April Antics and Adventures in the Land of the Worldlie Chicks

You're on Page 7 of 16
Go to

• MORNING ALL.

GT A CALL LAST NIGHT FROM THE DR AND HE ASKED TO SEE ME TODAY.
    HE'S SQUWWZING ME IN. DOESN'T WANT MORE THAN A MONTH TO GO BY.
    GOTTA SHOWER AND DRESS. NEVER KNOW THE TIME HE'S COMING.
    HE DOESN'T GO BY THE CLOCK. STAYS WITH A PATIENT FOR HOWEVER LONG THEY NEED HIM. SIG. IT'S A GOOD THING BUT HARD ON THE NEXT PATIENT!! LOL

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY

LAURA.....GOOD LUCK WITH THE NEW SOFTWARE CLASSES AND THE REPORT. SENDING A GOOD THOUGHT YOUR WAY.

CEEJAY......HOPE LAST NIGHT WAS A BETTER SLEEP FOR YOU.
    I WENT TO THE LINK AND YOU MUST BE VERY PROUD OF HIM.
    I ALSO WENT TO HIS WEBSITE THAT THEY SHOWED THERE...
    HIS ART WORK IS BEAUTIFUL. ANOTHER NICE THING TO BE PROUD OF!

PATTY.......I WAS THINKING YOU MIGHT HAVDE LOST YOUR INTERNET.
    THOSE TORNADOES WERE AWFUL. HUGE TRACTOR TRAILERS LOADED WITH GOODS WERE FLYING AROUND.
    MUST HAVE BEEN A TERRIBLE TIME AND VERY SCARY.
    THEY WERE JUST TOUCHING DOWN ALL OVER THE PLACE.
    I WAS GLUED TO THE TV ON & OFF. STAY SAFE MY SOUTHERN FRIEND

MICHELLE.....GOOD LUCK WITH THE REVIEW.
    WE WILL BE ROOTING FOR YOU!!

SHAD....IF YOU ARE GOING SOMEWHERE FOR THE HOLIDAY....LIKE AN OUTING....THEN PICK WHATEVER WEEKEND IS GOOD FOR YOU.
    HOPE THE COLD IS LEAVING YOU AND YOU FEEL BETTER
  • Good morning ladies -

I definitely need some caffeine this morning. Up at 3:45, at work by 5 am. I'll be working 'till 3, and then we have a "strongly encouraged" department "go green" volunteer event from 3 'till 6:30 where we are all pitching in to help with landscaping duties. I just hope there's something I can do without compromising my back.

I'm nervous about my review...but I'm trying to stay positive. Despite my director getting input from some of the teams I've worked with this year, he has said that since my former manager who is no longer with the company gave everyone on the team high praise, the director doesn't believe my former manager's comments are credible. Therefore, my review will be predominantly based on two people's opinions...both of whom have only known me for a few months. Sigh. Please send good vibes my way.

DH had a rough day yesterday...he was very congested. Hopefully, he'll do better today.

Laura - I hope your training goes well today.

Ceejay - My DMIL will probably be arriving on May 5. Her ticket hasn't been purchased, but that's the date we're looking at; and she'll be staying with us until end of August or first week in September. Your nephew is SO talented! I think I like his art even more than Kincaid's.

Annie - Wow! I'll bet all the wood looks beautiful after all your excellent care! I am really busy at work...and I usually get home too tired to get much done other than the absolute minimum. I am making sure I get at least 7 hours sleep a night...8 is better for me, but not always possible. I don't want to wish for relaxation or rest...certainly not before my review at least...because they say "Be careful what you wish for", right? Dang, Curtis put away some serious food!

Patty - I'm so glad you weren't hit by the tornados...that was really scary to watch..and I'm sure much scarier to live through. Good for you for having a massage! You and I both need to remember to smell those roses.

Shad - So glad to hear you're feeling better. You're wise to work from home all week. I think I'll schedule the housecleaner for the last weekend in April...or if I'm able to work from home on Friday 5/4, then maybe that day.

Mel - I'm actually glad the doc is coming to see you. I hope the visit brings only good news!

Time to tackle some of the items on my to do list.

Much love to all,
  • Afternoon all. The training day is done. Long day, but helpful, even to us users (or at least me) who've already been in the system doing stuff for months.

Shad - I'm glad you're feeling better. I think I hate the coughing part of the cold most of all because it seems to linger the longest. Yes, too many meetings ruin a day, that's for sure! It's so hard to get back in the groove after being in a series of meetings all day.

Patty - A massage sounds heavenly - I'm overdue! Glad you enjoyed yours. The gym I'm considering is 24 hours, so that's one thing I'm not worried about.

Annie - The furniture must look lovely all oiled up - makes it look rich and new and hides scratches. Reminds me of something that happened years ago that caused me to have glass tops made for my wooden Shaker-style bedroom set. The at-home dry cleaning kits had just come out and I used one to launder some dress slacks. I folded a pair of the cleaned slacks and put them on top of the dresser. A couple days later I removed them and discovered the dresser top was stained! Perhaps the slacks were still damp from the "dry cleaning" and the chemical caused the stain. Lesson learned. By then I also think there was a scratch or two from doggy jumping up to see what was on top of the dresser (curious puppy stage), so I decided on the glass tops. Yeh, I sure could use another Meliday!! Taco Bell - makes me want some tacos!! We just had some soft tacos at the local taqueria last Friday, but I sure could go for some homemade crispy shell tacos!

Ceejay - It's difficult to be in a classroom setting when we're accustomed to our workday being more active! I don't think I'd be in the mood to exercise after a 10-hour day - or do you work twelves?

Michelle - I hope your review went well today. Not fair of the new supv to pass judgment on the old one's evaluations. Furthermore, you're likely being reviewed on an entire year - feedback based on a few months from those who've had limited contact with you isn't fair either. Good thoughts/questions re the gym. I think the circuit class I took throught the fitness passport was my favorite, but still, it got to be sort of dull because the stations don't change. Some of the other classes, like Tighter Assets, get changed up each time by the instructor and are always different. However, sometimes they feel more advanced than I want. Guess I need to deal with not trying to "keep up" beyond my ability level, yet not going too far in the other direction. Up to a certain point, it's not really a matter of the cost, but if I'm paying a good amount for classes I really want to like them - including the instructors. It must all come down to being spoiled by my original Jazzercise instructor way back when I lived in the city. She was fantastic. I'll have to ask if the start-up or annual fee are partially refundable if I stop my membership within a few months. Methinks no. Really good idea to get the cleaning help back in to help you out.

Mel - How did the doc appt go? Good I hope. I'm so glad you're feeling better these days!! I like your new avatar.

Happy - Yay for getting off the bp meds!!! Retirement must be agreeing with you, especially in the stress department. I'm trying to pinpoint what's changed to be causing my regular upper back/neck aches, and it seems to consistently be there upon morning wake-up, so it's got to be bed and/or pillow. I upped the level on my Sleep Number bed a couple nights ago and the extra firmness helped. The upper back feels better, but still starts to get sore later in the day. Neck still sore. I like my new pillow, but I have to put back some of the buckwheat hulls I took out - might have removed too much. There's a bit of a crunching sound, but it doesn't bother me (or BF), so I'm happy. I do think lack of adequate strength training could also be an issue... My friend just joined a nice Lifetime Fitness out by her, and it sounds great, but fancy and hence, expensive. But she and her sister are going and both have seen fitness improvements, so I'm glad for her. She likes doing the recumbent bike (also has arm movement too) because she has a view of the front desk area and can see all the folks coming and going, including the buff guys, lol. I have to get her to bring me in as a guest next time I visit out by her.

It'll be nice for you to explore your area on the bike and walking paths. I took doggy on a new route on yesterday's walk around the neighborhood and enjoyed the change of scenery. I thought we might end up walking further than I wanted due to streets dead ending at the creek that runs through our area, but thanks to my iPhone's map app, I found a foot bridge I hadn't been aware of.

Hi Mary!!
    ---
    Well, I'm glad this day is done. Spoke too soon - I have Pilates class tonight. I'm not quite in the mood for it, but 99% of the time, I feel better having exercised.

I received my foam roller yesterday. I gave my hams and glutes a quick roll last night, but nothing more. It came with a dvd, so I'll have to check that out. It also came with a catalog (the company is Perform Better) and I love looking at catalogs. I'm particularly curious about this one because when I took a quick look at a few pages, it seemed to have a lot of interesting fitness equipment - not the usual stuff you see at a gym or in the sporting goods store.

My Market Spice order shipped yesterday and I think it'll arrive tomorrow. Looking forward to trying out some new tea.Timing is good too because I'm just about out of my tea bags at work.

Okay, time to get this posted and shut down the computer. Toodles.
  • Good Morning and no time to do personals....MI Prez is on her way here for a two day torture. My work is cut out for me. Have a marvelous day all, I will try to get back tonite or tomorrow.

Love, Hugs and Prayers.
  • Hi ladies -

Another busy day ahead...so no time for personals.

I'd rather not discuss my review...it didn't go well. I've got a lot of work to do to "improve" over the next couple months. And, rather than get defensive...I'm going to go above and beyond just doing the improvements outlined...and also keep my resume updated and keep my eye out for opportunities outside of my current company.

Today will be a better day...as wiill tomorrow...and then it's the weekend!

Much love and many hugs,

• GOOD MORNING CHICKS

HAVE I SAID THAT TUESDAY IS A LOCAL ELECTION?
    I SIT HERE MAKING A DECISION AND IT HAS TO BE DONE TODAY.
    ACTUALLY I GUESS I HAVE ALREADY MADE IT.
    I HAVE DECIDED NOT TO VOLUNTEER THAT DAY.
    SHOULD I GET SICK AGAIN THE DR SAID THE NODES COULD CAUSE A SECONDARY INFECTION.
    UNTIL WE KNOW IF THEY'RE STILL IN THERE HE CAN'T MAKE AN ASSESSMENT.
    HE SAID IF THEY ARE THERE AND GOT BIGGER, HE WANTS A BIOPSY.
    IF THEY ARE THE SAME SIZE, HE'LL WAIT ANOTHER 3 MONTHS FOR ANOTHER LOOK SEE.
    OF COURSE I AM HOPING THEY HAVE JUST DISAPPEARED.
    IN THE MEANTIME I AM AWAITING AN APPT FOR ANOTHER CSCAN.
    I BETTER MAKE THE PHONE CALL TODAY AND TELL THE POWERS THAT BE I WON'T BE THERE TUESDAY. DONE!
    DR SAID EVERYTHING SOUNDS GOOD. I LOOK GREAT.
    SHAKES HIS HEAD & STILL CALLING IT A MIRACLE RECOVERY.
    BP IS A LITTLE HIGH BUT NOT TO WORRY JUST YET.
    LOTS OF SINUS MEDS AND NOT REALLY" CLEAN EATING".
    I HAD MY JOURNAL OUT AND WE WERE DISCUSSING SOME OF IT.
    MC DONALDS HAS TO GO
    HE FEELS AT THIS AGE AND STAGE OF MY LIFE THAT THE BODY JUST ISN'T GOING TO HANDLE OUTSIDE STRESS VERY WEKLL WITHOUT SOME KIND OF MEDICATION AND HE IS RELUCTANT TO START ANY. SO........
    LIFE MUST CHANGE EVEN A BIT MORE.
    I REALLY KNOW MY LIFE IS FINISHED WITH THE VOLUNTEERING BUT I JUST HAVEN'T ACCEPTED IT YET. HE UNDERSTANDS BUT GAVE ME THE "SENIOR CITIZEN" TALK (AS I CALL IT) BUT STRESSING TO LOOK AT THE DYSTROPHY CONDITION AND NOT THE AGE NUMBER.
    65 FOR A NORMAL PERSON IS YOUNG YET. BIG SIGH.
    I TOLD HIM OLD HABITS DIE HARD.

TOMORROW JEN & I ARE MAKING A QUICK TRIP TO THE STORE.
    CHEAPER THAN THE LITTLE STORE & WITH THE WEATHER BEING WARMER, I HAVE NO EXCUSE NOT TO GO!! LOL
    GUESS I BETTER GET THE DAY MOVING ALONG.

MICHELLE....I WAS ROOTING FOR YOU AND STILL AM!
    HOPE EVERYTHING WORKS OUT TO YOUR ADVANTAGE.
    ALSO HOPE THE DH HAS A BETTER DAY TODAY

LAURA....FOAM ROLLERS AND NEW TEAS. GOTTA LOVE THIS WEEK!!
    I WANT TO LIKE TEA AND WISH I DID. BUT THEY ALL TASTE BITTER TO ME.
    EVEN THE HERBAL TEAS. I BETTER STICK WITH MY SELTZER. LOL
    IT'SA THE ONLY THING I REALLY LIKE TO DRINK.
    MY MOUTH FEELS THE BUBBLES AND THE BRAIN THINKS WE'RE HAVING PEPSI!!
    HOPE THE PILATES WAS GOOD.
  • ANNIE & MICHELLE....SNEAKER INNERS.

MICHELLE...I AM SO VERY SORRY TO HEAR THE NEWS.
    RISING ABOVE IT IS THE BEST CHOICE YOU COULD HAVE MADE.
    STAY STRONG AND HANG TOUGH KIDDO
    YOU'VE BEEN UNDER A LOT OF PRESSURE WITH DH & YOUR OWN ILLNESSES.
    WITH THE WAY YOU WORK YOU WILLGET PAST ALL THIS!!!!

ANNIE.....GOOD LUCK WITH THE PREZ. FOR A MINUTE I THOUGHT OBAMA WAS VISITING!
    WAS TELLING JEN ABOUT JAKE'S EASTER. Awwwwww
  • It seems all the chicks are busy this week. Woke up to a cool 39 degree's. The house was cold so I've turned on the heat. I've put on a sweat shirt too.
    And by the way, I'm calling this black berry winter as they were in bloom last week at my uncle's.

Michelle
    Sorry the review didn't go well. But I'm like Mel rising above it is the best policy.

Laura
    I do work 12 hours days instead of 10 hours. How did your Pilates class go?

Mel
    I don't blame you for not volunteering for the next election. Do as the doctor says.

Happy, Mary and Patty hello
  • Good morning ladies,

Sorry I didn't get here yesterday. I went out to look at the morning sun - still scoping out a garden spot - and once I get out of my routine, I tend to forget what I was doing Going to be a nice day today - we might go for an ATV ride, supposed to snow again by the weekend though.

Michelle - It sure does sound like you are getting railroaded my friend It's so sad because there is probably little you can do but move on. I commend you for taking the high road - I know how difficult it can be - sometimes I wonder if they do stuff like this to you to bait you so that then they can dump you for having a bad attitude. Best to stay neutral and positive while you get your resume beefed up. Will be pulling for something better to come your way.

Ceejay - I hear you on not being a fan of after work workouts - I think most people are better starting the day with their exercise, even if they are partially sleepy through the first 30 minutes or so If the blackberry bushes are in bloom I will have to check our wild berry bushes although I have to believe the deer will get to them first. But thanks for the heads up.

Mel - I would rather give up McD's than a pork roast Seriously - it's rare for us to have it but even I notice a few hours afterwards that whatever stuff is in there - my body does not like it. And I don't feel that way from eating burgers so I know it's specific to them. You need to find some substitutes in your life - one for treat food, another for something to do to replace being the "real" office manager. I tend to agree with the doctor - being subjected to the stress of having lots dumped on you as well as being exposed to whatever is floating around that day just isn't in your best interest. You don't have to hide in your apartment, just find a new path to follow. Maybe you can teach reading to the illiterate, teach Spanish to the seniors? Too bad you have no money because you seemed to be good at the arts and crafts classes and they enjoyed them too. I liked today's chicks - look just like the ones in the store down the road.

Annie - good luck with the presidential visit. Good thing you have the weekend to recover. Your meatloaf yesterday sounded sooooo good. Taters too. Geez woman - you don't need a gym with all that arm power that went into oiling up the furniture - I know what a job that is but it's soooo satisfying because afterwards things look so pretty!

Laura - I had to smile when I read you are trying to recreate that favorite exercise environment with the Jazzercise instructor. I understand completely as I felt the same was with a WW leader we once had when I was doing sessions at the old Marshall Fields store. He was very down to earth and motivating (some of the people since are kind of fake or play favorites I think). Anyway it was the perfect environment in which one felt really gung ho to get with the program which of course gave good results. It does seem like you enjoy a challenge so perhaps you have to do the classes, accept that it will take time before you master them (and since you get bored when you master them do you want to do that anyway? ) They say when it comes to exercise just do what you like - a simple statement but when you get right down to it, it's not so simple after all. I checked out your tea and spice shop - oh my - sooooo tempting. I see my favorite jasmine tea pearls are $99.95 a pound - just like Teavana I have 2 ounces of them left - will have to savor them.

Shad - glad to hear you are on the down side of the cold hump. Just make sure you rest enough not to send yourself into a relapse. I'm sure the house needs nothing more than a quick surface cleaning so don't worry about it. Not like you have wadded up tissues and dirty tea glasses and soup bowls strewn about the place, eh?

Patty - glad to hear you had a nice Easter with the family. I have friends in TX - it's quite scary the storms that they get out that way. Big like things there seem to run. The last set of tornadoes touched down 3 streets away from the kids school. Dad had a really difficult time navigating the debris to go get them. So I don't envy your weather. Stay safe. I have to admit I have not yet really given alot of thought to what will go in the garden. We will have 2 raised beds - tomatoes for sure, probably some green bell peppers, DH wants radishes and peas. Maybe some cucumbers too. My co-worker planted lettuces 2 years and gave me some - they were a bit bitter for my tastes so I'm not sure if I'm wanting to do lettuces. I might try some baby spinach if that's an option. Herbs for sure - dill, parsley, sweet Italian basil, cilantro and mint although I want DH to built me a separate "herb table" I can put up on the deck for that. I saw one at the store I wanted to buy and he said he could make one for way less so lets see how that goes

I'm hungry now and better go get something in my stomach before the hungry headache kicks in. Enjoy your day everyone...

• Don't mind me, just confused.
  • Afternoon all. Nice to get a breather after a busy beginning of the week.

Annie - Hope the prez's visit goes smoothly without too much torture.

Michelle - I'm sorry your review didn't go well. That's a good attitude moving forward as you described. Better than I'd probably have...

Mel - Love the little chickies you posted! Glad you're not going to volunteer to help with the election - you need to stay well!! Your health comes first ya know. I'm trying to avoid McDonald's myself, especially the burgers. Just not sure what's in them these days... Hope you can get the scan scheduled soon so you can see if the nodes are still around. Unfortunately age not being just a number can also work against you, especially when you've got medical conditions to consider. But that spirit and strength of yours definitely count for something - you tell that to your doc next time!!! I put off ordering my roller and tea for quite a while, but I do enjoy looking forward to it being delivered. The roller came with a catalog that was fascinating to me - all the types of equipment that gyms and personal trainers would order for their facilities. Naturally, I found something in there that I want to buy - a rack for all my dumbbells! that my tea order arrives today! So you don't like tea, but do you like coffee? I don't like it at all. I love seltzer too, big glass over ice with a splash of lemon. Ah, refreshing!

Ceejay - Yeh, we've had our heat back on too. It sure was nice turning it off in March, but we've got our typical chilly spring weather at the moment, so it's back to bundling up. Been wearing headband, scarf and gloves to work the past couple days. Have your headaches gone away?? Sure hope so!! Twelve hours days - that's a long day, but at least you get longer weekends!

Happy - At least for me there's a few factors involved in doing "what I like" for exercise, so no, it's not simple. And you know I have this tendency to overthink... Yes, I would imagine that the same thing applies to a ww leader as to an exercise instructor - they both need that "special something" to motivate - and that "special something" so often varies amongst the students. Anyway, at the moment I've determined I want a change and will more than likely join the no frills gym, though I will make bf take me as his guest for at least one or two workouts before I finally pay my startup fee and join. Yes, the "by the pound" pricing can be shocking, but then again, a pound of something like tea or spices can be quite a bit more than you would ever need for a reasonable period of time. I was going to buy some oo long tea on top of the other items I'd ordered, but changed my mind because their varieties were a bit pricey and I actually liked the kind bf bought for me just fine. He bought it from the chinese restaurant near the house - the owner sold him a carry out soup container full of the loose tea from his own stock of what he serves in the restaurant. We don't go there very often anymore, but I'll have to buy some the next time we're in there.

Hi Patty. Hey Mary!! Don't be a strangers!
    ---
    Nuttin' much to report. Pilates was fine last night. Two more classes next week and that's it.

I'm feeling tired. I've been waking up before the alarm lately and I think it's catching up with me. Looking forward to the weekend! However...gonna take home my laptop this weekend and try to catch up on cleaning up my e-mail. Also, I'm getting a new laptop next week, so I will probably see about removing the personal docs from the hard drive before I hand over this old one for imaging/cloning whatever they call it for copying over to the new one.

Enough rambling, back to work.
  • Good Evening/Morning Everyone!!

Well, my MI prez did NOT arrive today and will be in the first thing in the morning. She got tied up in MI and didn't head this way by car until noon, which got her in Indy around 5ish....so only one day of torture. Tomorrow!! I was more than ready for her today tho,,,so tomorrow should be good. We shall see, she is kind of anal about things...so who knows.

CHELLE...I am so sorry your review went so aweful...bright side...it can go no where but up...I have been in your shoes since I started at Humana....I have had a different boss all three years I have worked there...This year is no different. This year's review is the same...it hasn't been delivered yet, but I expect nothing too great...whatever. I know and you know how great we are, so therefore who cares what others think. They do NOT know us and do NOT know our work....let them live without us for a brief period of time and all H will break loose. I rate you AAAA++++++, and most of all GOD rewards our great efforts. You will be fine and come out fine....what goes around comes around....Hugs.

LAURA....sometimes when I have too many nights of waking before the witching hour, I eventually take an Advil PM. Losing too much sleep puts me in a coma at work which is not good, especially when the big shots are in town. I have been having trouble with getting up in the mornings cause I spend most nights awake on the couch watching TV. It sucks!

HAPPY....well really???? You are retired and doing what makes you happy. When you post is when you post. No need for explainations....do what you WANNA do. If you wanna watch the sun come up or sleep in...you do it. No need to worry about us Chicks....we totally understand.....xoxo

CEEG...it has been mighty cold here this past week also....below freezing in the mornings with warnings for all who planted flowers and such too early....Not me..only because I have not had time to do it....I probably will not have time for several weeks to plant. Too much going on with family and yard work besides planting.

MELLIE...I hate to say it...but you need to take the attitude F everyone else...with your health...IT IS ALL ABOUT YOU...I am serious..you have to quit thinking about all the volunteer and charity stuff...if you want to keep posting and being a Worldlie Chick...think about you first...plus who else would keep our commune straight? Dang it chick...quit it...it is all about YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU...and YOU

SHADDIE....hoping you are taking good care of you. That is most important, heck with everything else. Rest and work little. hugs...

Dinner was soooooooooooooo good. Chicken Breasts in Phyllo Pastry...very delish..then fixed Edamame and a salad...Curtis was not too excited about the Edamame. lol. But all in all, dinner was fab...I enjoyed it all.

Not much else going on....not exercising as usual. No surprises there. lol

Love, hugs and prayers...
  • Hello Ladies,

Annie - Lucky for you, you only have to deal with the Prez for 1 day. Don't let her ruin your day...

Happy - your garden sounds wonderful. I thought I was going to put a raised garden in this year, but didn't find the time. Have you looked at earth boxes.. I currently have 4 of them and will go that route this year.

oops phone just rang... I need to take this call...

be back..

• UP & AT 'EM!!
    GOING TO GET DRESSED AND GET ON THE BUS.
    SHOPPING FOR PRODUCE TODAY.
    YESTERDAY WAS CALM & PEACEFUL.

NOT MUCH NEW.......HAVE A GREAT DAY

CEEJAY.....HAD A LAUGH AT THE BLACKBERRY WINTER!
    WE'RE HAVING COLD MORNINGS TOO. SUPPOSED TO WARM UP THOUGH.
    HOPE YOU GET HIGHER TEMPS TODAY. YESTERDAY I HAD MY FUZZY PJ BOTTOMS ON ALL DAY!

HAPPY......DO THE DEER GET THE BEST OF THE BERRIES???
    DID YOU TASTE THEM LAST YEAR WHEN LOOKING AT THE HOUSE??
    THE SENIORS WOULD LOVE ARTS & CRAFTS BUT THE BUDGET IS WAY TOO SMALL RIGHT NOW.
    MAYBE THAT'S A GOOD THING CAUSE THE WHOLE THING WOULD FALL IN MY LAP AGAIN!
    I HAVE PLENTY TO KEEP ME BUSY....ALL MY FRIENDS LIVE IN MY PC
    PRETTY SOON WE'LL ALL BE OUTSIDE.
    I WILL PROBABLY BE THE FIRST ONE COMPLAINING OF THE HEAT & HUMIDITY

LAURA....A NEW LAPTOP! GOOD FOR THE EMPLOYER.
    HOW DO THEY KNOW WHEN IT'S TIME FOR A NEW ONE....OR IS IT AUTOMATICALLY DONE ON A REGULAR BASIS?
    GLAD TO SEE YOU GOT A MINUTE TO YOURSELF.
    IT HAS REALLY BEEN A BUSY WEEK....MINE JUST FLEW BY!
    HOPE THE TEA COMES IN TIME FOR THE WEEKEND.
    THE ONLY COFFEE I LIKE IS THE ICED FRAPPE THAT STARBUCKS PUTS IN A BOTTLE.
    IT'S FUNNY BUT I AM NOT REALLY A COFFEE FAN EITHER. MAINLY JUST A SUGAR JUNKIE!!!

ANNIE.......I WILL BEHAVE FROM NOW ON. PROMISE. ME ME ME ME ME & ME.
    THE CHICKEN IN PHYLLO SOUNDED GOOD. ONE OF MY SENIORS LOVES EDAMAME.
    I GET THEM FOR HER AT TRADER JOE'S.
    GOOD LUCK WITH THE PREZ TODAY

PATTY......NOW I WILL HAVE TO GOOGLE EARTH BOXES.
    SOUNDED INTERESTING & WILL KEEP ME BUSY OVER THE WEEKEND
  • Morning all. TGIF!!

Annie - Well, only one day of torture, but it still was probably not a great day yesterday if you were waiting around all day for the Prez to show up... I very rarely have trouble falling asleep, and when I said I was waking up before the alarm it's usually around an hour or less. So I'm not being shorted on as much sleep as you, so I generally don't feel it until the end of the day, thankfully. No meds needed!!

Patty - Now I've got to look up earth boxes!! And Happy's "herb table" sounds interesting too.

Mel - Have a good produce-shopping trip today. I think I shocked my body last night with the salad I made for dinner. I washed everything well before prepping it and yet it somehow didn't agree with me and that never happens to me with salads. No tummy ache - let's just say it was "digestive upset". Re the laptop - our IT department must track the model/ages of what equipment we have and has staggered rollouts of new equipment deployment before it breaks down or is obsolescent. And we know that doesn't take long. I asked an IT guy if the projector in the conference room could be calibrated because the colors weren't accurate and he told me it's not a matter of adjusting something, it's just "old" - 4 years old!! Doesn't sound that old to me!! Anyway, right now, just the admin and I are getting new equipment in our department. The other manager just started here last fall, so he already has a newer model. For whatever reason, the boss isn't on the list right now. She must be in a different group. Our tea/spice order arrived yesterday, so I'm having a mug of Northwest Breakfast tea. It's better than the Tetley bags I've been using, but I'm sort of underwhelmed. I'll try it again this weekend. I think it'll be tasty with some real sugar (vs. Splenda) and perhaps some milk.

Hellos to the rest of the Worldlies!! Shad, Hope you're getting over that cold by now. The past couple days allergies have been kicking my arse. Well, my eyes actually - watery and irritated. I have rx eyedrops, but if I want to wear my contact lenses I have to apply the drops and wait 10 minutes. That goofs up my morning routine, because no creams or lotions can be applied until after all that. Don't want to muck up my lenses by handling them with residue on them, and it already feels like I spend a half lifetime doing hand-washing.
    ---
    Feeling achey and out of sorts today. I really wish I could have stayed home. Another strange ache today - front neck/collarbone on the left side, which had already started before bedtime last night. I'm so thoroughly tired of this! And while the additional firmness of the bed (since I adjusted it) has now helped with the upper back soreness, I get numbness in my shoulders and arms from it when I sleep on my side. Sigh.

Anyway, sorry for the whining. Small potatoes in the realm of "problems people have". Hope today goes quickly. I have to get my 2012 performance goals entered in the software system (replaced the forms). Having lunch with a work buddy. Nothing super pressing today.

Tomorrow morning I'm having breakfast with a friend I used to work with. That's all that has been planned for the weekend. It's supposed to rain/storm this weekend. Bf never got the mulch spread on the bed we weeded last weekend, but he did sprinkle Preen on it. I might spread the mulch myself if the weather permits.

That's about it. Everyone have a great weekend!