3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

April Antics and Adventures in the Land of the Worldlie Chicks

Old 04-04-2012, 08:51 AM   #31
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Wow....last in first in...weird for me...nuttin' new.

Have a wonderful hump/trash day!

Loves and hugs

Lap RNY 2/12/07- weightloss: 163 lbs; 306 SW; 143 CW
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:11 AM   #32
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

MORNING LADIES OF THE APRIL ANTICS

SOME LOVELY SUN OUTSIDE AND MAYBE A WARMER DAY.
ONLY THE 60's THIS WEEK BUT SUMMER IS COMING.
WE MIGHT DO THE EGGS TONITE. JEN HAS ALL THE STUFF.
I CANCELLED THE DOCTOR'S VISIT SCHEDULED FOR FRIDAY
TOLD THEM HE CAN HAVE ANY OTHER WEEK BUT THIS ONE.
IT'S A FRASSING HOLIDAY FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.
I WANT JUST ONE HOLIDAY WITHOUT A DR, NURSE OR HOSPITAL!
TOMORROW IS TJ's SO I WILL BE MIA HERE.
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY

SHAD....YES A MELLOW MAY FOR MELLIE IS IN ORDER.
I HAVE BEEN LAUGHING ABOUT THAT SINCE YOU WROTE "MELLOW MAY",
HOPE BOTH OUR WEEKENDS ARE QUIET & FREE.

LAURA....HOPE THE TRAINING SESSION WENT OK WITH THE
WEEK BEING SO BUSY. STAY STRONG. HOLIDAY WEEKEND COMING UP!!

ANNIE.....NEWLY ENGAGED WOMEN DO NOT CHASE AROUND NEWLY BOUGHT PACKERS MEN!!!
(but nothing like blue-eyed beef)

CEEJAY.........THE MOTHER BIRDS MUST LOVE THE NEST.
GUESS THEY FEEL SAFE HAVING THEIR BABIES THERE.
THEY MUST BE CALLING YOU AUNTIE JEANETTE

Last edited by MELODY525 : 04-04-2012 at 09:12 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:59 AM   #33
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hey everyone -

Happy Hump Day! I'm so glad it's Wednesday. I can't even begin to tell you. I just have to get through today, tomorrow and 1/2 day on Friday. Wooo Hooo!!

DH is getting a little better. He still gets winded and tired easily, but when he's up and around, his oxygen stays above 90...not great...but an improvement over what it has been. I'm even "letting" him drive (short distances). The doc said he could drive once he got off the super pain meds (which was a week ago)..but his oxygen was still a little low...so I wanted to wait until he was sure there would be no passing out. Yesterday, he drove to the voting place, and to the grocery store to pick up a couple things. I asked if he felt up to running an errand today that was 1/2 hour drive each way...he said he doesn't feel comfortable driving that far yet. No worries. I'll run the errand on my way home.

He finished our taxes and e-filed them, and we're getting a refund! That will help with the bills that have been piling up.

Annie - I kept forgetting to tell you how THRILLED Packer nation is to have Jeff Saturday. We lost a good Center, and got a Pro-Bowl Center! We're all surprised he didn't follow Peyton Manning to Denver...but we're really optimistic that he'll be a great addition to the Offensive Line both in run blocking and pass protection.

Shad - So glad to hear you get to work from home today. That is what your FB status said, right? Now that I'm on this additional project my work from home days are "paused" for awhile as I have to be on-site to coordinate defect resolution.

Mellie - I don't blame you one bit for postponing your doc appointment. I am trying to get all my website meetings, chores, etc. done prior to Friday so that I can enjoy 2 and 1/2 days of rest and relaxation (or as close to that as possible). A holiday for you (and my DH) without a doctor, nurse or hospital would be fantastic! Of course, DH does have a doc appointment on Friday for a pulmonary function test...whatever that is. I'm driving him to that just in case it's too taxing for him to drive home. But at least the test is at the clinic next to the hospital...less than 5 minutes from home. I hope you have a wonderfully relaxing day and upcoming weekend.

Happy - Are you enjoying springtime up north (despite the skunk and other undesirable critters)? I mean, there are plenty of really good critters too, right?

Ceejay - I love seeing birds (and their babies) in a nest. For several years, we had a bird that built a nest on top of the porch light fixture by the front door. We normally use the garage to come in and out of the house rather than the front door, so they felt safe. No nest there this year though. But maybe they're using one of the birdhouses we have around the yard.

Laura - How did your training go yesterday? How are you doing with all the juggling? I'm trying to juggle many things right now too...and hoping nothing hits the floor (or the fan).

Okay....gotta go prep for a meeting.

Much love to all,

Say it... shout it... believe it... "I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!"...then DO IT!

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." ~ Edwin Louis Cole

Starting weight: 245
Lap RNY 11/19/2014: 215.5 surgery weight

My Mini Goals:
1) Exercise 6 days per week at least 45 minutes per day (once I get the doctor's ok to exercise)
2) Follow the Bariatric surgery eating plan
3) Make the most of each moment
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:34 PM   #34

Quick hello. Luckily one meeting didn't happen this morning which gave me a chance to finish something I was being hounded for. Finished my prelim quarterly schedules yesterday. Have a quarterly meeting in 30 min. - might need to revise one of the schedules after that one.

One more major project open that's just waiting on more last little thing - I'll have to be a pest to try and get it. I'd really like to get this last thing done, because one way or another I'm going to take the day off tomorrow...not the best week, but too bad.

Okay, time to be a pest. TTFN!

Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:55 AM   #35
gettin' with the plan

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Morning chicks.
Nothing new, and not very talkative this week. I've been busy.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:05 AM   #36
Creating a Healthier Me

Hi everyone -

DH has an appointment with the pulmonologist today. By yesterday afternoon, he was getting VERY congested in his lungs, and he was up most of the night coughing and struggling to breathe. He thinks maybe he should go on the antifungal meds again. We'll see what the doc says.

Lots to get done today. I was hoping to jump out of bed early and get to work by 5...but I kept hitting the snooze button and got here at 6:15 instead, which is still early compared to my official starting time of 7 am, but late when put in perspective of all I need to do today.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!!! Here's to a lovely Easter weekend for all of us (though I have to work 1/2 day on Good Friday).

Much love,

Say it... shout it... believe it... "I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!"...then DO IT!

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." ~ Edwin Louis Cole

My Mini Goals:
1) Exercise 6 days per week at least 45 minutes per day (once I get the doctor's ok to exercise)
Old 04-05-2012, 10:39 AM   #37
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

CHELLE...hope things go well for DH...I sent you something in the mail...check it out.

Hope everyone has a marvelously wonderful Easter! Don't eat too much candy..well none at all would be perfect.

Love and hugs.

Lap RNY 2/12/07- weightloss: 163 lbs; 306 SW; 143 CW
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:49 PM   #38
Do something hard today

S/C/G: Macys Balloon/Chubbette/OK

Height: Fun Size

Hi all,

Sorry I did not post - I started to and then got distracted which is the story of my life recently. Yesterday we went to the nature museum for an interesting seminar on landscaping for attracting birds. And I did some shopping at Walmart. Today I have to figure out why my medication that cost me $100 in December now costs $557 Same insurance, not sure what the glitch is.

Michelle - I feel so badly for poor DH - this has got to be depressing for him. I appreciate my lungs much more now - a little sinus cough is nothing compared to what that poor guy is dealing with. Hope he gets something to help him.

Annie - no Easter candy here. Except 1 small bag of Easter foil covered Reese's peanut butter cups that DH and I shared. Haven't colored eggs in ages. Are you cooking Easter dinner?

Ceejay - busy is good - do you have storms headed out your way today?

Laura - hope you get what you need to done at work so you can have a bit of a longer weekend.

Mel - good thing you like hard boiled eggs. Are you and Jen making Easter eggs for you? Some traditions die hard. But the basket looks so cute.

Shad - did you get all your doco done yesterday?

Hi Patty and Java

Sorry to be so short - the day is getting away from me. I will try and get back later to post a nice pic DH got of a wild turkey and a deer in our yard having a show down.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:38 PM   #39
Creating a Healthier Me

Annie - I got the card and the supplements inside. Thank you so much, sista!

Happy - $557??? A $450 increase??? That's insane!! Maybe I should work until I keel over so I can afford my prescriptions. I love peanut butter cups...a local frozen custard place had peanut butter cup frozen custard the other day. Peanut butter flavored custard with swirls of chocolate and little peanut butter cups mixed in. It was SO YUMMY!! Can't wait to see the critter pictures.

My Mini Goals:
Old 04-05-2012, 03:18 PM   #40
Happy September

SORRY THIS IS QUICK.
I AM REALLY TIRED BUT THE DAY IS FAR FROM OVER.
WE SPRUNG 2 LEAKS WHILE I WAS SHOPPING.
BOTH ARE ON THE LOBBY FLOOR...OR RATHER 1 IN THE CEILING AND ONE ON THE OTHER HOT WATER TANK.
LORD HELP ME! ANOTHER HOLIDAY FIASCO!!
I NEED TO JUMP IN THE SHOWER BEFORE THE HOT WATER SYSTEM IS TURNED OFF AND THEN WAIT FOR THE PLUMBER. THE BOSS IS OFF UNTIL TUESDAY
LOVED TJ's BUT COULDN'T GET ALL MY FAVORITES.
THEY LOST THEIR ENTREE VENDOR!!!!! WTF!!!
WILL CATCH UP WITH YOU GALS TOMORROW.
HAVE A GREAT NIGHT
AND GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE
Old 04-05-2012, 03:28 PM   #41
gettin' with the plan

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Happy
Yikes on the cost of med's. Mine is going to be high too starting this month. April starts our deductible again. The med's alone will be a 200 deductible.
Dr's office visits still have a co-pay but that deductible is now 3,000 dollars. A trip to the E.R. is a mere 200 dollars.

I wonder who won the show down, the deer or turkey. Can't wait to see the picture.

-----
I have a sinus headache. The first one a awhile. Think it's due to the low pressure system. We had some much needed rain today but no storms yet.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:06 PM   #42

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

All of a sudden we are in deep Autumn. It's dark in the mornings, there's a chill in the air, and the darned cat is continually hungry.

Yesterday, I worked from home and was happily changing attachments to pdf's from word docs when the BigT rang and said could I get this list done by midday. Since each change takes me about 4 minutes and there were 200 on the list, the answer is no - but we will give it a go. So there was some sore fingers after I can tell you. We missed the deadline by 10 documents.
After that, I took myself off to do the weekend shopping. We have a 4 day break here for Easter so there will be no shopping tomorrow or Sunday. As usual, people think their throats will be cut if they don't have an overflowing pantry over the weekend. The shopping trolley in front of me at the checkout cost the couple $500 more or less. Mine was for around $70. They must have a big family!!!
Came home, cleaned the kitchen, put the stuff away, had a glass of wine and went back to work for another couple of hours. I've now put away the computer and won't touch it again until Tuesday.

Not much else going on around here. DS2 took delivery of a load of cement bags and some gravel so maybe we will see some action around the shed this weekend.

Once the sun comes up, I will go outside for a while and dig in the good earth, split up some Madonna lilies and take a look at the vege plot. There's a couple of loads of washing as well. Maybe today will be the day I get into the back room and start to clear it out or maybe tomorrow. Can't rush these things.

At any rate I hope you all have a safe and happy Easter. Take care of yourselves and don't get caught with your hand in the cookie or candy jar.

Darn, there is always someone watching isn't there?

Last edited by Shad : 04-05-2012 at 05:56 PM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:37 PM   #43

Afternoon all.

Shad - Wow, that's a lot of docs to change! You really came close to meeting the deadline. Well, I think it's nice that the shops actually close for a holiday there. That's almost non-existent here it seems. So what did the cart in front of yours have in it - caviar and champagne? Ha, doesn't even take much to ring up a big grocery bill, even when you only fill a couple bag's worth. for progress on the shed. Have a happy Easter.

Ceejay - Hope your headache went away quickly.

Happy - OMG, what caused the meds to cost so much this month???!!!

Mel - I sure hope the leak issues get resolved. And of course it always seems to happen when some key employee isn't around. Sorry you couldn't get your faves at TJ's - are those the fresh type of entrees supplied locally? Yes, it' a holiday weekend, but not a long one for me - it's not a holiday at my company tomorrow. But hopefully the train will be empty, the office quiet, and maybe an early dismissal.

Michelle - Wow, that frozen custard seems so rich all on its own - I can't imagine how it is w/ PB!! The chain isn't Culver's is it? That's not really local anymore, is it? They're growing - we have one not too far from home, and now there's one going up even closer to us. I really like that post roast sandwich they have. For fast food, it's a much healthier option than most. How did the pulmonologist app go? I feel so bad that dh is having so much trouble pulling out of this illness. Hope the doc can help!! Enjoy your half day off work tomorrow and your Easter.

Hellos to Annie, Mary and Patty!!

Everyone have a Happy Easter!!

So I called in sick from work today. Doggy had a vet appt this morning, a bath this afternoon, and a walk afterwards. All's well except he's getting a bit of arthritis in the hindquarters the past few months. We'll likely start him on some kind of glucosamine injections (reportedly stronger than the glucosamine pills). I think it's covered by our pet insurance.

I finally placed an order with the tea/spice shop bf and I visited in Seattle last fall. I ordered three different teas, a pickling spice blend for bf and some orange peel (dehydrated) for myself (to add to tea or perhaps to a marinade). I have a hair appt tonight. One more day of work tomorrow. Hope it goes quietly and quickly.

That's about all for me. TTFN!

Last edited by Laura705 : 04-05-2012 at 06:44 PM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:11 AM   #44
Happy September

"PEEPING TOM"

GOOD MORNING CHICKS.
BOTH LEAKS GOT PLUGGED UP BY 11:21 PM LAST NIGHT.
VERY LONG DAY.
BUT BOB THE PLUMBER & I HAD A GOOD VISIT.
FIRST THING HE SAID WAS "I'M NOT SICK MEL".
POOR GUY WILL NEVER FORGET IT.
THE SENIORS & I WATCHED DORIS DAY & DAVID NIVEN.
2 OF HER MOVIES WERE ON AND THEY CAME DOWN TO WATCH THEM.
WAS NICE TO HAVE SOME COMPANY. THEY SAID IT WAS THE LEAST THEY COULD DO. Awwwwww
NOTHING ELSE NEW. HOPING THE EXCITEMENT IS OVER NOW FOR THE ENTIRE WEEKEND.
WISHING YOU ALL VERY HAPPY HOLIDAYS. HAPPY GOOD FRIDAY.
THINK TODAY I AM GOING TO NEED AN AFTERNOON NAP.
I WOKE UP DRAGGING MY BUTT ALREADY

LAURA.....YES IT WAS THE FRESH ENTREES. I WAS SO SAD.
I REALLY LOVED THEM AND BOUGHT THEM TO FREEZE.
SUPPOSEDLY THEY'RE THINKING OF ANOTHER VENDOR.
BUT NO ONE WAS BUYING THEM THE WAY I WAS SHE TOLD ME. SIGH.
HOPE YOUR DAY IS QUICK & QUIET ALSO.
I LOVE DUNDEE MARMALADE....YUM!! HAVE FUN WITH THE ORDER.
DON'T YOU JUST LOVE STUFF LIKE THAT???

SHAD....MUST FEEL WEIRD HAVING TIME FOR YOURSELF FINALLY!!
I THINK MY ORDER WAS THE LARGEST IN TJ's.
JEN AND I HAD 3 SMALL TROLLIES FILLED. BUT ONE HAD WATER & SELTZER. JUST SHY OF $350! STAY WARM NOW AUTUMN HAS ARRIVED.
TELL DS THERE WILL BE NO EASTER DINNER WITHOUT THE CASTLE
YOU'LL HAVE PLENTY OF TIME TO CL;EAN WHEN THE JOB IS OVER. LOL

HAPPY......WOW!!! THAT'S A BIG CHANGE IN THE PRESCRIPTION PRICE!!
MUST BE A FLAW IN THERE SOMEWHERE!! YIKES
HOPE YOU FIND OUT IT WAS AN ERROR ON THE COMPUTER OR FAX....WHATEVER! GOOD LUCK
YOUR FIRST EASTER IN THE WOODS WITH SMOKEY THE BEAR!! ENJOY

ANNIE....A VERY HAPPY EASTER RIGHT BACK AT YOU HOPE THE WEEKEND WITH FAMILY IS A HAPPY ONE KISS JAKE FOR US

MICHELLE....I AM VERY SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE DH AND THE CONGESTION.
SO HOPING THE DR CAN GIVE HIM SOMETHING THAT WILL END THIS MISERY.
MUST BE VERY SCARY FOR BOITH OF YOU. DOUBLE HUGS

CEEJAY.....I FELT KIND OF THE SAME WAY THIS WEEK. NON TALKATIVE.
JUST DIDN'T FEEL LIKE BEING WITH PEOPLE OR FEELING ANYTHING.
HOPE THAT MADE SENSE. HAVE A SUPER WEEKEND.

PATTY.....I HOPE YOUR WEEKEND WILL BE A HAPPY ONE ALSO AND
THAT NEXT WEEK WORK WILL BE CALMER TOO.
SENDING YOU HAPPY EASTER THOUGHTS

MARY.....MY JAVA FRIEND.....A VERY HAPPY EASTER TO YOU AND POOH BEAR. HOPE THIS POST FINDS YOU HAPPY & FEELING WELL!!
TAKE CARE OF YOURSEL MISS TURTLE
Old 04-06-2012, 11:43 AM   #45
Do something hard today

S/C/G: Macys Balloon/Chubbette/OK

Height: Fun Size

Good morning all,

Here's a shot of a wild turkey and a baby deer taken a few days ago. The deer is probably wondering who invited this "turkey" over to his yard The turkey is fairly large - not quite as big as the commercial ones bred for the dinner table and from what I understand it's a bit gamey tasting too. I hope the picture is not too big, taking forever to load up.

Last edited by happy2bme : 04-06-2012 at 11:50 AM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.