3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

CANADIAN Sizzling SUMMER Thread ... ;)

Old 08-21-2012, 03:18 PM   #31
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

WOWIE, the temps really plummeted here this past weekend -- down to the 50's & 60's F (teens C) during the day; and way down into the 30's & 40's F during the night. Was getting concerned for my veggies for a while there; but the temps are slowly climbing back up today. The is just now peeking out and it is expected to get up to about 80 F or 25 C by the weekend or sooner. It was a nice reprieve though.

My DAD said that if those lows kept up, he was expecting some of the "white stuff" by September -- I said, "Hey, don't swear like that" ... So, it was nice to see the new forecast for the rest of the week looking a bit more seasonable for us. I have been blessed with lots of cherry tomatoes this year, and I have some more beans just making their way to a good eating size right now. Sure don't want to lose them.

Hope you are all having a good summer out there in Canuckland ...
ONE-STEP-AT-A-TIME PHIL 4:13 " I CAN "
YA GOTTA HAVE FAITH KEEP ON, KEEPIN' ON
= 10 lbs ...
115 lbs + 16 Single Sizes Gone Forever! -- 100 lb tumor = ONEDERLAND!
Progress Pics: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/look...ml#post4361876

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy : 08-22-2012 at 09:03 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 08:49 PM   #32
Rosebud

Hello, my fellow Canucks ... Well, I didn't realize that it had been so long since I posted in here. We have had much nicer temps the last half of August. Now September is here and it is cooler, but still nice in the low 70's F or about 20 C.

I may get a few more beans out of my barrels, and lots of cherry tomatoes have been ripening this week. I think it is the cooler temps causing that, but I have more than 12+ new clusters that have started up too. So I am thinking that I will bring it indoors soon so I can have all of them too. I think if I put it in front of a sunny window, I may get some tomatoes for some time; it's worth a try anyways.

My eating went really well in August and I lost another 7 lbs in my August weigh-in which brings me to 111 lbs lost now. I am so grateful to have found a way to smash through those stalls that I had a few years back. I have put a link to my progress pics in my signature, and they are giving me so much encouragement too.

I hope you all have a wonderful long-weekend, and a super September too ...
= 10 lbs ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy : 09-01-2012 at 08:51 PM.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:45 PM   #33
tamIam

S/C/G: size16/size14/size10

Height: 5'7"

Rosebud you look fantastic!
Love the progress pics!!

I'm back at it for the school year so here I sit at my desk - salad and muffin for lunch. Blech. I didn't have time to get groceries after the long weekend so cafeteria food for me. Cannot WAIT to get groceries after school. My neighbour and I went for a walk with ourdogs at 6a.m. so that's a good start to the day. Must find more activities for the fall as soccer is winding down. HOpe all is well all of you!
Tam
Old 09-05-2012, 08:37 PM   #34
Rosebud

Ah, gee -- thanks!

I was very surprised myself when I saw the last ones. I knew that I looked different when I looked in the mirror at my face, but the pictures really show it much more!

When I was young, I played soccer a lot too. I played a lot of sports actually (baseball, road hockey; floor hockey, ice hockey, basketball, touch football, badmintaon, volleyball, racketball, cross-country skiing, etc). Oh man, why did I stop? I know -- injuries.

Maybe some floor hockey or roller-blading, or salsa dancing, or something like that for the winter???
= 10 lbs ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy : 09-05-2012 at 08:39 PM.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:41 PM   #35
Rosebud

Well, our sizzling summer is coming to a sizzling end very soon -- We've had cold, damp weather with the fall today even though technically it's still summer. It looks more like fall here with the leaves turning yellow, gold, and red wine. Lots still green too though.

I picked the last of my green beans this week and stewed them with some tomatoes, onions, and shredded cabbage. Very yum and low calories. My TUMBLING TOM hanging cherry tomatoes are still producing, but I moved it close to the house tonight becuz the temps have dropped so low. I still have at least 20+ clusters on it yet that I hope to harvest if the weather improves. They say it will get warmer on the weekend with some showing up.

My eating has been going super swell this month; am so very pleased about that. Hope you are all enjoying your September weather. It's much more enjoyable out there now that it's cooler. Have a wonderful weekend everyone ...
= 10 lbs ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy : 09-14-2012 at 10:43 PM.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:51 PM   #36
Rosebud

Well, according to the weatherman, today is technically the last day of summer, but it really felt and looked more like fall up here where we live. We've had some cooler weather and lots of which is common here -- we really do get those "spring & latter rains" each year.

My eating went really well this summer; and I was able to stick to my plan really well this year. I lost another 7 lbs over the summer, which I am happy about. Now, I am hoping to continue on through the fall and winter as well.

We kept busy working in our garden and yard; plus around our new home. There's always some little thing to do, but we love living here. I've been able to go out walking more now that it isn't so hot too. I love the spring and fall for that, but esp the fall. It is so pretty here with the mix of fall colors.

I hope you all had a good summer too; despite the temps. I think I will start a fall/winter thread tomorrow. That will last longer for us too. We usually get more people popping by in the wintertime simply becuz they are stuck indoors more in the winter in this country. This week, I picked up some books, puzzles, and games at our local second-hand shop. That should help a bit, I think.

So, see you all there ...
= 10 lbs ...
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.