View Poll Results: How Many Hours Per Week Do You Spend Watching Television?
Zero....Don't Have Time/Don't Like To Watch 0 0%
1-4 Hours 1 10.00%
4-7 Hours 5 50.00%
7-10 Hours 1 10.00%
Over 10 Hours 3 30.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2003, 12:45 PM   #16  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Shelley...

We plan to arrive in your "Sunshine State" June 28th!! Want to drive up for a couple of days, that would be great. We could run {me walk} on the beach.

Deb
Old 04-05-2003, 01:38 PM   #17  

Shelley,

I am taking a muti vitamin daily. I am trying to eat a salad everyday (with low-fat or FF dressing). My salads always have tomatoes, cucumbers, celery & carrots. I didn't realize I wasn't eating enough....I'm always full! Thanks so much!!! I'll continue to post my meals ONLY if you continue to help me! I really need to learn how to eat right. It's like I don't want much anymore but I'll try harder to get more food in daily.

I would LOVE for you to come to Panama City for a couple of days and see us!!!! How far is it from you?

Thanks again Shelley for helping me!

Love,
Sherry
Old 04-07-2003, 12:46 AM   #18  
Losing it!

Carol: I just read the bio. I didn't realize that you are a legal assistant. I thought you worked as a secretary at the dairy.

So??? What do you girls think???? Up for Kansas City next Summer????? BTW: They have great BBQ there!!!!

Dee: How's life? I didn't see a posting from you over the weekend.
Old 04-07-2003, 06:56 AM   #19  

Mornin'

I hope that everyone had a great OP weekend.I did...but just VERY busy!

I wanted to post this morning before work to say that I'm down ANOTHER 2 lbs!!!! This makes 11 lbs. since March 17th (3 weeks!!)

If you're down in the slumps about your weight, Please start WALKING and drinking WATER!!! It really gets the weight off!!

Have a great OP Monday and I'll post more when I get home after dinner.

Hugs
Sherry

3-17-03 191 lbs.
4-7-03 180 lbs.

Last edited by Sherry; 04-07-2003 at 06:59 AM.
Old 04-07-2003, 09:22 AM   #20  
Losing it!

Sherry, I can't believe how great your doing!!! Those pounds are just melting off!!!! You are way past just losing water weight now, so this is the extra "fluff" just floating off!!!! SUPER!!!! YIPPEEE!!!! I am so happy for you!!!
Old 04-07-2003, 05:45 PM   #21  

Congratulations, Sherry!! You are doing great. BTW, your menu looked better the 2nd day. You added needed protein.
Old 04-07-2003, 07:39 PM   #22  
Carol

SHERRY} WOOHOO, You keep it up!!! You are doing fantastic!! You are giving me more and more inspiration to stay on track!!!

Gayle} I do keep the books for the dairy farm, but I also work off the farm. Some of the earlier years, it has been a godsend to have a job off the farm. Any kind of farming is very unpredictable!!!

I managed to stay pretty much OP for the weekend. I hit a rough patch on Sunday and wanted sweets, but I don't think I did too much damage. I still managed to lose 1.5 lbs last week!
I have been back 100% today!

How are the rest of you ladies doing? Lets all get skinny before we meet next year!!

Hugs
Carol
Old 04-07-2003, 08:31 PM   #23  

WTG Too Carol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1 1/2 lbs. gone forever!! You are doing good girl!!

Thank you to everyone for the "WTG'S" and for your motivation, suport and love.You are the ones that keep me going!!

Love You All,
Sherry
Old 04-07-2003, 09:40 PM   #24  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Hi girls

You girls are a bunch of LOSERS!! LOL. It is so exciting to come here everyday and read what's going on.

My weigh-in this morning... DOWN 1 more pound!! Total of 7 pounds since March 4th.

WTG!! Sherry!!! WTG Carol!!!!..You are doing awesome!!!
Makes me proud to be a Floozie!!!

Running late with everything . Love you guys!

Hugs... Deb

Old 04-08-2003, 10:12 AM   #25  
Losing it!

Carol & Deb: GREAT JOB ON THE WEIGHT LOSS!!!!!! YIPPPEEEE!!!!! SUPER!!!!!!!!!

Carol: I all to well understand the risk of farming and ranching. I grew up on a farm and still am associated with it to some extent. We are taking some of the family land and placing it into CRP just for the fact that you can expect some money off of it compared to all the expense and risk of planting a crop.

Staying OP!!!!!! Not losing...

I guess old age is catching up with me!!!!
Old 04-08-2003, 05:23 PM   #26  

Gayle,
I can totally relate. I'm op too and not losing. I really got depressed about it this weekend but I had to remind myself how much better I feel and that my clothes aren't as tight as they were on Feb. 24th. I need that whoosh fairy (was that her name?) to pay me a visit!!!
Old 04-08-2003, 06:13 PM   #27  

WTG everyone on the great losses!!
Gayle and Jeanne, don't get discouraged. The plateaus are perfectly normal and one day you'll get up and it will start falling off again. Hang in there!

Thought I'd share something interesting I read today. Supposedly, people who wash frequently with anti-bacterial soap may be slowing down weight loss. The key ingredient in the soap is absorbed through the skin and suppresses the thyroid. This can cause a slow down in the metabolic process. I had never heard this before, but I thought it was worth checking out.

Has anyone heard from Lisa? It has been quite some time since she posted. If you're reading this Lisa, we miss you.

Let's keep on being a bunch of losers. Just think, when we all hit town together next summer with our svelte bodies......people will think we are there for some big reality show about gorgeous babes......They could call it "Mom's gone wild"!!!! LOLOLOL

Have a great evening!
Ramona
Old 04-08-2003, 10:39 PM   #28  

Ramona you are too funny! I love the "Mom's Gone Wild" theme! LMAO!!!
Old 04-09-2003, 12:35 AM   #29  
Losing it!

Ramona: I use anti-bacterial dish soap......hmmm....NO MORE DISHES!!!!! YIPPEEE!!!! Hubby needs to gain a pound or two, I'm turning the job over to him!!!!

Jeanne: I sent the "Whoosh Fairy" to Doni, she needs to hurry and send her back this way! Have you heard of a plan called Stillmans? Very much like Atkins except low fat meat/cheeses and no dressings. Its for people in a plateau or people that just want to get a rush on the weight loss. I'm on day two, I can not stand this getting on the scale, losing two pounds, getting on the scale, gaining one pound stuff anymore!

"moms gone wild!!" Sher, you should of wrote to Springer!!

I guess I haven't updated you on my Hospice care for awhile. I put together a makeup and hair care kit, so I have been doing facials and cutting/setting hair for the various patients. It looks like next week I will have a new patient assigned to me, she has terminal pancreatic cancer. I am always nervous when I first meet a patient and the family, but so elated when I leave. knowing that I can not take care of the problems but hopefully I have made this day better for them, it is a great feeling.

I hope all of you are doing great! Sounds like we are full of motivation on this board!!!

Doni, Lisa, Vickster: Please post a message when you have a chance!!
Old 04-09-2003, 01:03 AM   #30  

Tonight was open house at my kids' school so we decided to go out to eat. We went to Mexican food and an amazing thing happened...I didn't eat the chips or have a margarita (I love margaritas!)...I ate a grilled chicken cobb salad and had a diet coke. Now this is HIGHLY unusual....I deserve to lose at least 5 lbs. for such a sacrifice...oh whoosh fairy, where are you?????
Closed Thread