Self esteem making me feel depro

• I have so far lost about 15 pounds, and am battling to see this. I keep looking at myself just focusing on the fat rolls and thick thighs rubbing on each other. And this is making feel even more depressed.
    Any tips on improving self esteem and stopping the incessant focus on negatives?
  • All you can do is focus on the fact that you HAVE lost the 15--that's amazing! That's 15 less pounds you're carrying around--I bet it is evident to others even if you can't see it yourself. And, you've proved that it IS POSSIBLE--your hard work is starting to pay off! Even if this is just the beginning, think about how exciting that fact in and of itself is--this is JUST the beginning! You've started a journey, and you've made a commitment to yourself--that is an act of self-esteem right there. Just focus on doing the next right thing, whatever that may be, and you should be able to feel good about yourself knowing that at the end of every day you did your best.
    You're probably just so used to focusing on the negatives and only seeing things you perceive as being negative that it's a hard pattern to break. Maybe in a way it feels safer and more familiar for you to focus on the negatives. But if you keep losing weight, like it or not, things are going to change for you, and most likely in a good way--definitely in a good way health-wise. It just may take some time and effort for your attitudes and behaviors to catch up!
    Keep up the good work!
  • Thanks.
    I'm gonna just tell myself to keep quiet about the negatives, take it one day at a time.
    I agree on the familiarity of focusing on negatives is a comfort zone, time to remove myself from this comfort zone.
  • Keep going hunny!! I've only just started, but since 04/23 i've lost 4.5lbs... I can't really see it but I have some nice comment from my family, saying my face is a little thinner, and I don't look so tired (the shadows under my eyes have almost disappeared!!).

Tonight, I'll be taking my first set of progress photos, then doing that every 4 weeks. A lot of people say its a great way of actually tracking your progress. So if you can't really see when you look in the mirror, if you compare it to an older photo I reckon 15lbs would be noticeable.

Keep your head up and don't give in to that little monkey on your back. He'll be gone soon.

xx
  • *Hugs*
    I'm going through this at the moment too, just keep reminding yourself about what you have lost and focus on the positive, easier said than done I know, but you're doing so well and you should feel proud of that