Old 04-28-2012, 05:00 PM   #226  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Yesterday became a bit of a blur since the phone rang incessantly - all people looking for donations or wanting me to buy raffle tickets. None of which were happy about my reply. And then since DS2 has kept the house relatively clean and tidy and it was raining hard, I caught up on a bit of tv and dozed somewhat. Then I decided since it was rainy and cold, I would clean out my wardrobe and the spare room. Everything takes longer than expected and I don't notice a lot being thrown out either. Better change that.
Finally I saw my travel agenda, and had a spat about that. Don't mind the flight and car, but had requested a 1 bedroom apartment staying at the place where I was last week - which was nice (169.00 per night). Now I have a 3 bedroom apartment in another part of town at $465 per night. WTF. The project manager tells me the mine has houses to rent and he will source out one of those. God knows what shape they will be in if they have been rented by miners in the past. Think I might consider just booking my own stuff from now on in and forget the 'corporate travel company' who are only in it for the commission. Will raise the matter with the BigT next time we speak.

Mel - I did try to ring yesterday, but you were not there. I got up at 6.00am this morning to try again only to find some clod aka Shad or Me forgot to recharge the phone handset last night. So I am waiting for a little while before I try this morning. If you are not home, you are not home. We can reschedule for next weekend. No worries

Happy - glad to know that you had a good birthday and ate more than your fair share. I had steak for dinner last night as well. It was a nice juicy tasty steak ever so slightly on the rare side. Sounds like you have some decent eating places around your new abode.

Michelle - Sorry, have to agree with Happy. Think they are trying to get you to go without making you redundant and having to pay out the redundancy pay. Are there any others with the same sort of problem? Get your cv up to date and start seriously looking. It's not going to be easy, but even if they decide you are now 'up to scratch' you will never feel safe again. Totally unfair, but that's business these days.

Ceejay - locking yourself out of the house. Did you burglarise it to get back in? Or do you have a hidden key?

Laura - I can totally agree on the quality of clothes these days. It's difficult to find a decent top for work purposes much less going out stuff. And I have noticed that when buying trousers the legs are not always the same length and even worse the short leg length is getting longer - or I am getting shorter because now I have to take them up. Or maybe they are now being made for 6-10 inch heels and my heels are less than 3. Can't say I have noticed a strange and chemical smell, but that might be from the manufacture of the fabric since just about everything is synthetic. I may just have to go to the designer shops and pick up a couple of business and good wear rather than go for lots of cheap stuff. I had to do it for shoes, why not suits, jeans and pants. But then again, I am not a size 2 or even 6 so maybe there is nothing out there for me.

Annie - not good to hear that the results were not as good as expected, but at least it wasn't the BigC. Good on Curtis. Painting ceilings is a tiring business whether you are up a ladder or scaffolding or standing on the floor using an extension roller. You still have your head straining backwards to look up and sometimes your mouth open as well to catch the drips

Better go check out the charging phone and then back to the bedroom to clean out some more. It's a cruel world in there.

Hunter Valley Gardens

Doesn't seem to want me to add more. Back later to do it again.

Last edited by Shad; 04-28-2012 at 06:07 PM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:30 PM   #227  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Shad
Unfortunately I had to break and enter my own apartment yesterday and today. Not sure why the key works before I leave but not when I come back!!!!!! I'm wondering if the land lord left me the right key!!!!!
Hope you get things straightened out for you living arrangements.

--------
I did accomplish a good cleaning of the living room. And rearranged a bit too. Still need to pick up a few bits and pieces of junk.

Think I'm going to stay at home more on the week ends to get some things done.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:25 AM   #228  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

MORNING CHICKS

THIS HAS BEEN A TERRIBLE FEW DAYS.
FRIDAY WAS FILLED WITH WHINING WORKERS,
THE PLUMBER ON THE HUNT FOR LEAKS,
A TENANTS FAMILY MAKING ACCUSATORY STATEMENTS THAT THEIR MOM'S JEWELRY IS BEING STOLEN, (we were all questioned) AND
A NEIGHBOR, RITA, ANNOUNCED SHE HAS PANCREATIC CANCER.
HOSPICE ARRIVED TO SEE HER THRU IT. SHE WANTS TO DIE HERE.
THE OFFICE ALREADY KNEW IT.
THE BUILDING IS HAVING A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN.
THEY WANT HER TO GO DIE AT THE HOSPITAL.
WHEN IT IS THEIR TIME I HOPE THE REMEMBER HOW THEY'RE ACTING.

SPENT MOST OF SATURDAY AGAIN WITH RITA AND THE PLUMBER.
I HAD TO CANCEL MY C-SCAN FOR TOMORROW.
MY WRIST IS STILL A BIT WONKY FOR MOVING ABOUT.

I WILL COME BACK WHEN I'M IN A BETTTER FRAME OF MIND
LET ME GET SOME COFFEE AND WAKE UP. BE BACK SOON
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:03 AM   #229  
Happy September

I FORGOT TO SAY THAT FRIDAY AT WORK WENT VERY WELL.
THE WOMAN DID EVERYTHING THAT CAME INSIDE THE OFFICE.
I FIELDED THE TENANTS AND OTHER STUFF OUTSIDE IN THE LOBBY.
SHE IS SO EASY TO WORK WITH.
SO THE DAY FLEW BY "OFFICE WISE".
THE MYSTERIOUS HOT WATER IS BACK AGAIN.
IT WAS A VALVE. YAY MEL!!!
SOMETIMES MEN DON'T THINK!!
A FEW MINOR LEAKS ARE FIXED BUT THERE IS STILL A DRIP COMING DOWN FROM ONE OF THE APARTMENTS IN A CORNER.
HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT DAY....INCLUDING ME

HAPPY.....YOUR DINNER & DAY SOUNDED VERY NICE.
NO COOKING IS ALWAYS A WELCOMED TREAT!!
DID YOU SHARE YOUR BD DINNER WITH MR BEAR?!?!?
I WOULD HAVE LOVED TO SEE HIM IN A PARTY HAT!!
TIME IS FLYING BY!! HOPE THE FAMILY FALL IN LOVE WITH THE HOUSE AND HAVE A BREAT TIME.

SHAD.....I AM VERY SORRY ABOUT SCREWING UP THE WEEKEND.
GLAD YOU HAD A NICE DINNER. HOW DID THE AWKWARDNESS GO??
DID IT LEAVE LIKE YOU THOUGHT THE NEXT DAY??
60 ACRES OF GARDENS MUST HAVE BEEN GORGEOUS!!! THAT WAS A NICE PRESENT TO YOURSELF.
LOVED THE BENCH BY THE FOUNTAIN. I COULD HAVE USED THAT PLACE TO RELAX!!
SO THE BIG T WANTS YOU BACK AGAIN NEXT WEEK....LOL...IS THAT BUSINESS OR PLEASURE??
SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE HOTEL DRAMA. BIG DIFFERENCE IN PRICES.
CAN'T ONE OF THE MINERS PUT YOU UP?!?!?

CEEJAY.....GLAD THE DR CAUGHT THE BRONCHITIS.
HOPE YOU ARE FEELING MUCH BETTER BY NOW.
TAKE THOSE MEDS AND TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOURSELF!
GLAD YOU GOT BACK INTO THE HOUSE!! BUT WHAT'S WITH THE KEY NOT WORKING????
WHAT A WEEK THIS HAS BEEN ALL AROUND!!

LAURA....I HVE COME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT MOST DOGS WILL EAT ANYTHING.
I CAUGHT ONE IN THE BUILDING FRIDAY EATING A TISSUE WHILE HIS SENILE OWNER WAS YAKKING AWAY TO ANOTHER MAN.
THE WEEKEND GETAWAY SOUNDS GREAT. HOPE YOU GET THE DAYS IN JUNE OFF
TOODLES TO YOU TOO

ANNIE....SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE PAIN AFTER THE TEST.
SORRY I WASN'T HERE TO SEND YOU A HUG.
HOPE THE REMOVAL OF THE POLYP GOES WELL.
WILL BE THINKING OF YOU THAT DAY FOR SURE.

MICHELLE....I AM SO GLAD THE DMIL WILL GET AWAY FROM THE DRAMA .
STUFF LIKE THAT IS TERRIBLE AT HER AGE. POOR WOMAN.
THANK GOD SHE HAS YOU & DH TO TURN TO.
CLOSER TO THE SISTER WILL BE SO NICE TOO.
I AM VERY SAD TO HEAR ABOUT THE MEETING.
JUST TELL YOURSELF IT IS WHAT IT IS AND GO TO THE NEXT STEP.
THEY'LL BE IMPRESSED WITH YOU WHEN YOU GET THE PLAN GOING. WAIT & SEE.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:31 AM   #230  

Morning every one.
Back to work for me. Things are quiet so far and hope they stay that way.

Mel
Hope the rest of your week end is quiet.

Happy
I saw the video of the bear on FB. That would have been an awsome sight. Please be careful, that bear is bigger than I thought. Glad you enjoyed your day.

------
Had a bit of a rough night when I went to bed. I slept on three stacked pillows due to wheezing. This morning I'm a lot better. To be on the safe side, I didn't lock the front door this morning but did set the ADT alarm. I gotta figure out what is going on with the lock. I know that they put it on upside down.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:05 AM   #231  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good Sunday morning ladies,

Looks like we have some nice spring weather in the week ahead. DH and I will set out in a bit to go for a drive and do something together. We have noticed some very large but gnarly trees that have alot of character in them. I pointed out one when we were travelling last week and DH agreed and said he's been noticing them too but did not make mention of them. So we will go look for some interesting ones to photograph.

I finally finished my data entry for the museum for just one of the two public calendars I was asked to work on. I submitted 146 entries over the past week, about 20 hours of work and each entry has to be approved by the chamber group. As of today I see 3 entries approved and on the calendar. I have a feeling this group is not as on the ball as the museum. I just don't want to waste all this time for nothing. And I have yet another website to submit updates too - that one's event entry process is even more complicated than this one. At this point I need to focus on getting the house ready for company as I don't want to do my usual wait until the last minute and go bonkers.

I am also waiting to call my sister. She called last night when I was in the shower. Mom is at her house right now - was diagnosed with attrial fibulation ? - irregular heartbeat last week and the doc wanted Mom to wear a heart monitor for a day so they can see the extent of the issue. The hospitals in the inner city where Mom lives are crap so she went out by my sister. Mom was on 2 kinds of blood pressure meds and the doc told her to try and get off the second one. Apparently when your body depends on b/p meds, any slight disruption sends the pressure in a herky jerky roller coaster wave. DH confirmed this himself. Last night Mom's pressure got really high and she asked to go to the hospital. I think Mom has sort of hit a bump on the health meter. She has 6 natural teeth left in her upper mouth, dentist said they are all in various states of decay and need to be pulled as she is starting to have problems with frequent abscesses. She only has sight in one eye due to macular degeneration and that good eye has a cataract that needs to be removed. She has diverticulitis which makes eating a challenge and her stomach is giving her more and more problems. Although still fiesty mentally she is getting more fragile as the years pass and her legs are rather weak now. She can make it across the road to the grocery store but can't stand for much more than an hour's shopping trip. Which also means she no longer can "hop the bus" to get about the neighborhood or go to the doctors since the bus schedule is slow and infrequent. I think she will be ok today - I would be more nervous had I not seen this with DH - it's just hard to get it stabilized again. I wanted to wait to call over to my sister's until 10 in case she spent a long night in the emergency waiting room. I told DH last night that I think my Mom is a sheet of paper width's away from having to make that decision that she can no longer live on her own. This is going to be a battle royale as she hates to give up her independence but I know she is worried about something happening when she is home alone. And the hospitals they would take her to are not ones that would give her good care. We shall see...

Sorry to take up so much time prattling on here.

Shad - I cannot believe that they expect you to pay for a 3 bedroom flat for one person! When I was working we all hated using the corporate travel agency - many of us felt we could get better deals on our own. Hope to see more pictures from the gardens you visited. Did you get outside after all?

Ceejay - scary thing with the wheezing. Is it allergy related? I always have one of those over the counter inhalers (Primatene Mist), some Breathe Easy Tea, an assortment of allergy pills and a hot shower with lots of steam for those nights when the wheezing gets to me. If this is related to the bronchitis, be careful - sometimes it warrants getting a breathing treatment at the emergency care if things get too tight and you keep coughing and coughing. I know how miserable that can be. And good golly Miss Molly - had to sleep with the door unlocked? I would be piling a big piece of furniture in front of it. I hope they get that fixed pronto!

Mel - I'm glad there is one person in the office who had a cool head and was helpful. They will probably fire this person. Haven't seen Mr. Bear in a couple of days - he was last seen walking southeast so maybe he's coming to visit you! I hope you have a good day today.

Michelle - sorry about the meeting, I was watching the tv show 20/20 Friday night. They had a woman on who wrote a book called Corporate Confidential. She was once an HR executive who found ways to support and execute the dirty agendas companies come up with nowadays until she tired of it and now decided no doubt to make her fortune "exposing" these secrets and going on the talk circuit. But it was interesting to listen to her. It's a shame how they steam roller good people. I'm sorry this is happening to you - you certainly don't need the stress.

Annie hope you are having a good weekend with your "babies" big and little

Hi Laura - is it time to get the bike out and hit the trails?

Ok, gotta go call my sister now. Have a good Sunday chicks.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:21 PM   #232  

Morning all- barely, LOL.

Happy - Glad you had a nice bday dinner - yes, I suppose I'd get the steak at a steakhouse, but since fresh fish is plentiful up there, the fish makes sense as well. Mmmm, ice cream cake! I hope your mother's BP gets stabilized quickly. This has happened to bf's mum as well, and I agree, it seems to take a bit of time. So have you been laying the groundwork for your mother to change living arrangements, or is this the beginning? Good luck with that. Re the dust ruffle - yeh, these new beds that don't have traditional box springs cause problems with the dust ruffle. I don't think our bed's platform allows the ruffle to be pinned to something to make it fit better. But I do need a ruffle - I have a couple under-bed boxes to hide. No, not bicycling weather yet. I'm not even riding to the train station yet!

Ceejay - Sorry the wheezing was bad last night. My allergy/asthma doc gave me a Rx inhaler to use as needed, which luckily isn't frequently. Maybe your doc should do the same? Hope work is staying quiet for you.

Michelle - Sorry your meeting didn't have the best outcome and that you're subject to the improvement plan. I hope this is an earnest plan to help you improve and retain your job and not just a CYA exercise needed to document your file for termination. Good you're looking at other options.

Shad - Nice photo - that looks like a nice place to sit and relax and be calmed by the sound of the fountain. What a PITA w/ the lodging - hope you find a more appropriate space. Glad you got a bit of down time at home this weekend.

Mel - Sounds like a mixed bag the past couple days for you. Glad the office employee was helpful and the hot water issue was resolved! So sad about Rita - I hope she gets to stay at home, but the building is thinking of their liability with her staying there in her condition.

Hellos to the rest of the Worldies! Hope you're having good weekends!
---
Sad news - my friend's father passed away yesterday morning. She's now lost both parents and her husband in the span of about 6-7 years. I think she thought her dad would have more time...

Saturday I purged a huge stack of catalogs and brought themin two trips out to the recycling bin in the garage so bf wouldn't have to hoist the heavy "intermediary" bin we keep for convenience right out our kitchen door in the 3-season room. After that I got out for errands, then returned home to make some Italian veggie soup. Then it was a dog walk, and w/ bf a birthday gathering with friends of the family.

Spent some time w/ the papers this morning, then two BE workouts and a couple loads of laundry. The backlog of bedding and towel laundry has now been worked down, but there's still a load of rags (mostly paw-wiping cloths) and dish towels to address.

Definitely getting to the library today to pick up the next Doc Martin dvds - series 4 I think - along with the "Cardio-Free Diet" book. Well, I stopped at two stores during yesterday's errands and tried on some tops, but it was no-go for any of them. That means more shopping. Bah. I think I must really be out of step with the times because the more loud, garish prints, sequined and bejeweled or otherwise decorated, butterfly sleeved and no-sleeved stuff I see at the stores, the more i want a simple solid colored stretch top to wear under a cardigan or blazer. The tops I see are inappropriate for the workplace and the sleeveless ones would definitely require something worn over them to be presentable and to keep one warm in the AC'd summer office. Perhaps I need to give those alleged no-iron button-down blouses a try after all.

Okay, enough whining about my wardrobe woes, off to have another spot of tea. And it's not morning anymore, so good afternoon to all of you, and everyone enjoy the rest of your day.

Last edited by Laura705; 04-30-2012 at 07:48 AM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:00 AM   #233  
Happy September

IF AT ALL POSSIBLE....YESTERDAY WAS WORSE THAN FRIDAY.
"Hello, my name is ______ and I have permission from the office to move in on a Sunday." WHAT????
BIG FOUL UP.....AND ANOTHER FOUL UP WITH THE GAS & ELEC COMPANY.
THEY WERE TOLD THE WRONG APT # BY THE TENANT TWICE!
THANK GOD MY NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOR FOUND THE GUY THE 2ND TIME AND BROUGHT HIM TO ME.

I WOULD SAY THEY FINISHED UP ABOUT 7:30 LAST NIGHT.
some TENANTS HAD TO GET INTO THE ACT AND A SCREAMING MATCH WAS HELD IN THE LOBBY. WTF??? WAS THERE A FULL MOON LAST NIGHT???
TOLD THEM ALL I AM NOT TAKING SIDES...JUST HERE TO RUN THE ELEVATOR AND GET THE ELECT COMPANY OUT OF HERE SO I CAN GO TO BED!!
Ahhhhhhhh....THEN THERE WAS SILENCE.

TALKED TO THE BOSS AND SAID IF THIS CRAP CONTINUES I AM OUTTA HERE AND THE KEYS WILL BE ON HER DESK ALONG WITH THE CEL PHONE.
THERE HAD BETTER NOT BE ANYMORE SURPRISES.

LOTS OF REPORTS TO MAKE AND A TENANT'S SON IS PRESSING THE "STOLEN ITEMS" ISSUE.
I HAVE WASH IN THE WASHER RIGHT NOW AND WILL BE BACK LATER TO CATCH UP WITH YOU GALS.
HAVE A GREAT DAY....LOTS OF SUN HERE FOR NOW

Last edited by MELODY525; 04-30-2012 at 08:02 AM.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:46 AM   #234  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone -

No time for personals...I'm taking the day off to get some website work done and more cleaning done, and also to rest my back from the weekend's cleaning. I did hire help to do the floors so that was good.

I'll be back online later this afternoon.

Once I get back to work tomorrow, I'll be super busy playing catch up.

Love,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:37 AM   #235  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

Last day of April. Been at the new place 6 months - time is really flying by. My Mom is doing ok, in the hospital for a couple of days so they can stabilize her. Docs in ER said they should not have left her with no follow up after her own doctor changed her meds and found the heart fib issue. I'm just very grateful that she did not have a massive stroke which is what could have happened if left unchecked. I told her she NEEDS to let us know when she is feeling twinges or aches or anything unusual so it can be addressed. Let the doctors tell her it is nothing of concern and no one will think she is a hypochondriac nor is she bothering anyone.

DH and I went for a really nice long drive yesterday scoping out some ATV trails. We went deep into the forest area north of us and then tried to find some place to eat. Several places we stopped at were closed - this was "cleaning weekend" - many of the lakeside resorts open next week for the seas

on and everyone is getting busy cleaning out the cabins and such. We also by chance stopped at one place advertising pontoon boat rentals on a big lake and met the most adorable couple who own a small 4 cabin resort on the lake. Very nice people - they showed us around and we talked with them for almost an hour. They have a gorgerous place full of bird calls (very busy feeders), and the peaceful sounds of water lapping on the shore.

We wound up coming all the way back to town for supper - just a burger and fries at a local place and the fries talked back to me all evening long. They weren't THAT good either

Today dawned rainy and dreary but the clouds are breaking up and it's getting sunny again. We are supposed to have a nice week with a chance of rain the next few days. Who knows what that will bring. Time to get started on the garden and I need to focus on getting the house ready for company.

Michelle - hope you have a productive day off. Glad you got some help with getting the house in order. You're too right about running like mad trying to get caught up after a day off. Have a good one.

Mel - the more I see of my Mom, the more I don't envy you with a building full of them. I think they require more upkeep than 3 year olds! Good for you for standing your ground with the office. I will join you in a laundry fest shortly. Left overs for dinner this week - how about you?

Ceejay - how are you feeling with the bronchitis?

Laura - sorry to hear about your friend's Dad. Sometimes I wonder how people find the strengths to carry one when they have such sadness one right after the other. Especially hard too when you hear a diagnosis and they are gone quickly - you don't even get a chance to process the news before you have to deal with that blow. I agree with you on the clothes assessment. I think the classic look has gone away in favor of the younger, more "bright and breezey" look - especially for summer. I have always favored bright colors but it's too garish even for me. And I don't think people dress up for work much any more either which makes it even more difficult. I would tend to agree that spending a bit more for classic, well tailored clothes would be far better than at today's department stores. I have been trying for the last 10 minutes to remember the store I want to recommend and it just eludes me TALBOT'S. That's it. But they and Jones New York are both super pricey - but that's always been the way it is. I would occasionally shop Marshall Field's when they had good sales and I have to say - the better made clothing really does fit and hold up so much better.

And I didn't give much thought to the pants being overly long until Shad mentioned about the sky high heels that are in fashion right now. I HATED it when platform shoes were in style - had to hack off half of the length of my pants. Can't imagine what they are like now.

Anyway I have babbled enough. Hellos and Happy Mondays to the chicks who have not checked in yet. Will catch up later. Bye now...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:54 AM   #236  

The internet is slow today for some reason.

My bronchitis is getting better but seems I still have a lot of drainage to contend with and it's leaving a lot of congestion in my throat. Used Vapor Rub last night and it seems to have lossened up some of the congestion in the bronchial area. Also used the humidifier and put it directly beside the bed. I may call the doctor again for another appointment even though he said it would take 14 days to get rid of this.

Mel
Remember to put a note on the door.

Happy
Sad to hear that your mom is having some health problems. Will she still be able to come for a visit. Concerned about my aunt and uncle, they haven't called in a couple of weeks. She was to have minor procedure done. Think I'll call her tonight.

Michelle, Laura and Annie: hello
Old 04-30-2012, 06:46 PM   #237  
Happy September

OH CRAP......I LOST MY POST.
SOMEHOW I CLOSED DOWN IE!!!!!!!!!!!!
JUST KNOW MY THOUGHTS ARE WITH ALL OF YOU.
TIRED AND GOING INTO THE SHOWER.
I HAVE A LOT OF JUNK TO CLEAR AWAY TOMORROW SO
I AM POSTING TONITE.
HAVE A GREAT EVENING. GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE.

CEEJAY I HOPE YOU GET BETTER SOON. ONE OF OUR MAINTENANCE MEN MUST HAVE PUT YOUR LOCK ON....UPSIDE DOWN IS ABOUT THEIR SPEED

HAPPY, YOU CAN VOLUNTEER AFTER THE MOM GOES HOME!!
CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE GNARLY TREES.
I LOVE STUFF LIKE THAT.

LAURA....IT'S THE TENANTS DON'T WANT HER DYING HERE. THE OFFICE IS FINE WITH IT. LOL I NEVER THOUGHT OF GETTING THE DOC MARTIN TAPES FROM THE LIBRARY...DUH!! THANK YOU FOR THE IDEA.

MICHELLE, HOPE YOUR BACK IS FEELING BETTER AND YOU GOT EVERYTHING DONE YOU WANTED TOP DO.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:29 PM   #238  

Morning all,
Notice I did not say good!!!!!

Everything seems to be going to **** in a handcart round here. Think I will have to stop asking questions since I don't like the answers I am getting.

Happy - sorry to hear about Mum. It happens but that doesn't make it any easier. If she has to go into care, will you or your sister look after her or will you source a care home?
That lake and its birds sounds really nice. Good place for a visit.
I don't pay for my accommodation, the project pays for that, but that is no reason to waste the travel budget. I am currently checking out other places to see what is available. There may even be a one bedroom place in the complex available. The way that the corporate travel place works is that they don't care a fig about what it costs since the more it costs, the greater commission they get. I may yet get to book my own flights and accommodation and just charge it back. Easier all round and I don't get stressed with the small stuff.

Michelle - hoping that you manage to get all you want done before going back to work. Seems like a real hamster wheel that you are on.

Mel - You are sounding like I feel today. Everything I touch turns to cr*p. We will catch up at some stage soon.

Ceejay - It's always fun breaking into your own house. Even worse if you have alarms set and they go off.

Laura - Clothes, I just hate buying them these days. Nothing seems to fit right and I am not that big - bigger than I want to be but.........
Sad to here about another death in the friends family. Poor thing. She will be feeling really bereft now.
I liked Doc Martin most of the time, and especially since I had been to the little town in Cornwall where that is filmed. However it got a little unbelievable towards the end and I am presuming there will not be another series. But don't worry, the Brits will come up with something just as good in time. I do like their comedies and comedy/ drama programs. They always think outside the box.

Annie - probably busy or snowed under.

Time for Patty and Mary to make their monthly appearance.

And saying that, it is probably time for a new thread. Annie had some sort of title for it. I had better go back and look.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:51 PM   #239  

Don't Post here anymore. Go to http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/supp...ml#post4315105
for all the latest and greatest.