Height: 5'2

Got in a 50 min walk today.
IsabellaOlivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:29 PM   #77  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Nice seeing you Isabella!! How are you?

The rest of the ladies... where are you?

I started biking and I am getting totally addicted. My last journey was 25 miles. My legs were a bit sore afterwards and it felt great!

Miss you all!!

Last edited by Sum38; 09-04-2012 at 04:29 PM.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:32 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 155.2/ 133.1 /110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
Nice seeing you Isabella!! How are you?

The rest of the ladies... where are you?

I started biking and I am getting totally addicted. My last journey was 25 miles. My legs were a bit sore afterwards and it felt great!

Miss you all!!
Hope biking is fun

I made some bad decisions and regained some of the weight. I haven't updated my ticker and my goals but they don't reflect my current situation. At my highest I had lost 28 pounds and now my weightloss is down to 12 pounds. I regained 16 pounds. Yickes. I originally started my weightloss process in January 11' and have been massively fumbling lately. I weigh more now than I did a year ago.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:02 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 204/204/145

Height: 5' 7"

Wink Long and Winding Road

Hi everyone, I'm new to the boards and am looking forward to reading the posts and advice as I begin my journey.

Here is my road analogy!

This weight loss journey is a long and winding road - fulls of twists and turns, speed bumps, long stretches of boring asphalt and scenery, unfamiliar road signs, confusing directions, dead-ends, oncoming traffic, dim lights, but at the end is a destination. Sometimes it's hard to see the end as we go on mile by mile (or kilometre by kilometre in my case). Sometimes, we have to go back and look at the map again and again to ensure we are going in the right direction - if not, we turn around and start again on the right path. Though frustrated at the time lost, we reflect and learn something as we go forward knowing we can better navigate a similar roadblock.

I may have to go back and read my own words but just wanted to toss my 2cents in. I've been down this road numerous time and am optimistic about this journey with your support and direction.
cowtownbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 03:43 AM   #80  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

As some of you know, I have been very ill with a serious skin infection that started last Saturday.
A week later, I am much better than what I was over the last week.
I have been on a liquid diet this whole week, due to the location of the infection.
I have been bedridden since Wednesday, which is NO FUN AT ALL!

I am completely bored at home, b/c I hate tv, but my furbabies have been angels--allowing me to rest. K9s are very intuitive like that--River knows something is wrong and she just comes and lies down next to me and places her heavy head on my leg--so calm. So NOT like her! She's usually running around, playing, and trying to get me to play.

I have to be cleared by employee health before I can return to work, which hopefully will be next Tuesday.

I sail in 22 days--I sure hope this thing has completely healed by then!!
I have been anticipating this cruise for 6 months!!

Scale is still the same, but I'm not stressing over that. I am doing good to blink, much less any formal exercise atm!

Hope you all are having a great week--enjoying the much cooler temps.

Miss you all dearly!
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:21 AM   #81  
Fat to Fab and Fit

That sounds really awful Krystal! I am really sorry to hear about your struggle!!

Isabella, I hear you... I "gained" 13 pounds this summer. UGH!

bee!

-----

As I said earlier, I have gained a lot of weight. My scale hit 157 before TOM. That was some reality check there! -- I changed my eating habits, no more stuffing my face or wine (). I added biking, which seems to just melt fat off. Last Sunday I was 156.5 - a day before TOM - and today I am 149.5. I cleaned my system out by eating well, and it is paying off. NO MORE 150'S FOR ME, EVER!

TOM was a week late; wonder if I am heading towards menopause? I have always been regular... I will be 45 in a few short months. I have mixed feelings about "the change".

I have also been diligent about my upper body toning, and I think I am ready to ditch my 8 pound weights and move on to 10 pounders (sarcastically speaking; I know I am a light weight and a wimp).

That just about sums it all up. I am off to my 5 mile hike with my furbaby!

to all!
Old 09-09-2012, 11:18 AM   #82  
~Krystal~

Day 6 of misery for me.
I am better each day, but i still will not go in public--high traffic areas. The park with my precious furbabs is as far as I am willing to go. And, even then, it is 30 min max.

The abcess has stopped draining, but swelling remains on the left side of my lower jaw/chin area. It is tight and itchy.

I have a dear infectious disease MD friend who told me I needed to be on abx3x/day instead of 2, but my internal MD prescribed them 2x/day--not 3!

I feel as though my muscles are in atrophy. It's been over a week since I've exercised. I know this is NOT possible, but it seems like it. Do you all realize how many facial muscles you use during exercise?? ALL of them!! Even doing small tasks, like bending over to pick something up from the floor or emptying the dishwasher uses facial muscles. Thankfully, I can now do both of these 2 chores without pain in my face.

Hope you all are having a great Sunday

Check back in later!
Old 09-09-2012, 09:09 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 155.2/ 133.1 /110

K9Owner: That sounds horrendous.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:04 AM   #84  
Fat to Fab and Fit

I hope, today you are feeling better Krystal!

Where is Jo?
Old 09-10-2012, 08:01 AM   #85  
~Krystal~

Kristiina: Even when we haven't spoken in a while, we still seem to be in sync!
Do you know I had started biking before this whole infection saga came about?
7,9, & 10 milers! It made my legs feel like jello, but I loved the feeling!

What can I say??? I hope you are enjoying it as much as I was.
I'll be back at it. Hopefully, not this week, but next!
Old 09-10-2012, 08:07 AM   #86  
Fat to Fab and Fit

I know Krystal...it is like we are twins what comes to our ups and downs.

Biking rocks. I am up to 25-27 miles at 13 mph (on gravel and wooded paths). My legs were soooo sore last week but somehow it is attacking my belly fat, so it is all way worth it. -- I have some big stressors going on right now in my life and I think 27 mile ride is going to clear my head.

BTW: I bought fitbit and love it. Only bummer is that it does not calculate biking. -- BUT what it is great about it, it syncs with MFP, totally cool!!
Old 09-11-2012, 04:56 AM   #87  
~Krystal~

My scale read 149 today. I guess I should be overjoyed. I haven't seen the 140s since July. At this point, I cannot get too excited about it. My nutrition lately is just horrible. Food doesn't have the same taste & my appetite is marginal, at best.
Actually, I have waves of having an appetite....sometimes, I am completely ravenous & other times, I am forcing myself to eat to take my meds, so that I can have a poor appetite later.
It's a vicious cycle, I suppose.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:38 AM   #88  
Fat to Fab and Fit

149 here as well.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:55 AM   #89  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

You both are hilarious with your matching sagas for the weight loss. Some kind of bond!
Krystal - Glad things are getting a wee bit better. Can't wait to hear you say you are totally back. I can't imagine being stuck with as active as you usually are.

Kristiina - Way to go on the biking miles and weights!!! I don't care if you are a light weight..that is progression!!! Great job!!!

Isabella - You are getting back on track now and that's what counts You are heading back in the right direction to your comfort
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:09 AM   #90  
~Krystal~

Kristiina: Well now, fancy that! We are the same weight. The water weight is being reduced around my muscles. I'll be good and sore next week when I re-join all the fun that surely awaits me. Does spoon to mouth count as formal exercise?

Isabella: I'm happy to see your return. Looks as though the summer was cruel to more than a couple of us, eh? No worries, dear. Just climb back on board. They say it's easier to lose 10 than 50, but I wouldn't know that. Some people have lost 50+ in a year's time, and I am still on the same dang 10!! Go figure!

Star: So lovely to see your Insanity avi! You're gonna be by Christmas!! I see a new party dress in your wardrobe soon, sporting your hawt, luscious curves