View Poll Results: Which Of The Following Is Your Favorite Fruit?
Bananas 1 10.00%
Grapes 1 10.00%
Apples 0 0%
Strawberries 4 40.00%
Oranges 0 0%
Cantaloupe 1 10.00%
Pears 0 0%
Peaches 0 0%
Kiwifruit 0 0%
Watermelon 3 30.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2003, 03:28 AM   #16  

hello everybody!
what a week had!
fri. nite our furnace went out and land lord was in ohio.
wouldnt be home till sunday.
well sunday came and went monday he shows up and the reason he didnt come by was cuz he was in a car wreck!
boy i felt bad well he replaced the ignition its electric start and gas.
well then tues i did laundry and all the sudden i notice the carpet was wet so when brian got home he took a flashlite to look under the tub to see if washer was leaking nothing.
so behind the wall by the furnace a pipe had busted and when washer spins it gushes!
so that gets fixed this weekend.
luckily the wash got done 1st.
then last nite the power surged and blew the furnace again!!
i was so disgusted.
its fixed now but im fraid to get up in the morning.
lol!

debbie,
so glad to hear james is recovering well.
hang in there hon were here for you!

sherry,wohooo awesome loss congrats!!!!
your doing terrific keep it up!
i liked the getting older thingy lol!

dee-lisa,sorry to hear about your mom,you and yours are in my prayers!

jennelle,
awesome weigh in for you to congrats!

gdeann,wow 6 pounds!
you gals are smokin!!!!!!!
someone please send the swoosh fairy to me!!!!!
doni
Old 03-27-2003, 10:00 AM   #17  
Losing it!

Doni: I hope your bad streak runs it's course!!!!! Usually things happen to us in three's...so your luck might be about ready to change! YES, I will pack up the little "whoosh fairy" and send her your way! Will you please return her soon???

Jeanne: YOU ARE DOING SUPER!!!! It really helps posting our daily food choices! I really like reading what everyone else is eating.
Rocks!!!! I never, ever want to move another rock when this project is over!!! Getting ready to order 3-4 ton of pea gravel, at least we can use a shovel on that!

I just read, and I do not know if it is true....Saddam is executing men that will not join his forces to fight. The families are also being killed, over 100 children! SICK, SICK! I feel horrible for the families that are there. I hate to see what will happen when the US troops get there...
Old 03-27-2003, 11:47 AM   #18  

Gayle with all that rock moving you don't need exercise. You are getting an arobic work out and you are building muscle. Hate to pick a fight with you....you would whoop me!

Doni you sure have had your streak of bad luck. I give it permission to stop now. Thank you for remembering mom is your prayers.

Debbie how is James doing? Hope that he isn't over doing it.

It is a nice sunny day here. It is just above freezing but the sun feels so warm. Got to go and rinse my hair before it falls out. I am coloring it, the buzzer just went off.

Hope everyone drinks lots of water and is on program.
Old 03-27-2003, 11:49 AM   #19  

Oh ya Sherry love your grown up list.
Old 03-27-2003, 11:59 AM   #20  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Morning girls!!

I took today off to take James back to the doctor. The weather is beautiful here, near 70 today. Perfect weather for walking!!

Gayle...Can't wait to see the pictures of your pond. Moving those rocks are great excerise.

Doni...Hope your luck changes soon. Thanks for asking about James. He is beginning to get on my nerves, so guess he is getting well...LOL.

Jeanne...I agree with Gayle...You are doing GREAT!! I also enjoy reading everyone's daily menus.

Jennelle....I am not a breakfast eater either but it helps me so much to stay OP. I do beleive breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It is easier to stay OP when I eat a good breakfast.

Sherry....I'm looking forward to seeing you this afternoon. You are doing so good on plan. Is this the 11th day OP for you? WOW!!! How many days until vacation?? I may count them up today.

Dee...How is your Mom? I think of you everyday and hope things are better for you. Is the weather there getting any warmer?

Shelley...Is the relay this weekend? I love the name"Stayin Alive".

Carol....How are you doing? When you don't post it makes my mind run wild about M&M's and stuff...LOL.

Even if some of you don't post on the walking thread, I hope you go over there and read about our amazing girls!! Dee and Shelley...YOU GIRLS ROCK!!! and what an inspiration to us all!! We need to find you a "Floozie of the year award"!!

Hope everyone is having a great day. Going for a walk, just writing about Dee and Shelley has inspired me...LOL

Deb
Old 03-27-2003, 06:44 PM   #21  

Debbie-I have to say that your post made me smile. I needed it today, since it has been the day from ****!! After work, which is another story in itself (just the usual near end of year turmoil with staff evaluations) , it was pouring outside. Lo and behold, I go to my car (the one that is actually my husband's, but the only one we have right now), try to back it out, and it has a flat AGAIN!! I run in the office, of course dripping wet, to call DH, and he is home with no way to come and do anything. I had to call my father to come and rescue us all. After getting everything done, he brings us home, only for me to call my husband (his mother picked him up and took him to the car) and he says that he needs to show me how to pump up the tire because it might happen again tomorrow!! Needless to say, I hung up in his face. I am so aggravated that we don't have the money to even buy a used tire. He keeps patching this one, and apparantly isn't doing it right. Of course, tomorrow is the relay and I have to load up the car with all kinds of stuff.
So, thank you Debbie for the compliment!!! I knew if I came to this board I would feel better, and I was right!!!

You ladies seem to be the only ones that I can come to and blow off steam without being judged. I love all of you!!
Old 03-27-2003, 09:26 PM   #22  

"Laugh" for today, unless it happens to you!

For those who already have children past this
age, this is hilarious.
For those who have children this age, this is
not funny.
For those who have children nearing this age,
this is a warning.
For those who have not yet had children, this is
birth control...............
The following came from an anonymous mother in
Austin, Texas.

THINGS I'VE LEARNED FROM MY CHILDREN...(HONESTLY
AND NOT KIDDING):

1. A king size waterbed holds enough water to
fill a 2000 sq. foot house 4 inches deep.

2. If you spray hair spray on dust bunnies and
run over them with rollerblades, they can ignite.

3. A 3 year olds voice is louder than 200
adults in a crowded restaurant.

4. If you hook a dog leash over a ceiling fan,
the motor is not strong enough to rotate a
42 pound boy wearing Batman underwear and
a superman cape. It is strong enough, however, if tied to a paint
can, to spread paint on all four walls of a 20 by 20 foot room.

5. You should not throw baseballs up when the
ceiling fan is on. When using the ceiling fan as a bat,
you have to throw the ball up a few times before
you get a hit. A ceiling fan can hit a baseball a long way.

6. The glass in windows (even double pane)
doesn't stop a baseball hit by a ceiling fan.

7. When you hear the toilet flush and the words
"Uh-oh," it's already too late.

8. Brake fluid mixed with Clorox makes smoke,
and lots of it.

9. A six year old can start a fire with a flint
rock even though a 36-year old man says they
can only do it in the movies. A magnifying
glass can start a fire even on an overcast day.

10. Certain LEGOs will pass through the
digestive tract of a four year old.

11. Play Dough and Microwave should never be
used in the same sentence.

12. Super glue is forever.

13. No matter how much Jell-O you put in a
swimming pool you still can't walk on water.

14. Pool filters do not like Jell-O.

15. VCR's do not eject PB&J sandwiches even
though TV commercials show they do.

16. Garbage bags do not make good parachutes.

17. Marbles in gas tanks make lots of noise
when driving.

18. You probably do not want to know what that
odor is.

19. Always look in the oven before you turn it
on. Plastic toys do not like ovens.

20. The fire department in Austin, TX has a 5
minute response time.

21. The spin cycle on the washing machine does
not make earth worms dizzy.

22. It will however make cats dizzy.

23. Cats throw up twice their body weight when
dizzy.

The mind of a six year old is wonderful.

First Grade.....true story. One day the first
grade teacher was reading
the story of the Three Little Pigs to her class.
She came to the part of the story where the first
pig was trying to
accumulate the building materials for his home.
She read, "...And so the pig went up to the man
with the wheelbarrow
full of straw and said, "Pardon me sir, but may I
have some of that straw to build my house?' The
teacher paused then
asked the class, "And what do you think that man
said?"
One little boy raised his hand and said, "I
think he said 'Holy S*#!! A talking pig!'"
The teacher was unable to teach for the next 10
minutes.
Old 03-27-2003, 09:51 PM   #23  
Carol

Here I sit feeling alone and dejected. I am so low right now. I thought today would be the day I could start over.. NOT!!!

First someone brought donuts to work. And from there on everything that could go wrong did!!!

Then I come home and hubby is going out for a tour of a dairy farm. (he didn't ask me to go, nor could I because of my ankle surgery. Not up to that much walking yet)

Right now I think my life just plain sucks!!!!!!!!!!

I know, I am sitting here feeling sorry for myself when only I can make things better for me. But I can't figure out how to pull myself out of these blues I have been in...

I am thinking of taking a vacation... all alone.... just to think!!! Try to get my head on straight!!!

I have also considered getting myself a dog for company, since hubby is always so busy. The life on a dairy farm doesn't leave much spare time. When he does come in the house in the evening, he eats, sits down to watch the tv and is asleep in 5-15 minutes.

I guess I am lonesome too and think maybe a dog can help out there.

I am sorry, I probably shouldn't be dumping all this on you gals. You all seemed so upbeat today I almost cried... Thinking why can't that be me.

Sorry for rambling on, but after hubby left I sat and ate until I was even more miserable... then I wandered around the house for awhile but couldn't get my mind on anything, so here I am.

I will go... sorry to be such a downer... Here's hoping tomorrow will be better.

Carol

Last edited by Carol101; 03-27-2003 at 09:54 PM.
Old 03-27-2003, 11:04 PM   #24  

Good Evening

Today after work, We had a retirement party for one of our staff members.Debbie came to it because she used to work at my School (2 yrs.ago) and worked with this lady for years.I want to report that Debbie or I didn't eat any cake!!!!!!! It was so tempting but I thought no way!! I talked to everyone while they ate and had my WATER!!!!

Debbie,
You looked good today!! You looked happy and I'm so proud of you for not eating that cake!! You didn't even try to snatch a liitle bitty piece!! YEAH!!!!!! I'm proud of you!! Also...good job on that walk today!!!!!

Carol,
Oh Dear Carol! First of all, You did the RIGHT thing by coming here to post!!! Don't ever forget that we're here for you through good & bad things! I wish I was there to give you a BIG HUG!!! I know that you can't walk that much right now since you had surgery and your ankle isn't well but, can you sit in the floor and try to do a few exercises? I think a dog will be great for you to have!! Then when your ankle gets well you can walk him/her!!! Don't give up!! You were doing so well on Atkins before.Ask yourself if this is truly what you want...then go for it!!!!!! I honestly think that it has to "click" in your mind before you can give it your all!! About your hubby: Why don't you have a talk with him and ask him if he will try to spend 1 hour a night with you? It could be just to talk, a small walk, play cards or just sit and be together. I am so sorry you are depressed but please don't give up!!! I love you Carol! We're ALL here for you!!!!! {{{{ hugs }}}} Please post agin tomorrow and let me know how you are!!!!

Shelley,
Ok...Your turn for a pep-talk!! First of all, Please remember that God isn't going to give you more then you can handle.I'm so sorry that you had a bad day.I understand about the car.Sometimes I feel like I'm working for nothing!! By the time we get paid, it's all gone!! I finally had to have my nails taken off because we couldn't afford the fill-ins every two weeks.We can use that $20.00 for something more important. To some that $20.00 isn't much money but to us every dime is!!! I hope that tomorrow is a better day for you!! I'll say a little prayer that the tire doesn't go flat and you'll be able to get everything to your relay and have a great time!! We love you Shelley!! Hang in there girl!! BTW: I have a leaking faucet here that I've been waiting for hubby to get new washers to for about 2 months!! Do you know how to do it? If someone can tell me, I'll do it myself!!!

Jennelle,
I loved the "children" thing!! I laughed so hard!! Thanks for sharing it!!!

Gayle,
I can't wait to see pics of the pond when you're finished!! I know it's a lot of work right now but it won't be long before you can sit back sipping that water admiring your hard work!!

Doni,
I sure hope that your luck changes soon!!!!! You sound like me: If you didn't have bad luck, you wouldn't have luck at all!! LOL! Did Gayle send the woosh fairy to you????

Dee,
How is your Mom today? How did your hair turn out? What color is it? Mine is frosted but I go to a salon to get it done.I wish I had the nerve to do it myself but I'm scared how it will turn out!!!

Jeanne,
You are doing GREAT!!!!!!! Keep going and keep giving that motivation!!!!!!! How much water do you drink a day? I'm up to about 8-16oz. a day!!! Also...What is your goal weight? How much do you have to lose?

Anyone know where Vicki is?? Guess I'll have to drive to KY and find her!!!!!!!!!

Lisa......Where are you?????

Dee (Titan Card Fan).....Just because you have retired and have became a free woman....don't leave us!!!!! I miss ya!!!

Ramona......Hey girl!! How are you??? I'm getting worried because you haven't posted in a couple of days. How's the boys?

I hate to keep bragging because a few of you are depressed but I thought maybe if I do, maybe it will motivate you. So here goes......Today is day 11 for me being OP!!!!!! I hope Ill be able to keep going!!!!

Time for a shower.........
HUGS,
Sherry
Old 03-27-2003, 11:54 PM   #25  
Losing it!

Titan Dee: THANK YOU for sharing the thoughts on kids...basically that sounds like my house 90% of the time!!!

Shelley: {{{{HUGS}}}} We struggle pay check to check too as others just seem to have money floating around!!! Have you checked Walmart for a price on a tire? I know here they are pretty reasonable. We have also purchased stuff from a salvage yard, maybe if you can find one close by, you could find a decent used tire?

Carol: I'm sorry that you are so down. Remember that you are the most important person to "you" on this earth. Try to take care of yourself first, then everything else will follow....
Do you have any hobbies? Do you like to search the web? Even a pet as you suggested would be great! I bet hubby is tired after a long day on the ranch, maybe you could try talking to him and schedule a few hours once a week in the evening just for the two of you? REMEMBER we are here for you!!!

Sher: We struggle ALL of the time with bills!!!! In fact, I figured it up tonight and we are paying $900.00 per year for life insurance, but we really need it. That's why I joke about my "FRUGAL POND" I have searched everywhere for all of the info, so I can put this thing together by myself and on a budget. When I'm done, I will have the pond and a lighted walkway to the house for the same amount of money it would of cost to run a straight sidewalk! BTW: Just grap some pliers and unscrew the end off of the faucet, reach inside the end, pull old washer out and replace with new one. Sometimes I'm a better handyman then hubby!!!

Dee: How's mom today? Did she get released from the hospital yet?

Sounds like its time for a {{{{{GROUP HUG!!!}}}}}
Old 03-28-2003, 09:38 AM   #26  

Shelley and Carol: {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}
Please come here anytime you need to blow off steam. Lord knows I've done it enough! LOL
I hope you both have a better day today!

Sherry and Gayle, maybe we should form a new group for people who live pay check to pay check......no, there probably isn't enough room in cyberspace for ALL of us! LOL

Sherry, you and Debbie are doing such an awsome job staying OP. I'm so very proud of you both. I've had a totally off program week, but I'm not going to let it affect me. I'm just going to jump right back in tomorrow and head back down the straight and narrow!

Titan Dee,
that was a great post.....a real pick-me-up!

BTW, the boys are still both fine. No new is good news!

Love,
Ramona
Old 03-28-2003, 11:43 AM   #27  
Losing it!

Shelley: A thought just popped in my head! They make this GREAT stuff in a yellow and black can that can be found at a Walmart or any automotive dept. It is called Fix a flat. You shoot it into the tire just like your airing it up. Then drive very slowly around the block to coat the interior of the tire. It is a rubberized material that will seal any small leaks. I remember the day when I couldn't afford a new tire, but I could handle buying a can of $3.00 fix a flat!!! Okay...it might of even taken two cans!!! Honestly, it is a GREAT product, saved me a few times over the years!

Ramona: Happy to hear that both sons are still here in the States!! I think of them everyday, I hope this mess is over soon!
Old 03-28-2003, 08:22 PM   #28  

Hey Ladies I here, I will save you a driving trip to Ky ...

Hubby had to have oral surgery and you know how these men are big babies.
Then I fell and cracked a bone in my hand and banged my knee up.
Wish I could say us to ole farts were doing the wild thing and injured ourselves but that would mean i would fall out of my chair laughing so hard. B/c that would never happen.

Had a childcare conference all day today and it was boring.......

Well that about does it for now gr/fnd's....

Have a good nite and wk/end.

Love ya....
Old 03-28-2003, 09:23 PM   #29  

TGIF!!!!!!!!!!

Wow....what a day this has been!! It started out with me forgetting that I was out of hair spray! And of course it was windy today. By the time I got to work I looked like I had been "rollin' in the hay" before I left home! Then at work, I dropped a whole classroom of cum records on the floor!!! That took about 2 hours to straighten out! THEN...after work, I stopped at the store and when I got in to leave, my car was DEAD!!!! I couldn't figure out why Wayne or Drew wouldn't anwer the phone! Come to find out...Wayne was SOAKING in the tub and Drew was outside playing basketball! Well after a purchase of a new battery, I FINALLY made it home!!

The only good thing was...... ANOTHER OP day for me!!!! Today was day 12 for me!!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful OP weekend!!! I'll post more tomorrow. I was going to take a long bubble bath tonight but the way my day has gone, I'm afraid I'll drown!

Love & Hugs,
Sherry
Old 03-28-2003, 11:37 PM   #30  
THINKING THIN!!!!

I agree with Sherry...TGIF!!!!

This will be short and sweet because I'm ready for bed soon. Sorry for everyone's bad luck. Hope tomorrow is a better day for all of you.
No big plans for this weekend just some much needed R&R. I did get the grass mowed this afternoon with my supervisor {James} watching...LOL. It almost looked like he was enjoying it.
Today was my 5th day staying 100% OP. Weekends are hard for me but I am determined to stay OP this weekend.
Hope everyone has a great weekend full of family and friends!!
Good night all!!

Debbie
Closed Thread