Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2003, 06:29 PM   #61  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

I can't understand it Kiwie but ds has given me instructions. You go color=#000000 where the first two 00s equal red (he says) second two, green and third two, blue. I can't see that he's right. Anyway you put in a value of 00 to FF. The higher the value, the lighter the color.
Old 04-07-2003, 02:59 AM   #62  
Member w/ messiest house

Ah, yes. Is your ds taking HTML in school? DD is. Not that she will talk to me about anything that she is actually doing, that would be too too mundane apparently. But it is difficult for me to complain too much, since she comes home with straight A's every quarter. Just got her report card on Friday, she actually brought up 2 of her As to A+'s. She says there are 3 kids who have 4.0 averages in her class, she and 2 others. So she has earned 3/4 of a new electric guitar. DH wants so much to go ahead and buy it for her now. I have to squash him every time he says this -- it was his idea in the first place! "Why, yes, dear daughter, I know I said after you get 4 straight A quarters you could have a new guitar, but I can't wait that long"

Nightie night. I will never get to sleep tonight, it's too early....

Kiwi
Old 04-07-2003, 07:52 AM   #63  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Taking HTML in school? What are you talking about? What class is that? He's taking art, algebra, English and Life Skills. There is no HTML class at any school I know about.
Old 04-07-2003, 09:52 AM   #64  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

COMPUTER CLASS??????-----CAD is what dd16 calls it {what that means i do not know} Computer Assisited something??? that is where they would teach HTML----we used to use it at cybermom didn't we <h> blah blah blah </h> blah blah blah??????...............................-----this winter weather is depressing me---i think my fat gut is depressing me as well---it think I was happier when i weighed ten pounds less than this but i can't remember...............
Old 04-07-2003, 10:23 AM   #65  
fatter than U

Talking Pick me! I know!

CAD = computer aided design

HTML = how to make lunch (or something)

I know nothing about making that #00000 colour. Cherry knows stuff like that. She can make a thousand shades of purple, right Cherry? How's the points? My points for today are at about 55, I'd say, and it's only 4:20 p.m!

Last edited by SugP; 04-07-2003 at 10:25 AM.
Old 04-07-2003, 10:59 AM   #66  
Most boring housewife.

My dd is having her big play this week. I have NO time...but naturally, there is a teensy bit to waste here.
It is snowing. Who sent this south? Those Canadians?? I am mad at them again. I feel they have taken this stance on Iraq just so they would look smart and we would look stupid. If they were real friends, they would have looked stupid with us.
I use HTML on my new cleaning forum. I feel so talented. I have to go exert some energy on this place.
See Ya,
LeeAnna Honey Dawn
Old 04-07-2003, 12:18 PM   #67  

I'm back and my headache's gone. Going to mormon websites is dangerous. You could all end up w/ young men in suits, riding bikes on your doorstep. Then before you know it - bam!- you're a Stepford wife.

Bunco was a success. Not that there has ever been an unsuccessful bunco night with our group - buncha women, fattening food, lots of fruity drinks, all wearing our fat pants so we can eat all we want - can't go wrong with that.

It's not snowing here, but it's nasty cold, driving rain. Not springlike at all.

Lushy, what's DD's play?

You're right, Peach. Good movies are few and far between. I want to rent Far From Heaven. My sis said it was excellent. Anyone see it?
Old 04-07-2003, 04:02 PM   #68  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

yESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!WHat is your dd's play---stagemamma here wants to know-----i get the feeeling you 'mericans are not gung ho about the war-------if i lost one of my family to this war,i would be quite mad at the commander in chief!!-----as i was telling missy honey dawn---i wish life were a Broadway musical!!!!!!-----name me a fat heroine i can emulate.
Old 04-07-2003, 05:17 PM   #69  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

I am home and have nothing to say. I think the realtor is out of rehab again. Maybe she can do something one day soon.
Old 04-07-2003, 05:21 PM   #70  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Wish I had this snappy comeback...

Back when I was single:
- Save Your Breath...you'll need it to blow up your date!

Yes, Peachster, we have computer classes up here in Snowville. We have to prepare our kids for what they'll be doing during the annual 6 months of winter--otherwise they might spend it all in front of the TV... DD's entire class was informed last year by the dopey middle school guidance counselor that they had to take the general computer class or they would never get into college. We had our doubts because the class consisted of keyboarding for god's sake and other basic things they had already had for 9 years by then, so we investigated and found that no, indeed, they didn't have to take that class. DD was interested in a more advanced computer topics class, so we got her in that. One of her friends followed suit, and the 2 of them are in a tiny class (about 7 kids, I think) with upperclassmen, doing Power Point projects and HTML projects. They love it. Meanwhile every other freshman is taking stupid basic computer stuff they already know. The school also offers a CAD class, but it is separate. People who go into Drafting need CAD skills, among others.

I'm glad you're over your headache, Wabby, Bunco sounds like fun as usual. I will go find your Mormon name if you're askeered. (Of course it isn't an actual Mormon site--they don't have that good a sense of humor) You can choose from: Jacoy Ellxis or Aeronny Annellie. Personally I prefer the ones you get by not capitalizing your name, they're more off the wall.

Gotta go contemplate dinner. Things are taking a further depressing turn here in IdleVille: DH has been offered a job, not for the mill, but doing the same thing, but the pay is significantly lower and there are other unrepeatable drawbacks (hey, if he takes the job, I can't be saying negative stuff, you know). He has to tell them by Friday, so he will be busting his butt all week exploring the alternatives. One is a business run by a guy he has known since high school -- he does machine lazering of designs on wood. His company makes big plaques, clocks, chair seats, wooden lids for souvenir candles, big cribbage boards in the shape of Maine. Mainly he puts the designs on the wood and other people make the finished product. But anyway he is looking for an investor/partner and DH is looking at that. Plus his group of fellow employees is having a meeting with the new mill owners tomorrow. Many irons in the fire, I'm just trying to stay out of the way.

So what did I say I was going to do? Oh yeah, dinner. Tell us about dd's play, Lush!

Kaltighanna the Kiwi-flavored Starbuck
Old 04-07-2003, 05:38 PM   #71  
The magic shrinking cow

Hello- DS14's school had a bomb threat today. Everything shut down at 1ish and they sent them home at the normal time (without coats or backpacks because those were still in the school.) I'm glad he's okay, but I'm annoyed that this could happen and the parents don't even know about it for hours.

I took my doggies to a new vet, one who was actually nice to me! Yay! My pointer has a heart murmur, which is scary, but he says it's "grade one," so it shouldn't affect her. She's almost ten years old. They have to go back next month for heartworm tests and shots.

We did our taxes. My God, make an extra dime and the IRS takes 20 cents.

I don't think WW likes milk. Four glasses (recommended by pyramid) takes up a third of my points. And that's skim! My healthy breakfast of cereal, skim milk, and fruit costs 10 points! A single peanut butter sandwich costs nine points. Tonight, we're having breakfast burritos- I haven't even done the points on that yet. Probably at least 11. I can barely afford today's menu, even if I exercise-- and I'm already hungry! I guess this means always being hungry.

Cherisy
Old 04-07-2003, 05:41 PM   #72  
The magic shrinking cow

Kiwi- good luck to your DH! I hope he finds a good alternative.
Old 04-07-2003, 06:33 PM   #73  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

that is why i HATE WW Cherry-----everything is too expensive,---i find it depressing to have most of my points gone before supper-----that diet has never worked for me----there is a guy here they call the "Diet ****" and people are dropping pounds galore---my hairdresser lost 93 pounds,one of my good friends has lost 23 pounds since January-----want me to find out what they are up to????
Old 04-07-2003, 07:28 PM   #74  
Member w/ messiest house

Thanks, Cherry, at least something's happening now. I was getting pretty depressed at the possibility of DH not doing anything until September and then going back to school.

How many points do you get in a day? I've never done WW and I don't think I could stick with it very long. I've been reading excerpts from Suzanne Somers new book Eat, Cheat, and Melt the Fat Away. It's sort of an Atkins/Sugar Busters spinoff where you cut out sugar, white flour items, potatoes, but can eat anything else. Advantage is no counting or weighing, but I think the emphasis on "food combinations" is pretty silly. Anyway I like sugar.

heh heh.

Kiwi
Old 04-07-2003, 10:41 PM   #75  

How have you all been? I have been neglecting my little group and I'm so sorry. My niece's coming out took such planning and there was that trouble with the new yacht.

Anyway, I saw the cutest thing yesterday! An old movie, before my time, starring Elizabeth Taylor was playing on TV. It was called "The Last Time I Saw Paris." I had to watch. Elizabeth marries and has a daughter in this movie. In one scene after the child's birth, she stands in front of the full length mirrow and says, "I'll never be a size 12 again." Now, Elizabeth, as some of you older girls know was long called the most beautiful woman in the world.

Isn't that a riot! A size 12 used to be what we call a size 6 today. That's what my adorable niece is wearing. Too large for me of course.

I'll try to do better and keep in touch. Letty sends her best. She's still recuperating from what she calls her minor elective surgery.
Closed Thread