe I'm too old and jaded for instant connections? More seriously, I've decided to try to meet people really early in the process - going for a drink before you exchange tons of emails and get preconceived notions so I can't really compare it to meeting people the way I did it before with a lot more info exchanged and a couple of phone calls. I'm lining up two more dates between now and Sunday, I think - if everything goes as planned. And am planning to talk to my ex on the phone tomorrow night. We just IM'd a bit.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:21 PM   #291  

Wow.... Im behind as usual!!!! Lol
lindy.... Lord no i love her to death but she has a place of her own now!! Lol glad ur trip went good and i know you will do well with the cleanse!!!! So glad he likes tge new job! That must take alot of stress off of you!

Dance- i have been doing really well with the eating and minus the messed up week last week. Going to the gym everyday at lunch. And im down to 186.8. So im starting to slow after thw whoosh..... I do.t think i will make the christmas goal. But a loss is better than a gain!!

Catch yall later!
Old 12-10-2012, 11:03 PM   #292  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Dance-my weight fluctuated a few lbs up before I started 30 ds so I'm down 4 lbs from where I was on day one. Really wish it was 4 lbs down from my ticker weight, but oh well. At least its coming off. The mashtinis sound interesting, might have to try that sometime. Have fun on your dates, if nothing else you will make new friends.

Neesa-sorry about your pictures. That happened to me before, we lost a ton. I'll look you up on fb.

Lindy-im excited to get to Alabama and start planning the party. My sister should have everything we need, just have to make some decorations. We are making a glowing centerpiece out of cassette tapes. They sell online for $60, we can make one for about $3. I might have to give your workout a try. I want to add to 30 day shred. I tried a little yoga tonight but my knees suck and just couldn't handle it. Good luck with the master cleanse. I just watched a jillian Michael's video on YouTube and she said to lose 5 lbs in 7 days drink 60 oz distilled water mixed with. 1tbsp sugar free cranberry juice, 1 dandelion root tea bag, and 2 tbsp lemon juice. Drink that for the 7 days. Oh, we will be down for 2 weeks. I'm ready to get away from snow.

We went to the Christmas party and I stuck to my diet until the ride home. It was snowing hard and our 2 hour drive took us 4 hours so we stopped for a snack. I had a bag of corn chips, I know, bad decision but I was starving. It didn't affect my weight. I was 192.0 so I'm OK with it. I'm really hoping to see 191 tomorrow.

Gonna stay home and clean my house. This time of year it gets neglected, but i want it clean before we leave.(me and my sisters used to make fun of my mom for making us clean before vacation but now that we all have our own houses we all do it, lol)
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:08 AM   #293  

Good morning girls!

Cleanse was a bad idea for this week. In the moment of panic, it was "I am SO doing a cleanse"; what was not considered was the work lunch Christmas party I am going to on Thursday, the Mayor's luncheon on Wednesday or Gabriella's sleepover where we are ordering pizza on Friday. On that note....screw it! I will keep counting calories and working out like I have been. I am pretty good at picking out the right clothing to conceal my shortcomings, so I will be shopping at lunch today, lol.

Burgundy - make sure you upload lots of pics of the party. I am interested to see all these ideas come to life. Let me know what you think of the workout. Seriously...you will be sweating your butt off on 5 minutes flat. It seems so simple and yet gets my heart rate up so fast.

Nessa - you are awesome! Another pound down! I am seriously in trouble with you and dance. Both of you are doing so well, and around the holidays at that! I wish I had that will power.

Dance - since you and your ex were im'ing, any plans to meet up anytime soon? Does he know you are dating other people?
Old 12-11-2012, 12:57 PM   #294  

Lindy.... U crack me up about the cleanse!! Shopping is way more fun anyway!!! Lol

i just wanted to check in real fast...... Work just keeps getting crazier so i dont have much spare time like i did a couple of montha ago!

But the scale said 185.0 this morning!!!! It better be right and not just teasing me! Lol
Old 12-11-2012, 01:42 PM   #295  

Woot woot Nessa! 185!!! CONGRATS GIRL!
Old 12-11-2012, 09:57 PM   #296  

Nessa - woohoo for 185!!!! Great job!!

Lindy - what did you find shopping? Do we get to see pics? Yes, he knows I'm dating and no, no plans to meet up. I think at a minimum I'm going to try to hold out till after xmas as far as seeing him - need to give him time to miss me, right?

burgundy - 4lbs is great!! Is the house all clean?

No exercise for me today - all day meeting but I didn't eat much so hopefully it will balance out. I'm going to go running in the morning no matter how cold it is! How did you guys do?

I have another first date tomorrow, a second one on Sunday and another first scheduled for Monday. Not bad but I'm not exactly psyched about any of them. The monday one is a 6'4" firefighter so there should at least be some eye candy

I will survive this. I keep telling myself that Thanks for letting me vent so much...
Old 12-12-2012, 09:44 AM   #297  

Dance - I am living vicariously through you, so vent away. ;-) Firefighter! Nice! I dated a firefighter, he was ah-mazing! Sweetest guy I ever met. Sadly, he wasnt over his ex and they got back to together while we were dating. Cant be angry at love, he tried, lol. I also dated a cop, that on the other hand was not such a happy experience. Actually, I dated a couple cops and I have a bad taste in my mouth about them. They are not as "loyal" as their uniform leads you to believe. Cant wait to hear all the dating details! I did get a dress but then the DBF said it was more casual then what we both were expecting so I might have to shop again for some nice slacks and a cute cardigan. Ill upload pics this weekend on FB.

Nessa - What was your FB name again? Ill friend request you so we can all get to know each other a little better.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:47 AM   #298  

Morning, girls! Scale is back at 177 - I'm ready to start making progress again.

So, ended up on the phone with my ex for 4hrs last - silly, I know. I decided to postpone tonight's date as I have a work mini-crisis and I need a day to get my head straight anyway.

How are things with you all?
Old 12-12-2012, 09:01 PM   #299  

Firefighter??? Whoo hoo Go Dance!!!!!!! Yea.for living vicariously!!!! Lol

lindy its vanessa sampson. My profile pic is me and my sis.

And well the scale said 186.2 this morning.... What the heck??? I didnt eat anything bad.... I told you my scale is a tease!!!! Lol i cant wait to get my new scales at christmas!!!!!
Old 12-12-2012, 10:15 PM   #300  

Lindy - I missed seeing your post earlier - love hearing your dating stories!!

Nessa - fluctuations are nuts but the scale will go down again soon if you stick to plan!!!

So, one of the guys I had written around thxgiving is finally back in town and we're going for a drink tomorrow. Curious to see if it's a fit at all.

I made myself walk a loop in the park when I got home tonight and am going to go for a run in the morning. I'm soooo motivated about losing, it's ridiculous!