Old 08-16-2012, 10:30 AM   #31  
It is what it is...

Morning Ladies ....not a good evening last night, went over my calories by quite a bit for some cinnamon toast, tortilla chips, and had too many caramels ....gonna have to hide those tonight ...

So not feeling particularly great about myself today …

I am so dehydrated for some reason ( of course I did sweat out like 10lbs at zumba lol ), been downing water like crazy and my mouth is really dry

Me and my friend were supposed to do our water aerobics tonight but the pool is outside and it is supposed to thunderstorm here from like 3-11pm, so it doesn’t look like that is gonna happen …which makes me sad cause I need it after last nights food, but oh well …maybe go to a zumba class tomorrow after work or walk.

Susie – you ROCK with the exercise !!!!!! Great job !!!! Yeah, I think I remember Liz saying that too about planning a treat once daily in to her calories …too bad last nights caramels were 4 instead of 1, haha

Dee – did I miss you saying you were on vacation or are you just not coming on here ? Either way we miss you !!

Hi Mel !!!!

Hope you all have a great day !!!!

Food for Weds:

Breakfast – English muffin with peanut butter
Lunch – Lean Cuisine Deluxe Pizza
Snack – granola bar and a serving of natural applesauce
Dinner – 4 oz sirloin ( only 160 cals ) and roasted yellow squash
Evening Snack ( now here is where I lost control ) – two handfuls of tortilla chips, 4 sea salt caramels, and 2 pcs of cinnamon toast
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:00 PM   #32  

Height: 5'7"

The workout last night was great! I hope I didn't undo it with the fritos and Sprite I had last night.

If I plan for something like fritos, or ice cream or whatever..then that is ok with me but when I eat them for self comfort, I am not ok with that and I did that last night. It wasn't a huge amount, maybe 2 cups....but I had ate dinner and I wasn't hungry rather I was upset and angry over a conversation DH and I were having.

I need to vent a minute about that. My DH is very good to me and we love each other but somedays, well...you know how it goes sometimes. So last night, we finished dinner which he fixed because he didn't want leftovers, so after we ate he got up from the table and sat in the living room to watch tennis.

I said, "Aren't you going to carry your plate and glass into the kitchen? and he said "No, I thought you could do that. I work hard all day, my job is very physical and I'm 56 yrs old. I cooked dinner and I unloaded the dishwasher so I thought you could do the rest" ---ever hear that expression that says "and then the fight started......."

So, I said, "I work just as hard as you do, maybe not physically but still hard and I have a lot of responsibility and pressure on the job. I appreciate you made dinner but you wanted to, so don't bring that up to me. As for empting up dishwasher, well..I loaded it and we live in the same house".

Then we didn't say anything to each other for about 1.5 hrs and that is when I ate the fritos.

He told me this morning he was wrong...he said he was just looking to be babied and he was sorry. So..today it's better. Ok..now that I have vented I feel better. I should have done that last night instead of eating the fritos.

Carri: Get those carmels out of the house! I hope you get to do water areobics tonight.

Food for August 15
B=1 blueberry yogurt Quaker Oat bar
L=Weight watchers Smart meal: noodles and veggies in a ginger sauce, 2 no bake cookies, watermealon
D=2 pancakes, 2 scrambled eggs
Snack=2 cups of fritos and 1 sprite
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:43 AM   #33  
It is what it is...

Morning Ladies !!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for this weekend…not because I have anything planned but because it is going to be in the mid to high 70’s for both days !!!!!!!!! Love this kind of weather !!! Susie and Mel , I am sure you two are having similar weather huh?

Gonna be awesome Fall like weather

It rained mostly all afternoon and all night yesterday, I loved it as well, sometimes you just need a nice rainy evening…its quiet around the neighborhood and dark…relaxing…

Oh Susie, we have all been there …me and dh fight a lot about that kind of stuff …we don’t have kids, we both work 40 hrs a week – so I hate it when I am expected to do certain things around the house and he doesn’t have too …one night a couple of weeks ago I came home from work at 6:00, he had been home since 5:00, I walked in and dinner had not even been started – I was immediately mad and I was so hungry – I started cooking dinner and he just went to the living room and watched some tv…really??? Sometimes I don’t get men …love them, but don’t get them ….don’t worry about the fritos ( which I LOVE by the way , could eat a whole bag anyday ), it was a reaction, you have learned from it, today is another day so move onward and upward…plus with all your exercise I doubt it really has any impact …you might see a couple days of added water weight from the sodium but that is no biggie.

I did have another caramel last night, but only had one and I had the calories for it so I was proud of myself …but I think an emotional situation like you had last night would send me in to eating the whole rest of the container, lol

Hope the work day goes fast so we can start this weekend !!!!

Food for Thursday
Breakfast: English muffin, 1T peanut butter, ½ T jelly
Lunch: 3 crunchy fresco tacos from T Bell
Snack: Granola Bar
Dinner: 1 cup tomato soup, 1 grilled cheese
Snack: 1 sea salt caramel, 1 cup dry Lucky Charms
Old 08-18-2012, 11:15 AM   #34  

It is going to be a beautiful day in Ohio today. Like Carri; we are having a sunny, low humidity day and it's warm..not hot!

In my hometown in the summer, they have a band come and play and they block off main street and everyone hangs out in this parking lot that is blocked off and it's called 3rd Friday at the Mual.

The band was GREAT last night and it was packed and everyone was up dancing. Familes come, old people come, single people come, college students come..and we all dance and sing and talk. There was about 700 people there last night and it was just a great night. I must have danced for 4 hrs straight!

Today is house cleanning and getting ready for a birthday party for one of my "special nieces". She's our friends grandaughter and she calls us Uncle John and Aunt Susie. She will be 10 and her party is a cookout..it will be a nice night to be outside again.

Carri: You called it..I did see a weight gain at TOPS on Thursday after the Wed night frito feast. It's almost gone today.

You are also so right about men! But I love mine and you love yours so we put up with it..but sometimes I tell mine about it!

Mel: I saw on FB you had some health tests. I hope you are feeling better and I'm praying for you.

Dee: I sent you my phone number. Did you get it? Where are you? We miss you!

August 17 food
B=1 butter twist doughnut
L=Garden salad with rance dressing
D=Linguini al fresco, garden salad with blue cheese dressing, 1 p. of garlic toast
Old 08-19-2012, 07:53 PM   #35  
One Day at a Time...

S/C/G: 242/Ticker/168

Height: 5'9"

Hey ladies! Hope everyone had a great weekend! The weather was nice and suppose to be nice tomorrow as well Got to see my best friends micro premie on Saturday (my Facebook profile pic) who is almost 7 months old. She is the cutest little girl!!
Went to the dr hoping for a med to help my stomach and after he heard all the symptoms I've had for past 6 years (since gallbladder removal) he said I needed blood work and an abdominal CT scan. I didn't have insurance for 6 years so I never asked him about it So I am praying everything comes back good next week and we can find a solution do I can live a normal life and get a job since the kids are back in school.
Sorry for not writing back to anyone I'm on my phone and just wanted to drop a line. Sorry if half of this doesn't make sense lol Talk to you all soon!
Rtsmme4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:20 AM   #36  
It is what it is...

Hi Girls !!!!!!!! We had a BEAUTIFUL weekend ...temps in the mid 70's both days and just nice and sunny ...so sad that it had to fly by and now I am back at work, lol ...

Susie - all that dancing was surely a great workout for you ...would help burn off the pasta and garlic bread ...yes, I love dh but sometimes it is hard ...although I know he says the same about me, so we are even, haha

Mel - I am anxious to hear what the tests results say so make sure you come on and tell me, or send me a message on fb

I weighed myself yesterday and was actually a pound up , the old me would have just said screw it then and eaten whatever I wanted, but I didn't ...I will just exercise and eat right this week and see what happens for next weekends weigh in ...not giving up...

Have a great day ladies !!!!!

8/19/12 food
breakfast - none
lunch - scrambled eggs and toast
snack - frozen yogurt
dinner - salad with balsamic vinergarette
snack - popcorn
Old 08-20-2012, 06:49 PM   #37  

Hi. I took it easy yesterday. Went to church and took a nap and then just looked through magazines. It was nice to relax.

I want to be very truthful and let you know that my DH's upcoming procedure has me on pins and needles and while I'm trying to stay on plan I will not be hard on myself this week if I slip up.

I do keep trying to tell myself that eating for comfort will not change anything so I just need to do what I can control and pray for good outcomes for the best. Some times my mind accepts that and sometimes it says WT*?!

Carri: I saw on FB that you went for a walk with your DH last night..and I thought..."well, won't you just look at our Carri!, out walking with her DH on a August night". I'm proud of you!

As for being up 1 pound; I'm sure you will get it back off. Any idea why it might of happened or are you just ready to move beyond it?

Mel: I saw your FB post about the tests. I'm praying for good outcomes...keep us posted.

Where in the world is Dee?
Old 08-21-2012, 12:50 AM   #38  
forever a lake effect kid

S/C/G: 262.6/181.3/162.6

Height: 5'4''

Hello, everyone! I am less than 12 pounds away from Onederland, and I keep fantasizing about it. Even though I know I won't look much different, it's all psychological, I guess!

Today I met my friend at Sweet Tomatoes. She suggested it because we are both on Weight Watchers, and they have a lot of healthy choices. That is true - but it's also a buffet, and there's so much BREAD! Rolls, muffins, garlic bread, corn bread, etc. It's really hard for me to resist that. However, in the end, I stuck to a huge salad full of veggies, some egg and italian dressing on the side and cup of brothy soup. Because of that, I was able to get some frozen yogurt for dessert!

This was a success for me because I remember, sometime back a few years ago when I first discovered this restaurant, I once ate so much that I threw up afterwards! Limiting myself to a 7 point dinner was definitely an accomplishment!
epicskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:54 AM   #39  
It is what it is...

Morning Ladies …I am not liking my body lately, haha …I am really struggling…even though I am OP and exercising I have not been able to lose a pound really in the last two weeks…in fact today, it showed my up 2 lbs thru no fault of my own….I hope this is not the dreaded plateau that I hear about on these boards…cause my mind can’t take it, just feel like I am suffering for nothing over here …I know you girls can relate…

I do think I have been having way too much of my calories for the day be carbs so maybe I need to switch that up some…lower my carbs…

Back to zumba tonight …back to my butt whooping….haha

They have Kind Bars at Kroger now ...I used to only be able to get them on QVC or at Starbucks ...if you haven't had one try them, they are SO good

Susie – aww that made me feel good, your comment on me and dh walking …I am trying to get used to regular exercising …so we will see …and don’t be hard on yourself this week on your slip up’s, yes we know comfort eating won’t take it away but sometimes it does help and I would be just as stressed out as you are…hugs to you both, can’t wait till its over and done, and he is all fine.

I am starting to get worried about Dee ….come back Dee !!!

Hi Mel !!

Epic – Hi and Welcome !!! I know what you mean, the 200’s is gonna be great to have behind you …I just felt so accomplished when I saw the 1 in front of my number …and I also hear you on the bread, it is my weakness …me love me carbs, lol ….great job on limititing yourself…we used to have one of those places around here too but then it went out of business…I always wanted to try it …sounds like a Panera Bread sort of place maybe?

Okay, girls – have a great day !!!!!!!!!!!

8/20/12 food:
Breakfast: high fiber English muffin ( the 100 cal kind ) with one T peanut butter and drizzle of fresh honey
Lunch: sushi
Snack: fiber bar
Dinner: BLT ( on low calorie bread with light mayo ) with serving of Doritos
Snack: one slice 50 cal bread with peanut butter spread

*** what this day shows me is a lot of bread carbs and not a whole lot of protein …got protein in the few slices of bacon on my blt and the little bit of shrimp in my sushi, but that’s it …looks like I need to revamp my daily food when I go back to store this weekend…need to push some more protein, especially on work out days. **** I am glad we are doing this food journal things, makes me really look at
Old 08-21-2012, 11:00 AM   #40  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Good Morning Girls Only got a minute to say 'hi'. Our 1 1/2 yr old is bouncing on the bed beside my laptop as I try to catch-up w my e-mails for the last 10 days while we've had the 4 little ones while mommy & daddy went on vacation. The baby is cutting more teethe & has needed grammy to hold him a lot They go home today & my life goes back to normal sort-of. We go up to Boyne/Petoskey camping next week for our last vaca of the summer. We couldn't get a camp or hotel reservation within 1 hour drive, to walk the Mack. Bridge over Labor Day

Susie I know your dh will do well w his procedure, I think I remember it is the 22nd/tomorrow? You're in our prayers & I did get your phone#, TY. If I don't make a 911 food-police call to u, I may just phone u some evening to chat, umm like when my dh goes fishing during our vaca & I'm back @ camp.

Carri & Susie, I haven't had time to read the past posts, but I know you'all r doing great being OP w some days off here & there.

Mel, I'll pray for your test results to b normal/something simple to cure w/o surgery. I love when u have time drop-in to post w us

Baby did a stinky in his diaper. I'll b back asap this week. Dee
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:23 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 247/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4

I'm joining in on this i have only a few lbs to go I'm at 204.4
Thedollylala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:11 PM   #42  

So nice to see so many posts!

Welcome to the new people posting.

Carri: It is so hard when you do everything right and those darn scales don't show it. You know they will eventually..at this point go by how you feel.
Did you make it to Zumba?

Dee: So good to hear from you and yes, call me anytime. My DH procedure was going to be Wed, Aug 22 but they moved it to Aug 24...so just a few more days.

Thanks to both you and Carri for your prayers for us.

I did go on a walk tonight with my workout partner. It was so nice outside tonight.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:44 AM   #43  
It is what it is...

Morning Ladies – zumba last night killed me …I have done something to back left side back muscle, did it at work, and I went ahead to zumba anyway thinking it would help work it out but I think it made it worse…it feels so so today, just nursing it and relaxing while still moving …need to work it out.
Class was fun though in spite of that…gonna go back either Thurs or Friday depending on how the back muscle feels….if still sore tomorrow I may just do a pool workout instead …more gentle on the old body, haha

Susie – I will definitely be thinking of you and dh on Friday…I’m sure it will all be fine…its just hard to go thru things like this I know…when my dh had to have back surgery I was a nervous wreck, and then he came home in more pain then he went in with for about a week…it was so hard on me…but I know harder on him…I feel for ya. Hugs.

Dee – glad to see you back, was starting to worry about you !!!

Hi Mel !!!! Hope you are feeling better

Dollylala – yes, join in !!!!! You are so close !!!!!

Have a great day girls !!!!!

Auf 21st Food:
Breakfast – English muffin with peanut butter and honey
Lunch – bologna sandwich and serving of cottage cheese
Snack – protein bar
Dinner – bologna sandwich and Doritos
Snack – one sea salt caramel
*** yes, I had a long day and a quick bologna sandwich for lunch and dinner just seemed easier, hahaha
Old 08-23-2012, 09:26 AM   #44  
It is what it is...

Good Morning Girls …sorry, it’s a whine day…I am just so frustrated with the scale and don’t know what I am doing wrong…ever since I have started zumba I am up two pounds and I am very unhappy with that…can’t seem to get it off, and the only thing I have changed is the zumba …I really it is new to my body to do that much cardio for that long but not sure why my body would hold on to either water or something….this is compounded by the fact that dh is dropping weight like crazy, and now weighs a pound less than me…I guess I should just keep doing what I am doing and put the scale away and not get on it for a long time…don’t know what else to do…just so over it !!!!

Okay, off my whine now ….

Hope you all are having a good morning so far …getting ready to go heat my breakfast up.

Talk to you all later.

Carri
Old 08-24-2012, 09:40 AM   #45  
It is what it is...

So it looks like I am by myself again ………………….where is everyone???

Last night I went against all advice and took a zumba class from one of the hardest instructors at the place I go…and man did I regret it …I was able to get thru most of the class but it was SO hard, took a lot out of me…I walked away at the end of it thinking “never again”, but now I think I need to do it just to challenge myself …all these little bodied women there don’t understand how hard it is for me to me dancing, jumping, and running around for an hour carrying all 198lbs of me …it’s a lot of work.

Well I guess that’s it ….since I have no one’s post to comment on, lol

Aug 24th Food Diary:
Breakfast – lean pocket breakfast ( bacon, egg, and cheese )
Lunch – Lean Cuisine Chicken Breast and lasagna, with one serving of cottage cheese
Snack – protein bar before class
Dinner – turkey and cheese sandwich, Doritos ( needed something quick after class, I was STARVING )
Snack – ¾ cup of Quaker Corn Bran Crunch cereal – love to snack on this stuff dry

Have a great weekend !!!!!