Old 07-01-2012, 01:46 PM   #1  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Default Worldly Chicks Jumping JOY-ously in July

I just realized it was July 1st!!
We can't start a NEW month without a NEW thread....
especially at the beginning of a NEW week!!
Don't you just love NEW things????

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
See you all manana.

PS: Don't tell anyone....but we probably have jumped joyously before!!!

THE OLD JUNE THREAD IS HERE:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/supp...chicks-16.html

Last edited by MELODY525; 07-01-2012 at 01:51 PM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 01:50 PM   #2  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Thanks for setting up the new thread Mel. Love the jumping girls - except I'm sure our "girls" would be jumping higher than those girls "girls" - and speaking for myself I can no longer run that fast or jump that high

Here's a picture from the webcam. Forgive the squiggly "writing" as I am left handed but I mouse right handed and like anyone, I'm not too good at drawing letters with my non dominant hand. And oddly enough, since I've been right mousing ever since they invented mice (yes I am old enough to remember computers before they invented keyboards, mice, cd players and floppy drives ) - I'm kind of startled to see that I can't mouse lefty

Anyway it's kind of hard to see the shadow of the raccoons butt as he runs from the bear under the porch but that's indeed what it is...

Last edited by happy2bme; 07-01-2012 at 01:51 PM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 01:53 PM   #3  
Choose your hard

reposting my last post - not that it was so important, but it does explain the bear picture.

Good morning all,

Heat's finally creeping up here though not as warm as many of you are dealing with. Still it is relative and hotter than normal is hotter no matter what the actual temp is. DH set up the webcam to see if there is a raccoon trying to get in under the deck. He was quite surprised to see pics of that darn bear at 10:48pm and again at 3am. I can't for the life of me figure out why that guy WON'T LEAVE . There is nothing to eat except poor L.B. I also don't want to wake up one morning to find my garden fencing ripped down and all my plants eaten. DH figured he was still around as he saw a big pile of scat when he was mowing that he said wasn't there last week. The fact that he's around at 10pm just after it gets dark is a bit unnerving. I often leave both entrance doors open off the deck to get a cross breeze. The door off the kitchen is right next to my garbage can - would't take much for a hungry bear to smell that and bust right through the screen door. The other night someone came around and tipped over the outside garbage can but the sound of it falling sent them packing so they never got anything from it. DH thinks it was the raccoon, hence the webcam. And the funny thing is, he got 2 pictures at 2 different times and we see some weeds by the porch stairs "moving" if you look at the 2 pictures quickly. Upon closer inspection it appears that the darn raccoon is indeed going under the porch just as the bear is passing by! So see, living the life of Disneyland with all this wildlife is not always birds and songs and happy things! It does make me nervous that the bear is out so early - I generally don't go out at dark on the deck except to step right outside the door and look at the night sky. Don't want to be running into a bear! And if we go out, we and generally home by night fall since it stays light close to 10pm up this way.

Yesterday I had such a taste for potato soup and I had lots of potatoes to use up so I made a pot full of cream of potato with bacon. Smelled and tasted so good. DH said it smelled like clam chowder as it was cooking and I realized I stumbled upon the perfect recipe for creamy clam chowder (all these years I have been making DH's favorite broth based soup). So now we can both have the kind we like. Except that clams this way are horridly expensive as in 60 cents each and it takes about 2 dozen to make a decent soup. I talked to Mom yesterday - she is bored - the excessive heat is keeping her inside and she's going stir crazy. I invited her up for a visit but she is supposed to get a heart shock procedure for her atrial fibulation and is hoping to get the go ahead for that in the next week or two. The 2 weeks after that can be touchy in case the shock dislodges a clot so travelling is out of the question for the time being.

Mel - I don't understand the fascination with British sitcoms with the seniors. When my Mom hears something British she is always complaining they sound like they are talking with their mouth full of chit But anything to keep them quiet. Do the men watch them too? Sorry the Greek yogurt did a number on you. I wonder why - is some yogurt more potent than others??? I would be delighted to come clean your place. I can promise we'd do more laughing than cleaning You bring the oxygen tank and I'll bring the bucket and rags We are going to focus on getting the garages tidied up this week so your room in the man cave is coming along - although with Mr. Bear roaming, maybe we need to build you a ramp up to the house.

Ceejay- hope you had fun with your BFF. Stay cool. I have been watching that dreadful heat down your way. 20 degrees warmer than we are having here. Is that putting a strain at the plant?

Laura - hope you enjoyed the concert and didn't melt. I think one of the fun things about that particular venue is it's all about the outdoor experience. Unlike most places where they control what comes in and charge outrageous prices for food and drinks - it's nice that you can bring your own picnic and enjoy the music. I'm thinking because it's been so dry it's kept the mosquitoes at bay too? I've wondered about those bright red tortilla strips too - not a worry anymore because we're far away from any restaurants that serve them

Ellen - have a good vacation - don't let DH run you ragged.

Annie - yep, saw the news about TomKat. Big surprise She always looked unhappy with him. Between him and Travolta, giving Scientology some bad press yet AGAIN. Heard they disagreed on parenting styles - she wanted Suri to go mainstream with other little kids in regular schools, he wanted her privately taught and away from the other people. She looked like the kind of kid who was never told no in her life. Give her a reality check before it's too late although that may never be. Glad you had fun at the concert - is the band breaking up? Hope you can take the rest of the week off like you planned.

Michelle - that's good news about your interview. Hopefully it carries through to the final result for you.

Shad - you make a compulsive arguement for eating as unprocessed and natural as possible. I completely notice a difference when I'm eating more on the processed foods and less on the packaged stuff. Same for fast foods which I almost totally ignore - except for Subway now. I'm very glad we don't have those temptations around.

Well time to get off the computer, go water the garden and then I need a dye job. It's going to be a hot one, good day to go to the local bar, sit on the deck by the lake and knock back a tasty beverage or two. Good burgers too
Old 07-01-2012, 01:56 PM   #4  
Choose your hard

Happy July everyone. Last month was not too bad in general - well except for Michelle changing jobs, Annie needing surgery, Shad having a bad time on the job and Mel getting sick. Ok, never mind. Doesn't matter what we call the stupid thread title - I guess life just happens no matter what
Old 07-01-2012, 02:08 PM   #5  
Happy September

HAPPY....LOVE THE NEW AVATAR!!! WE ARE JULY TWINS!!!
THE BEAR CAM FREAKED ME OUT!! OMG!!!
HE IS TOOOOOO CLOSE TO THE BACK DOOR!!! RUN MR. RACCOON, RUN!!!!
YOU'RE MAKING THE "ANIMALS" IN THE CITY HERE LOOK TAME AND THEY ONLY HAVE 2 LEGS!!
MAYBE WE SHOULD BE SENDING YOU A TAZER GUN FOR CHRISTMAS
ONE THAT HAS A REALLY LONG REACH OR A VERY LONG HANDLE!!!
I WILL BE KEEPING YOUR MOM IN MY THOUGHTS THIS MONTH.
PRAYING ALL GOES WELL AND SHE GETS THE GO AHEAD.
WE ALL LOVE THE BRITISH SITCOMS...EVEN JEN & RICHIE.
WE'VE WATCHED THEM FOR YEARS.
AND YES EVEN SOME MEN WATCH THEM HERE BUT THEY'RE NOT THE "MANLY" TYPE AND
THEY LOVE JOHN INMAN WHO PLAYS MR. HUMPHRIES IN ARE YOU BEING SERVED
WHILE YOU WATER THE GARDEN....I AM GOING TO MAKE TURKEY BURGERS & JASMINE RICE & HARD BOILED
EGGS FOR THE WEEK.
I DON'T WANT TO BE WITHOUT FOOD IF WE LOSE THE ELECTRIC!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 07-01-2012 at 02:09 PM.
Old 07-01-2012, 02:12 PM   #6  
Choose your hard

Ok Shad, she held out for 6 months but finally figured out a way to work in the C word. Did you get it?

And thanks Mel for reminding me that it was time to change my avatar and for the prayers for Mom's health - will take any and all help

Last edited by happy2bme; 07-01-2012 at 02:14 PM.
Old 07-01-2012, 03:34 PM   #7  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

I noticed. Can't stop. On the run. Go live day today. I've landed the plum job of baby sitting one of the planners. No night shift for me this time.

Back tonight with the tales of woe and other things.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 03:36 PM   #8  
Choose your hard

In case you need to sneek behind the storage room and bolster yourself with a drink Shad Good luck with the go-live.
Old 07-01-2012, 03:39 PM   #9  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

By the way - even worse than Mel's faux pas. I found this yesterday - darned thing is open all year round. Tacky.

Last edited by Shad; 07-01-2012 at 03:39 PM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 05:09 PM   #10  
Happy September

Default Christmas In July!!! Gotta Love It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK SHAD!! SORRY I MISSED YOU!!
WILL BE SENDING MANY GO LIVE THOUGHTS!!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 07-01-2012 at 05:11 PM.
Old 07-01-2012, 05:32 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Shad,
Now if you could send some of the cooler weather that goes along with Christmas you would make me extremely happy.

Whoa, Happy, The bear looks like he/she has grown. Yum on the potato soup. I bought the small red potato's for this week. Just might make a pot of soup.

----
Can't believe it's July already.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 07:36 PM   #12  

Hello Ladies,
I can't believe it's already July! I'm disappointed in myself as I havn't been working out nor lost any weight. I have a wedding to go to next week and dread shopping for a new outfit. I am getting on track though, as I have a vacation planned in August and I will be going to New Mexico.

Happy - Wow, the bear is a little to close to the house for me. Can you put up any bells or something that would trigger the bear getting near the house?

Shad - I hope your work day is going we

Mel - I need to cook extra food for the week. I'm afraid if i do then by the time that comes to eat it I won't be in the mood for it. Are you having problems with your Electricity?

Hello to everyone! I hope you all are having a great day!
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:50 AM   #13  
Happy September

GOOD MORNING CHICKS.
NOT QUITE AWAKE YET BUT I NEED TO GET GOING.
SIGNS FOR TJ'S HAVE TO GO UP AND I NEED TO MAKE A CALL FIRST.
MAKE SURE THAT THEY'RE STILL SCHEDULING SHOPPING FOR THURSDAY.

NOTHING NEW HERE. REST & A CALL FROM THE KIDS.
SUNDAY WAS GOOD & QUIET.
HAVE A GREAT WEEK.

CEEJAY......I CAN'T BELIEVE HALF OF 2012 IS OVER
IF SHAD SENDS COOLER WEATHER....SEND SOME EAST!!!

PATTY.....WHEN I COOK AHEAD....I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM SOMETIMES.
NOT HUNGRY FOR THE FOOD I MADE....THEN I GIVE IT TO THE KIDS
HOPE YOU FIND TIME THIS MONTH JUST FOR YOU
OUR BUILDING IS TOTAL ELECTRIC....BUT WE HAVE A GENERATOR THAT RUNS THE ELEVATORS & HALL LIGHTS IF WE LOSE POWER.
SOMETIMES THE CITY DRAWS TOO MUCH POWER AND WE LOSE IT. WE HVE IN THE PAST.
BUT IT IS USUALLLY A SHORT LIVED BLACKOUT. A FEW HOURS. NOT LIKE NYC.

HAPPY.....HOPE YOU NOTICED THAT SHAD POSTED A CHRISTMAS GRAPHIC TOO!!!
GIVE THAT BEAR AN EVICTION NOTICE!! I WAS WONDERING.......
IS THERE A GAME WARDEN OFFICE IN YOUR AREA TO REPORT SUCH THINGS??

SHAD....HOPE THE GO LIVE WAS A SUCCESS

Last edited by MELODY525; 07-02-2012 at 06:55 AM.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:08 AM   #14  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies -

Happy July to all!! Sorry I didn't post over the weekend. Saturday was non-stop busy. Website work and watering the gardens in the morning, meeting with a website client in the afternoon, and climbing Mount Washmore in the evening. Then yesterday was more website work and yard work, and by afternoon my back was so sore I was nauseous from the pain. I tried to lay down and relax, and DMIL would ask me to help her with this or that. DH is still sick from his sinus/bronchial infection, so most of our fun weekend plans got cancelled.

I haven't been at my new job long enough to get paid for the July 4th holiday. I can either take it without pay or make up my hours, so I'm working 7:30-5:30 on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. I probably won't get home until 6:30, so I'll be one tired chick...but at least I'll get a full check on the 13th.

I wish we were getting the rain that y'all are getting to the south. It's so dry here. The lawns and grassy areas are as brown as California in August. In fact, some communities are banning the use of personal fireworks, and have thought about canceling their public fireworks displays as well.

========================

Shad - I hope "Go Live" is going well. I know all too well how crazy those can be. It doesn't matter what's being implemented, or how many times you triple-checked that all the "i"s are dotted and "t"s are crossed. It's still stressful dealing with users who have forgotten all their training, or worse...system issues. Fingers crossed that your Go Live goes smoothly. So do you like DS2's GF? I hope you were able to get out for a nice walk during the weekend. I think I need to do something like that, especially now that I'm commuting in traffic. I get SO grouchy by the time I get home.

Ceejay - Hope you had a great weekend with your friend. Dang, 106 degrees and southern humidity. Try and stay cool, sista. So cute about the momma and daddy ducks and their babies.

Mel - Good for you for giving the seniors flags to put up! I love British sitcoms too, like Are You Being Served (John Inman is fabulous!), and Fawlty Towers. I've never been a big Benny Hill fan, but I do enjoy Monty Python. Also, I love, love, love the Graham Norton show, but that comes on fairly late at night. Smart thinking to make food for the week in case you lose power.

Annie - Yep, I heard that Katie filed for divorce. I totally agree with you about Scientology. It's not even science-based. As my DH says, "It's a religion created by a really mediocre SciFi author." I apologize if that insults any Scientology fans. DH thinks that Katie was paid to stay married to Tom for a certain number of years. I wouldn't be surprised. I'm glad you had a great time at the band's outdoor and indoor concerts!! DMIL is doing really good. She's loving "her" yard and gardens, and tends to them daily. She's so happy and relaxed, and she gets her activity working in the yard...though we insist she leave the big/heavy stuff to us. And she and I both thoroughly enjoy your boxes of magazines and books! If you're sick of sending them, I understand...but we definitely are NOT tired of receiving them. I hope this ridiculous heat wave eases up soon.

Ellen - I hope you have a great week with your DH being off! Wow! Your storms flattened the cornfields?! I keep looking at our farmers' fields around here. So very dry. DH and I were watching the drag races on TV yesterday from Joliet Illinois, and the storm front looked pretty fierce.

Laura - Bummer that the Relay was disrupted by rain, but at least they had workarounds. Those luminarias are so moving...as are the walks itself. Before I hurt my back, I did a 5K Breast cancer walk with my sister the year after she completed chemo. I'm so grateful that she's been cancer-free for 16 years! I thank God that I didn't lose her as I've lost so many other loved ones to cancer. I'll bet Sarah McLachlan was awesome. I've always wanted to see her. I love the local fests too, and the county and state fairs.

Happy - I understand your concerns about the bear in your yard, but I gotta admit, it was cool to see him in the photo. As for your garbage being near an open or screen door...I might suggest taking your garbage out every night or putting it in the garage on the nights you keep the door open. I know from my camping experience, that bears are attracted to any scents (even toothpaste, deodorant, shampoo) and will stop at nothing to have them. Black bears typically will not eat LB or you. They are herbivores. And they won't attack you unless you get too close to a cub, corner them, or stand between you and food. What does your cousin suggest you do about the bear in your yard? Is there an "animal control" office that might be able to humanely trap the bear and move him to another area? My DMIL is getting bored with all this heat too. Luckily, our backyard is FULL of trees and there's always plenty of shade. But she likes to have the sliding door to the patio open at night so she can listen to the night sounds, and she hasn't been able to as we've had the A/C on for over a week. I hope your mom's procedure gets scheduled soon and goes well, so that she can come up and visit. Sending lots of prayers for her. As for last month being bad...it wasn't bad for me at all. I'm not at a good job where I'm appreciated and compensated well. I feel bad that Annie and Mel had a rough month. But I'm doing just fine.

Patty - good for you for getting on track. With this week's 10+ hour days, I'm going to ease into healthier eating and exercising, so that I can kick it into high gear next week. Your idea of bear bells is a good one, and it should startle a black bear enough. One suggestion for hikers in bear territory is to wear bells on their shoes to startle off any black bears. But when you're in grizzly territory (e.g., Yellowstone National park), there's a joke...what is the difference between Black Bear poop and Grizzly Bear poop? Grizzly Bear poop has bells in it! In other words, black bears will startle at the noise, grizzly bears will come find the source of it.

Well, time for me to get some work done.

Much love and hugs to all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:39 AM   #15  

Morning all. Happy Monday.

Shad - Hope go live day went well for you and the rest of the bunch and that you don't report many tales of woe.

Mel - Thanks for starting the new thread. I sure hope your power doesn't go out!! The thought of anyone being without it horrifies me right now with the heat and humidity we're getting here right now. Love the avatar!!

Patty - I haven't been working out lately and my arms are getting really jiggly. Very depressing - not to mention unsightly. Nice you have a vacation to look forward to - and to motivate you!!

Ceejay - My bf told me he's done with summer already - too hot to want to do anything that involves movement. I think resigning oneself to a constant state of being slick with sweat and multiple showers per day is the key.

Happy - That bear is way too close to the house!!! Skunks and raccoons are already scary enough for me. My BIL told me that he recently had the garage door open while doing some yard work and a raccoon got in there and did a lot of damage to items in the garage and to my sister's car while in there overnight. The windows of the car (RAV 4, BTW) were open a little bit, not enough for the raccoon to get inside it, but it still completely destroyed the rubber seals around the windows trying to get in. Thank goodness he couldn't get inside the car - he'd have torn it to heck! Potato soup - yummmm. Well, we certainly felt like we were melting at the concert the other night.... It was hot and humid and there wasn't a breeze to be felt, except when people moved past. Outside the pavilion was just as bad as inside it. It would have been nice to have ceiling fans in there the pavilion... I should buy one of those little battery-operated personal fans that hang around one's neck. And do they still sell the aerosol cans of water that mist you??

Hellos to Michelle, Annie & Ellen.
--
So as I mentioned to Happy, it was a hot night Saturday for an outdoor concert, but luckily there were no skeeter problems. Sarah McLachlan was very good - such a great voice, and she makes it seem so natural and effortless. The shuttle bus that took us back to where we parked felt like a meat locker after being out in the sweltering heat all night. I was happy to get home and take a shower.

I lazed around as usual on Sunday morning, then bf and I caught a quick lunch and then finally saw the movie "The Avengers". We both enjoyed it - so over the top with the action and the effects, but very entertaining. I think Robert Downey Jr's Iron Man is still my favorite character/hero, followed by Thor, but I liked Mark Ruffalo as the Hulk too.

Watched some more of season 2 of The Good Wife last night. Bf and I are both hooked on it now.

No formal exercise over the weekend, just dog walks. Must get back to it to fight the flab.

Okay, back to work. The boss is working from home, so it'll be quiet. The admin hasn't shown up yet, so it's even quieter still.

Nothing planned for tonight, but I didn't do any laundry over the weekend, so I'll probably do a load tonight and do a BE workout, whatever I can do sans left arm.

TTFN!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote