Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2003, 08:10 AM   #16  
Ginny

Good morning all,

Terry, maybe it's just a fluke.. gaining those 2 pounds.. maybe your scale was having a bad day, just pretend it didnt' happen and keep doing what you know you should be doing,and next time you step on the scale, it will be back like it should be.. stay positive..

Meg, hurrrayyyy... down a whole size and getting new clothes... that is terrific.. keep that good feeling,,

Coolmom, I hear you on the acclimitizing to the new hours,, I still come home from working all day on my feet and doze off around 8 when I finally sit down for a bit... this getting old is the pits.. but I better get used to it soon, another 6 weeks and I'll be working 10 hr. days, 7 days a week...

Grandma G. hope all is going well with you, and everyone else.
I've been staying op.. and getting in more exercise.. been doing a lot more walking at work too. Yesterday we put in a jazz tape and were moving while we planted... my hips are sore today.. but its a good soreness, if you know what I mean. and I'm sure you all do. We also have been going from one house to another, we have 17 of them to fill,, so we do get around..which is good.

I'm going to an estate sale this morning when I finish my book work, and out of town shopping this afternoon. They are my rewards for being good all week. Also, we went out for fish again last night,,, and the scale was still good to me this morning...so I am still feeling good about my plan. Just hope I see the results I am hoping for come Easter...

Dahlia
Old 03-17-2003, 07:31 AM   #17  
Connecticut

Morning Gang!!

'Tis Monday -- up and attem everyone!

Wow, it was 63 deg yesterday and everyone was in spring fever mode and itching to do yard work -- unfortunately, there's still snow on the ground ! Although, a lot melted and it's suppossed to be a nice week with temps 50s-60s so hopefully we'll be seeing grass soon.

Tough weekend with food but I have noticed my clothes fit so much better so I am not too down in the dumps. Really psyched to continue with exercise despite my slacking off with food so all is not lost in the motivation dept.

Sorry I didn't get around to posting over the weekend -- worked Saturday and did errands on Sunday. Chris (17 yr old son) needed new contacts and glasses, had to return a bum walkman, other errands, etc. Busy Sunday -- didn't get to the grocery store so that's on the agenda after work today. No rest for the wicked!

Dahlia, sounds like fun planting and putzing to jazz tunes! I love jazz and blues myself. And, of course, nothing like the oldies cranked up high! Hope you find some good stuff at the estate sale -- fun to browse even if you don't.

Bike riding! Cathy, I have not been on a bike in mucho, mucho years and would probably end up with broken legs. You live in such a beautiful area -- I imagine you can find some really scenic routes to bike through. You're close enough to ride into town too aren't you? Be careful!!

Butter is a red light food for me -- popcorn with real butter is to die for as well as warm bread smothered in the stuff. I have been using the "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" spray; however, I can believe it's not butter because there's nothing quite like the real thing! .

Chris is cranky this morning -- hopefully this is just the teen years and not his true personality. Mumbling because I didn't wash a particular shirt last night -- hey, he knows where the washing machine is too. I swear boys are worse than girls -- I don't remember Katie being so picky. One murder by mom, coming up!

Morning Meg -- wearing green today?! Happy St Patrick's Day to all!

Pam and Grandma, I hope all is well.

OK, ladies, time to get this show on the road. I really want to get in some exercise before I leave for work -- just too dang tired when I come home.

Have a great one!

Terry
Old 03-17-2003, 07:36 AM   #18  
Connecticut

Lord, give me patience not to murder him on St Patrick's Day -- agh, carumba!!!
Old 03-17-2003, 07:57 AM   #19  
Ginny

Terry,
If you have to you can always say the wee little leperchauns did it...LOL

Happy St. Paddy's day to all of you.. I am not in the least bit Irish, but it's a fun day anyway... love the accent...

Didn't do to good on food this weekend either, bought some snacks cause the kids were over, and I indulged in a few also, but taking the rest to work today for the people to devour, so I won't have it in the house anymore...

Have a good one all, stay op and enjoy the day and the fine weather.. the sun is up already here, course the fog is so thick you can hardly see it.. but it will burn off... and the snow is almost gone...yeahhhhhh!!!!

Dahlia
Old 03-17-2003, 08:09 AM   #20  
Connecticut

Temping thought, Dahlia!
Old 03-17-2003, 08:36 AM   #21  
Woman on a Mission

Good Morning to you all and Happy St. Patrick's Day. I too am not Irish but love to read folklore of the country.

Sorry to be so inactive right now just lots going on. I spent all day Saturday on homework and then the rest of the weekend on laundry, grocery shopping and quality time with DH and the dogs. I like the way our Sunday's are going now. We get up and get ready for Church, go for an early lunch, go visit his Dad and then go do our grocery shopping. Yesterday we picked up a dessert to share at a new market we tried and then spent the afternoon on the couch reading our books and watching the dogs have a wrestle. It just seems like going to Church helps center our day and really emphasises our desire to spend the rest of the day together. Nice side effect

Terry I'm so happy that the clothes are fitting better. It's an amazing feeling isn't it? Don't let your weigh in discourage you as I find it hard to believe you can gain that much weight within a day or two. I struggled with food on the weekend also (stupid PMS) but have picked myself up, dusted myself off and am carrying on business as usual.

Dahlia, I love to listen to jazz and blues also. Erwin kind of got me into some of it. It makes a nice change of pace and you can't help but get your foot tapping with some of it. I also enjoy Motown classics and some classical music too.

Well I guess I better hit the shower and get into work this morning. It snowed a ton here last night so that'll be a fun drive. I'm very thankful I live so close to work.

Take care and good morning to Meg, Cathy, Gramda G, Karie and all else who are missing in action but thought of fondly. Pop in and say hi when you get a chance.

Pam
Old 03-17-2003, 09:58 AM   #22  

Good morning! Happy St. Pat's!

No, I am not wearing green today. I used to have a fabulous green sweater, but it no longer fits...

Busy weekend for me as well. Dan and I threw a 1st birthday party for our kittens. They now are cats - with TONS of new toys. I did splurge on 1/2 a piece of cake and some corn chips & salsa, but weighed in the same as last week, with a change in my measurement. I now have lost over 3 inches off of my waist!

My shopping trip on Friday was not fruitful. Marshall's is really a hit-or-miss place. I think I may end up at target, or some other place where I know there will be plenty to choose from in multiple sizes.

Dan and I are re-doing our bathroom. No construction - just new towels, etc. It looks really nice. AND - we heard from our accountant, and right now it looks like we might have OVERPAID! We thought we owed $2,000! But - we aren't keeping our hopes up - I won't believe it until I am signing it.

Glad everyone had a great weekend. 65 degrees out. Know it won't last, but it is nice while we have it!

Meg
Old 03-17-2003, 10:57 AM   #23  
Gym'll fix it!!

Begorra..Happy St Pats Day to all of you too it will be 'funny' day in the bars today..one of the local families..the "Quinns" take their Irish Heritage to heart and one of them will no doubt be sporting a crewcut with a dyed green shamrock on the back of his head pity i won't be there to see it. Well, i could be there but i don't go anymore so i won't be there.
I lost all my "oomph" a couple of weeks ago and there is no sign of it i'm not 'dieting' not exercising..in fact apart from cleaning this darn house the only thing i am doing is EATING!! I want to change all that starting today..i know..i keep saying that but time is marching on..it will soon be April and i don't want to be FAT and i definitely won't go home FAT!! I don't mind going home chubby but i draw the line at FAT..its time to work some magic here and get some results..i'm determined to have a good day today..hope you do too.
I spent most of yesterday playing with my camcorder it is one of those that has a memory card too so that you can take pictures. I took some great ones of the 3 "Bambies" that were grazing on the lawn yesterday but i can't get the thing to download onto my computer..i only have windows 95 and you're supposed to have windows 98..i can download the software O.K. but as soon as i attach the camera the computer crashes so i've admitted defeat looks like i'll have to upgrade the computer which i don't want to do..why fix it if it ain't broke? its a real pity because the picture quality is excellent..far better than the 'naff' yahoo one that i've got...oh well..never mind..i think these companies do it on purpose so that you have to keep throwing money at these things...LOL
Old 03-18-2003, 07:35 AM   #24  
Connecticut

Good Morning!

Meg, I LOVE Marshalls and I am a TJ MAXX Queen! True, though, somedays there is nothing and other days you find a gold mine. On those days when the pickings are great, my wallet is usually empty! Such is life, right?!

Happy belated birthday to the kitties!

Pam, you had tons of snow and I slept with the windows opened last night and the sound of birds singing spring tunes this morning was glorious! I ain't gonna trade!!

Hey, Cathy, you'll get back on track when you are ready. It seems you were doing great until you heard about your ex. Hugs, girlfriend. Digital pics take up tons of memory and that may be a problem too. I just upgraded to Windows XP from 98 and I really love it. And, yes, I also think there is a conspiracy among hardware and software vendors to keep the industry going strong!

Trying a new course of action. Journaling everything but not really counting points. I am watching portions and snacks, etc. What I am doing differently though is focusing on the exercise and trying to religiously fit in WATP and/or the treadmill everyday. I am looking at it this way: if you only had to do one thing to lose weight what would it be -- exercise or count points? I figure exercise because the benefits are more. I really have a tough time incorporating both -- kind of like not being able to walk and chew gum at the same time

I peaked at the scale this morning and it's going down ...

OK, off to check emails and WW and then get ready for work. I try to get everything done in the house in the morning because I am too pooped at night.

Have a great Tuesday everyone!

Always, Terry

Last edited by Cool Mom; 03-18-2003 at 07:38 AM.
Old 03-18-2003, 07:37 AM   #25  
Connecticut

Wake up Dahlia!!
Old 03-18-2003, 10:05 AM   #26  
Woman on a Mission

Good Morning All,

Terry you are so on the right track..that's how I've been approaching it and I've been feeling alot better for it. I found I was beginning to obsess over the points and I didn't like that feeling. Good job buddy. I tried to do that darn 3 mile tape last night but crapped out after 2.5. Oh well ..it's all movement.

Cathy you just take care of you right now and the rest will fall into place. At least you're still thinking about it and that's the important thing.

Good Morning to Meg, Dahlia and Grandma G .. hope you all are having a good morning.

Take care,

Pam
Old 03-18-2003, 10:23 AM   #27  
Connecticut

Pam, forget it -- two mile tape is my limit! What I have been doing though is after I do WATP I jump on the treadmill for about a mile at an easy pace. OK, NOW I really need to get a move on!
Old 03-18-2003, 12:47 PM   #28  
Gym'll fix it!!

Morning Ladies,
Terry you're right that is exactly what threw me off track WORRY but i'm feeling better about it now and i had a good day yesterday..no exercise but good foodwise i even had 2 fingers of a 4 fingered Kit-Kat and a Bud ( i'll have the other 2 fingers today) without going overboard i had my usual peek at the scale (even though i put it in the closet outta the way i actually get weighed in there) and i'm at 162lbs so i've only gained 1.5lbs..not bad..considering what i've been doing and i'm confident that i'll soon lose that.
I joined Ebay yesterday which was a big thing for me because i'm very wary of the 'net' and i spent hours there (thats probably the reason i did'nt overeat) i bid on windows 98 and i thought i'm bound to get one because the seller had about 12 of them listed then about 2 hours before the end of the auction someone came on and bid on the whole lot of them i had to go out so did'nt bother to keep bidding (plus i was'nt going to let someone bump up the price to a price i was'nt willing to pay) so i did'nt get one..i'm in the bidding for another one but that has another week to go so anything can happen..i just hope that if i'm successful the seller actually sends it to me..oops.. set myself up for a telling off from Terry now BTW..wanna sell your windows 98 Terry ?
Pam..you and Terry are making me wanna buy WATP's..LOL..it sounds great and i'm trying really hard to resist..i can just imagine hubby's face if he ever came home and saw me marching away right next to that treadmill that i went mad for him to buy me! Time to make my brekky..stomach is rumbling..BBL
Old 03-19-2003, 07:24 AM   #29  
Ginny

Good morning ladies,

Coolmom, I am awake,, just went to work early yesterday,,had lots to do....it is getting more hectic everyday and it's only going to get worse, as the people start coming in and orders need to be filled and delivered,, but that is what we are in business for.
And I enjoy it after being alone in the office for so many months.
So not complaining, just explaining..

Still working on those same stubborn pounds, they go and come back,, true not as many come back each time but I want them off and away for good...how is everyone else doing?

Well, not much to say, it's pretty quiet besides working. Weather is improving, it's starting to look like spring outside too.

Have a great op day all, and will check in this evening.

Dahlia
Old 03-19-2003, 08:04 AM   #30  
Connecticut

Morning!

Spring is here -- had my first Dairy Queen ice cream cone of the season last night with DH -- hot date

Hey, Dahlia, busy is good, keeps paying those bills! Glad to see that you posted ... now where is that Grandma?????!

Cathy, EBay is so addictive and I see that you are hooked already! I'll email you about Windows 98 -- Bill Gates may be lurking . Seriously, just tell DH that WATP is a new treadmill program you have -- it mixes floor work with the treadmill (my mom always says, what our husbands don't know, won't hurt them!). Actually, that is exactly what I do -- the two mile WATP for Abs tape and then instead of cooling down, I jump on the treadmill for a mile. It seems like a good workout and I am not bored which is so important.

Have patience with yourself and your weight loss goals -- you'll get cracking soon, you always do once you find that spark .

Most people "spike" on eBay -- wait till the last minute or two and then bid so they get it at the lowest price. Click on "show closing auctions" and you just never know what you'll find at a great price.

OK, off to work I go. Starting to wake up here so the day actually looks doable -- gulping coffee helps big time!

Pam, try not to be too busy today -- you work too much!

Morning, Meg!

Later gators!
Closed Thread