Old 08-08-2012, 11:06 AM   #16  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Yes! I think 150 by January is reasonable goals, even if I fell shy, Id be ok with 160, lol.

I WISH we had something like that here, the stairs I mean. I could take the stairs at work but people would look at me like Im nuts and I always do better in an outdoor environment.

What is everyones weigh in days? And whats on the menu for the day?
luckylindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:24 PM   #17  

I would say today is my toughest day since starting this weight loss program a week and a half ago. Not a "Im gonna give up day" but just a "I want to go to sleep and be done with today". I feel very tired and dizzy. I believe this is a result of me drinking a cup of black coffee, of which, I am not a coffee drinker at all but I was hoping it would held as a ahem, "dieretic".

Im also extremely hungry and did not pack any snacks today in my moment of daze this morning. Just struggling all together. I have a job interview tomorrow for a part time job, fingers crossed. I wouldnt be heart broken if I didnt get it because Im kinda afraid of trying to work 2 jobs while taking care of a family of 5 but my DBF was laid off and we are tight on money and this is only a seasonal job for Halloween, so I figure...Hey, I can do this for 6 weeks - I think. :-? lol
Old 08-08-2012, 09:59 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

OK so we have some work to do to get to 150. The stairs are awesome. I think I posted some pics of them on Facebook. I love going there. There's a big sand hill at the same place. That really gets the heart pumping climbing that thing. God luck with the job interview.

I got in a about 2 and a half miles today. Yesterday I went about 3. Gotta add in more exercise. I'm trying to stay away from the scale except once a week. Why is that so hard for me?
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 05:47 AM   #19  

Hi everyone, I'm sort of new - joined ages ago but haven't been on the site since 08!

I am an American expat in England (after years in Asia and France). In my early-mid 20s I was at my heaviest (I am 42 now) and got to goal through hard work and a strict diet. After my daughter was born, I've gained and lost the same 15-20 pounds several times - she is 14. I really do despair that I will never be able to keep it off!

2 weeks ago, I decided to give up all sugary drinks (I was having sugary tea a couple of times a day). I've also cut out processed foods and joined the gym. I've been several times (5 to be exact), but I am finding it hard to motivate myself to really puch when I'm there. I've just ordered a Zumba DVD and after my cardio fitness is a little better, I'll join a class.

I am 5'4" and 147lbs - I would like to lose 20lbs, but would be happy with 15.

Would love to find support (I am a great weight loss buddy - better at giving advice than doing it myself - LOL). ~MJ
BelleinAsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:32 AM   #20  

Smile I need support

Just starting to diet, but I need some diet buddies. Anyone interested please. I am happy , fun and get along with others.But I need some help to get going. thank you sugar candy.
Sugar candy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:26 AM   #21  

Hi Belle and Sugar!

You can absolutely join this group!

Belle...you are doing ALL the right things! My profile says Im 5'5 but I need to change that to 5"4, so we are the same height. Oh what I wouldnt give to be 147 *sigh* SOON I HOPE! I struggle with exercising at home, I need a workout buddy in order to stay consistant. Have you tried P90x? I did that with a friend for 90 days and it totally changed my body. Strangely, I didnt lose weight but I sure lost inches! Do you have anyone you can work out with?

Sugar....we are an awesome group that actually has reunited from a couple years ago, its pretty cool. What is your program?

So what are your goals ladies and where are your tickers??? haha :-p

So, some good news....I got through yesterday, no cheating - thank god. Today I am starving! But Im going to get lunch now and take care of that little problem, lol. On another awesome note - I GOT THE JOB! And more than ever, Im dedicated because of the position because I, duh duh duh...am a shot girl for Halloween Horror Nights! Yikes! I have a regular fulltime job but my DBF was laid off and we need extra money.

Ok, Ill catch up later!
Old 08-10-2012, 11:17 AM   #22  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Burgundy : still around, just super busy. I used to think losing weight was the hardest thing to do...boy was I wrong! It's taking care of multiples! If I'm not feeding them, I am pumping to create a supply for when I go back to work, or I am attempting to get some sleep...which is a luxury now. How are you doing workout wise? Getting back on track?

Lindy: YOU ARE A ROCKSTAR! That is awesome. I definitely think you can make your goal...you have a cruise to look forward to! I saw that FB post and was totally jealous.

NewMommy: my girls will be going to daycare. My first daughter was at an athome licensed daycare for her first 2 years...I will be taking the twins to that same daycare. When they are 2, I will move them to the public daycare my oldest is currently at so they can get structure and be around kids their own age.

Doing ok eating wise...bought super healthy food at the store, and with the girls, it's not easy to go out...even through a drive thru. Going to weigh myself tomorrow. Just have to keep the sweet tooth incheck. I have spoken to quite a few multiple moms who said that their craving of sweets increased with breastfeeding multiples. Plus I have to eat extra calories to keep my supply up, just have to make sure it's from good foods.

Fuuny thing: my sister in law is preggo too! Expecting a girl in Oct...lots of estrogen in our family. Having her baby shower tomorrow.
MaddiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:54 PM   #23  

Maddiesmom (so weird to say that, lol) - where there is a babyshower, there is cake! lol...be weary of it with that sweet tooth of yours. Glad you can check in. I understand that you life is probably so crazy and its not going to get any easier going back to work *hugs* Keep your head up and continue to do the healthy eating. I breastfed my daughter and I think it contributed to my weightloss quite a bit. Sadly, I was at my highest weight, one year after she was born, lol.

I want to know if any of you have trouble from your significant others when it comes to eating. Mine is a complete pain. He tries....sometimes....but he really is making it harder than it needs to be, especially this week. Grrrr.

I hopped on the scale today, which my weigh in day Saturday's normally but I put on a pair of jeans and they felt awfully snug. I have not lost a pound this week. Im ok with it, really. Considering my 10 pound lost in one week, Ive lost more in one week than I have in 6 months. Im suppose to be done with induction on Sunday but I may carry it over one more week in hopes I can lost a couple more pounds. If I can be down 15 by labor day, that would be a major accomplisment.

So...besides Maddiesmom doing the shower. Does anyone else have anything fun planned this weekend? Me and the BDF are kid free tomorrow so we are going to go to the marina and hang out, then maybe a movie in the evening - yay. :-)
Old 08-11-2012, 10:42 PM   #24  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Forgot to do my weigh in todsy...was running around from the time I woke up to the time I had to keave for the baby shower. Ate well...salad, opted for lemon chicken instead of pasta. I did have dessert..a small piece of tiramisu. Could have been a lot worse.

Had a picture with my sister in law and I feel like I look ginormous. I know I kinda have to get over it...I mean, I just had twins. At my last doc visit before having the girls, I weighed 294 and I've lost over 40 since then..which is babies, extra fluid, etc, but I would like to think there's some weight too. Being out of commission is rough. Feeling down that I have to start all over: back pain, knee pain, sciatica...all the problems that I had when I was overweight. Looking on the brighter side, I weigh less now than I did when I started my journey before. Just have to get more motivated...and actually get some sleep as well.
MaddiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:22 PM   #25  

Hey Maddiesmom...the issues you are having now are just a reminder of why you want to get to goal, and the sooner the better. :-) Sleep is sooooo important to weight loss and I know that might be one of the biggest struggles of all, so just put emphasis on that (when possible) and keep it movin'. :-) The weight came on in 9 months, its not going to come off in 3...:-) You did it once, you will surely do it again. :-)

Welp, I didnt lose any weight this week. My weigh in date is on Saturday's and my weight on Saturday was still 186. I weighed in today and I was up 2 pounds....188 but I'm not recording it because it is likely water weight and its not an official way in day. I felt bloated so I felt the need to check on myself. I also cheated yesterday. :-( On a "normal" diet, cheating can be forgiven, on Atkins, I throw my body out of ketosis and it takes DAYS to get back to ketosis so Im really frustrated with myself over that. Nothing I can do about it except keep watching what I am eating.

Feeling tired and lethargic, likely from the sugar high I had yesterday, so I just want to get through this day and go home and relax.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:29 PM   #26  

Just checking in. I am a little frustrated right now. I am up 2 pounds, with a total of 10 pounds still lost in 2 and half weeks. The issue is...thats water weight and those 10 came off in the first week! I do not understand how me cutting out pasta, bread, rice, cakes, ice cream, etc. has not resulted in a large loss, it just really baffles my mind. I am promising to stick with this change in eating for 6 weeks, BUT if I go up more than 5 pounds, its all off the table.
Old 08-19-2012, 08:33 PM   #27  

OK been MIA for a bit, but staying on track for the most part. My pup was sick all week. Took him to the vet 3 times. He had to stay overnight one night. He is finally better and back to his hyper little self. Then i helped my aunt with vbs at her church. I did all the crafts with the kids. That was fun. Had a birthday party today and i did have cake so i walked and walked to burn those calories. I have actually stayed off the scale this week. Me and 2 friends started 100 miles in 30 day challenge today. Day 1 I got in 6 miles.

How is everyone doing today?
Old 08-20-2012, 09:51 AM   #28  

Burgundy - I love that challenge! Good for you!

Im doing ok. I am in week 4 of Atkins and only down 8 pounds, I was down 10 but gained 2 my second week and have not been able to rebound from that. The one thing I did differrently in weeks 2 and 3 was have artificial sweetner, so I am wondering if that halted my weight loss? Anyway, I am going to try and go the whole week with no sweetner and see if that helps. If it doesnt, I may have to switch to another diet because honestly....eating nothing but meat and fat for 4 weeks is not as great as I thought in my first week, especially if the scale isnt moving. Grrrr. I also start working out today at the gym. Mycousin is sending me a new set of P90x (mine was stolen by someone I let borrow and I have asked for them seriously....like 10 times and they keep "forgetting". Another....grrrr. Anyway, I would like to see some extreme results by cruise time and I did 90 days of P90x before so hopefully I have the mojo to do it.

So, how are we going to hold ourselves more accountable? What are we going to do to "offset" our slip ups?

Mine...if I eat too much, I will offset it by doing Just Dance for 30 minutes. Its something that I enjoy and something I can do even if it is raining.
Old 08-20-2012, 04:42 PM   #29  

Lindy-is there a lot of floor work with p90x? I have tailbone problems and can't do much floor work but have always been interested in p90x. I don't think I could make it just eating meat and fats. You have so much willpower. I love the idea of doing just dance, I love that game too. Have you tried zumba on wii? I love zumba 2.

Gonna get out and walk at least 5 miles today. Gotta take the dogs first then bring them home and go again. Gotta beat the other girls on daily mileage. Its a race to the finish. My competitive side comes out
Old 08-20-2012, 04:59 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 175/168/135

Height: 5'7"

Hey Ladies!

I'm going to get back on track by cutting everything in half over the next 2 weeks. I have an OB visit to motivate me! My weigh in won't be until the
29th.

Today is my 2nd day cutting everything in half at meals and having 100-150 calorie snacks in between with all the fruits and veggies I want. I habitually eat too late so I'm preparing dinner at 5:30pm, and trying not to think of lunch and dinner as buffet portions!

After losing 10lbs on Jenny Craig, I know this will work for me. I just need to be serious about it. Jenny Craig was only awesome because I didn't have to prepare anything.

I'll definitely be a buddy for you!
unpregnantmomma2011 is offline   Reply With Quote