Old 04-20-2012, 05:38 PM   #31  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! It's a sunny, breezy, cool day in my neighborhood today. I ended up working into the afternoon because the printing machine wouldn't cooperate when I tried to run 250+ tri-fold inserts, bulletins, baptismal inserts, and a few extra large print bulletin copies. Lucky for me, the pastor came and was able to get it up and running. His first comment was, "this machine and I don't get along very well!" I was just about ready to switch over to the copier which I can run easily, but is more expensive in the long run. I'm ready for the weekend!

Susan -- I know you will enjoy your teaching weekend. I wish we lived close enough so you could teach me how to quilt. It's nice that Glory will stay with Casper so he will have company while you are gone.

Maggie -- How far will Paul have to drive for work? I thought his wife would move to town after the baby was born. The district meeting was for UMW and I don't think they voted on anything. It looked like a learning session and there was a display of materials that they could choose for study sessions. I'm not even sure how often they meet as a district because UMW always met during the day and I was in school. I belonged to a circle before I went back to work, but it disbanded because all of the "young" mothers with preschoolers went back to work as soon as the kids were in school. I'm glad you were able to get the scanner to work!

Guess I will change clothes and wait for Bob to get home. He is out on the farm helping his friend who is planting, and/or moving machinery from one farm to another. Enjoy your evening!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:51 PM   #32  
Thin Within

Talking BACK TO YACKk

HOWDY MAGNOLIAS IN THE AFTERNOON

I have the ribs in the indoor pressure smoker now with the timer set for 40 minutes to be ready at dinner time.

JEAN Paul will have about a hundred mile drive one way when he moves. His wife works for Dillard's and didn't want to move here because she wanted to go back to work for them and there isn't a Dillard's store here. They are moving to a town closer where there is a Dillard's she can transfer to. So instead of a two hour drive to get here once a week Paul will have an hour and half drive twice each day (here to work then home again) because he won't be staying in our basement once they get moved. In other words he will be on the road much more when they do get moved. I have the feeling, though, he will ask to sleep here sometimes because as it is he doesn't get in till the wee hours of the morning from work and he would get home and have to come right back to work quickly. We shall see. Yep that scanner works great so Will is going to get me one of my own. He will order it Monday when the gal is back to work that he likes to deal with on his orders. I have to decide what color I want ~ his is black and he said it comes in other colors but won't know what they are till he asks the gal come Monday. OK now I understand what that ladies cmeeting was for. Makes sense to me now.

Time to go check the ribs.

Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 01:10 PM   #33  
Thin Within

Talking Closed for Business

GOOD DAY MAGNOLIAS

A new thread has been started for our convenience. Please note that this one has been closed.

Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote