Old 04-21-2012, 03:09 PM   #166  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Shaddie..I mailed you a birthday card, but didn't do it till yesterday...so I apologize for the late greeting...the sentiments are there however...and hope your BD is AWESOME!!

MELLIE...I hate reading your posts to me while I am drinking a glass of wine cause I have no FN idea what you are talking about...so I will go back later, read my post, then read yours again...roflmao...at..That means AT YOU!!
Really laughing at me!!

HAPPY...love the turkey. So sad to hear his plight with his women friends and the embarrassment of laughter at his actions...I feel sad for him. Poor fella....he is just trying to make a connection. Bless his heart. You know me, the emotional worldlie, ready to cry for the sad.

CHELLE...hope all is well with you...loves and extra hugs to you and DH...worried bout you both...

Hey to all the worldlies.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 03:51 AM   #167  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

At the airport and on my way to Singleton via Newcastle. Anyone who has been in the NSW region or who drinks Australian wine will recognise it as the Hunter Vally - home of many fine wines and vineyards. Unfortunately, I am going to the mines not the vines.

Can't do much in the way of personals right now. No time. Will try for when I get to my apartment tonight but that will be nearly ten oclock so maybe, maybe not

Annie - the turkeys plight is not unusual. Poor old Tom. He will win out but only when the ladies feel like it. Unlike the white Peacock that I saw up north who had no time for the Peahens, only Ducks on the lake. Good luck with that I say.

Anyway, might be time to go get some food and then toddle on down to the gate for my flight. Have a good rest of weekend ladies.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:38 AM   #168  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

HAPPY EARTH DAY CHICKLETTES.
DON'T FORGET TO HUG A TREE TODAY!!

HAD A GREAT RAIN STORM LAST NIGHT ABOUT 11PM AND
I FELL RIGHT TO SLEEP!
YESTERDAY WAS JUST GORGEOUS OUTSIDE.
A TINY BIT CHILLY BUT IT FELT GOOD TO BE OUT ANYWAY.
THIS MORNING I WEIGHED IN AT 187.
THAT'S 4.5 LBS DOWN FROM LAST WEEK'S 191.5
THE WATER IS FINALLY LEAVING. FEET ARE LOOKING MUCH BETTER.
HOPEFULLY THE BP IS GOING DOWN ALSO.
WE'LL SEE NEXT MONTH WHEN DR MARC COMES BACK.
HE'S HOPING THE WEIGHTLOSS FROM THE HOSP GOT THE METABOLISM GOING.
THEN MAYBE I COULD LOSE A FEW LBS MORE
QUIET WEEKEND. PLUMBER & I FINISHED ABOUT 7:30.
THAT SEEMS TO BE HIS FAVORITE TIME
I NEED SOME REST FOR THE BUSY UPCOMING WEEK.
ON TO THE TV & BREAKFAST
HAVE A GREAT DAY

ANNIE.....HOW WELL I KNOW THE FEELING OF DROPPING USEFUL ITEMS OFF.
I HANG PIRATE BOOTY BAGS ON THE DOOR WHEN I KNOW THE KIDS ARE ON THEIR WAY HOME
THANK YOU AGAIN FOR THE GOODIE BOX. IT WILL BE PUT TO GREAT USE!
GLAD THE FAMILY GOT TO SPEND ONE ON ONE TIME.
IT'S ESPECIALOLY GOOD FOR DAD.
SOMETIMES THEY CAN GET OVERWHELMED & NEED THAT CLOSE CONTACT.
PS: NEVER FEAR.....HALF THE TIME I DON'T KNOW WHAT I AM SAYING!!!!!!!!!!!!
JUST DON'T WASTE THE WINE SPITTING IT ALL OVER THE SCREEN!!

SHAD......MAYBE WE CAN GET HAPPY'S OLD TOM A BLOW UP BIRDIE!!
SOMETHING MORE WILLING TO ACCOMMODATE HIM
HOPE THE TRAVELS TO THE MINES WITH NO VINES WAS UNEVENTFUL!!
HAVE A SUPER WEEK

Last edited by MELODY525; 04-22-2012 at 07:42 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:00 AM   #169  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good Sunday morning chicks,

Yesterday was Earth Day and I didn't even plant a tree of course there are lots of trees here already. The stove guy came out and it turns out we paid $100 for a service call for nothing. He fluffed out the rope of insulation on the oven door - it has gotten pressed flat while the house was sitting empty for 6 months. Checked the oven temperature - it was accurate. We had bought another oven thermometer and both it and the one that was in there showed 250 degrees when the oven clicked off of pre-heat mode. We thought that was off but the guy said those oven thermometers take a longer time to get the correct reading - which was true because 30 minutes later they read 350 degrees. He said we smelled what we thought was propane (which wasn't) when the oven was on because the oven was not exhausted (vented not tired ) - if we run the exhaust fan from the microwave above it will take care of that. So the good news is that nothing is wrong, just a bummer we had to spend $100 to find that out. The carpet cleaning people ran very late from their prior job so that didn't happen. I made some baked walleye fish for supper and DH watched Girl With the Dragon Tatoo and I talked to Mom and sister on the phone. And that was about it. I have $30 in gift cards to use so we will have to make the hour trek to the next town to use them up. Looking to get some wall clocks for the loo.

Got your card yesterday Annie. Thanks very much!

Congrats on the pounds down Mel - that has to be a good feeling. Keep up the good work! Seems to be no end to the problems with the water. It's a shame those people in the office can't work together to get things done. Sounds like our government in Washington DC ! It's a good thing that you can feel more distanced from it - means you won't get fooled again into handling their responsibitities.

Shad - I'm sure you'd rather be in wine country than mine country. Hope you have a week to keep you interestingly busy. Is this a new area you are going to? I see more and more Australian wines on the shelf. Seems to be a booming export business ... then again, perhaps I was just not paying much attention as I tended to drink only one type and brand of wine

Annie - I told DH that Mr. Turkey needs to woo his ladies instead of just running behind them and jamming it in I'm sure when the time is right, he gets what he needs It looks like most of the strutting we see is him looking big and fierce to protect his women from those deer that insist on coming into his yard. It was good of you to drop off a care package for Lil Monkey. I thought Sissy was working with you? Was that just a temporary thing or did she decide to stay home and Mommy for a while? Gotta be rough - those kidlets sure do grab the money out of one's wallet - just like a house - always needing something and always a bit more than what you budget for...

I guess I should go and get ready if I want DH to drive, nothing more frustrating that waiting on someone. Have a good Sunday all.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:39 AM   #170  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Sunday ladies -

it's been a busy weekend so far...and so much to get done today. So I've made a promise to myself to do what I can until my back needs a break...then come here and post...and then do some more.

Hope you're all doing well.

Love,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 12:19 PM   #171  
Happy September

HAPPY.....TODAY IS EARTH DAY!! YOU STILL HAVE TiME TO PLANT A TREE FOR MY SQUIRREL FRIENDS!! ROFLMAO
SORRY THE OVEN WAS A BUST BUT YOU KNOW HOW TO VENT IT NOW.
SOME OF THE SENIORS HERE COULD USE SOME EXHAUSTING!
HOPE YOU'RE HAVING A GOOD DAY OUT TODAY AND HAVE FUN WHEN SPENDING THE GIFT CARDS.

MICHELLE...HOPE YOU FIND SOME DOWN TIME.
AT PRESENT I AM IGNORING MY UPPER BODY
BUT I HOPE YOU GET SOME RELIEF THERE AS WELL AND THAT THE DH IS FEELING OK.

Last edited by MELODY525; 04-22-2012 at 12:21 PM.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:41 PM   #172  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Mmmm - wonder what happened to my post. I did post.

Can't go through it all again.

Good morning from soggy Ashton. *sigh*, everywhere I go, it rains
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:57 AM   #173  
Happy September

RAINING CATS & DOGS HERE TOO.
BUT THEN WEE NEEDED THIS BIG TIME.
HAD A BEAUT OF A STORM LAST NIGHT.
YESTERDAY I HAD A FIGhT WITH MY VACUUM CLEANER AND WON.
TODAY I SEE MY HAND IS ALL SCREWED UP AND THE VACUUM REALLY WON
NOT SURE WHAT THE BOSS WILL SAY. I STRAINED IT GOOD THIS TIME.
I CANNOT HOLD A PEN, A PHONE OR TYPE.....ONLY PINKIE FINGER DOESN'T HURT.
VERY HARD TO TRANSFER ALSO.
I CAN GO TO THE AFTERNOON/EVENING MEETINGS THOUGH.
SHE MIGHT BE GLAD. SHE WANTED TO POSTPONE THE WORK.
ANYWAY...IT IS WHAT IT IS.
NOW WHERE DID I PUT THAT BUBBLE WRAP????
HAVE A GOOD DAY.

SHAD.....WE'RE SOGGY OVER HERE TOO
HOPE YOU DRY OUT SOON!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 04-23-2012 at 06:58 AM.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:12 AM   #174  
Happy September

I FORGOT TO SAY.......
I EXERCISED 30 MINUTES ON MON, TUES, WEDS, THURS & SAT.
I MISSED FRIDAY WITH THE PLUMBER SO I MADE IT UP LAST NIGHT.
2 1/2 HRS TOTAL
Old 04-23-2012, 09:15 AM   #175  
Creating a Healthier Me

Hi everyone -

I have missed you all so much. I was really hoping to get back to the site yesterday afternoon...but I really overdid it on the yard work and house work, and I was in so much pain and so very tired...that I just had to lie down. In fact getting into my car this morning was a challenge as my lower back and legs are quite sore. Today after work, I will finish tidying up the guest room for DMIL so that all that's left is vacuuming and washing the bedding.

DH is seeing the pulmonologist today to see if/when he can go back to work...and he's also seeing a cardiologist because some his CT scan showed some calcification in one of his arteries and he wants to get it checked out. He's reached his out of pocket maximum for the year and since he's still off work...he figures now's as good a time as any to get it checked out. Plus, he wants to see if the reduced oxygen since August has caused any heart damage.

He really wants to get back to work, and they want him back as soon as he can, but I'm worried because he still gets winded walking to the mail box or filling the 5 bird feeders in the backyard.

Shad - Happy Belated Birthday!

Happy - I love the photos of the wildlife.

Annie - Thanks for the card!

Mel - Well done on the exercise and the weight loss!!

A big to everyone else.

I've got to run to a meeting.

Much love to all,
Old 04-23-2012, 10:22 AM   #176  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good Monday morning ladies,

Had to get up early - 6:30 this morning to go run over to the doctor's for a blood test to test my thyroid levels. In and out. Took longer to defrost the car windows than it did to get to the office, draw the blood and get back home There was a heavy mist over the lake area which was pretty and things sure do warm up quickly once the sun comes out. There was a mallard duck scraping up the last of the seed in the yard this morning and DH pointed out that our bird feeder was knocked out of the tree and completely emptied out. There is only one critter that will do that - it means Mr. Bear is still roaming around. I have a bunch of things to do today but I think I'm going to do laundry, put a chuck roast in the crock pot and spend the better part of the day working on the data entry stuff for the volunteer project I am doing for the museum. The book Michelle recommended about the dog came in to the library but unfortunately the library doesn't open until 10 and I was just down the street at the doctor's office at 8 so I'll have to make another trip out. Busy day ahead.

Michelle - sounds like you are pushing yourself very hard. I know you have alot to do but please make sure you don't wind up flat on your back with problems. The stress of things going on in general also probably has you wound up tighter than a spring and isn't helping much. I guess if you are doing all this it means DMIL is about to breeze back into town. Geez it did not occur to me that DH might have heart problems related to the lack of oxygen but that makes perfect sense. I continue to keep you both in my prayers for good health for both of you...

Shad - it's funny you talk about bringing the rain where ever you go. I remember when you talked of drought - so the rain should be a good thing. Just make sure your feet don't start looking like a ducky. Are you in a new site now? I got a little concerned when I saw Michelle's note - your birthday is not until Wednesday - maybe she's a week ahead of herself! Will the new trainees be throwing you a party? Will probably not be hard to entice them to take you out for a sip or two

Annie - thank you for the birthday card - can't remember if I already mentioned that. And the post office thanks you for singlehandedly trying to support them lately

Mel - I'm sorry that the vacumn snake won the battle in the long run. We have to get you one of those "dust busters on a stick" type vacs. They do a decent enough job and should roll as easily as your chair. Take care of that arm - no finger wagging at the office people. In fact don't even raise an arm to them. Hope you feel better

Hello to the rest of the Worldlies, I'll come back later and catch up with personals. Hope you all had a good weekend.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:55 AM   #177  

Morning all.

Shad - Hope it dries out for you. So much rain gets depressing after a while. Sure hope it isn't so much that there are worries of flooding...

Michelle - Sorry your back is hurting after all that work over the weekend. Hope it feels better soon. Good for dh to get the tests done, especially since he has the time and won't be out of pocket for it. I hope there's no heart damage!!

Mel - Sorry you hurt your hand!! With you and Michelle hurting, it just goes to show that housework and yardwork is to be avoided as much as possible!! Great job on the exercise!!!

Happy - Hope you enjoyed spending the gift card money! On the flipside of your repairman visit - glad you didn't really have anything wrong w/ the oven and that you only had to cough up $100 - coulda been worse. Did you like the movie? I liked the books and the movies (Swedish versions too), but the subject matter is rather disturbing, so I can see how some people might not like them.

Annie - As usual, reading your post made me feel a) tired and b) slothful. So nice of you to keep Sis and Lil' guy supplied - I honestly don't know how people afford kids these days! Nice you enjoyed some family time w/ dad and bros. I didn't realize two of the bros are so nearby - and I can't recall - there's a third who lives out of town??

Ceejay - Hope you had a great time in MO w/ the family - did you get to spend any time w/ the little ones??

Patty - Hope you got some nice "me time" this weekend. You sounded stressed!

Hi Mary!
---
Well, back to the grind. Weekend was so-so. Saturday I did some laundry and a BE workout, then bf and I had lunch and ran a couple errands. Dropped by the book sale at the library and bought another of the America's Test Kitchen cookbooks - this one with a jillion recipes from their "Cook's Illustrated" magazine.

In the evening we went to dinner with a dozen people for my friend's bday. One person was a guy I briefly dated in HS, LOL. Hadn't seen him in forever, but he's still the same way he was, Mr. know-it-all, which is why it was brief haha. Otherwise, the food and company was good. Afterwards we went to another place for some post-dinner drinks and that was fun, and we also watched the end of the Hawks playoff game. Much preferred that over a club where you can't hear yourself talk. I'm feeling bad for my friend and her sis because her father is sick and lives out of state and she's having a hard time dealing with being so far away when he's going through this.

Sunday I read the papers and did more laundry. In the afternoon was another visit to the book sale (we got there shortly before closing yesterday and I wanted to look some more). I ended up with 8 paperbacks, including the first Harry Potter. I figured for a quarter I could read a little bit of it and see what the fuss was all about, LOL.

Doggy wouldn't eat his breakfast and later on he vomited more than once, and so he's having some sort of tummy troubles. We're just hoping he didn't eat something that will cause a blockage or other serious problem. In the house we're very careful not to leave around stuff he might eat, but he occasionally will scarf down a kleenex or paper towel we've mistakenly left unattended. Those don't seem to cause problems because they break down pretty easily. It's what's out in the yard that concerns me. There are two houses with kids behind us, so we never know what might come over the fence. We think that's where Coal found a sock(!) one time which he swallowed when I went to take it away from him. Since we caught that right away we were able to give him something to make it come back up. But whatever he might have eaten Saturday evening or Sunday morning, we have no idea what or when and that's what's worrying us. Hope his belly was just irritated from eating grass or something... He was otherwise normal on his walk and behavior yesterday, and I did have to pick up after him, so I'm hopeful it's nothing serious. We fed him about half of his food later in the day and that didn't stay down, so we've been withholding food since then. Bf will give him a very small amount of food around noon today and see how that goes...

Watched the entire third series/season of Doc Martin yesterday late afternoon/evening - they are only 7 or 8 shows long. Going to get the next one from the library this week I hope. I just love the beautiful Cornwall England setting.

Okay, better stop rambling and get back to work. Tonight will be either a gym workout or a BE workout. Might watch some of the Hawks game - it's another do or die game for them. Go Hawks!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:16 PM   #178  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Afternoon/Evening Chickies....

Monday, Monday.....getting ready for an enrollment for a Transport company. Had to put together 75 packets of information...besides printing all the 5 different spec sheets, quote and application, then stuffing the packets, it only took me about 1.5 hours to get that all done. Tomorrow should be fun! I actually like doing all that.

Curtis is on vacation this week. Today he went fishing. He is actually bringing his catch home, cleaning it then I am going to make baked crusted fish. I am so excited to be eating fresh fish. Tomorrow he is working on his honey do list, Wednesday I will be off as he is taking me for my colonscopy. YIK. It has been 5 years since the last one. I am due. Last time I was clean as a whistle not even one polyp. Thursday he is going fishing again with a different buddy, Friday I am taking the day off and we are going to do somthing, haven't decided on fun or stuff around the house yet. We may take dad up to visit the momma's grave as it will be two years since her passing.....look I said that without crying. Yeah Me!! Saturday we are babysitting lil man as Samantha and Chris are going to a wedding at 5. It is one of Chris's BFs from grade/HS so it will be a bash of a reception. Yes, lil man is spending the night with Nanny...lol. After we pick lil man up on Saturday we are going over to Petersberg KY for my Grand Neice's BD, she will be 3, Jocelyn Ann. We are also celebrating my nephew's (Jocie's daddy) BD. He will be 37. Sunday rest and relaxation????? Probably not. More work around the house.

We got the fire pit dug and part way stoned. We will finish that this week. Curtis and I went over to one brothers house to get the stone and then to my other bro's house to get firewood he did not want/need. It was already chopped and stacked...yahooo...very easy to obtain that way.

Still need to start on the garden but too cold and freezy at night. Have a few more weeks before that HAS to be done...no worries there. Need to get front flower bed and rock bed up to snuff. I did get part of the rockway weeded last week. It looks pretty good. Need to spary yard for weeds yet. It doesn't look all that bad actually.

Still have painting the inside of the house on the list to do yet. Curtis said he wanted to do that himself. Like break a leg, I hate painting. Ceilings will be white and walls will be a light light gray.

Want to get the majority of this stuff done before June 11 when we will be celebrating my dad's 85th birthday at the house with a cookout. I am doing brats, dogs and burgers. Pineapple upside down cake for his BD cake. Then making all dad's favorite side trimmings...baked beans, potato salad, chocolate chip cookies, etc etc...all stuff I can't stand. Good diet day for me.

LAURA....I never had any problems with HB eating too many items she wasn't supposed to and the one or two times she did, it always came out the other end by itself. Lucky I guess. Isn't it funny to see old BFs and wonder what all the fuss is and why we ever dated them. I went through that a couple of summers ago. Good memory...yep...two brother's live close the other one lives in Illinois about 30 minutes from St. Louis...in Shiloh, IL near the AF base.

SHADDIE...sorry you lost your post...probably got flooded out of the computer in soggy Ashton. Keep on your rain gear~stay dry.

HAPPY...you are welcome for the BD card and I hope you have a wonderful day on the 27th I believe. I hear bears can be a real pest and I guess you are living it. Just look all around before you exit your house...kinda of like looking both ways before crossing the street. lol I fixed roast beef in the crockpot over the weekend also...we are getting back on track with our meals..lol...we have having fish tonight which I think you has a couple of days ago....Great minds think alike I guess.

CHELLE...I am still praying for you and DH for better/great health. Poor dears, with all your lung and back troubles. It must be exhausting. Also praying for a great outcome from your meeting with the bosses tomorrow. Stand your ground, be extra kind and sweet about it, don't lose your cool, if that doesn't work be sure to take a loaded squirt gun with motor oil in it and squirt them in the eyes. HUGS!!

MELLIE...saw on the weather channel that you all were getting hit kind of hard with rain/possible snow?? Yikes. Stay in and stay warm, and MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS...stay away from the office. Sorry the battle of the vacuum went badly. Here is the bright side...you have another hand and more fingers....You got sunshine on a cloudy day!!! Hey to Jen and Richie.

CEEG...how was the weekend? Aren't you on vacation? My memory sucks on most days. Stay safe sista!

Guess I better get this posted before I lose it....

Thought of a great thread for next month...

***Melliedays in May for all the Worldlies....***

Love, hugs and prayers....
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:23 PM   #179  
Creating a Healthier Me

DH called me...the cardiologist gave him a clean bill of health (at least in terms of his heart). No issues with his heart at all. They even made him do a stress test on the treadmill...he did great except that his lungs gave out before his heart. He'll be going to the pulmonologist's office in about an hour or so.

Annie - Sounds like Chris has a nice week planned! And what a fun weekend you two have to look forward to. No fun on Wednesday though...I turn the big 5-0 in September so I guess I have the butt checkup to look forward to...NOT! Still I think I'd rather go through that than my meeting tomorrow!

Mel - Housework sucks and can be so dangerous! I still want to have a clone do all my housework and everything else I don't enjoy. LOL Hope the pain eases up soon, my sista.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:11 PM   #180  

Michelle - Good news re DH's cardiology appt. Hope the pulmonary one went as well. Well, no clones darnit, so give that cleaning lady a call! No more overdoing it sistah.

Happy - Mmmm, pot roast.

Annie - Don't forget to post a photo of the completed fire pit! Sounds like a busy week coming up. Hope Curtis has a good fishing day tomorrow and Thurs. and has a good catch for you to turn into a yummy meal. After the colonoscopy on Wed, definitely do something FUN on Friday!!
---
Got an e-mail alert today from a business mag I subscribe to - one blurb was re a guy opening a new training center in the burbs and expanding his one in the city. Get this - he advocates a cardio-free fitness regime! You all know that's right up my alley! I read a little bit on his site and it's primarily about increasing your metabolism by building muscle through strength training. His name is Jim Karas and I'm going to borrow his book "The Cardio-Free Diet" from the library and learn some more. Link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B004JZWMO4

BTW, doggy did okay with limited food, vet confirmed feeding small amounts and waiting an hour to see that all was well before repeating every few hours. Oh, and to water down the dry food, wait a bit, and serve it mushy so the kibbles don't irritate his stomach.

Okay, time to close shop and get outta here. Did I mention I'm still monkeying with the settings on my new work laptop? All the stuff you customize has to be reset. Boo. And I ended up getting a new mouse today because the old one would go dead at random times, and it only came back if I disconnected and reconnected it.

TTFN!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote