Old 04-08-2012, 11:51 AM   #61  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

A quick hop in (like a bunny) to wish everyone a Happy Easter! I hope you're all doing well!

It's been a busy weekend just getting stuff done around the house...and yet there's still so much to do!

Much love to all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:07 PM   #62  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

Happy Easter to all. Hope you got yourself a nice basket there from Mr. Bunny. It is sunny but rather cool this morning. Reminded me of when I was a kid and I'm not sure how Mom squeezed out a few bucks to get us a new Easter outfit and hat but she did. They were generally light springy types of clothes and occasionally we'd have a chilly Easter morning where we'd be shivering in the new duds. Usually we got a dress and hat - was a rare thing to actually get a pastel colored Easter coat.

I'm taking a Meliday today. Grandma was a fierce one for not doing housework on a holy holiday The only work allowed is cooking and that won't be much of a deal since I'm not doing the all out holiday thing this year. I cooked some eggs last week, they will just have to do for today Haven't colored eggs in years.

I hope you all have a good dinner with family, friends and loved ones - take the day to enjoy the good things in life.

Talk to you tomorrow.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 02:08 PM   #63  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Red face Happy Easter

Buona Pasqua! Happy Easter everyone. May you have a blessed Easter Sunday with family and friends. Mothers, Fathers, Sisters, Brothers, Nieces, Nephews, Children and grandchildren and/or anyone you hold dear.
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:49 PM   #64  

Hi to all the Worldlies. Hope everyone had or is still having a wonderful Easter. Bf & I had a tasty ham dinner at his bf's house & will be taking home a ham bone for some soup. Taking a breather In the basement & bf took a phone call from somebody re the car he is selling for a friend. Sounds like he's winding up, so I'll do the same.

Cheers!

Last edited by Laura705; 04-08-2012 at 07:50 PM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:33 AM   #65  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

GOOD MORNING CHICKLETTES

SORRY THIS IS A QUICKIE.
HOPE EVERYONE HAD A GREAT WEEKEND.
WE HAD A LOVELY SUNNY DAY WITH MILD TEMPS ALL TO OURSELVES.

JEN'S FOOT FEELS BETTER. LOTS OF ICE & CODEINE

WE HAD WATER LEAKS AGAIN LATE YESTERDAY AFTERNOON.
NOW THE PLUMBER IS ON HIS WAY. HE JUST CALLED TO WAKE ME UP.
BUT I AM SMARTER...LAID MY CLOTHES OUT LAST NIGHT WHEN THE KIDS LEFT.

THE BOSS IS STILL OFF UNTIL TOMORROW
I'LL READ & DO PERSONALS LATER.

HERE IS THE DINNER RICHIE "MADE"...................(via the Spanish bakery)

TAPAS:
Empanadas (beef)
Croquettas (ham)
Rellenos de Papa (beef)

DINNER:
Roast Pork
Yucca & Sweet Potatoes
Asparagus & Corn

DESSERT:
TJ's Flourless Chocolate Cake
TJ's Shortbread & Jam Cookies

THE FOOD WAS EXCELLENT & WE WERE STUFFED!!
GOOD THING HE ONLY BOUGHT ENOUGH FOR THE ONE MEAL.
NO ONE WILL BE ABLE TO EAT FOR A WEEK NOW.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:34 AM   #66  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning chicks,

I have an early morning doctor's appointment to get ready for. It's just a follow up to last month to check the meds - or lack of them in the case of the blood pressure.

Will get back later for personals. Hope everyone had a nice Easter.

Double ouch on Jen's foot Mel! Sounds very very painful.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:55 AM   #67  
Creating a Healthier Me

Happy Monday!

It sounds like everyone had a Happy Easter! Ours was quiet. DH was quite tired as he ran a couple short errands with me on Saturday. I cooked a roast in the crockpot for dinner, and made DH some oatmeal cookies. I didn't get nearly as much done during the weekend as I wanted to...which is how it's been lately. Either I run out of time or my back (lately it's been my back). I need to return to my exercise routine, despite the long hours I've been working leaving me exhausted by the end of the day. I also need to get the house in order...DMIL will be here from early May to early September.

On Friday, the pulmonologist was stumped at why DH has gotten congested again. He prescribed antifungals (again) and a new inhaler. He's doing a little better now, but still so darn tired.

Annie - I got the box you sent. Thank you so much!! Love the magazines, and the Humana stuff. Sorry to hear that Curtis had a cold. I am surprised that they still allow smoking in bars there...it's not allowed here any more. I got exhausted just READING about all you accomplished over the weekend.

Ceejay - Hope you had a nice time with the family in Paragould!

Mel - Sorry to hear about Jen's foot! Ouch!! I hope she can stay off it as much as possible. Rest Ice Compression and Elevation. Bummer about the TJ's fresh entrees. I know how much you like them. I love convenience foods too, and TJ's are so much healthier than the processed, frozen stuff I get. Glad the party and especially the movie were enjoyable. Your Easter dinner sounds fabulous!

Shad - Our grocery stores haven't fully closed for holidays in years! They sometimes have shortened hours on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, but the rest of the year, it's business as usual. $500 for groceries?! That must be a big family or really expensive food! I loved the gorgeous flower photos!

Laura - In answer to your frozen custard question...we do have two Culvers near us...it's getting to be a bigger and bigger chain, but still pretty good food. But the peanut butter cup custard was from a local mom & pop type place. Sorry to hear that Coal is getting arthritis, but at least the glucosamine shots are covered by pet insurance.

Happy - Gorgeous photo of the turkey and the baby deer! We're seeing a lot of wild turkeys around where we live. Mostly hens, but a few very impressive Toms strutting their tail feathers! I love seeing critters. Please post photos of the baby turkeys when they're trotting past their parents. Can't believe it's already been a year since you bought the house! Our local custard place is very similar to Kopp's Custard. Kopp's is by far the best in the area, but the closest locations are at least 1/2 hour away (thank Goodness). Luckily, the custard at our local place is second in quality only to Kopp's. DH was on the medicine that had a potential side effect of rupturing tendons in the foot. Good luck at the doc's this morning.

Well, I'd best get to it. I didn't sleep well last night, so I'm having a hard time kicking it into gear.

Much love,
Old 04-09-2012, 10:58 AM   #68  
Happy September

BACK AGAIN.....

PLUMBER WENT TO GET MORE SUPPLIES.
SO I HAD TIME TO EAT & PUT WARMER CLOTHES ON.
VERY WINDY AND COLD OUTSIDE. MORE LIKE WINTER THAN SPRING.

I WAS A BAD GIRL...I MADE A PHONE CALL TO SOMEONE IN FRONT OF ANOTHER PERSON...SO THEY COULD HEAR MY ANGST AT THINGS NOT BEING DONE RIGHT ETC. THE LISTENER NEVER SAID A WORD BUT PATTED ME ON THE BACK AND GAVE ME THE "NOD".
ANOTHER WORDS HE WILL HANDLE IT. REALLY TIRED OF THIS NOW.
I AM NOT GETTING SUCKED INTO JOHN'S OLD JOB.

I HAD A GOOD WEEKEND AND FEEL LIKE MY OLD SELF.
THAT'S THE PROBLEM....PEOPLE SEE THAT AND ARE JUMPING FOR JOY....NOT!!!

MY APPETITE HAS RETURNED. THE NAUSEA HAS DISAPPEARED.
MY ENERGY LEVEL IS RISING MORE EVERY DAY. I THINK I AM CURED!!
NOW TO SEE WHAT THE DR SAYS & WHEN I CAN GET THIS MRI OVER WITH.
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY

MARY.....HAPPY EASTER TO YOU TOO!! HOPE YOU HAD A GREAT DAY ALSO!

HAPPY.....HOW WAS THE MELIDAY?? WE HAD THAT OVER HERE TOO.
JUST US AND THE TV. WE WATCHED A PARENT TRAP MARATHON.
HALEY MILLS OLD DISNEY MOVIES PART 1 & 2. LOVED IT.
YOUR EASTER MEMORIES ARE MUCH THE SAME AS MINE

MICHELLE....HOPE YOU AND DH HAD A GREAT DAY AND HE IS FEELS OK.

ANNIE...BET THE FAMILY HAD A GREAT TIME WITH JAKE'S FIRST EASTER?!?!?!

CEEJAY....HOW WAS THE TRIP TO PARAGOULD. HOPE THE MEDS WORKED AND YOU FEEL OK.

PATTY....HOPE YOU'RE REMEMBERING TO TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOURSELF.

SHAD.....SORRY WE GOT THE DAYS WRONG. WAS WAITING FOR YOU TO PICK ONE! LOL HOW DID THE DAY & THE CASTLE GO???
MAYBE WE SHOULD SHOOT FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY WEEKEND??
LET ME KNOW WHERE YOU'LL BE.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:01 AM   #69  
Happy September

MICHELLE....YOU SNUCK IN THERE....HOPE YOUR BACK WILL BE FEELING BETTER AND BE CAREFUL. JEN IS AN OLD PRO AT BOO BOOS!! AREN'T WE ALL?!?!
PAIN MEDS FOR EVERYONE!! THE CANDIDATE THAT SAYS THAT WILL GET MY VOTE IN NOVEMBER
THE DMIL IN MAY!!! GOOD SHOW!!
Old 04-09-2012, 12:25 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Happy belated Easter.

The old saying that goes if Momma isn't happy aint nobody happy was the setting for this past week end. There was a lot of animosity (sp) between my uncle and aunt about their guest from India. She called me last night and told me that she told him to leave before bedtime. She can be extremely rude and she was this past week end.--Not toward me but him.

Mel
Hope Jen's foot is getting better. And that things are being repaired.

More later. I have a giant sized headache. Part of it is from this week end and part of it is allergies.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:45 PM   #71  
Creating a Healthier Me

Ceejay - Sorry that your Easter weekend was full of animosity. Holidays can be stressful. I hope your headache eases up soon.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:47 PM   #72  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Happy Day After Easter...

It was a fabulous Easter at my brother's house. Too much food...I did stay away from all desserts and candy....and ate no ham. Ham is to salty and I am thirsty after eating it. I made up for it with my Phillipino SILs fried rice and her noodle dish, cheesy potatos, spinach dip, buffalo chicken dip. All so good. There were many other things but not my favorites so I didn't eat them. Oh and some cheeseball.

Played cards and boards games and cornhole. They had a huge pit fire going on so several roasted peeps over the fire. I watched as I am not a marshmellow-peeps fan. It was a bit breezy and on the cool side so the fire was just perfect. SIL had made some sun tea that was fabulous. The only other dessert that was there was this beautiful butter fly cake, cut into the shape of a butterfly, light blue icing then pastel color M&Ms pressed on for color. Nicely done by my other SIL.

CEEG...my word, I certainly hope that headache dissappears. Seems like you have been getting them a lot. I hate head pain suffering, it just makes me so miserable and grumpy...Feel better sister~

CHELLE....Hope DH gets to feeling better real quick. Maybe he needs to be on a maintenance drug until this is all completely out of his system. Are you on any supplements to build immunity? You both should be on them, and if you already are...take two. I am about ready to put Curtis on them.

HAPPY....How did your doc check up go? You know, it really sounds like the most part you are enjoying being retired. I am so happy for you and DH. Who knew life could be so fun?

MELLIE...bummer you Easter plans got changed around but it sounds like you had an awesome feast anyway. Yikes on Jen's foot, I swear you both need to be in a plastic bubble....if it is you, it is Jen...not to mention Richie getting his act in there too!. Hugs

LAURA...glad you had a nice Easter dinner. Hope you didn't eat too much.

SHADDIE...are you sleeping and getting ready to head out to your job....Hope your Easter was a good one...do you know the gender of the grandbaby yet?

Lil man had a great Easter....only thing he knows is he was passed around a lot. He did take a two hour nap while I held him on the bench swing in the backyard at bro's house. I had him snuggled up in his blankie. Samantha had him dressed really cute. Brown long sleeve onsie with monkee's on it, brown bib cords, and the cutest lil brown shoes. I got him a felt bunny basket and put formula, swim trunks and matching hat, a lil car, sunglasses and a gallon of nursery water. Oh and a plastic carrot baseball bat and lil green ball. That Easter Bunny is something else...lol.

Better get to work...been dilly dallying all day long and getting further and further behind.

Love, Hugs and Prayers.,
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:53 PM   #73  
Creating a Healthier Me

I mentioned this on FB, but thought I'd share it here too. I've been reading what I believe to be one of the best, feel-good books ever. It's called "Following Atticus". It's a true story and so very heartwarming. I strongly encourage everyone to read the adventures of a man and his brave and lovable little dog.

Here's the link from Amazon, so you can get more info about the book:
http://www.amazon.com/Following-Atti...3995608&sr=8-1

I was able to check it out from the library...but this may be a book that I buy I'm enjoying it so much. The version I checked out is actually the audiobook, which is great. The author has a great voice and a wonderful New Hampshire/Massachusetts accent that brings back memories of growing up in New England.

Here's the Facebook page for the book:
https://www.facebook.com/FollowingAtticusBook

And here's the author's blog about the book (I haven't checked this out as it's blocked at work...but I'm checking it out once I get home):
http://tomandatticus.blogspot.com/
Old 04-09-2012, 03:55 PM   #74  
Creating a Healthier Me

BTW, Annie - yes....DH and I take A LOT of vitamins and supplements to help our immunity. Vit. D, E, C, multi vitamin, Echinacea, specific stuff for the lungs, B12, Fish Oil, and Gingko Biloba.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:25 PM   #75  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Not going to be a long post. My head isn't up to it. I have a head cold and feel like the whole thing is going to explode any moment. So I am reduced to liquids, pills and soup with ice cream, jelly and fruit for my nourishment. Any chewing sets the bells in my head ringing again.
I sent a message to the bigT yesterday to say I would work from home again today. Can't share this one with anyone else. I might feel sorry for them!!! but then again maybe not.
At least I might loose some weight.

Glad to hear that with the exception of Ceejay we have all had a good Easter. I'm pleased to say that apart from a spoonful of chocolate rock ice cream, no chocolate passed my lips. There is some in the fridge. R bought some for DS2 the day before yesterday. He wasn't fazed, but then like me he isn't a huge chocolate fan. He did say that at least it was ginger choc. He's a ginger freak that one.

Right, I'm off. Annie asked about the grandchild. I did ask DS1 and his partner not to tell me the gender and so far they haven't, although I might guess that she would drop it into the conversation somewhere if I got around to having a conversation with her. However DS2 who was down there a couple of weeks back does know and unwittingly dropped the ball when he was talking about them arguing over names. But I am not telling you lot, because someone around here needs to get a surprise. Usually anyone asks, I tell them I don't know.

So I am off to drink my LemSip which is making me feel better for short periods of time. I will need to go to the pharmacy after this to pick up head ache tablets and tissues and all those things. I can only take 4 of the lemsips in 24 hours dammit.

Back probably tomorrow or I'll leave DS2 to issue invites to the funeral if I don't make it.

Birthday sounds good Mel. I'll put a note in the calendar.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote